It is sunny and warm outside with a nice cool breeze blowing. This is why Olivia has agreed to have lunch with Justin. They chose a nice small cafe-style restaurant that is nearby his work, so they could enjoy the weather while they walk to lunch and sit outside and eat.  

"Its such a beautiful day." Olivia says as she looks around and sees several people walking around and enjoying the sun as they were.

"Yes, it is" Justin agrees. "I need to get back to work for a stupid meeting, but are we still on for some training tonight?" He asks and gets a nod from Olivia. "I was thinking maybe I could aim to get a new power out of you." He smirks.

"Aw, I see. You want to start firing at me again in hopes that you will catch me off-guard." She chuckles a little at the thought. "You can try, but I doubt that you will be able to."

"Well I've been trying to get a new one out of you for over a month now, and I'm sure I'll get one tonight." He is very confident and Olivia loves this. It makes it more fun for her and makes her almost want to give it to him.

"Well, I'll let you get back to work and that fun-filled meeting you got. I'll meet you at your house around...seven?"

"Sounds good. Bring Alyssa along. She can hang with the moochers that I can't get rid of." He laughs at the thought which makes Olivia laugh along with him.

They both walk back to Justin's workplace and from there Olivia chooses to walk home so she can enjoy the weather some more. The walk, for a normal person, would be extremely difficult even for a well-trained athlete, but lucky for her she is not a normal person and she could walk or run for days without feeling the effects.

***

That night Alyssa drives herself an Olivia to Justin's for a fun night. 

"Why do we always come here instead of him coming to hangout at our apartment?" Alyssa questions.

"His house is bigger, so everyone is more comfortable plus the basement is a great place for training away from everyone so Justin feels better and your apartment isn't messed up." Olivia answers as they make their way to the door.

"I meant why does Justin not come over, not everyone else. Why does he not come see you at our apartment?" She smiles when Olivia stops walking.

She turns to Alyssa with a confused look. "I'm not sure why he would do that unless we are training and like I just said, your apartment is not appropriate for that."

Alyssa just shakes her and sighs at her sister's answer. She can be so dense.

Olivia knocks on the door as she enters to announce their arrival. Justin insisted that she not wait for someone to answer the door since she is over so often. The group is once again gathered in the living room watching television. As soon as the new arrivals appear, Rachel jumps up.

"We're going to go night swimming because its more fun with the pool lights on, and then there's the hot tub thats always fun...well unless I'm required to share it with my cousin and then its just weird." Rachel adds as she grabs Alyssa's hand. "I have some hotties coming over to join us." She wiggles her eyebrows.

Alyssa smiles but then follows it with a frown. "I can't join you. I didn't bring a bathing suit with me."

"No excuse. I have many suits and you are just about my size. These boys will be worth it. Promise."

"You better behave, and I will be meeting these 'hotties' that are coming over to my house to be in my pool and hot tub and there will be absolutely no getting it on in either places." He looks at her pointedly.

"Yes, father." She rolls her eyes and continues to pull Alyssa at the door with Trace following, already in his trunks and a t-shirt that he will soon remove.

Cara stands up and looks at Justin and Olivia and lowers her head a bit as she slowly follows the rest of the group out to the pool. 

"We not going to join them?" Olivia asks with what Justin believes to be a pout.

"I was hoping to get the power info out of you. You'd prefer to swim?"

"Wouldn't you prefer to be out there when those boys show up?" Olivia ropes him in. 

"You know what? You're right. We could use some fun, and a little time in the hot tub would loosen up my muscles from previous lessons." Justin says. "I'm going to go put my trunks on. Why don't you go join Rachel and Alyssa in the guest house. I'm most certain she has a suit for you too."

Olivia does just that. Rachel squeals in excitement when she's asked for another suit.

***

The night is going well. Everyone is having fun and drinking it up. Justin started out in the pool but soon moved to join Olivia in the hot tub where she is sitting and relaxing as she watches the others make a fool out of themselves.

"Not much of a drinker?" Justin asks while being amused by his friends.

"Nope. I prefer to stay in my right mind, plus it takes a lot more alcohol than you have here to get me drunk. Demon blood is apparently runs a lot thicker than human blood, therefore harder to intoxicate." She informs him. "I'm sure you've got a much higher tolerance than they do, seeing as you are not all that drunk yourself, Mr. Timberlake." 

