Author's Chapter Notes:
Let me know what y'all think, if no one is interested I don't want to waste space and time on doing this lol

"Justin! Wake up!" Nicole shouted, shaking her sleeping husband. "It's time!"
"What?" he mumbled sleepily, not wanting to get up.
"I'm in labor!"
"Oh, shit!" He jumped out of bed and threw the closest clothes he could reach on.
"Call your mom. Tell her to meet us at the hospital to get Alex," he said before going to wake-up the sleeping nine month old.

A half hour later, they arrived at the hospital where Nicole's mom, Gene, was waiting.
"Hey mom. Thanks for taking Alex," Nicole said handing her Alex's diaper bag.
She took the bag and the car seat with the sleeping baby in it from Justin.
"I'll bring him back up in the morning to see his new baby sister. Call if you need me."
They both hugged Gene and she left as they were shown to the delivery room.
Nicole was hooked up to the moniters and an IV was started, then they asked if she wanted an epidural.
"No, I'm going natural again."
"Alright. It shouldn't be too long, you're at 7 centimeters already."
She took a deep breath as a contraction hit. "Ok," she groaned.

A little bit later, after a major contraction, Nicole lifter her left hand and looked at it.
"What are you doing baby?" Justin asked, watching her carefully.
"My....fingers.....they're numb."
"Nicole?" he asked, moving to stand next to the bed.
"I...can't..." Her arm dropped and her head leaned to the side as the moniters started beeping wildly.
"Nicole!" Justin shouted as nurses and doctors rushed in.
"What's wrong with her?" he shouted over the comotion.
"Sir, you're going to have to leave" a nurse said shoving him out.

He stood outside the room and saw them wheeling the bed out in a hurry a short time later.
"Nurse!" Justin shouted. "What's going on?"
"Her heart is shutting down. Probably from the stress of the labor."
"What...where...""They're taking her to the OR to do an emergency c-section. If that doesn't work, they will do everything they can. Wait in the waiting area, They'll let you know something soon sir."

An hour later, a doctor walked out.
"Mr. Timberlake?"
"Yeah," Justin answered, standing up.
"Has your wife had any previous heart condtions?"
"No, none. She's been healthy since we met."
"She had a hole on the underside of her heart. I'm suprised no other doctor had found it. The stress of the labor caused it to start bleeding out."
"She didn't have any problems before though."
"It could have been smaller then. Or possibly not have been there."
"How...are they?"
"You're daughter is doing great. 8 pounds and 9 ounces of beautiful baby."
"And Nicole?"
The doctor looked down then back at Justin. "I'm sorry, We couldn't restart her heart after it stopped. Time of death was 5:36 am. I'm...deeply sorry."
Justin sank down in the chair behind him as the tears started flowing.

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know if its blah or if I should do more later!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story