Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! I finally got my netbook!! yay me! Anyways I finally pulled myself away from Sorority Life on Facebook to come up with an update. So I hope you like it!
She let out a low groan as she walked into the drug store, trying to close the door behind her as paparazzi tried to follow her into the store. They were vultures. She never really had to deal with it before, maybe a couple of followers here and there but they were never constant enough for them to be a bother. That all changed though once there was even a slight indication that she might be married to or engaged to the Justin Timberlake. Now they were everywhere she went and they followed her everywhere too. There was absolutely no reason to follow her around. They were married, everyone knew that now, but the media was dying for photos of her and Justin together, which weren’t going to happen anytime soon. He had flown back to New York for a couple of things while she had stayed in Texas to wrap some recordings and interviews. They would be starting their new dates on the tour soon though so she was looking forward to seeing him soon.

She walked down the aisles of the store, looking for the items she needed all the while keeping her head down and trying to not acknowledge the paparazzi taking her picture. She wanted to chuckle as the store manager ran them out of the store making them take their pictures of her from outside. She bit her lip as she picked out the items that she needed, lazily putting them in her shopping basket as she shopped.

“Juliet? What are you doing here?” Billy asked as Juliet’s head snapped up from the items she was looking at.

“Hey Billy! How are you?” Juliet said, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

He nodded as she checked her basket for any missing items, “I’m doing good. So…h-how’s the marriage treatin’ ya?”

Her brown eyes eyed him as she cocked her head to the side, “Really good. I’ll just be glad when we’re actually in the same state. He’s so busy right now and so am I. It’ll be good when we start….well…when we start our family.”

“Wow! You’re in that stage with him already? Starting a family?” Billy asked as he scratched his head, swallowing down the lump in his throat.

“He’s my husband. We’re ready to start working on our marriage and possibly starting a family. It’ll just depend on our work schedules,” she explained as Billy nodded his head, “I don’t want this to be awkward. It’s just…” she trailed with a flip of her hand before whispering, “you asked how it was going.”

He shook his head as he let out a deep sigh, “I know. I-I guess I just don’t like knowing that you’re happy being married to him. It still hurts, you know?”

She patted his cheek softly before responding, “I know. I am happy with Justin though. I love him. That will not change.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Is Juliet Rangel-Timberlake rekindling with a former flame? That appears to be So True! While in Dallas Juliet ran into her ex-boyfriend Billy Currington. The pair was photographed in a Dallas drug store, shopping for a pregnancy test according to several store employees. Could Juliet be cheating on Justin after just a few short months of marriage?”

Justin let out a groan as he turned off his TV. He wanted to trust Juliet, he knew he should trust Juliet but it was hard given his past relationships. He knew the media though. There was always going to be some story now that they had confirmed their marriage. It was a vicious cycle. If you were dating someone you were either getting engaged or breaking up. If you were married you were either starting a family, cheating, or divorcing. The media was ruthless in their pursuit to spread any story they could come up with, he knew this. Still a small part of him wondered if maybe there was some truth to it. How much of a coincidence is it that her and Billy would be at the same drug store if they hadn’t gone together?
 
He ran his hands over his face, letting out a heavy sigh. This couldn’t happen again. He couldn’t be cheated on again, especially not by Juliet. He loved her more than he had ever loved anyone. He thought he had been in love before but nothing compared to loving her. She was his whole world and if he believed what the media was saying, she was going to break his heart soon. He should know better. If it wasn’t for his past he would trust her completely but he had done that before and got burned.

He picked up his cellphone, dialing her number, waiting patiently for her to answer, “Hello?”

“Hey baby girl.”

He waited a few moments as she let out an adorable giggle, “Hey honey! I miss you! I’m so ready for our tour to start again so we can be together and not in separate parts of the country.”

A few simple words from her was all he needed to put all his worries at ease.

“Me too baby girl. I miss you like crazy!” He confessed as she laughed over the phone.

“Awww honey. You’re so sweet! I need to see you! Did you see that ridiculous story about me and Billy going to the drug store for a pregnancy test? I swear I can’t run into any exs because then there’s a story about how I’m cheating on you. I mean let’s compare you two for a minute. You’re hot and sexy and my age and all around amazing and Billy….well…..he’s not. Seriously why would I cheat on the guy who brought sexy back?” Juliet said with a slight giggle and he had to laugh at that.

Suddenly all his fears were washed away as she continued to talk to him and tell him about her day. However there was still one thing that was nagging at him. That one picture of her caressing Billy’s cheek stood out in his mind and he couldn’t help but think about it as she continued to talk. He just had to know, why was she touching him like that?

“Jules, I just need to know one thing…” He let out a deep sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose, afraid to know the answer, afraid that this might start an unnecessary fight between them.

He should just trust her when she said it was all bogus but pictures speak louder than words.

“Sure baby, what?” Juliet asked as she laughed hard, “Sorry Chris and JR are having the most ridiculous burping contest right now.”

“W-Why….um….why were you caressing Billy’s cheek? I know nothing happened but the pictures…well….they tell a different story.” He was never one for confrontation but he needed answers.

At least for his mind’s well being. All he received though was silence. More silence. Silence that drug on and on until he was sure the call had dropped. Then he heard a cough. A choking cough and then a deep sigh, “You don’t believe me?”

“It’s not that, it just appeared to be a very intimate moment. If the roles had been reversed you’d be asking me the same thing.” he justified.

“If the roles had been reversed I would have trusted you when you explained the whole situation to me. I never want you to doubt the love I have for you and you not believing me makes me think that you do doubt that.” She explained and he could hear the noise in the background lowering.

“I’m not saying that!” He shouted in frustration.

She wasn’t listening to him.

