Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been working on this for awhile...it's a long chapter so I hope that makes up for it. Enjoy!

“What do you mean you’re pregnant? How far along are you?” Lynn asked as she rubbed Juliet’s stomach.

“Just five weeks. We just confirmed it at the doctor’s office. I haven’t even told the band yet.” Juliet said as she leaned into Justin’s embrace.

She giggled when he swatted away Lynn’s hands only to caress her stomach with his own. He really was adorable sometimes. He was so excited when the doctor confirmed that she was indeed pregnant. She knew he was probably already planning all the things he was going to do and teach their son or daughter.

She was worried though, not about their child but about Justin’s trust issues. She would stand by him completely but it hurt her that he didn’t trust her. They had had their talk and news of their baby had brought them closer together but she knew he wouldn’t change overnight. Even though he never said anything to her she had overheard him talking to Trace about his doubts that the baby was really his. That had broke her heart.

So when they went to the doctor she requested a paternity test which had surprised Justin but she didn’t want him to have any doubts. Every day she felt like she had to prove herself to him and if that’s what it took to make their marriage work then that’s what she was going to do. She knew now that they had rushed into this marriage too soon but she did love Justin and she only wanted to be married to him. To her being with him was worth it even if other people didn’t think so.

“Do you want me to tell them?” Lynn asked as Juliet shook her head.

“They’re my family. They should hear it from me.” She said as Justin kissed her temple.

“Speaking of the band…don’t ya’ll have rehearsals today?” Lynn asked as Juliet nodded.

“We do. I should go get ready. I’ll be right back down.” Juliet said as she kissed Justin quickly before heading up the stairs and to their bedroom.

“Are you excited about being a dad?” Lynn asked as she watched her son closely.

“Yeah I am. Why do you ask?” Justin asked as he crossed his arms, clearly on the defensive.

“It’s a little soon dontcha think?” Lynn asked as Justin scoffed.

“I thought you’d be happy about getting a grandchild.” Justin said as he stood a little bit taller, taking offense to his mother’s questioning.

“Do you really think you and Jules are ready for this? It’s a baby Justin, not a dog.” Lynn said as Justin took a step back.

“We know that mom. Are you suggesting that we get rid of our child?” He asked as he balled up his fists, anger spreading through him.

“I’m just saying that ya’ll should think about all your options. I wouldn’t rule it out.” She said with a shrug of her shoulders, missing the fire in his eyes.

“Get out of our house!” He said through gritted teeth as she looked at him with a wide-eyed expression.

“Justin. I’m just trying to be logical here.” Lynn said as Juliet made her way down the stairs, stopping midway as she peered back and forth between Justin and his mom.

“Get out of our house! How dare you suggest such a thing! I expected it from Johnny or someone else but not my own mother! Get the fuck out right now!” He shouted as Juliet rushed down the stairs, standing beside him and grabbing his arm to calm him down.

“J. Honey, please don’t yell at your mom. Please.” She pleaded as he glared at his mother.

“I didn’t mean to upset you Justin but think about what I said.” Lynn said as she grabbed her keys and her purse.

“You’re a bitch!” He spat out as Juliet gasped.

“Lynn, I’m so sorry. Please forgive Justin and his temper.” She said as she tried to make excuses for her husband.

“I’m not asking her for forgiveness. She wants us to get rid of our child! Her grandchild! We don’t need anything from her,” he explained as Juliet looked at Lynn, shock written all over her face.

“I didn’t say it like that Juliet.” Lynn tried to explain as Juliet shook her head.

“My husband asked you to leave our house. I suggest you do as he says.” Juliet said as she crossed her arms and stood her ground next to her husband.

“I’m going to leave but think about your options. Ya’ll are too young for a baby. Ya’ll were too young to even get married! Be logical for once. Look at all the problems ya’ll have had because ya’ll rushed into marriage too soon. I wouldn’t bring a baby into this unstable environment!” Lynn said in a calm voice before leaving their house.

When she left so did Juliet’s resolve as she leaned against Justin for support. He wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her forehead as he hugged her tight.

“If your mom acted like that I can only imagine what my siblings are going to say.” She whispered against his chest as his hand smoothed up and down her back, trying to soothe her.

“It’ll be okay baby. It’s me and you against the world, remember?” He asked as she looked up at him and smiled.

“Forever and always.” She responded as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So Jules is going to sit here during the slow songs and whenever she starts to get tired.” Josh said as he pointed to a little stage that they had placed on the big stage especially for Juliet.

“And I can sit with her so we’re still interacting with one another.” Cassie suggested as Juliet hugged her.

