About midnight, he tells her
I ain't got no come-on lines
Well I love you, or I'll try to
We got nothing to lose but time

Stick your hand into my back pocket
Light me up like a bottle rocket
I just wanna free fall for a while

That rebel moon is shinin'
Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasin' down that crazy spark
I'll follow you where you're leadin'
To the first sweet taste of freedom
You got me runnin' baby
Wild at heart

Her fingers moved over frets and strings as a bottle of SmartWater perched precariously on the edge of a black piano, blank music sheets scattered mindlessly around the small studio room. A small frequently used pencil tucked behind her ear, her long brown hair already pulled back into a messy ponytail from hours of trying to write the perfect song. Soft plucks of guitar chords filled the room, hitting her ears, trying to sound pleasing so she would write them down on that precious sheet of music.

"You got me runnin' baby...Wild at heart." She sang into the empty room before stopping the guitar's sound with her hand.

She pulled the pencil from it's hidden spot, writing the lyrics down with a small satisfied smile. She tapped the pencil against her lips in soft concentration as she ran over the song in her head. The quietness of the studio helped her creativity. She was alone while her bandmates were at the home they all shared while recording but she really didn't want them bothering her anyways. She was always selfish with her songs, not sharing them with anyone until she felt they were recordable. Her bandmates knew this and they all had worked out a routine that worked well for all members of the band.

She was deep in concentration as she played the chords of the song only, trying to come up with more lyrics. Her small recorder right beside her, running just in case she sang faster than she could write. She didn't hear the click of the door as it opened. She didn't hear him step into the studio as she closed her eyes and started to sing.

"Well I love you, or I'll try to
We got nothing to lose but time

Stick your hand in my back pocket
Light me up like a bottle rocket
I just wanna free fall for a while"

She finished singing, grabbing her pencil and frantically writing down the lyrics before they left her head.

He watched her silently, smiling to himself as her tongue poked out as she continued to write. His blue eyes took in her tight William Rast jeans and small white tank top, drinking in her figure appreciatively. She was a beautiful woman and had caught his eye from the very first time he saw her. He was her boss though and she was already in a healthy relationship. He let out a sigh before shaking his head of his thoughts. He stayed quiet as she finished her strumming and singing. He clapped his hands, laughing slightly as she jumped at his presence.

"Jesus Justin! You scared me! Were you tryin' to give me a heart attack?" She asked as her hand covered her heart and she glared at him.

"I'm sorry Jules. That song, well what I heard, was really good. Like album material good." He said as he flashed her a smile and joined her on the piano bench, facing the piano and trying not to bump into her guitar.

"Thanks." She replied with a small blush on her cheeks.

"Are you blushing Jules?" He asked with a small laugh as she threw her pencil at him causing him to duck out of the way.

"Shut up Randy!" She said in her thick Texas drawl, calling him a name she only called him when he was annoying her, "You know how I am when I write! So, leave me alone!"

He continued to laugh as he placed his fingers on top of the ivory keys of the piano and started to randomly play various music notes.

"So..." He said as his fingers continued to play a random melody.

"So?" Juliet asked as she began to strum along with his melody.

"I just came from the Rangel house." He said as their music mixed and he had to smile.

"Good for you. Just what are my siblings up too?" Juliet asked him with a smirk as he stuck his tongue out at her.

"Besides giving me shit about my ex-wife?....Nothing much. I just wanted to talk to you about something I brought up to your bandmates....So, you know how Esmee and I are doing a tour together?" Justin asked as they continued to play together.

"Uh huh. This summer right?" Juliet asked as she stopped playing to fully pay attention to him.

"Right. It's only 3 or 4 months but fans have been asking if ya'll are going to be on tour with us too. So that got me thinking that it would be great if Texas Roots came along. We could really put Tennman Records out there." He explained as he finally stopped playing and looked at her, waiting for her answer, just trying to read her expression.

"We're recording an album though. I mean I would love to go on tour but we're recording an album." She reiterated as he chuckled at her.

"So you told me. Think about it...you could try out your new material on the fans and I will make sure ya'll would be able to record. Come on Jules...it'll be fun...just for the summer." He pleaded with her as she stared at him harder.

"What did Chris, Josh, and Cassie say?" She asked him as she bit on her lip.

"They said as long as you said yes, ya'll would do it. So...yes or no Jules?" He asked her as he threw her a wink.

"So...you thought of everything Timberlake. If they said yes and it's what the fans want then I'll do it. I mean, if I must." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"If you must." He repeated with a chuckle before standing up, "I should go. I'm meeting Jessica for dinner." He said as Juliet made a face.

"If you must! Good luck with that," She told him with a smirk as she went back to working on her song.

"That rebel moon is shinin'
Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasin' down that crazy spark
I'll follow you where you're leadin'
To the first sweet taste of freedom"

She sang as he laughed at her.

"Have fun working. See ya baby girl." He told her with a wink as she just smiled and shook her head at him.

"You got me runnin' baby
Wild at heart."