"You do have a point. I am actually choosing not too. I'm getting a bad vibe off these guy that Rachel invited over. I want to stay in my 'right mind' in case I need to step in." Justin keeps his eyes on the girls in the pool. Each with a boy they do not know and all three are heavily intoxicated. "Any chance you could read their thoughts for me?" 

"I don't believe that's very fair of you to ask. You don't want me intruding on your thoughts, but you wish me to on someone else's? Besides that could be seen as exploited my abilities, and I don't think I appreciate that." She tells him.

"You're right. I'm sorry." 

Olivia cannot keep her smile hidden any longer as she laughs at her friend. "Justin, I'm only kidding. I've been in and out of their minds all night. Of course they are all horny, but they are also all of the male species. If you want me to be honest, I believe Trace's thoughts are far more worse than some of the others." Justin chuckles at this, not doubting the truth behind it. "As for intentions, I'm making sure that they don't go too far with them. I can't stop them if the woman wants it because that really is intruding, but if there's any sign of doubt in the woman's mind, I'll be sure to intervene or send you in to do so."

"I think we should stop them no matter what." Justin mumbles, unhappy with her answer of letting them.

"That's not cool. If it were you, would you want them to stop you from getting some just because they aren't happy with your choice?" Olivia points out to get him to understand.

The night goes on for another hour, when Justin finally decides to call it quits. He has to get up in the morning and would like at least a couple of hours of sleep. As he says his goodnights, the guys all start to make their moves, trying to get into the woman's bed or have them come back to their place for more. Trace is passed out on one of the lounge chairs, where Justin brings out a blanket and covers him with it and places a pillow under his head. 

Olivia stays beside the hot tub. She has gotten out and put her clothes on over her suit, but remains still, waiting for any sign of needing rescue. Rachel has to say no a couple times but her guy eventually gets the hint and starts to head out. Olivia doesn't see Cara at first and starts to worry until she spots her heading out the door with her man. She is more than happy to go, so Olivia doesn't stop her. Alyssa, on the other hand, is another concern. With her being the half-sister, Olivia is a little extra protective but promises to stay true to her word about letting her go if she wants. 

Olivia stays out of her sister's thoughts at first, just watching the interaction. She sees the guy pulling her close and Alyssa trying to gently push him away. A few more tries with Alyssa pushing harder each time riles the guy up. Olivia can clearly see that she needs to step in. Justin hadn't quite made it inside when he heard Alyssa arguing, too. He turns to join in, seeing that Olivia is approaching from the opposite side.

"Hey, buddy, I think its time you called it a night. The girl said no." Justin tries to reason with him, in order to prevent a fight.

"I don't think this is any of your business, pal." They guy practically yells in his drunken state.

"Seriously, its time you left. Your friend is waiting for you over there." Olivia points towards the gate. "We don't want any problems here, but you need to leave."

"I didn't realize I was dealing with a little girl and her parents. I prefer a real woman anyway." He slurs as he stumbles, nearly falling several times, on his way out. His friend apologizes as he practically shoves him into the car and drives off.

"You okay?" Olivia questions Alyssa.

"I'm fine." Her answer is curt. 

"Are you sure? You seem to be in a mood. You should let that guy get to you. He's not worth it." Olivia adds as she follows Alyssa over to where her clothes are sitting on a chair.

"I'm quite aware of that. Thanks anyway."

"What's your deal? We just helped you get rid of some dude that wanted to take you back to his place, hope you are too drunk to fight, and then use you to throw you away in the morning." Olivia tells her, getting annoyed herself.

"Well, lucky me for having a bodyguard, or I guess a mom and dad around to save me." She spits out angrily.

"Is that what this is about? Some jackass called you a 'little girl' and you choose to take it out on me?" Olivia cannot believe this.

"I am twenty-eight years old. I am more than capable of taking care of myself. I can make my own decisions and I don't need you around to scare off some drunk guy for me. I was more than able to take care of him myself. I haven't needed you to take care of me before now, and I don't need you to do it now." Alyssa yells, gaining everyone's attention and even waking up Trace.