“I want my Lil’ Sis sitting next to me.” She said as Cassie laughed.

They were all working out how they were going to tour with Juliet being pregnant while Justin watched from the audience seats. The ride over to the rehearsal space had been a tense one with Juliet not saying much. He didn’t blame her though. She had expected his mom to be thrilled with the news and so had he so it was a complete shock to both of them when she wasn’t.

Lucky for him though when they broke the news to her siblings they automatically started gushing over Baby Timberlake. It had taken a few moments but Juliet eventually started to perk up as they kept trying to rub her baby bump. He was happy that she was happy now but it bugged him that his mom couldn’t be happy for them.

He knew they had rushed into their marriage. He also knew that they hadn’t planned for this baby but it had never crossed his mind to get rid of their child or to give it away.

He’ll be the first to admit he had his doubts when he first found out. He had wondered what they were going to do but he knew no matter what he was blessed with a little life to take care of. Sure this might not be great timing but he knew he would never look at his child and say, “Yeah, I regret having you in my life.” He wasn’t that guy.

He wasn’t prepared for a baby but is anyone ever prepared? He didn’t know the first thing about raising a baby but he was going to try. He was going to be the best dad he could be and he knew Juliet was going to be the best mom she could be and they were going to do it together. It might get hard, it might be messy, hell there might even be days where he wants to rip his hair out but he knew the end result would be worth it.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Cassie said as she took a seat next to him and he smiled at her.

“Just thinking about how happy Juliet looks.” He replied as Cassie nodded.

“Are you happy though?” She asked as he nodded without hesitation.

“Yeah I am. I’m going to be a dad! How awesome is that?” He stated with a huge grin on his face as Cassie laughed.

“You look just like Jordan did when I told him I was pregnant.” She said as Justin turned to her with wide eyes.

“What? You’re pregnant too! Jules didn’t tell me!” He said as Cassie nodded then laughed.

She pointed to the stage where her siblings were at, “They don’t know yet. I’ll tell them soon.”

“Don’t you want to tell them now? That’s good news!” He said as Cassie shook her head.

“No. Let Juliet have her moment. You know…” she trailed as Justin looked over at her, “I’ve always been jealous of you and Jules. I thought she had it all where I was lacking but I know now that’s not the case. This baby coming along just reminded me of how selfish I was being. So…promise me you’ll always take care of my sister.” She said as she met his gaze and he smiled at her.

“I promise I’ll always take care of Juliet. I want you to promise me that you’ll stop being jealous of Juliet and I. Believe me we have problems too.” He said as Cassie leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“I promise. You know you’re my favorite brother-in-law, right?” She asked as he laughed.

“Cass I’m your only brother-in-law.” He said as she laughed along with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Justin Timberlake was spotted golfing in Burbank, CA yesterday. The singer has a concert scheduled there later this week along with his wife Juliet Timberlake. Juliet was seen sitting on the green as her husband took his shot. When he was done Timberlake was seen giving his wife lessons while she laughed. He was also seen rubbing her belly, sending out a rumor frenzy that Juliet is indeed pregnant! It has also been rumored that Justin is packing up his belongings and heading to Memphis, when him and Juliet will be settling down. Looks like the newlywed couple are wasting no time in starting their own family. If Juliet is indeed pregnant then we congratulate the couple.”

Cassie let out a sigh as she turned the channel and rested her head against Jordan’s shoulder. So far the news had been filled with news of Justin’s pending move as well as the rumor that Juliet might be pregnant with the Baby Timberlake. She was almost sick to her stomach with the way the media was acting like their baby was the second coming of Christ.

She had already announced her pregnancy to her family and the media as well. While her family was elated by the news the only thing the media did was mention it in a clip of The Insider on CMT. Even then they had asked her if Juliet was pregnant which she dodged coyly but internally she was fuming.

To her it wasn’t fair! She was just as well known as Juliet and she knew they were only making a big deal because the baby would be Justin Timberlake’s child but it still pissed her off! She deserved to be gushed over and have her picture taken by mags who followed every growth of her baby bump. She wanted the attention and Juliet didn’t.

She let out another sigh as Jordan kissed her temple and ran his hand over her belly affectionately. She knew she shouldn’t need anyone’s affection or attention but Jordan’s but she just wasn’t happy. Maybe things would be different if she was just a solo artist? She just couldn’t leave Josh or Chris though. She knew if she split from Texas Roots, Chris would follow wherever Juliet went. He was her twin and they had that strong bond. It might even cause a tear in their family but she was seriously contemplating leaving the group to pursue her own solo career. Maybe then she would have everything she wanted and wouldn’t be living in Juliet’s shadow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey brother?” Chris asked as he looked over at Josh.

