Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been nominated at NFAwards!! So go read Nightswimming if you haven't and vote for me!!! Enjoy the update!

Juliet let out a sigh as her and Justin rode the elevator up to their room in silence. Their lunch together had been pretty uneventful, each one wondering what the other was thinking. Justin obviously didn’t want to say anything that might upset her further while she just didn’t know what to say. She knew the band would be just fine without Cassie but she didn’t know how this was going to affect their family.

“How did you do it J? You know, when you decided to go solo.” She finally asked as he turned to her.

“I don’t know,” he answered with a shrug before really answering, “It started off as just me messing around in the studio and the guys were talking about taking this long break and I just…couldn’t. After my solo success the label didn’t want to push for a group album so we disbanded. That’s not going to happen to Texas Roots though,” he stated as Juliet nodded her head.

“But it could though. I mean it’s always a possibility.” She whispered as he shook his head.

“Honey. It won’t happen like that. Cassie’s great but she doesn’t have it in her to be a solo artist. You, Josh and Chris will be just great together. You’ll see. I have faith in you.” He stated as he kissed her temple.

“Can’t you make her stay? What about her contract? There has to be a way to fix this.” Juliet said with determination in her eyes.

His heart went out to her. She wanted so badly for everything to work out but he of all people knew it just wasn’t going to happen. Cassie was itching to get out and be her own person just like he head. How had he not seen it before?

He didn’t want to admit it to Juliet but this could very well be the end of Cassie being apart of Texas Roots. He could help his sister-in-law out by offering her a record deal to stay within her contract but he wasn’t sure if his wife would want that. If he did that there were two ways Cassie could go. She could release her own album and become a huge solo artist like he did or she could release her own album and never be heard from again. While he wasn’t happy with the way she went about things, he really didn’t want her to fail either.

“I can’t make her stay honey. Your contracts are to be renewed at the end of your upcoming tour. Ya’ll can renew it without Cassie if you want.” He suggested as she let out a sigh before rubbing her baby bump.

“I don’t know. How could I have not known my Lil’ Sis was feeling this way? Why didn’t she just talk to me? I feel…I feel like I let her down.” Juliet said as Justin took her into his arms and held her tight.

“Maybe I can talk to her tomorrow? I don’t know, tell her what I thought being a solo artist meant and what it really turned out to be.” He suggested as Juliet hugged him tighter.

“Would you do that for me baby? I gotta feel like I at least tried something.” Juliet confessed as Justin kissed the top of her head.

He was going to try and talk some sense into Cassie because Juliet was asking him too. While he didn’t want Cassie to fail he also didn’t know if her being in the band was such a good idea anymore. What if she just felt like walking out while they were on tour? What would they do then? As much as he hated the thought of it he was going to have to call his mom and inform her of this new development.

“You’re going to have to call your mom, ain’t cha?” She asked as he let out a sigh and rubbed her belly.

“Yeah. Not that I want too but she needs to know. This is supposed to be a happy time for us and I feel like it’s nothing but drama.” He confessed as he continued to rub her baby bump and she let out a sigh.

“I’m happy for us,” She said as he laughed before kissing her forehead softly.

“I’m happy too. We should post another robo.to video announcing his name…you know just because we can.” He said as she giggled.

“Why don’t we keep that our little secret just to drive Rachel crazy.” She suggested as they finally got to their floor and exited the elevator.

He wrapped his arms behind and nuzzled the spot behind her ear with his nose, “I love the way you think baby.”

“Honey, I’m tired. I’m going to take a nap.” She said as they entered their hotel suite and she headed to the bedroom.

He followed her as she climbed onto the bed, not bothering to remove the covers, “I think I’ll join you,” he whispered as he climbed onto the bed next to her and pulled her up against his side, rubbing her belly again as she let out a sigh and closed her eyes, “I hope he looks like you baby girl.”

“No honey. He’s going to look like his daddy. Ain’t that right Max?” She said as her hand joined his on her belly, giggling as Justin shook his head at her.

“No, Max is going to be just as beautiful as his mommy. We both know you’re the looks in this family.” He stated as she laughed.