The group feels uncomfortable watching the interaction between the two half-sisters, but it's like a train wreck. They couldn't make themselves look away. They've never seen Alyssa get so riled up, and Olivia trying her hardest to stay calm in all of this, slightly surprised she hasn't done something to calm Alyssa down, but they do know that she prefers everyone feel their own feelings instead of hers.

Alyssa turns to walk away, but Olivia reaching out to stop her so they could finish this. "Alyssa, I'm sorry."

"I don't want your stupid apology. I just want to be left alone." Alyssa brushes her off and turns back around.

Olivia reaches out again, "Alyssa, just lis--" her words are cut short when Alyssa whirls around and shoves her away.

The shove is not what surprised everyone causing a gasp to be heard from all of them. The gasps are for the fact that Olivia doubled-over as she flew threw the air, across the remaining yard, and into the wooden privacy fence causing it to crumple around her.

"Oh my--" Alyssa eyes immediately widen in horror as she runs over to check on Olivia.

Everyone else soon follows, seeing no movement from the now wood pile. Justin reaches down to start moving pieces, when he sees the wood start to move on its own. It isn't long before Olivia is standing up, brushing herself off, and coughing some dust out of her lungs. Her clothes are torn a bit and she looks up to see everyone staring at her in shock and horror and then back at Alyssa. She reaches up and touches the corner of her mouth and when she pulls her hand away, blood is covering the tips of her fingers.

She makes her way out of the wood pile and towards her friends who are all moving very slowing as they continue to just stare. She leans over and spits blood out and then looks up at Alyssa with a smile. "I have to say," she reaches back up to touch her mouth, pulling back to show more blood, "its been a long time since someone's made me bleed and a lifetime or two since someone has been able to catch me off-guard like that."

"I'm so so sorry. I don't know what came over me. Oh my God, are you okay?" Alyssa stutters out in shock herself. "I have no idea how I did that." She tells them.

"Its all good. Almost fun." Olivia spits out more blood. "I haven't had a good fight in a long while. Granted that wasn't a fight but you definitely packed a lot of heat in that. Looks like you did get something from Daddy after all, well our father, sorry." Olivia corrects herself. They all look at her in silence, full of confusion. "Well I told you all that demon blood comes from the mother. That's why you have no 'special abilities,' Alyssa, and Justin does. I guess I didn't consider that daddy factors." Olivia states, not really clearing anything up for anyone.

"Justin, no matter which one of your parents are demon, one is and one isn't, which makes you half-demon no matter what. Same for Alyssa. The difference is that your mother is demon, so you get to have the powers unlike Alyssa's case in which the father is demon. But the father does play a factor. Justin's father was human which is probably why you are more gentle and kind and all unlike most demons, no offense to your mother of course." Olivia feels she must add the end statement, so there are not hard feeling stirred up. "Alyssa, you're father is demon which means that your demon connection will be extremely suppressed compared to ours. Your anger and frustration and annoyance brought out the extra strength. I can't see that you will have this all the time, but I'm sure I can work with you on accessing it if you would like." Alyssa is quiet, trying to take it all in. Olivia continues, "In rare cases, when dad is the demon, the powers are there, just not as prominent. As Alyssa has shown, her strength is normal until I provoked it, purely accidental but glad I did now. Our powers deal with the mind, so she's probably well in-tuned with people's feeling, but chalks it up to being very observant. In even more rare cases, the person has a unique ability of her own." Olivia's eyes lighten up at the final thought.

"What are you talking about? Can she fly or something?" Trace asks with a touch of slur.

"No, but I wonder and hope you can do this. Will you do me a favor and repeat after me?" Olivia asks Alyssa, holding onto he so she will look her in the eyes. When Alyssa silently nods, Olivia goes on to say, "this will be a easy and pointless one, but if it works, so much more will come of it." The group comes closer to the two and waits to see what is about to happen. "Ok, repeat this: Olivia is family, and they are not.....not wait, um, strength from anger, heat from fire....oh no, that wouldn't be good for you to try. I need to think of one that will be easy and will work." Olivia's ramblings were confusing the group more and more but at the same time have them biting at the bits with curiosity. She thinks for a minute as she quietly whispers to herself crazy nonsense. 

