Justin got back from his meeting later that night to find me asleep on the couch and Brayden sitting on the floor watching tv.

“Hey bud, how’s your momma doing?” Justin asked sitting next to Brayden on the floor.

“I dunno, she’s been sleeping since we got home,” Brayden shrugged, “And I’m hungry.”

“Okay, how’s pizza sound?”Justin chuckled.

“Yes!”Brayden yelled as he jumped up.

“Shh, don’t wake mommy up, why don’t you run upstairs and play til the pizza gets here.”Justin whispered ushering Brayden towards the stairs.
After Justin ordered pizza he gently picked me up and carried me upstairs.

“Mmm, Jus what are you doing?” I mumbled as Justin layed me down.

“Shh, go back to sleep, I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable. Everything go okay at the Dr.’s?” Justin asked brushing a piece of hair out of my face.

“Uhm….well..yes…”I trailed off looking up at him.

“What it is baby? What’s wrong.”Justin asked getting serious.

“Well I’m going to be okay….but I might be sick for a little while…” I said looking down at my hands.

“What do you mean? Whats wrong? It’s nothing serious is it?”Justin asked panicked.

“I’m pregnant.”I mumbled still looking down.

“WHAT?!”Justin bellowed as he jumped up off the bed.

“I’m pregnant.”I said sheepishly looking up at him.

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?”Justin screamed pacing back and forth, “I THOUGHT WHEN WE STARTED ALL OF THIS AGAIN THAT YOU WENT ON BIRTH CONTROL.”

“I did, but we had sex a couple times before I could get into the Dr. I mean you had to of known that.”I said with tears streaming down my face.

“I was just trying to figure out how to spin you and Brayden and now you want to throw another baby at me?” Justin said in utter disbelief.

“NO! YOU ACT LIKE I DID THIS TO YOU. YOU WERE THERE THE WHOLE TIME. YOU COULD OF STOPPED IT, BUT YOU DIDN’T. I feel bad I do, but there’s nothing I can do about it and you yelling isn’t helping.”I sobbed.

“I can’t deal with this right now. I’m going home.”Justin said bitterly walking towards the door.

“Home? Justin you haven’t stayed there in months. This is your home now please come talk to me.” I pleaded getting up and following him to the door.

“I don’t want to talk and honestly right now I don’t even want to look at you so don’t follow me.”Justin barked as he walked out the door and slammed it behind him.

“Momma what’s wrong with daddy?” Brayden asked coming around the corner.

“Nothing baby, he just needs some time to think.”I said as I quickly wiped away my tears and picked him up hugging him as tight as I could.

“Why don’t you go play and I’ll get you something to eat.” I said setting him down.

“Daddy ordered pizza!”Brayden exclaimed jumping up and down.

“Oh, okay well it should be here soon and we’ll eat.” I said wondering into the bathroom.

I wiped off my face and stared at myself in the mirror as I tried to calm down. Yes, Justin had clearly voiced his opinions about how the press was going to handle Brayden and I, but I never once pressured him into telling them anything. Not to mention the fact that if he already had one kid, two shouldn’t make much of a difference. He looked at me with complete disgust and acted like I did this on purpose. Things were finally good between us, and I would never do anything to ruin that. He should know that right? I wasn’t sure what I even thought about the situation yet, so why should I expect him to just be okay with it over night. Maybe all he needed was some time.

I was broke by my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I wiped my face off and ran to answer it.

“Pizza?” J.C. questioned holding it up and smiling at me.

“Yeah, thanks.” I said taking it out of his hands and moving out of the way so he could come in.

“So how are you doing? Justin came storming thru the house and when I asked what was wrong he just flipped me off and slammed the door to his room.”J.C. said following me to the kitchen.

“Hold on, let me get Brayden some food and we can talk.”I said pulling some plates out of the cabinet.
After I got Brayden set up in the other room I sat down beside J.C. at the kitchen table and immediately burst into tears again.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”J.C. asked concerned as he picked up my hand.

“I’m pregnant.”I cried not being able to look up at him.

“So? That sounds like great news. What’s the problem?”J.C. asked bewildered.

“Justin doesn’t think so.”I sobbed falling into J.C.’s arms.

“Shh, he’s stupid, he’ll come around.”J.C. soothed as he began to rub my back.

I just shook my head “I don’t think so, not this time. He was so hurt and confused and acted as if I went behind his back and betrayed him.”

“Come on, he can’t be that mad about it.”J.C. said trying to comfort me.

“You didn’t see the look of absolute disgust and disappointment on his face when I told him.”I cried clinging to him tighter.

“That can’t be true, and if it is you’re better off without him anyways.”J.C. soothed.

“Will you stay with me? I don’t know if I can handle being alone tonight?” I asked finally looking up at J.C.

“I’m not really sure….”J.C. started before I cut him off.

“Please.”I pleaded.

“Okay, but things will be alright.”He sighed pulling me close to him again.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj