Author's Chapter Notes:

I did it! I added another chapter. Yay me! Sorry, real life got in the way and was full of undesirable drama. Ugh. But, it's all settled, spring break happened, and work wasn't crazy, so I came back!

 

 

umm i totally fixed all the crazy z88: things that were there....so don't know where they came from!

Maria and Andy were in Andy’s bedroom finishing the last few touches of their hair and make-up.

Maria slowly and gently rubbed her belly through the fabric of white fabric of her dress.

“I can’t believe you’re already almost three months!” Andy said, sitting on her bed.

“I know, it’s crazy. I’m just glad we could pull the wedding together before I get too huge.”

Maria had found out she was pregnant on Valentine ’s Day. So, at her request, they made the wedding as soon as possible.

It was happening at the Copeland house, in rented tents outside. The still chilly March air made it nearly impossible to hold the ceremony outside, so Arthur rented a huge canvas tent and threw some heaters in to keep everyone warm. He and Vivian didn’t want close to one hundred and fifty people inside their house.

Andy had gone all out with her decorating skills and the tent and yard were beautiful. She used solid white rose bouquets as centerpieces for the tables, as well as decoration around the outside of the tent. She had beautiful potted trees strewn around inside of the tent. She used her creativity and made a huge ceiling centerpiece out of yards and yards of white silk and shiny silver ribbons.

Andy sat at her vanity, in deep thought as she applied more lip-gloss and eye shadow, until Maria startled her.

“You ok? You’re awful distracted these days. You and Justin doing ok?”

The two had been inseparable, only leaving each other when they had to.

“Yeah, we’re-great.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

Andy signed and turned toward Maria. “You have to swear not to say anything to anyone!”

“I swear, now spill it.”

Andy took a deep breath. “I’m late,” she whispered and quickly turned back toward her mirror.

Maria gasped. “How late?”

“All of February and haven’t had one in March either.”

“Have you taken a test?”

“No. I don’t want to know.”

“Why not? You should be excited!”

“Can we not talk about this right now? This is your day.”

“As long as you promise to take a test first thing tomorrow.”

“Fine.”

Andy had helped Maria out more than her own sister, Kat, had with wedding plans and finding doctors. Kat didn’t even want to go to the wedding, much less be in it. So, Maria made Andy her Maid Of Honor. Since Justin was Jason’s best man, it seemed only fitting.

Vivian walked in Andy’s room, a huge smile on her face. “You ladies ready? The boys are getting antsy.”

Andy stood up and walked over to Maria, both girls smiling.

“Let’s go get you hitched to my brother,” Andy said, taking her arm and the three walked downstairs.

 

 

There were only two bridesmaids, and Andy. As the first couple walked down the isle, Justin and Andy got in to position behind the next couple. As she placed her hand in the crook of his arm, she caught the huge smile plastered on his face.

“What?” she asked shyly.

“I love you sweetheart. The next time we walk down an isle like this, you’ll be the beautiful blushing bride.”

She just laughed. “Don’t get ahead of yourself there cowboy. There’s more important things than getting married.”

“Like?”

“Your kids. Now shhh. It’s our turn.”

Justin walked Andy down the isle, her slim fitting spring green dress matching his cumberbun and bow tie on his tux. Her hair piled on her head in small ringlet curls had him dying to get her alone just to mess it up.

The ceremony went beautifully, Andy crying as they said their vows and ‘I Do’s’. After, the catering company set up the buffet, and everyone had dinner. Andy was disappointed she couldn’t cook, but knew she wouldn’t have had time with decorating and getting herself ready.

 

 

 

After mostly everyone was done eating, everything was cleaned up and cleared out of the way for the reception. With cake, and lots of dancing. They had an open bar, which just about everyone took advantage of. Everyone except Maria, and Andy.

“You sure you don’t want a drink or beer baby?” Justin asked, sitting next to her.

“Nope, I’m good.”

He gave her a sideways glance, making her nervous. She wasn’t about to tell him she was late, especially not here.

“You not feeling good or something? You’re usually all for the alcohol.”

She laughed. “I’m just not in the mood tonight, that’s all.”

“Dance with me then.” He held his hand out to her, and she accepted it.

They made their way out to the make-shift dance floor as a song came on. One Andy was sure she’d heard before.

“I’ve heard this before somewhere,” she whispered, his ear only inches away.

“My birthday,” he whispered down in her ear and she instantly remembered.

The song that was on as they were on their way to the bar for his birthday. The night everything really began between them. The night Justin told her he loved her.

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I would offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
There's no doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on a rolling sea

And down the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
But you ain't seen nothin' like me yet

There ain't nothin' that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
Make you happy make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love

 

“I love you Justin.”

