Author's Chapter Notes:
So I had this grand idea that I would update like 5 stories at a time but.....that didn't happen! lol So I'm going to go ahead and post this update.

“Cass! Come on Cass! Get out of the bathroom!” Jordan shouted as he banged on the door, “Come on. I gotta pee!”

“Hold on Jordan!” Cassie shouted as she looked back at Juliet who was sitting on the toilet, chewing on her nails, “I can’t hold him off forever Jules.”

“We’ll do it later.” Juliet said with a shake of her head as she picked up her stuff and put it in her bag, “I’ve got to get back home. Justin’s probably wondering where I’m at.”

“Okay. Well, call me if you do decide to do it.” Cassie said as her and Juliet hugged goodbye.

“Will do Lil’ Sis.” Juliet said with a smile as she opened the door only to be met with a flushed looking Jordan.

“Jules? I will never understand why women have to go to the bathroom together all the damn time!” He said as he pushed past Juliet and practically shoved her and Cassie out of the bathroom before slamming the door shut.

“Wow! He must have had to go bad!” Juliet said as her and Cassie laughed, “Love ya Sis,” she said as she showed herself out.

She didn’t know what to do. She was nervous, no scratch that, she was scared as hell! Her and Justin had only been married for a few short months! They hadn’t even decided on a place they would settle down at. His career was in LA and hers was in Nashville. They hadn’t even talked about starting a family! Now though…now she might be pregnant and it scared her that she didn’t know if her husband would be happy about that or not!

She had always imagined that when she got pregnant she would know that her husband would be excited. She always figured it would be something that they planned and hoped for together. She never imagined that she would be hiding pregnancy tests from her own husband. She never imagined she’d be so nervous to find out if those tests were positive or negative.

All these thoughts flew through her head as she drove to Justin’s Tennessee home.

They were in Tennessee about to go back out on tour and she wondered how she was going to tour pregnant, if she even was. She believed that she was though and eventually Justin would find out. She bit her lip as she pulled up to his house, letting out a sigh as she turned off the ignition.

Maybe she was making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe she wasn’t even pregnant at all.

She laughed to herself as she made her way to the front door. She didn’t even know for sure and her mind was already coming up with those wild and crazy scenarios. She just needed to take the test and then based on the results approach Justin. It was all so simple. Why couldn’t the butterflies fluttering around her stomach notice that though?

She jumped as the front door was swung open and Justin stood there with his hand on his hip. He glared at her before he gritted out, “Where the hell have you been?”

She took a step back from him, “I-I told you I was going to Cassie’s house.”

“Then tell me what the fuck is this?” He growled as he threw the pregnancy test at her, “So, that story about Billy was bullshit? Yet! Here’s a fucking pregnancy test!” he shouted as she bit her lip, “What the hell Jules? Why?” he asked as he stared at her.

She hated seeing that lost look on his face, “Okay! I did buy a pregnancy test!” she confessed as he shook his head at her.

“Is it for you and Billy? No, wait…it has to be Jake’s! Just what exactly were you doing with him on all those publicity dinners and lunches?”

“I’m not the one that humped their “public girlfriend” in the Staples Center!” She shouted as she stormed past him and ran up the stairs to their bedroom.

He followed her, still pissed off because he didn’t understand. He didn’t understand how she could cheat on him. He loved her, he supported her, made her know she was it for him.

“Just tell me why Jules? Why did you cheat on me? Why wasn’t I enough for you?” He asked as she threw clothes into her suitcase.

“I didn’t cheat on you!” She shouted as she finally turned and faced him, trying not to cry, “I-I bought it,” she flopped down on their bed, taking a deep breath before whispering, “I bought it for us.”

“For us?” He asked as he took a seat beside her, wincing when she moved away from him.

“Yes. For you and me,” she whispered, “I can’t even believe you would think I would cheat on you with Billy or Jake or anyone for that matter!”

“What was I supposed to think? I come home and there’s a pregnancy test on the floor! Why didn’t you just tell me?” Justin asked as Juliet looked at him.

“I was scared! We haven’t even talked about where we want to live much less having children! Do you blame me J? I’m not even sure I’m pregnant!” She explained as he pulled her to him.

“I’m sorry I jumped to conclusions. I-I’ve just been so jealous of Jake. Ya’ll have this chemistry that scares me to death.” He confessed as she wrapped her arms around him.