Josh turned and looked at him, “Yeah brother?”

“Do you think something’s up between Cassie and Juliet?” He asked as Josh shrugged his shoulders.

They were sitting outside of Cassie’s home in her backyard, smoking their cigarettes.

Josh could feel the tension so it was no surprise Chris picked up on it too. Juliet hadn’t approached him about it but he knew by watching her that she felt the tension too. He wanted to get to the bottom of it before it tore them apart. They weren’t just some band that played together, they were family and them breaking up could have some serious ramifications.

“I think something’s up with Cass but I don’t know what it is. She seems to have some resentment towards Jules, ever since her and Justin got married.” He confessed as he took a puff and breathed deep.

Chris nodded his head before speaking up, “Yeah. Jules asked me if Cassie was mad at her. She’s worried, you know? She doesn’t really get to spend time with us like she used too. She’s married now and they have so much to deal with. I think Cassie forgets that sometimes.”

“I really think it’s more than Juliet just hanging out with us. Sometimes I think…well…I think Cassie’s jealous of Juliet.” Josh said as he looked out at the backyard.

“Because of Justin?” Chris asked.

“Because of everything that comes along with Justin. You and I both know Cassie likes the fame. She always has. Now all the focus is on Jules and just like when we were little…I don’t think Cass can deal with it.” Josh said with a heavy sigh and a shake of his head.

“I think we should all sit down as a band and talk this out. We’re fixing to fly to Burbank and meet up with Jules and J to kick off our tour. We can’t be touring with this hanging over our heads.” Chris said as he angrily stomped out his cigarette butt.

“Calm down CT. I know Jules is your twin but we can’t take sides in this. We just need to be there for them as they work out whatever is causing this tension between them.” Josh said as Chris let out a deep groan before heading inside the house to pack up for their flight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay…pack this table and the side tables in the living room.” Justin ordered to the movers as Juliet stood back and watched.

She bit her lip to hide her smile, happy that he was making this sacrifice for her and their marriage. Not to mention that he looked hot, ordering people around and being all flustered. She took one look at the movers though and instantly felt bad. He was pushing them too hard and trying to micro-manage everything.

“Justin.” She called out, rolling her eyes when he dismissed her with a wave of his hand.

She waited a few moments, testing to see if he would acknowledge her or not.

“Justin.” She called out again as he got onto the movers for taking down the wrong painting.

“Babe. I’m kind of busy here.” He explained as he walked past her, following the movers outside.

She should have just stayed in Burbank if he was going to ignore her while he packed up his stuff in LA. She let out a sigh before making her way through the living room and out to the backyard. She petted Buckley and Brennan before taking a seat in one of his patio chairs. She loved his California home and she was glad he was still going to keep it but she was excited about living with him in Tennessee. She was practically bouncing in her chair as she through about decorating the nursery for their baby together. The more time that went on the more excited she got about becoming a mother.

Sometimes though she got sad when she thought about Lynn’s reaction. She knew it made Justin sad too. He wouldn’t admit it, always saying, “it’s her loss,” or “she’s gonna miss out on her grandchild,” but she knew deep down it bothered him. She knew it was hard for him when she talked to her parents and they gushed on and on about their grandchild. She had heard him crying over the phone while talking to Paul and it had broke her heart. He was trying to be so strong for her.

“Hey pretty girl. What are you doing out here?” Rachel asked as she took a seat next to Juliet.

“Trying to get away from micro-managing Justin! He’s crazy with power!” She said before her and Rachel started laughing.

“Yeah. He gets like that. So…is everything okay?” Rachel asked as Juliet looked at her curiously, “Not with you and J! Josh was just mentioning Cassie…”

“Oh,” Juliet said before looking back at the house for any sign of Justin, “I don’t know. J said that she said something abut being jealous of me. Every time we’re around each other there’s this tension and I don’t know what I did o cause it.”

“It’s not you. It’s Justin,” Rachel said as Juliet cocked an eyebrow at her, “Well, not Justin just…the things that come along with Justin. He’s famous and so are you. You’ve always been in the spotlight more than Cassie but you’re Justin Timberlake’s wife now so you’re out there more. Some people can’t handle that. Your own family gets jealous of you because of what Justin provides for those he loves. It was bound to happen sooner or later.” Rachel explained and all Juliet could do was nod.