"I got it! Something stupid and crazy but it just might work. Repeat this: Olivia is a full demon, and Justin is part. They both have powers but I have none, so I want you to give me a pretty red go-cart." Alyssa rolls her eyes at the whole thing. "I know it sounds stupid but its the best I can do for now. It may not even work."

Alyssa rolls her eyes and repeats what she says, and nothing happens. "What was that supposed to prove?" 

"Alyssa, listen to me. I need you to trust me and repeat it again, but believe it will work. If it doesn't work I will buy you the pretty red go-cart that you speak of." She tries to give her the motivation she needs.

Alyssa nods and repeats it with a little more enthusiasm this time. Mere seconds after she finishes, a shiny red go-cart appears poolside. Everyone yells in excitement at the new revelation.

"What does this mean?" Rachel asks the question that everyone is thinking.

"That my dearest half-sister here received just the right mixture of blood from both parent that she is what you would call a witch."

Standing up quickly from where she was admiring the go-cart, Alyssa speaks up, "I've been through puberty, I lived through zits, Lets forget Jolie and give me Brad Pitt." She and Rachel look around with so much excitement that a person would think they were going to explode.

Olivia rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "Not quite."

"Well why not? I rhymed and I meant it. Why can't I have it?" Alyssa questions, 

"It doesn't work that way. Thats why I called the first one an easy one. If you try it again, though, you'll see it won't work. Hate to tell you but only your first spell works that way."

"And you wasted it on a go-cart when I could have had Brad Pitt!" Alyssa scoffs.

"If you want to excel with this, you will need to practice. I can help you with your strength training, but I'm limited when it comes to magic. I know some places get the books, materials, ingredients, and all that if you would like me to take you. Most of what I know is what I've heard or seen through others."

"Man, this keeps getting better and better," Rachel smiles, "first its Justin. Then he just happens to run into Olivia who just happens to be demon, who has a half-sister who happens to be able to throw people through fences with a simple push and turns out to be a witch. What's next? Will I have a power? I mean I am related to Justin."

"Rachel, you're just getting ridiculous now. Besides, you're related to me on my dad's side of the family." Justin says. "I'm going to bed, I need to get some sleep and this is all giving me a headache."

Justin gets in the house before Olivia runs after him. "I'm so sorry. I seem to have complicated your life even more. You just wanted a normal life and now I just added more complications." Olivia apologizes.

Justin reaches out and grabs onto her hands. "You have not complicated anything. My life is not normal nor will it ever be. I've realized that, but you have made it easier for me. My friends are great and very understanding. I couldn't have asked for more in them. With you, though, I have a little more. I have someone I can talk to who truly understands what these powers and abilities feel like and everything. You can help me with them and my friends seem to have grown attached to you." He turns to look out the window and sees them all gathered around Alyssa and talked nonstop, about her newfound powers no doubt. "I have grown quite attached to you myself." Olivis quickly revert back to Justin. "You've become such a good friend and I really do like having you around." He says movign closer to her as if to hug her, but stops short.

"I like being around. You all have done nothing but make me feel welcomed here. I had many followers and many who wished to be apart of our elite. I had so many people around, but none of them truly cared. They only wished for the power that came along with us. The only one that truly cared about me, besides Blake," Olivia's head drops but Justin places his fingers under her chin to lift it back up, "the only one in our family that cared was my brother. In the end, he even betrayed me." She closes her eyes, willing the tears away, but one escapes.

Justin wipes it away and pulls her into a hug. "We will never do that. We love having you around, and I am sure Rachel and Trace will beg you to teach them all kinds of things they don't need to know." He jokes with her.

"I feel that Cara will not enjoy me around so much."

"She just has a hard time trusting new people. She'll come around. I promise."

"I think you've earned yourself a little insight on a power of mine." Olivia tells him and sees his face light up. "I'll reveal to you tomorrow. As for now, you need to go to bed, you do have work tomorrow. I'm thinking those three out there will be using a sick day." She laughs as Justin agrees.

An unexpected discovery of abilities in Alyssa may prove to be most helpful in the future. Hopefully, Olivia will be able to get her what she needs, and even more so hopefully Alyssa is a fast learner.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story