Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm baaaack! :-)
Losing My Way


“Timberlake!” Trace shouted over the sound of the music when he spotted Justin heading towards the VIP section of the club.

Justin smiled and nodded at the bouncer as he walked by. Trace motioned for Justin to join him in a booth filled with beautiful women.

“J, this is Felicia, Brianne, Samantha, and Lexi. They’ve been so kind as to join us this fine evening.”

Justin chuckled and slid into the booth next to the woman Trace had introduced as Lexi. “How’re you ladies doing?” He asked, putting on his most charming smile.

They giggled and on any other night that would have annoyed the shit out of Justin but tonight he simply did not care. Trace ordered a round of drinks and before Justin knew it, his problems with Campbell were at the back of his mind and he was getting cozy with Lexi, his hand on her thigh, her warm breath on his ear.

“Wanna get out of here?” She asked, licking his neck.

Suddenly, the earlier events of the evening came back to him. Justin was sober enough to know the answer to that one. “Nah, I’m good. Thanks though.”

Lexi just giggled and climbed over him out of the booth, motioning for Felicia and Brianne to follow her onto the dance floor. Trace and Samantha had disappeared into their own booth in the corner a while ago but he returned to Justin’s table, alone, a few moments later.

“Where’d everybody go?”

Justin pointed towards the dance floor where the three girls were now grinding together, much to the pleasure of the men around them.

“You okay?” Trace asked.

Justin considered telling Trace about the pregnancy test, but decided against it. Instead, he nodded and said, “Let’s go get some more drinks.”

* * *

Justin threw back his third shot of the evening before realizing that Trace was no longer standing next to him. Puzzled, he headed away from the bar in search of his friend. He visually scanned the VIP section but didn’t see him anywhere. Justin figured that he must have gone to the dance floor.

He walked past the VIP bouncer and into the crowd of bodies swarming the dance floor. A few drunken girls (and one totally smashed guy) tried to grope him but even in his slightly inebriated state Justin had enough sense to push them off of him. Justin was about to check the bar when the familiar beat of SexyBack came through the speakers.

“Fuck, not again,” Justin groaned. His head hurt. He turned towards the back hall, hoping to escape to the men’s room when an arm grabbed him from the darkness.

Justin turned to look at the shadowy figure, who had stepped into the light. He seemed vaguely familiar but Justin couldn’t quite place him.

“Timberlake, it’s me, Luke. We met at Tim’s party a few months ago.”

Oh yeah, Justin thought. Luke was that guy who had had three different ladies at his side over the course of the evening, each one skankier than the next.

“Oh, Luke, hey,” Justin said, forcing a smile.

It must have come across as a grimace because Luke’s smile faded and he asked, “You okay?”

“Yeah, just a headache.”

“On a night like this? That sucks. Want some Advil?”

Justin didn’t remember him being this nice. “Sure.”

Luke reached into his pocket and brought out a small pill container, pouring two tablets into Justin’s outstretched palm. In the strobe lights they looked purple rather than red. He popped the pills into his mouth and washed them down with the drink Luke handed him.

“Thanks man,” he said, patting Luke on the shoulder before continuing on to the men’s room. Justin stumbled as he pushed open the bathroom door and that was odd”he didn’t think he was that drunk. He steadied himself against the wall before reaching the urinals. He stood in front of the nearest one and unzipped his pants. Suddenly, the floor slid out from under him. He smashed the back of his head against the stall door on his way down and the last thing he remembered was thinking to himself that Advil wasn’t supposed to be purple.

* * *
When he came to, Justin immediately knew that something wasn’t right. He knew he was in a bed, but it definitely wasn’t his bed. For a second, he thought that maybe he’d somehow managed to fall asleep at the booth in the club, but he couldn’t hear any music, just a lot of beeping. When he finally managed to open his eyes he realized why.

He was in the hospital.

If he had had the strength he would have sat bolt upright and panicked. But his head felt so fuzzy and his limbs must’ve weighed a thousand pounds because all he could do was lean forward a few inches before flopping back against the pillow. He groaned as the motion sent his world spinning and he shut his eyes.

“Justin, oh my God, are you okay? Trace, get the nurse!”

Justin managed to peel his eyelids open at the sound of her voice. “Campbell?” He asked quietly, and her panic-stricken face came into focus. “What”” But before Justin could ask what had happened, a male nurse walked in, followed by a worried-looking Trace.

“Mr. Timberlake, how are you feeling?” He immediately began writing down Justin’s vitals on a sheet of paper attached to a clipboard.

“Like shit,” Justin answered honestly.

“Any dizziness? Nausea? Pain?”

“Dizzy. And my arms feel all heavy. What happened?”

“That’s what we’re trying to find out. Are you aware that you ingested a high dose of Rohypnol last night?”

“What?” Justin asked.

“Roofies, J,” Trace said. “Did you take some roofies?”

“What?” Justin repeated. “No, I . . . why would I do that?”

“What’s the last thing you remember, Mr. Timberlake?” The nurse asked.

Justin struggled to reconstruct the evening in his mind. There had been some girls dancing and there was a brief memory of a guy in a dark hallway. . .

“The guy . . . uh, what’s his name? L-Luke! He gave me some pills. Said they were Advil.”

“Luke?” Campbell asked.

“The guy from Tim’s party,” Justin explained, as it all started coming back to him.

“That asshole?” Campbell seethed.

“Campbell, why don’t you go talk to Detective Douglas?” Trace suggested, leading her out of the room leaving Justin alone with the nurse, who asked Justin to explain in as much detail as he could what he remembered. Then Detective Douglas came in and questioned him a bit about the appearance of the pills and asked Justin to verify the description of Luke that Campbell had given him. Finally he was left alone in the room with Campbell and Trace. Trace excused himself to go get some food and it was just Justin and Campbell.

“Campbell, I . . .” Justin began but he was once again cut off, this time by Campbell smacking his arm.

“Timberlake don’t you EVER scare me like that again!”

And then Justin remembered the events leading up to his decision to go clubbing and his anger returned. He didn’t really feel that he deserved that kind of treatment, given the condition he was in.

“Look who’s talking,” he said sarcastically.

“What?”

Justin rolled his eyes. “Next time, if you’re going to keep a secret from me, at least take the evidence away from where I can see it.” He immediately felt guilty for saying this, knowing full well that his words applied to himself as well. Campbell looked confused, which only made Justin angrier. “I saw the fucking pregnancy test box, Campbell. Why didn’t you tell me?”

Campbell’s expression changed from confusion to anger. “Pregnancy test? Oh, you mean the one MY SISTER took?”

Now it was Justin’s turn to be confused.

“Yeah, it was for Anika, not me. And by the way, next time, if YOU’RE going to keep a secret from me, at least keep the evidence out of US fucking Weekly.” Before Justin had a chance to respond, Campbell stormed out of the room, nearly crashing into Trace on her way out.

“What just happened?”

Justin groaned and all of the anger drained away to be replaced by sadness. “I think I blew it, Trace. Big time.”

Incomplete
a_nonymous is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked FutureSex/LoveSounds also liked 679 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers cheaterj soloj triangles tabloids friendswithbenefits