It mde sense to her but shouldn’t her own sister want the best for her? Shouldn’t she just be happy that she had found someone that she really loved and who loved her in return? When Cassie had told her that her and Jordan were getting married she had thought they were too young. Then she had realized that Jordan made her sister happy. He provided for her sister, and more importantly he loved her sister. Even through all the questions of “Juliet, when are you going to get married now that Cassie has?” or the wonderings of “I never thought Cassie would get married before you!” at their wedding she had been happy for her.

“Babe. Did you want to take the dresser set in the bedroom or the one in the guest bedroom?” Justin asked as he walked out to the backyard, interrupting her thoughts.

“Um…in the bedroom.” She responded as she shared a look with Rachel.

They were done talking about this right now but she knew it wasn’t the end of their discussion. She needed Rachel’s advice to get through this.

“Okay. Let me go tell the movers.” He said as he turned on his heel and Rachel let out a groan and Juliet laughed.

“Honey! Leave the poor movers alone. I gave them a checklist and went over everything with them this morning.” Juliet said as Rachel nodded.

“We ever included pictures of the items on the checklist J! Give it a rest already!” Rachel supplied as Juliet giggled.

“Then why were they packing up the wrong paintings?” He asked, his blue eyes challenging them.

Juliet rose from her seat and made her way over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist before placing a soft kiss against his T-shirt clad chest.

“Because honey. You changed your mind five times in the span of five minutes.” She explained as his large hands made their way into the back pockets of her jeans, pulling her tighter against him.

“Damn I love you.” He growled against her ear before kissing her lips softly.

“I love you too. Now take me out to eat instead of bothering the movers!” She demanded before kissing him again.

“Yes Ma’am. Come on Rach, Baby Timberlake needs to eat!” He said as Juliet giggled and Rachel rolled her eyes.

“Ya’ll need to come up with some names! I’m getting’ tired of calling the baby Baby Timberlake!” She said as Justin grabbed Juliet’s hand and led her through the house, “And let Juliet walk on her own! You’re so damn protective!”

“Shut the hell up! I’m protective over my wife and my baby! And sometimes even over your stupid ass!” He remarked as Juliet just laughed at the two cousins.

They were crazy when they got to arguing with each other but she still loved them. They were still family and she was happy that she was a part of their family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“For weeks rumors have been flying that Juliet Timberlake was pregnant and those rumors have been confirmed. Justin Timberlake posted a new video feed on start-up company Robo.to. In the video Justin is clearly seen rubbing on Juliet’s baby bump while his status reads “It’s a boy!” This status was relayed through his twitter account and YouTube. The video has also been added to Justin’s website, Justintimberlake.com. All we can say is that the couple both look to be positively glowing in the video and we couldn’t be more happy for them! Congratulations to the Timberlakes and their bun in the oven!”

Cassie let out a frustrated growl as she turned off the television and threw the remote on the hotel bed behind her. She announces her pregnancy and she gets a two minute clip on CMT. Juliet doesn’t even have to announce a pregnancy just post a stupid two second clip and it’s announced around the world that Baby Timberlake is on the way!

She let out a frustrated sigh as she sat down on the hotel bed, grateful that she no longer had to share a room with Juliet and was allowed to have her temper tantrum. She rubbed her belly and tried to calm herself down, wishing Jordan was there and she wasn’t dealing with this alone. Maybe if she had her own career away from the band she’d be a whole lot better. She wouldn’t be constantly living in Juliet’s shadow. The media would talk about her and follow her.

She took a deep breath as she heard a knock on her door to calm herself down before she stood up and answered the door. She almost wanted to roll her eyes but she didn’t as she took in the sight of her siblings.

“Can we talk to you?” Josh asked as she moved aside and let them in, closing the door behind them.

“Sure. Make yourselves comfortable.” She said as they sat on the small couch in her hotel room.

She watched Juliet carefully as Juliet twiddled her fingers before meeting Cassie’s gaze.

“Did I do something wrong Cass?” Juliet asked as Cassie continued to stare at her.

“What’s going on? This feels like an intervention.” Cassie stated with a nervous laugh.

“Answer me Cassandra Sarah. Did I do something to make you hate me so?” Juliet asked as Cassie swallowed before looking at Chris and Josh who were just staring at her.

“I don’t hate you Jules.” She said as she let out a nervous scoff as if the idea sounded preposterous to her.

“Then why do I feel like you do? I keep hearing how you’re jealous of me and I just don’t understand it. We’re a band, we’re family…I just don’t understand.” Juliet said as she looked at Cassie, desperately trying to understand where all her animosity was coming from.