He leaned down and softly placed a kiss on her temple. “Love you too.”

 

During the song, Jason was dancing with his new wife. It was one of the few times they actually got to talk to each other with few people around.

“What’s wrong with Andy?”

Maria looked up at him, trying to act confused. “What do you mean?”

“I know you guys talk about everything lately. Has she said what’s wrong with her? She’s not acting like herself, and it’s scaring me. I’m ready to beat Justin’s ass if he hurt her.”

“It’s nothing like that!”

Shit. She let that slip out way too quick to make him think she didn’t know. She silently cursed herself for it, then took a deep breath. “She’s late. Like two months late, and she doesn’t want to know if she’s pregnant. She doesn’t want to say anything to him either, so you better not! And I never told you any of this either.”

Jason sighed. She only thought she was pregnant, nothing that he needed to kill Justin over. “He needs to know.”

“It’s not our place Jas. Let her do it when she’s ready.”

“Maria, come on! We’re talking about Andy here, she won’t say a word till she has the kid if she thinks it going to hurt him or anything.”

“Please Jason. At least not tonight. Give her some time.”

 

 

 

After their dance, Jason found Justin and pulled him off to the side. His best friend needed to know what was going on, even if it wasn’t his place to say.

“Noticed anything different about my sister lately?”

Justin looked at him confused. “Should I?”

“Oh, yeah.”

“She’s been real quiet the last few days. She said she’s not in the mood to drink tonight.”

Jason smiled a knowing smile and Justin just stared at him in confusion.

“Think about it Justin!”

“About what?”

Jason sighed, aggravated, not knowing how to make him see it without flat out telling him.

“Ok. Nicole was a drinker. When was the only time she didn’t drink?”

Justin had to actually stop and think about it, it felt like a totally different life now. “When she was pregnant with Alex and Emma.”

Jason just nodded as Justin took a drink. It must have sunk in just then because the drink of beer Justin had in his mouth was suddenly on their shoes.

“No. There’s no fucking way!”

“Maria told me she told her right before the wedding she’s like two months late.”

“She can’t be. No.”

Jason laughed. “So you used a condom every time?”

Justin looked down and mumbled a quiet no making Jason laugh. “Justin, man, I could be wrong but it’s looking like your going to have another Justin Junior!”

He looked up at Jason, his eyes looking like he was about to cry. “No. I don’t want her to go through that. Not after what happened with Nicole.”

“Damn it. She’s not Nicole, don’t worry about it ok? At least not right now at my wedding. Forget I said anything, I thought you’d be more excited.”

Justin slowly turned and walked away from Jason, and headed straight for the bar. He had the bartender pour him a shot of the strongest whiskey they had available, then asked for another.

 

 

“Jason!”

He turned and saw Andy walking toward him. “Shit,” he whispered, then smiled at her.

“What’s wrong with Justin? He’s sitting at the bar, drinking shot after shot and trying not to cry.”

He sighed. ‘Me and my big mouth’ he thought, then took her by the hand and led her away from all the people. “Look, don’t get mad ok? I was worried about you earlier. Maria told me what you told her earlier.”

“What?! She wasn’t supposed to say anything to anyone!”

“Andy, calm down. She did it because I was ready to confront Justin on what he did to you, that’s how worried I was. And me being the happy big brother and maybe future uncle, I kind of made him guess.”

“Made him guess?”

“I just told him to think about the only time Nicole didn’t drink. That’s where the beer on my shoes came from.”

“God, Jason! I don’t even know yet! Why did you do that? Now he’s all moping around.”


“He’s freaking Andy. Not because you’re pregnant or possibly pregnant. Because of what happened with Nicole. He’s worried it’s going to happen to you too.”

She sighed, rolling her head around. “I’m not ready for this yet. I wish you wouldn’t have said anything to him.”

Jason watched his sister walk over to his best friend, and whatever she said to him made him get up and they walked out of the tent.

 

 

After Andy said she was ready to go up to her room and get ready for bed, Justin quietly followed her. Once in the safety of her room, she pulled him to her and kissed him. So sudden and so intense it shocked him.

“What got into you? Not that I’m complaining,” he asked with a smug smile.

“I love you. So much.”

“I love-” he was cut off as Andy quickly continued.

“I know what Jason told you.”

He jerked his head up, surprised Jason had ratted himself out. “Don’t be mad at him for it.”

“Too late for that. Look Justin, I don’t even know for sure. I’ve been late before for no reason. Probably from being stressed out. I wasn’t going to say anything until I knew for sure until Maria started grilling me earlier over what was wrong.”