“I keep saying that you brought sexy back and that’s why Max is going to look like you. Plus he has to have your blue eyes. He’s going to have your blue eyes.” She stated matter-of-factly as Justin kissed her cheek.

“If that’s what you want baby then that’s what you’ll get. I love my baby girl.” He said before softly kissing her lips before they drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The next morning*

“Cassie, are you sure this is what you want to do?” Justin asked as Cassie nodded her head.

“I talked it over with Jordan and we both agreed this will be the only way I’ll be happy. I can’t keep living in Juliet’s shadow.” She explained as Justin let out a disappointed sigh.

“And you really thought about this?” He asked as she nodded.

“You did it too J! I understand you’re trying to look out for your wife but I need to do this.” She explained as he nodded.

“Okay. I talked to Texas Roots and they’re going to take a break after the tour for the new album. Your contract is up at that time. You can either shop around at other labels but Texas Roots would like for you to stay at Tennman Records in case you change your mind.” Justin explained as Cassie looked at him.

They were in his hotel suite discussing her future with or without Texas Roots. She wanted what he had. No double bedrooms for him, no it was penthouse suites or the best room in the hotel. She looked around at the lavish suite, jealousy surging through her when she realized that her sister got to share that with him. Her sister was up in here in this lavish suite while she was stuck in a crappy hotel room downstairs.

“Do you want me to stay with Tennman Records?” She asked as he shook his head before meeting her gaze.

“You’re fucking over my wife! So…I could care less if you stay but Juliet is begging me to keep you. If you stay I’ll do my best to make sure your solo album is good but I’m just saying right now that I think what you’re doing is pretty shitty!” He confessed as Cassie just sat there and nodded.

“At least you’re being honest with me. I’ll stay with Tennman Records because I believe you’re a damn good producer not because Juliet “begged” you to offer me a contract.” She stated as he glared at her.

“As far as the media is concerned you are not to announce any solo projects until the album tour is finished. Also when it is announced it will be announced as the band taking a much needed break and working on their own projects. Then we will announce your solo album as a “side-project” absolutely not confirming that the band has broken up. Are we clear?” He asked as Cassie bit her lip and nodded.

She was a little intimidated by him for the first time in her career. She understood that he was acting the way he was because he was being protective over Juliet though.

“J? Honey, why aren’t you in bed?” Juliet asked as she walked into the living room portion of the suite, “Oh, hi Cass. I’ll just go back to the bedroom.”

“Nah, you’re good baby. Cassie and I were just finishing up. Come ‘ere little girl.” Justin said as he cocked his head to the side and flashed Juliet a smirk.

She watched with mild interest as her sister giggled before making her way over to Justin. He raised up her grey Texas Longhorns t-shirt to kiss her baby bump softly as Juliet ran her fingers through his hair. He rubbed his scruff covered cheek against her smooth belly and Juliet let out a giggle, fully content to let him caress her baby bump.

“How’s my boy? Is Mommy keeping you fed? I’m so excited for you to get here Max. Daddy loves you.” He said as Juliet caressed his scalp and smiled brightly.

Maybe she was over-reacting. She had accused Juliet of some very mean things and seeing her and Justin together just proved to her that Juliet really did love Justin.

“Honey. I’m tired. Come back to bed.” She heard Juliet whisper as Justin continued to caress and kiss her baby bump.

“That’s all you want to do lately is sleep. You do know it’s like ten in the morning hun?” He said with a chuckle as she blushed.

“I know but I’m tired and I can’t sleep without you.” She confessed before kissing his forehead lightly.

“I’m going to stay with the band.” Cassie blurted out as Juliet and Justin turned to her with wide eyes.

“Really Lil’ Sis?” Juliet asked as Cassie nodded her head.

“I don’t know just watching ya’ll really just knocked me back into place. I think I just need a break once this tour is over. I never should have accused you of things that I know are not true Jules. You obviously love Justin very much and I never should have accused you of using him for his name and money. I’m so sorry Sister, can you ever forgive me?” Cassie asked as Juliet stepped out of Justin’s embrace and walked over to her sister.

She wrapped her arms around Cassie in a tight hug, “Of course I forgive you. You’re my sister and I love you no matter what,” she stated as Cassie laughed.

