Author's Chapter Notes:
I am *SO* sorry for the delay...school, writer's block, and insecurity about this chapter got the best of me.
Let Me Talk to You (Prelude)/My Love

I love the way you're standing
Lips look so sweet, like cotton candy (My love)

That don't mean you gotta stop the dancing
'Cause the way that you move is so demanding (My love)

Let's put it on cruise control
Let me take you to the crib, let me ease your soul (My love)

I'm gonna take it nice and slow
But first let me, let me, let me talk to you

Walk into my great place, cozy
I'm glad you came, let's make a toast (My love)

Let me make an indecent proposal
Let me take you to the back and do what we're suppose to (My love)

Let's take a trip to Dubai
You can be investigator, I'm your Private Eye
(My love)
You know I want a piece of that pie
But first let me let me let me talk to you



When Justin had a problem, he always went about solving it in a very systematic way. This is not to say that he considered his feelings for Campbell to be a problem; he just found them to be quite unexpected. Not knowing what else to do, he decided to start by listing the pros and cons of like-liking Campbell.

Pros:
1. Get along ridiculously well together
2. Same sense of humor

. . .

25. Let’s face it “ she’s hot

Cons:


Well, that’s where he was having a hard time. What were the cons of liking Campbell? Justin was snapped out of his reverie by the sound of his front door opening and his alarm system beeping.

“J?”

Justin quickly shoved the paper into the drawer of his desk and clicked on the internet icon on his computer, thanking his house for being large enough to buy him enough time to make it look like he was merely . . .

“Looking for a penis pump?”

Justin whipped his head around from watching Campbell walk into his office and focused on the computer screen in front of him.

“Trace,” Justin mumbled under his breath. “The little fucker must have messed with my computer again.”

“Don’t blame Trace for your own insecurities,” Campbell laughed. “Besides, if you ask me, there’s nothing wrong with the Trousersnake.”

“Please tell me you did not just say that,” Justin said through gritted teeth as he closed the window.

“Trousersnake, Trousersnake!” Campbell chanted, running when she saw Justin charging towards her. “Trousersnake! Trousersnake!”

“Campbell! You are so gonna get it!” Justin chased her through the hall, down the stairs, and into the living room, around the coffee table, through the kitchen into the game room where Justin finally managed to tackle her to the ground.

He tickled her mercilessly until she was gasping for air, begging him to stop. “Justin! I’m gonna pee my pants if you don’t stop!”

“Eww!” Justin said, pulling back from her. He opened his mouth to tell her how disgusting that was, but soon found himself flat on his back with Campbell hovering over him, a victorious grin on her face.

“I win,” she said before leaning down to kiss him.

When their lips met, Justin responded immediately, but when Campbell tried to deepen the kiss, Justin turned his head away.

“There’s something I need to tell you.”

Campbell froze above him. “What’s wrong?”

Justin smiled at her concern. Maybe, just maybe, his newly discovered feelings would be reciprocated.

“I think I like you,” he blurted out. Way to go, Timberlake, he thought. He waited for Campbell to slap him or tell him to stop fooling around and really tell her what’s going on.

What he did not expect was for her to start laughing. Hysterically. She leaned down, burying her face in the soft cotton of his shirt, and he held her while her body shook above him. He didn’t know whether to be embarrassed because he had totally made an ass of himself, or to be laugh with her because what was so funny?

“What did I miss?” Justin finally asked.

Campbell took a few deep breaths before lifting her head up to face him.

“Okay, this is gonna sound really cheesy . . .”

“But . . .?”

“I mightormightnot have came over here to tell you the same thing.”

Justin froze. What?! “What?”

Campbell stopped laughing and got off of him. “I can’t keep pretending that this friends with benefits idea is working for me.”

“You’re the one who suggested it.”

“I know. I thought maybe I just wanted you physically. But I realized that it’s more than just physical. We’ve really . . .”

“Got some chemistry,” Justin finished, sitting up and smiling. “That’s exactly what I was thinking.”

A comfortable silence came over the two of them, only to be interrupted by Campbell snorting before starting to laugh again.

“What now?”

“I can’t get over how corny this is. I mean, seriously, how cliché is this?”

Justin chuckled. “It’s like some crazy fan fiction.”

Campbell looked at Justin, her eyebrow arched questioningly.

“Not that I read that shit or anything,” he said quickly.

The silence settled over them again.

“So now what do we do?” Asked Campbell.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, do we start dating, do we keep having sex “ where do we go from here?”

Justin stood up and then got down on one knee. “Campbell, would you like to be my girlfriend?”

Instead of responding, Campbell sang,

“I’ll treat you good.
I know you hear your friends
When they say you should, baby,
'Cause if you were my boyfriend
I’d be your shining star “
The one to show you where you are
Boy you should be my boyfriend.”


Justin rolled his eyes. “You’re horrible.”

“Oh come on. You totally walked right into that one.”

“Well, will you?”

“Hmm . . .” Campbell pretended to think. “Eh, sure, why not?”

Justin rolled his eyes again. “Don’t let me inconvenience you by asking you out.”

“I’ll see if I can work it into my schedule.”

“Campbell,” Justin said, leaning in close to her.

“Yeah J?”

“Shut up.” And with that, Justin pulled Campbell in and brought their lips together. Maybe, just maybe, this time things would work out.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers cheaterj soloj triangles tabloids friendswithbenefits