“Andy, if you are-”

“Shush and let me finish.” She sat him on her bed and sat next to him. “I’m not Nicole. Nothing like that is going to happen ok? So don’t worry about that part of it. You know the only thing I do is drink, and I haven’t done that since your birthday.”

“You have to find out. How late?”

She sighed. “I haven’t had a period since the beginning of January. I skipped February and now just about all of March too.”

“Take a test. For me. Just take it, you don’t even have to look at it. I just need to know.”

She suddenly got worried. “Why do you need to know?”

“So I can prepare myself,” he whispered, and wiped a tear from his eye.

“I’m not going anywhere Justin. You’re stuck with me.”

He nodded as the alcohol took over and he started crying. Andy pulled him into her arms and just held him as he cried.

“Shh Justin. I have a test in my drawer, do you really want to know?”

He looked up at her and shook his head yes.


Andy wiped the tears off his face and stood up. She opened her nightstand drawer and took out the box that had been in there since she was a day late. She grabbed his hand and led him into the bathroom.

“Turn around while I do it,” she said shyly.

He smiled at her and slowly turned. He heard her open the package and the rustling of her dress.

“Ok, there it is,” she whispered.

He turned around as she was pulling her dress down. He picked up the test and watched as the results showed up.

“I don’t know how I should react,” he whispered, a total look of confusion on his face.

“How do you want to react?”

He gulped, looking like he was about to cry again. “I want to be happy, jump for joy, hug you and never let you go. I’m too scared too though.”

Andy took the test and looked at it. There, plain and bright as day was a huge pink plus sign.

She slowly looked up at him, her mouth open in surprise.

“I-” she started, but was cut short as he pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly.

They stood in the same spot and same position for so long Andy almost they were standing her bathroom with a pregnancy test in her hand.

“What happens now?” she whispered.

“We’re going to have a baby.”

She smiled at the way it sounded coming out of his mouth. They were going to have a baby. She was pregnant with his child. She could feel the sparkle in her eye and the glow in her face start.

“Andy?” he asked concerned as her facial expression started changing.

“We’re having a baby!” she squealed, jumping up and down.

The change in her attitude totally surprised him. He thought she would be upset, disappointed, pissed off…anything except for how she was now.

“You like the idea?” he asked surprised.

“I love it! I love it almost as much as I love you, Alex and Emma!”

He had to laugh at that. It made her so happy, how could he not be happy about it. “We have to go celebrate then!”

He quickly led her back down to the wedding activities, suprising himself that the effects of the alcohol had worn off so quick. Being scared sure sobered him up awful quick.

He grabbed a beer and quickly went over to Jason, Andy trying to keep up with his almost running.

“Jason!”

Jason jumped, and turned around, trying to swallow his drink instead of spitting it out. The look on Justin and Andy’s faces said all he needed to know, and a huge smiled crept across his face. “You’re pregnant aren’t you?”

Andy quietly shook her head, knowing between the two of them everyone in the place was going to know tonight. Especially with all the alcohol that had been consumed.

“Hot damn!” Jason shouted, causing almost everyone to stop and look at him. An evil smile came across his face as he looked Andy, he quickly shaking her head no.

“My sister’s going to have a baby! I’m gonna be an uncle and a daddy!” Jason shouted, and as everyone was applauding, Andy just wanted to crawl under a table.

Vivian rushed over to her daughter, surprise written all over her face. “You’re pregnant?!”

Andy bit the corner of her lip and shook her head yes. Vivian quickly turned to Justin. “And just when are you going to officially become part of this family since you two are having a baby?”

The look on Justin’s face told her how much he loved Andy before he said anything. “As soon as she’ll marry me, Viv.”

Andy walked over and wrapped herself in his arms, marveling at the feeling. “Get Alex and Emma. Let’s go back to your house,” she whispered.

He hooked his finger under her chin, pulling her face to his and placed a gentle kiss on her nose. “It’s your house now too.”

Andy shook her head before stealing a real kiss. “As soon as you want.”

“Tomorrow. I want you with me, with us, for forever. I don’t want to ever let you go.”

“I’ll start bringing stuff over tomorrow then.”

“You better,” he smiled. “Let’s get the kiddos and get out of here.”

They gathered up Alex and Emma, said their good-byes and then left for Justin’s house. Their house.

Andy thought about that on the way over there. Their house. She would have to quickly change it to a home, one that their three kids could grow up happy in. Their own little happy haven.

Chapter End Notes:
I'll get another up ASAP!

Incomplete
ladybugs26 is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked Can't Stop Life also liked 576 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story