“I don’t know why. I was being a complete bitch.” Cassie confessed as she blushed.

“You’re pregnant…it’s okay.” Juliet reasoned as they both laughed.

“So…” Cassie said as she patted Juliet’s baby bump, “His name is Max?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Justin? You called me hun?” Lynn asked into the phone.

He hadn’t called her in a couple of months so she was surprised that he was calling her now. She knew it was probably something to do with business since he refused to talk to her about anything else. She hadn’t meant to make him or Juliet so upset. She was just thinking about their careers. Although she loved having Juliet as her daughter-in-law she knew they had problems in their marriage.

She, of all people, knew how much her son had been burned in the past and she didn’t want that to happen again. Besides she didn’t know if Juliet was truly ready to deal with Justin’s emotional baggage. When they were just married she knew they’d be able to work out their problems but with a baby on the way she was worried that they wouldn’t work on their problems. She was afraid the baby would distract them and cause their problems to break them apart. She hadn’t meant to be cruel or hurt them she had merely stated what she thought would be best for them at the time.

“Yeah I did. Cassie wanted to leave the band but she changed her mind after talking to Jules and I.” He explained with a bored tone.

She hated this distance between them. He used to call her every day even if it was just to tell her hi. She missed hearing his voice but she knew he didn’t want to talk to her at all.

She let out a sigh after hearing his news, “Well I’m glad she decided to stay…so…how’s Juliet?”

“Do you really even care?” He snapped.

“Of course I care! I love Juliet! I want to make sure her pregnancy is going along okay.” She said as she heard him scoff over the phone.

“Now you care about her pregnancy? You didn’t care when you asked us to get rid of Max! You didn’t care when you said we should get rid of our son!” He said and she could hear the pain in his voice, “Why would you even ask that Mom?”

“I was just trying to look out for ya’lls careers. A baby changes everything and I mean everything Justin. We both know you have trust issues. Juliet is pretty understanding but I just don’t know how understanding she’ll be with a baby in the mix. Plus your touring schedules and Juliet’s album dropping…now was just a really bad time Justin.” Lynn said as she tried to explain herself.

“I get that mom but I’m 28 fucking years old. Did you not think that Juliet and I would be mature enough to sit down and discuss this already? Because we did! We had a good long talk about how you tried to force her and Jake together for real and not just for publicity! What do you have against me that you don’t want me to be happy?” He shouted causing her to wince.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt again. What if she just decides she wants out? What if she falls out of love with you? What if she doesn’t want to be hounded by the Timberlake fame anymore?” Lynn asked as Justin let out a deep sigh.

“Then she does. I have to take that risk because I need her. I need her by my side, with my son, with my last name more than any grown man should need someone. Besides in the end I know that whatever comes up we’re going to work through it together.” Justin explained as Lynn started to cry.

She never thought her son would fall in love the way he had with Juliet. Through all his 28 years she had prayed that he would find someone that he would love completely and put before himself. For the first time in her life she could honestly say that he had found that in Juliet.

“I’m so sorry baby. I didn’t know she meant that much to you. I’m so sorry. So so sorry.” She continued to apologize over and over.

“Mama,” Justin whispered as he listened to her cry, “Please don’t cry Mama. I forgive you. Trust me when I tell you Juliet and I will continue to work on our relationship and our issues as well as taking care of our son. He’s going to have the best life that we can provide for him.” Justin said as Lynn sniffled.

“I know you will. Please tell Juliet that I’m sorry too and that I am happy for ya’ll.” Lynn said as Justin nodded.

“Sure Mama. I’ve got to let you go. I’ll call you tomorrow.” He said.

“Okay honey. Take care of my grandson. I love you.”

“Love you too Mama.” He replied before hanging up.

He let out a heavy sigh as he rested his head against the seat in the empty arena. His band were working out a couple of kinks before he started his sound check so he had decided to call his mom. He was glad they were able to talk things out but he did know that his mom was going to have to apologize to Juliet too.

He knew that Juliet deserved an apology from his mother and given the way she had forgiven Cassie he was sure her and his mom would be on good terms very soon.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story