“But we’re not a band Jules! Don’t you get it? Sure when we’re on stage we’re a band but in interviews it’s all about Juliet Timberlake! First it was “Are you and Justin dating?” then it was “Are you and Justin married?” then “Are you pregnant with Justin’s child?” and now it’s “Juliet Timberlake is pregnant with Baby Timberlake!” I’m fucking tired of it!” She stated as Juliet looked at her.

“Do you think I planned that? Do you think I like that? Because I don’t! But I love Justin and if that’s the price I have to pay to be with him then I’ll gladly pay it! You’re such a selfish little brat right now!” Juliet said as Cassie rolled her eyes at her older sister.

“This coming from the girl who’s married to the man with the Golden name and the Golden wallet. You really hit the jackpot marrying him! What do you think all your fans would say if they knew how ya’ll really got married?” Cassie said as she crossed her arms and glared at her sister.

“How dare you insinuate that I married Justin for his money and his name! Don’t get me confused with something you would do for a little bit of fame! Let’s just face it, all those times I’ve been in magazines and red carpets wit Justin you wished it was you! Hell you probably wished you weren’t married to Jordan so that you could marry Justin yourself! Don’t confuse the love I have for my husband with the need for the fame that comes from being his wife!” Juliet said as she stood up and stared down her sister.

“Stop it! This is ridiculous! Cassie. We’re a band but we’re also family. You know that Juliet can’t help who Justin is, you know that.” Chris said as Cassie rolled her eyes again.

“We’re not a band! We’re Juliet Timberlake’s back up singers! Of course you’re sticking up for her! She’s your favorite sister! She’s always the damn favorite!” Cassie shouted as there was a knock on her hotel room door.

She stormed over to the door and swung it open, letting it slam against the hotel wall, “What the fuck do you want?” she asked as Justin looked at her with a glare.

“Chill with the attitude Cass. I just came for my wife.” Justin said as Cassie stepped aside and let him into the hotel room.

Juliet rose from the couch and made her way over to Justin. She didn’t want him to be there while they were discussing their issues. More importantly she didn’t want Cassie accusing him of things that weren’t his fault. She knew Justin would act like it didn’t bother him but she knew he would keep it inside until he eventually exploded.

“Honey, we’re not done here. Can you give me some more time before we go out to eat?” She asked as she placed her hand on his chest and caressed his cheek with her other one.

“Yeah sure. Take all the time you need. Just text me when you’re done baby.” Justin said as he leaned down and kissed her lips softly before rubbing her belly and pulling away.

“Justin should stay. After all he’s part of the problem.” Cassie said as Justin looked at Juliet with a curious stare.

Juliet sighed as she looked back at him, “He’s not part of the problem! The problem is your jealousy and Justin doesn’t need to be here and be a witness to that!”

“I’ll stay,” Justin said as Juliet shook her head ‘no’, silently begging him to leave, “If this affects the band then I should stay. Ya’ll are on my label,” he explained as he pulled Juliet to his side and kissed her temple.

“Cass, just stop already. You know Juliet can’t change anything. The media is going to continue to ask questions about her and Justin…that’s just the way it is. The important thing that you seem to be forgetting is that first and foremost we’re family. She’s your sister. You should be happy that she found someone she loves. You should be gushing over baby names and nursery themes and how your children will grow up to be best friends as well as cousins. You shouldn’t be arguing about which baby is getting more airtime in the media!” Josh said as Justin took a seat on the bed and pulled Juliet down to sit on his lap.

“It isn’t fair though! I’m tired of being in Juliet’s shadow! I’m tired of being in this group! I want a solo career! I can’t do this anymore!” Cassie shouted as Juliet gasped.

She never thought Cassie would want out. She never thought their band would be breaking up.

“I’ll finish this tour but I want out!” Cassie said as Chris, Josh and Juliet all looked at each other in shock, not sure what to think.

“Cassie, maybe you should sleep on your decision and then get with me in the morning to discuss your contract with Tennman Records.” Justin said as calmly as possible.

“J! She can’t leave!” Juliet said as she stood up and rushed over to Cassie, “Tell me what to do Sis! Tell me! We can change things! We can make it work!”

“Let her go Jules…if she wants out then we’ll let her out. I can guarantee you that Texas Roots will go on without you Cassie.” Chris said as him and Josh escorted Juliet out of the hotel room.

“You know what’s funny Cass?” Justin asked as he rose from his seat and headed to the door.

“What?” She snapped as he shook his head.

“The person that you’re so intent on hating right now, is the only person that begged you to stay in the band. Maybe you should think about your sister and your family instead of the fame.” Justin responded before leaving the hotel room.

She knew they wouldn’t understand but she would make them see what she was capable of and what she deserved.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story