"Justin Randall Timberlake! Get off our bus!" Cassie shouted as he threw a piece of popcorn and it landed in her hair.

"Ya'll need to stop! You would think ya'll got married instead of J and Jules!" Joshua said as Cassie and Chris laughed while Justin and Juliet shot him glares.

Juliet looked at Justin before turning away and strumming her guitar strings. They never talked about it but it was hard to avoid when her siblings brought it up constantly. She bit the inside of her lip as she started strumming a haunting melody.

"What's that?" Justin asked as he stared at Juliet.

"I don't know...just something I'm hearing in my head." She stated as she shrugged her shoulders at him.

"You wanna work on it?" He asked and she let out a sigh.

They had finally kicked off their summer tour and Justin insisted on staying on their bus. She really didn't mind but some songs were just hard to write when he was right there. She just kept strumming and he just kept staring at her, waiting for her answer.

"I've been sitting here, starin' at the clock on the wall
And I've been praying, praying she won't call
It's just another call from home
You'll get it and be gone and I'll be cryin'

And I'll be beggin' you baby, beg you not to leave
But I'll be left here waiting with my heart on my sleeve
Oh, for the next time we'll be here
Seems like a million years and I think I'm dyin'
What do I have to do to make you see she can't love you like me

Why don't you stay?
I'm down on my knees
I'm so tired of being lonely
Don't I give you what you need?
When she calls you to go
There is one thing you should know
We don't have to live this way, baby
Why don't you stay? Yeah"

She sang before she stopped playing, "That's all I've got so far."

"That was fucking great! I want to record it Jules!" Justin exclaimed as she blushed profusely.

His opinion meant more to her than she would ever admit.

"Nuh huh...she wrote it for our new album. If you want her to write for you, you're just gonna have to marry her again." Cassie said as Josh and Chris started laughing uncontrollably.

Juliet rolled her eyes as she got up from her seat with her guitar and made her way to the back of the bus. She was tired of her siblings bringing up her marriage to Justin every time they could. It wasn't the fact that it was a mistake because it wasn't...at least not to her. If it was up to her they would still be married. Would she ever say that out loud? Probably not. Sometimes she wondered what would have happened had their managers not freaked out and separated them. He had Jessica though and she couldn't let herself get lost in the "What if" thoughts.

She put her guitar back in it's case before turning on the TV, rolling her neck from side to side. Her siblings were just joking, she shouldn't let it affect her the way she was. To be honest if it was anyone of them she'd be heckling them just as bad if not more. She just regretted the way she let things end with Justin.

"Hey. You okay?" Justin asked softly as he walked into the back room and shut the door behind him.

"Yeah...yeah...it's just sometimes I wanna..." She stated as she made a choking motion with her hands and he chuckled.

"Hey...." He said as he crossed the room and cupped her neck, running his thumbs gently across her cheeks, "Me too but they're just joshing around with us," he said as he pressed their foreheads together, "You're good though, right?"

"Y-yeah....I mean....you're good, right?" She asked as her brown eyes met his blue ones.

Her hands made their way to the chain around his neck, pulling it out from it hiding under his shirt. Her fingers fingering the cheap piece of scrap metal they had used for his wedding band. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, amazed that he even kept it.

"You...y-you kept this?" She asked as she opened her eyes and looked deep into his.

"Y-yeah....you kept yours too." He said as his fingers played with the chain around her neck that held her wedding band.

"Y-yeah, I guess I did....." She whispered as he started to lean into her, "....So....Jessica?" she stated and he pulled back suddenly.

He stepped away from her, putting some safe distance between them, his hands rubbing the back of his neck as he looked down at the floor. He coughed roughly and shook his head as she watched him. She swallowed hard as his deep blue eyes slammed into her.

"What about her?" He asked as he roughly coughed again.

"How'd she take the tour news?"

"The tour news was fine. She'll come visit when she can but....explaining you....that's where she flipped her lid. I'll deal with it though." He explained with a nonchalant wave of his hand, "And Billy?"

She scoffed as she flopped down on the couch and he joined her.

"I thought he was going to bust a vein! He was mad about the tour but he was pissed off about you. Sometimes I just.....nevermind. I don't know what I'm sayin'." She tucked up her legs and rested her chin on the top of her knees.

"No....you just, what?" He asked as his hand rubbed up and down her back softly.

She turned her head, resting her cheek on her knees and faced him. He was looking at her, waiting patiently and expectantly for her reply.

"What if....what if I wasn't as drunk as I claimed that night?" She whispered and he tucked some fallen strands of hair behind her ear, scooting closer to her on the couch.

"What if I say.....what if I say neither was I?" He whispered as their curious gazes met each other's.

"What is happening back here? Ya'll know Boondock Saints is on TV, right? That movie fucking rocks!" Chris said as he walked into the room and squeezed himself between Juliet and Justin on the couch.

Justin didn't have to ask what the hell Chris thought he was doing. One look from Chris let him know he was just making sure they weren't getting too close. He wanted to continue this conversation with Juliet but with Chris there it would be impossible. He needed to find a way for them to be alone.

They had been violently ripped apart and separated, almost banished to two different parts of the country, when management had found out about the marriage. He knew that management was just doing it's job but they never asked him what he wanted. They had just assumed they were drunk and didn't mean to get married. It was his fault, and Juliet's too, for just letting them assume. Maybe he would still be married to her if he had just spoken up. Maybe.

He let out a sigh before getting up from the couch and making his way to the front of the bus. He slid into the booth at the table next to Cassie and across from Josh. He laid his head on Cassie's shoulder as she laughed at him.

"How's my favorite brother-in-law?" She asked as him and Josh chuckled at her.

"Still wishing I was your brother-in-law." Was muttered and he gasped in shock himself at the words he's been biting back for months.

"So why did ya'll get divorced then?" Josh asked in astonishment.

"Because for the first time in my life I put someone else ahead of me. Jules was dating Billy, how would that have looked? They would have drug her through the mud. I couldn't let that happen to my Jules....by the way....this conversation never happened." He stated as Juliet made her to the front and joined them.

He watched her slip into the booth beside Josh. Her long brown hair bouncing as she nudged her older brother's shoulder. She reached and grabbed a blackberry from Josh's plate, popping it into her mouth before throwing him a cheeky grin.

"Jules! Get your own fucking plate!" Josh exclaimed as she picked a blueberry from his plate.

"But it's oh so much better from your plate brother. So J....when are we ever going to get to this venue?" She asked as she plucked a strawberry from Josh's plate and tossed it into her mouth.

He watched her as she slowly closed her eyes and savored the sweet taste of the fruit. He tried coughing down his groan when her soft pink tongue snaked out to lick her lush lips.

"W-we...uh....w-we should be arriving at the hotel soon then off to the venue." He said after a few minutes of just watching her.

"Sweet. I'm going to go take a nap. Ya'll wake me when we get there." She said as she rose and made her way to the bunks in the back.

"Will do." Cassie said absentmindly before whispering to Justin, "You should really make sure you don't drool over my sister like that when your girlfriend is around."

"Shut the fuck up Cassie." He muttered while her and Josh started laughing at him.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to everyone that is reading this and reviewing. I'll respond to the reviews probably tonight!
The song used is Stay by Sugarland


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story