“In essence you are. You’re saying because I gave him a simple pat on the cheek that there might be more than what I told you happen. That is not the case. He asked how our marriage was going and I told him that it was going great and that I was ready for the tour to be over so we could start actually being a family instead of living apart. He was sad about that, so I patted his cheek and told him that you were it for me and that he needed to move on and be happy in his own life. That’s all that happened. If you don’t believe me, then that’s on you.”

He could hear the hurt in her voice and he instantly felt bad. It seemed like he was always hurting her, unintentionally of course but still.

“I-I have to go…”

“Jules, w-wai-” The click of the phone cut him off before he could tell her that he was sorry.

He knew her, knew she didn’t have any feelings for Billy. He knew that he was it for her. They loved each other very much, but distance and the media had made him doubt that. Now she was hurt. She didn’t have to yell at him or cut him down for him to know she was hurting. It was all in the tone of her voice. That tone made his heart wrench in pain. He had never meant to hurt her. He had never meant to upset her but he had. The worse part was that he was states away and she obviously no longer wanted to talk to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Julie Jules! Julie Jules! Where are you?” CT shouted as he walked out into the hallway of the recording studio they were in.

He found his sister leaning against the wall, staring at the phone in her hand. She didn’t even acknowledge him when he leaned against the wall next to her. Silence engulfed the air surrounding them as she continued to stare at her phone. She shook her head causing her long brown hair to shake around her delicate face, “He doesn’t believe me about Billy.”

Six little words, uttered out of her mouth before a huge sob racked her body. She would have trusted him, she would have believed him. She wanted, needed, him to trust her. Granted her cheating on Billy with him would give him doubts about her sincerity and loyalty but she cheated on Billy because she loved him. After all these months how could he not know that? After all these months how could he even doubt her love for him? Maybe it was the distance, maybe it was the way the media took their pictures and twisted ever facet of her life to support whatever story they could come up with. She was trying to justify, trying to soothe the ache that was settling in her heart. It hurt too much to not have his trust.

Justin didn’t trust many people and neither did she but she always thought he would trust her. She never let herself think otherwise. He had hurt her in the past, unintentionally, with the whole Laker Game thing but she had let it go. She had accepted his apology, determined to make their marriage work but now he couldn’t even trust her when she said nothing happened. He believed the media and pictures over her and that broke her heart.

“Juliet, of course he believes you. He just had to know for sure. You can’t be upset because he asked for clarification. He wanted to hear it from you before accusing you of something that didn’t happen. He’s a guy. He could have been irrational about all of it but he wasn’t. He didn’t accuse you of having a love child with Billy, did he?” CT asked as he pulled his crying sister into his embrace.

He caressed her hair, trying to calm her down as she clung onto him for dear life. The ringing of her cellphone broke them out of their daze. She looked down at the screen before handing the phone to Chris and walking away. ‘Justin’ flashed on the screen as he held the delicate phone in his large hand.

“Jules?”

“You talk to him. I can’t, not right now.” She stated as she walked into the women’s restroom.

“Hello?”

“CT? I called Juliet’s number, right?” Justin asked as CT let out a sigh.

“Yeah. She’s in the bathroom. She’s pretty upset.” CT supplied and he heard Justin let out a groan.

“Shit man! I just wanted to know why she was caressing Billy’s cheek because the pictures look pretty fucking intimate. It was eating at me and I just had to know.” Justin said as he tried to explain himself to his brother-in-law.

“I know. I tried to explain that to her. She’ll understand once she gets over the hurt. I think she’s just hurting because she wants you to trust her and she knows that’s hard for you.” Chris explained as Juliet emerged from the restroom and held out her hand for her phone.

“Here she is man.” CT said as he handed over the phone and walked back into the studio, leaving the two of them alone to talk in private.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Welcome back to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon! We have a very special guest joining us tonight. Everyone please welcome Jessica Biel!” Jimmy announced as Jessica walked out.

She smoothed down her William Rast cotton t-shirt, strutting out with her head held high. She tried to push down the uneasiness in her stomach as she stepped onto his stage and took a seat on his couch. This was her first interview since Justin and Juliet announced their marriage and she was scared. Jimmy was a pretty laid back guy but he was also a close friend of Justin’s and he seemed to like Juliet a lot since he talked about how fine she was every show. She knew he would ask about Justin, that was a given, but for once she didn’t want to talk about Justin.

“How are you doing?” Jimmy asked once they both got comfortable.

She looked out at the audience before diverting her attention to Jimmy, “I’ve been better. Things have been kind of crazy lately.”

The audience ‘oh’ and she wondered if she still sounded bitter.

“How are you coping with the whole Justin/Juliet marriage thing? You were still dating him at the time they got married, right?” Jimmy asked and she nodded.

She swallowed hard before answering his question, “We were. They got married on a whim and decided that they wanted to make it work. The hardest part has been moving out and dealing with them in the media all the time. I hope he’s happy though.” She added that last part and tried to force what she hoped was a happy smile.

“So are ya’ll still friends?”

“I-I can’t be his friend right now. Maybe in the future but not right now. It’s still kind of fresh.” Her publicist told her to milk the victim card and she was.

Not because it would further her career but because she had really loved Justin but she knew now that he hadn’t loved her like she loved him.

In a simple way she was the victim. She had been wronged. She wasn’t going to be like Billy though and take the high road. She was going to let everyone know exactly what Justin and Juliet had did to her and her heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Newlywed couple Justin and Juliet Timberlake were spotted together in Tennessee, shopping with Justin’s parents, Lynn and Paul Harless. The pair appeared to be in good spirits as they laughed and enjoyed the day with Justin’s parents. It appears those rumors of their breakup and Juliet’s infidelity have been put to rest. This has been Access Hollywood. Have a good night.”
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story