“I love you though. He’s a great guy but he doesn’t hold a candle to you. And Billy…I married you while I was dating him. I almost married you again also while dating him. Believe me, he is no competition for you.” She said as she snuggled into his embrace.

“We should have discussed this a long time ago instead of waiting. I will move wherever you want too. Hey, listen to me,” Justin said as he lifted Juliet’s chin up so he could look her in the eye, “You don’t need to be scared about approaching me with things like this. We’re married. You’re my wife, you shouldn’t be afraid of my reaction. I’ll try to be a better man for you baby girl.”

“I know I shouldn’t be. I should have just came to you to begin with it’s just…we rarely have any time together. I would love to say that I just get you, and in a way I do, but we haven’t been together long enough for me to just know how you’ll react. Does that make sense?” She asked as he kissed the top of her head.

“It makes perfect sense. I think we need to have a long discussion ahead of us tonight. Do you want to take that test right now or after our talk?” He asked as she held onto him.

“I guess. I could take it right now. We have to wait five minutes for the results.” She said with a sigh as he rose from their bed.

“Are you hungry?” He asked as she nodded her head, “Okay, well piss on that stick and I’ll order us something to eat,” he told her with a shit eating grin that made her laugh.

“You did not just say that! I don’t even know how to respond to that! I seriously hope our unborn child, if we have one, didn’t hear what his Daddy just said.” Juliet said with a laugh as she rose from the bed, fully prepared to make her way into the bathroom and “piss on that stick”.

He crossed the room in three quick strides, pulling her into his arms as his hand slid across her stomach, inching it’s way underneath her t-shirt so he could caress her smooth skin, “You know I’ll be happy if your pregnant, right? Fucking ecstatic, baby,” he whispered before he captured her lips in a kiss.

“I needed to hear that daddy,” she whispered against his lips before he stole another kiss from her, “I want tacos honey,” Juliet said against his lips as he continued to steal quick kisses from her.

“You must be pregnant, startin’ in with the cravings and shit! Let me go get you some food baby girl.” Justin said as he kissed her one more time, smacking her ass as he left their bedroom.

“Okay. Let’s do this.” She said to herself as she grabbed one of the pregnancy test boxes out of her bag and entered the bathroom with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Who do you love? Really? Who? Say it!” Chris shouted as he threw his hands up in the air, basking in his victory.

“I love you,” Josh muttered as he shook his head.

“What? I can’t hear you!” Chris said as he cupped his ear, waiting for Josh’s surrender.

“I love you!” Josh shouted as he threw his controller down on the floor and crossed his arms, sporting a full on pout.

Cassie laughed at her brothers as they argued over a video game. They were staying at her house, which was always the case when they were in Tennessee but Juliet was staying with Justin now. She was glad that her sister was so happy but she missed her. Now Juliet spent all her time with Justin and hardly ever spent any time with their band. She understood it, she was the same way when her and Jordan had first gotten married.

She couldn’t shake that nagging voice in the back of her head that told her she was being jealous. She was jealous. Jealous of Justin. He was stealing her sister. Before Juliet used to come to her for advice, they used to be the best of friends. Then they met Justin and him and Juliet got along so well. They started hanging out more and more and she could see the signs, see them getting closer and closer, until she wasn’t her sister’s best friend anymore.

When they had gotten married she had secretly hoped it wouldn’t last. That’s a mean and cruel thing to wish for and she felt guilty for feeling that way but she missed her sister. When management had separated them she felt like she got her sister back. Don’t get her wrong, she was happy that her sister was happy, she really was…she just…felt like Juliet was slipping away.

Justin was this huge celebrity and being with him and in a relationship with him made his significant other a celebrity. She knew her sister didn’t care about that but lately all the media surrounding their band became Juliet-centric. She longed for the days when it was about all of them and not just about her sister and who she had married. She knew it wasn’t Juliet’s fault, you can’t help who you fall in love with, and it wasn’t even Justin’s fault, for being who he was, she was just jealous.

She would never admit this to anyone but when they first got signed to Tennman Records she had these disillusions of grander. She thought they would make the big times and she would be the star. She never expected to be lead, Josh and Juliet handled that, but back home people had always focused on her. When they hit the big time though, everything had changed. Lynn had shifted focus to the two leads and had pushed her to the side.

She let out a sigh as she took a seat on her couch beside her husband, throwing him a small smile when he grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together. Her and Jordan had been trying to have a child for so long and now her sister might be pregnant without even trying. It was just time to admit to herself, she was jealous of Juliet. She wanted everything Juliet had. She wanted the fame, she wanted a child…she wanted the luxurious lifestyle that Justin was able to provide Juliet with.