She sang at him before he left the studio room, chuckling on his way out.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

She tossed her keys on the table in the hallway, finally pulling the rubberband out of her hair, shaking her curls loose as she gripped the handle on her guitar case tighter. She knew they would agree to the tour but she was scared, scared of spending 3 or 4 months with Justin. Hell she spent one whole day with him and ended up marrying him!

She could hear singing in the kitchen and it brought a smile to her face as she rushed to the kitchen. She leaned against the doorway as she watched her brothers and sister singing as they cooked dinner. The sweet smell of down home cookin' filling her nostrils as she placed her guitar at her feet before walking into the kitchen.

"What's going on peeps?" She asked as she took a seat on one of the barstools and grabbed an apple.

"Oh nothing! Just cookin'. Did J stop by the studio to talk to you about the summer tour?" Joshua asked her as he chopped up lettuce for a salad.

"Yeah he did." She stated simply as she rubbed her apple on her tank top before taking a bite.

"So...did your husband talk you into doing the tour?" Cassie asked her older sister with a smirk.

"Cassandra Sarah." Juliet said as her brothers laughed.

"Oh I'm sorry...ex-husband. So, what did you decide?" Cassandra asked as she looked at her sister expectantly.

"Ya'll wanted to do it, right? So I agreed. I'm with whatever we as a band decide. Plus he said we would be able to record on the road. So...I'm good." She replied as she chewed on her apple.

"God Jules! Don't talk with your mouth full!" Christopher told her as she flipped him off and took another bite.

"So, have you talked to Billy about your new tour?" Cassie asked with a mischievous smile.

"No. I just found out about it myself. I'm sure he'll understand. He's busy doing his own thing." Juliet told them with a wave of her hand.

"If my girlfriend was going on a tour with Mr. Sexyback himself, I'd want to know." Joshua said as his siblings laughed and Juliet shot him a glare.

"First of all, you would have to find someone that would actually want to be your girlfriend. Second of all, J and I were drunk that night and other than taking his last name..nothing happened! I think Billy will be fine." Juliet told them nonchalantly as they all just stared at her, "What! He will be. Ya'll will see," she said as she got up from her barstool, grabbing her guitar case and making her way to her room.

"Watch her end up marrying Justin again." Cassie said as Chris and Josh laughed.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Pick up Billy....pick up.....Oh hey Billy. So um...I have some...exciting news. Justin wants us to go on tour with him and Esmee!" Juliet said into her cell phone as she waited for her boyfriend's reaction.

"For how long? I mean...I'm touring too and I was planning on you being able to visit a lot!...Why are ya'll going on tour with Justin Timberlake? Ya'll are a country group not a pop group!" Billy said angrily into his cell phone.

"I know but it's a whole Tennman Records thing. You know..." she sighed into the phone before whispering, "You know this isn't about Justin."

"Like hell it isn't! You're going on tour with your ex-husband!" Billy shouted and she winced as his harsh tone hit her ears.

"He was my husband for like a month. Hardly enough time for there to be anything. Besides you know we were both drunk! And no one knows we were ever married anyways." She tried to reason with him.

She sat down on her bed, hating herself and hating alcohol just a little bit more. She let out a deep sigh as Billy continued to throw a fit on the other end of the line. She understood where he was coming from, she was going on tour with her ex-husband. However her and Justin had been so drunk that night in Texas. They were still on a high from performing at Billy Bob's and now she was teased about everyday from her siblings.

Her and Justin were quickly separated and both sent into hiding until the marriage was annulled and never spoke about it ever again. Every night though it haunted her memory because even though they both denied that anything happened that night...it did. All night long and even in the morning when they were both sober enough to know better.

"You never did answer how long the tour was." Billy's voice said, cutting through her hazy fog.

"About 3 to 4 months. Just a little summer tour. Nothing long and drawn out." She tried to explain, hoping that she was calming Billy's fears.

"3 or 4 months....tell your brothers to watch you a little bit better around that pansy ass singer." He huffed as he hung up, still pissed off.

"Love ya too babe." She said into the thin air of her room before falling back on her bed with a soft thud.

"I guess the boyfriend didn't take the tour news well, huh?" Chris said as he joined his sister on the bed.

"Not so well...He made a huge deal about Justin. You know how that goes." She explained as he chuckled.

"He knows you slept with Justin. He won't admit it but he knows. He can't help but worry. It already happened once, what if it happened again?" Chris asked as he looked over at his sister.

"He has Jessica and I have Billy. It won't happen again. We were drunk and it was a mistake." She reasoned even though she knew Chris didn't believe her.

"Right...so you were drunk in the morning too when you were screaming Justin's name?" Chris asked as she hit him and they started laughing, "You're my sister and I love you dearly. I just want you to be happy, whether it's with Billy or Justin."

"I know brother, I know......was I really that loud?" Juliet asked him before they started laughing again.
Chapter End Notes:
The song used in this chapter was still 'Wild at Heart' by Gloriana. Also feedback is my crack! So supply my habit!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story