Summer Love

If Justin wasn’t on the verge of having a serious anxiety attack, he probably would have been furious.

What was it with fucking women running their mouths all the damn time?

He stared at the cover again before turning to page fourteen for what seemed like the millionth time. Yep, it was still there:

Has Justin Timberlake been hooking up with former flame Cameron Diaz behind his girlfriend’s back? Sources close to Diaz think so.

“She’s just been really happy lately. The last time I saw her this happy was when she was with Justin,” said a friend of the 34-year-old actress.

Our source also says that Cameron has admitted to seeing Timberlake behind his girlfriend Campbell Adams’ back. “They started hooking up around his birthday while he was on tour and Campbell was nowhere to be found.”

So is a reunion likely? “[Cameron] is trying really hard to get Justin back. And he has expressed interest in getting back together with her as well.”


That’s all it said. The blurb was headlined with a recent photo of Cameron laughing with some friends over lunch at some restaurant in L.A.

He knew it wasn’t totally true, but it still hit a bit too close to home.

Justin nearly jumped fifty feet in the air when he heard the front door being opened behind him. He quickly shoved the magazine under a pile of Sports Illustrateds on the coffee table and turned to face the foyer.

“Hey baby,” he said, getting up to greet Campbell with a kiss and take her bags from her. “How was the shopping? Buy anything interesting?”

Campbell smirked. “See for yourself.”

Justin rummaged through the bags, pulling out some t-shirts, a few pairs of pants and . . . “Jesus.”

Campbell leaned in towards him. “I thought you might like it,” she whispered, her breath tickling his ear and causing chills to shoot down his spine.

“You will be trying this on tonight,” he said, examining the two piece lacy set.

“Of course. Now go shower. You stink.” She playfully slapped him on the ass.

“Woman, I do not stink!”

“Justin, you are a gross sweaty mess. What were you doing while I was gone?”

“Trace came over and we were shooting some hoops.” He left out the part about Trace coming over to deliver the magazine to him and confront him about it.

“And then you decided to sit your sweaty-ass self down on your custom made couch?”

“Yeah.”

Campbell rolled her eyes. “Just go take a shower.”

“Care to join me?”

“No!”

Justin stuck out his lower lip in a pout as he reluctantly headed up the stairs to the master bathroom.

“There might be a surprise waiting for you after you come out,” Campbell called after him.

Justin grinned and took to rest of the stairs two at a time.

* * *

Justin awoke to an empty bed the next morning. Pulling on some boxers, he called out for Campbell.

There was no response.

He checked the bathroom, living room, back yard, and kitchen before it occurred to him that she had probably gone out somewhere. Sure enough, when he checked his garage and driveway, her car was gone.

He called her phone but it went straight to her voicemail. Figuring she was probably busy, he fixed some breakfast, giving himself some more time to fully wake up.

It wasn’t until he had cleaned up his cereal that he noticed the note.

He picked it up and immediately recognized the handwriting:

J-

So this is why you’ve been acting so weird lately. Normally I wouldn’t believe the tabloid bullshit, but while you were sleeping you missed three calls “ one to the house and two to your cell “ from a Ms. C Diaz begging you to leave me and stop pretending you don’t still have feelings for her. Again, I would have just chalked it up to her being . . . well . . . insane, but then she started going on about the two of you getting together around your birthday.

So, long story short, I’m not mad at you. Yet. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but I want you to seriously consider what you’re doing. I’m going to be away for a little while. Don’t worry, I’m fine. I just think you need some time to think things over.

I’ll be back if and when the time is right.

-Campbell


Underneath the letter sat Justin’s cell phone with two missed calls and crumpled piece of paper. Justin unfolded it. It was the page from the magazine.

“Fuck!” Justin tossed the paper angrily at the wall.

He immediately picked up the phone and called the first person that came to mind “ Campbell’s sister. But Anika refused to tell him where she was. He drove to the house she and Campbell shared just to be sure that she wasn’t lying to him. After letting him search the place up and down, she slammed the door in his face. He slumped down on the front step.

“Shit.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers cheaterj soloj triangles tabloids friendswithbenefits