Sometimes life just wasn’t fair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So…” Justin trailed as he looked at Juliet.

“So, what?” Juliet asked as she fumbled with her fingers.

“Are you goin’ look?” Justin asked as he hopped up on the bathroom counter and looked at his wife.

She bit her bottom lip as she eyed the little stick on the other side of the counter, “Are you sure you don’t want to look?”

He chuckled as he watched her, she really was adorable, “I can. If you want…”

She turned and faced him and rolled her eyes at his wide grin, “Aren’t you the least bit nervous?”

He shrugged his shoulders as he continued to smile at her, “Not really. If you are, we’re starting our family. If you aren’t, then we can continue tryin’ to start a family. It’s a win-win for me either way.”

“I love how even now all you think about is sex!” She said with another roll of her eyes before slowly making her way to the other side of their bathroom counter.

“My first parenting advice…your face is going to get stuck like that if you keep doing that,” He said with a laugh as she stuck her tongue out at him, “real mature Jules.”

“You know I’d ask you to read this test for me if I was sure that you actually knew how to read but now… I’m not really convinced.” She joked as he hopped down from the counter and wrapped his arms around her waist.

He rested his chin on her shoulder as their eyes met through the mirror, “I’m goin’ let that one slide little girl. So…what’s it say?”

She held up the test as a small smile pulled on her lips, “Pregnant.”

“Are you sure honey?” Justin asked as he nuzzled her neck.

“I have six other tests in my bag that I can take.” She confessed as he pulled away from her slightly.

He cocked his head to the side as he looked at her curiously, “You’re lyin’.”

“If you don’t believe, check my bag.” She told him as he kissed the top of her head before going into their bedroom and grabbing her bag.

He flipped the bag over, laughing as six boxes of pregnancy tests plopped onto their bed, “Little girl, I love you. You’re so damn adorable sometimes,” he confessed as she laughed.

“I guess I should go to the doctor for confirmation.” She said as she re-entered their bedroom.

“Yeah. I mean that’s what people do, right?” He asked as she shrugged.

“I guess so. All I know is that I’m hungry!” She said with a pout as he laughed.

Just then they heard the buzz from the front gate, indicating someone was showing up. He kissed her forehead as he wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly before he pulled away.

“Let’s go down downstairs baby. It looks like our food is here.” He suggested as she took his hand, lacing their fingers together.

“Okay honey.” She stated simply before they made their way downstairs.

*Later that night*

“Mmm….Justin! Stop! Baby!” Juliet gasped as he continued to place kisses along her bare stomach.

“Why? I love kissing you…everywhere.” He whispered against her skin before dipping his tongue into her belly button.

“Honey! We’re supposed to be talking.” She exclaimed as he licked across her stomach.

“I know but my baby’s inside there.” He reasoned as she laughed.

She tried to pull her shirt down but he wouldn’t let her, “J, we can’t keep putting this off.”

“I know,” Justin said as he pulled back and snuggled up beside her on their bed, “So…where should we start?”

“Okay…um… where should we settle down?” She asked as his hand caressed her stomach, “Should we stay here in Memphis? It’s closer to Nashville for me but your career is in LA.”

“I can work from anywhere though. Besides I always envisioned myself settling down here in Memphis. Do you want to live in Texas?” He asked as she turned towards him and snuggled into his embrace.

She let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through her hair, “I love Texas. It’s just so hard to live there when our record label is based here plus the whole country community is here. If we stay here we need to think about schools and our touring schedules…not to mention our recording schedules. Plus Texas Roots is putting out a album at the end of the summer. I can’t tour that far into my pregnancy.” She said as he kissed the top of her head.

“So we’ll settle down here in Memphis. I’ll work it out baby. If we schedule a tour once your EP drops then I’ll schedule it after the baby and I’ll go with you to take care of our child. We’ll make it work.” He said as he held onto her tighter.

“We’re goin’ be the hip hop/country version of Tim and Faith, huh?” She said as he chuckled at her cuteness.

“You know it! Except I’m so much hotter than Tim McGraw.” Justin said as Juliet rolled her eyes at him.

“Of course you are honey,” she said sarcastically, “after all…you did bring sexy back!”

“I’m never goin’ live that down, am I?” He asked as she giggled at him.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to everyone still reading and reviewing! Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story