SexyBack

Justin met Campbell on a Tuesday. She co-owned a trendy clothing shop, Infusion, with her sister, Anika. Justin had been out shopping with Cameron all day and he was tired, but Cameron insisted that they go to this one last store.

“My sister swears by this place,” she said.

And Justin saw that, unlike the last four stores, this one sold things he’d actually consider wearing. All right, maybe he was a little bit grumpy because he had been out too late at the club last night. He didn’t mean to insult the other stores by not buying anything. But this one had potential; a sign on the window said that they sold vintage Nikes.

The little bell attached to the door signaled their arrival, and Anika came out to greet them. Five minutes later, with security posted at the door and the shades pulled down on the front window, Justin left Cameron with Anika to try on some jeans while he wandered over to the footwear.

Campbell was sitting on the floor lacing up a pair of Converses when she saw Justin’s feet out of the corner of her eye. Justin saw her peer up at him and watched the recognition flash across her eyes. What he didn’t expect was her to look back down at the shoes in her lap and continue working before asking, “Can I help you?”

“Um, the sign on the window said you have vintage Nikes for sale?”

Still not looking up, she responded. “Yeah, they’re in the back, I’ll bring them out to you in just a sec.”

Justin sat down on the bench opposite her and waited, somewhat impatiently, for her to finish. Finally she stood up and headed towards the back of the store. She returned a few minutes later and Justin mumbled under his breath, “It’s about time.”

“What did you just say?”

Justin’s head snapped up and he looked at the young lady in front of him. “Nothing.”

“No. I heard what you said. And excuse me for not moving quickly enough for Justin Timberlake.”

“This has nothing to do with who I am. It was rude of you to make me wait like that!”

“And it was rude of you to talk to me like that.”

Justin, surprised by the fiery retort, was momentarily stunned. And when he did open his mouth again, it was to say, “You’re right. I’m sorry. It’s been a long day.”

The woman was clearly shocked by Justin’s response. “No, you’re right. I shouldn’t have made you wait.”

Justin offered her a weak smile. “Let’s start over. I’m Justin.”

The young lady smiled and reached for his outstretched hand. “I’m Campbell; nice to meet you.”

“Same here. Now I heard that you had some old school Nikes for sale?”


* * *

The next time Justin met Campbell was that Saturday when he and Cameron went bowling. Campbell was out with a few of her friends. After their initial rough patch, they had hit it off so well that he invited her and her friends to join him and Cameron. They had an awesome time and the rest, they say, is history.

* * *

They could hear the bass thumping from the parking lot. As they neared the club, Justin groaned when the song blasting from inside became recognizable.

“I’m bringing sexy back. Them other boys don’t know how to act,” Campbell sang, dodging Justin as he reached over to cover her mouth with his hand.

“Why me?” He asked, looking up at the dark sky.

“Should’ve thought of that before you wrote the song, J,” Trace pointed out.

Justin just shook his head before nodding at the bouncer when he opened the door for them. He followed his entourage into the club and up the stairs to the VIP, ignoring the not-so-subtle shouts of “Is that Justin Timberlake?” from some of the less than sober patrons.

A half hour and a drink or two later and Justin was ready to brave the dance floor.

“I’m going to dance with Campbell,” he told Trace.

He looked over the balcony one last time, scanning the crowd for his friend before descending the stairs into the sea of bodies on the dance floor. He made his way towards Campbell and snuck up behind her, putting his hands on her hips and swaying to the beat with her. When she nearly jumped twelve feet in the air, he laughed.

“Jesus! You scared me. I thought you were some creep that had the nerve to come up to me like that.”

“Nope, it’s just me.”

“Having fun?” Campbell asked as Justin put his arms around her shoulders and she positioned her hands on his waist.

“Eh,” Justin replied.

“‘Eh?’ Just ‘eh?’”

“Yeah. I’m kinda bored.”

“Well you obviously haven’t been hanging out with the right people.”

“Oh really?”

Campbell nodded. “Aren’t you glad you’ve got me here to save you from a night of sheer and utter boredom?”

Justin rolled his eyes. “Oh yes, thank you so much.”

Just then, a barely legal blonde came bouncing towards them.

“Hey Justin, wanna dance?” She asked as if she knew if him.

“Um.”

“Actually, he’s a little bit busy right now, in case you can’t tell. You’ll have to wait in line. There’s about, oh, I’d say another forty girls ahead of you.” Campbell shot the girl her ‘back off, bitch, he’s mine’ look.

And just like that the girl’s all-too-sugary smile wiped right off her face.

“Oh.”

“What was that for?” Justin asked once the girl was out of earshot.

“What was what for?”

“That look you gave her. I thought you were trying to burn a hole in her head the way you were looking at her.”

Campbell raised an eyebrow. “Did you want to dance with her?”

“No.”

“Then does it really matter what the look was for?”

Justin pretended to ponder this question until Campbell “accidentally” stepped on his foot.

“Ow, woman!”

“Oops. Sorry.”

Justin pretended to glare at her. “Sure you are. I don’t know why I put up with you.”

Campbell smiled, sincerely this time. “Because you love me.”

Justin sighed. “That I do. That I do.”

When SexyBack came on again, Campbell turned around and ground her ass against Justin’s crotch until he grabbed her by the hips.

“Unless you want to give all these people a show, I’d suggest you stop that,” he whispered in her ear through gritted teeth.

She turned around, smiling coyly. “Why J, whatever are you talking about?”

He pulled her against him, rolling his eyes when she pretended to look shocked.

“Is that because of me?”

“No, it’s because of the guy next to you.”

Campbell grinned. “I always knew you had a thing for Latin men.”

“Campbell,” Justin whined. “Don’t start what you can’t finish.”

“Who said I can’t finish it?” Campbell whispered in Justin’s ear, biting his lobe and giggling when she felt him shiver.

She was going to be the death of him one day.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers cheaterj soloj triangles tabloids friendswithbenefits