Olivia is not surprised a bit to wake up to the sound of Alyssa groaning loudly from the bathroom floor. She had driven them home last night after her talk with Justin, and it wasn't long before Alyssa had passed out in her bed, with a trash can beside her just in case. Olivia rolls out of bed and makes her way to the bathroom and leans against the doorframe to look over the poor helpless soul sprawled out on the floor.  

She chuckles at the sight, "you going to make it?"

Alyssa groans again and grabs her head. "Please don't yell. Just whisper." She responds in a whisper of her own. "Can't you use your powers or whatever to make me feel better?"

Olivia rolls her eyes at the question and laughs. "My powers affect your mood, not your physical state. Your hangover is physically your fault and your consequences. I can make you happy about it though." She teases through her own amusement.

"Ha...ha. You are just so funny. Will you please just get me some aspirin or something and some water?" 

"of course I can." She goes to the kitchen to look through the drawer where Alyssa through all of her drugs. Searching through all the bottles, Olivia yells out, "So, i was thinking, since you already obviously have the day off, if you start to feel better I could take you to make get some books to read up on and made take you by a store and pick up some supplies so you can practice some of the smaller things." She finds the bottle and goes back to the bathroom. 

Alyssa has pulled herself up into a sitting position, leaning against the tub. "Really? That would be great. If I can keep these pills down, I shouldn't be too bad in a couple of hours."

Olivia wishes her good luck and goes back to her room changes into some cargo pants and a simple tank.Throwing her hair up into a ponytail, she announces that she is heading out for a few minutes and she'll be back to check up on the sick. Alyssa waves her away and does everything she can to get rid of her hangover. 

Olivia did call Justin to check on how the other three. Rachel and Trace seem to be in the same boat as Alyssa, and no one has heard from Cara yet. She only hopes the saying is true and that maybe Cara will be in a better mood today after going home with one of the guys from last night. She makes plans with Justin for that night, and makes her way back to the apartment to check on Alyssa.

To Olivia's surprise, Alyssa is up and moving around and dressed to go out. "I assume you were able to keep the meds down?"

"Yep. My head feels much better. My stomach is still uneasy, but thats from both the alcohol and not eating. I'm a little afraid to eat. My stomach may not agree with the whole eating thing, so I'm taking it slow and easy today." She explains. "So you still going to take me out?"

"I said I would, didn't I?" Olivia nods as she turns back to the door and heads back out with Alyssa following her this time. "I did check out a few stores that I thought you might be interested in. They aren't to far from here. You up for a walk or you to 'uneasy' to?"

Alyssa agrees to try out the walking. She's slow moving, but the cool breeze helps her out a bit. The first store is only a couple of blocks from the apartment and is a very small, family-owned bookstore. Alyssa starts to question it because she's been in this particular store before and saw nothing that she's interested in.

"It's because you weren't looking for the right thing. I came in here earlier, and the owners were very kind, very helpful." Olivia assures her as she walks in. She does leave out the part that she had to convince the owners that she is good, apparently her aura did not read as such.

Olivia leads them both to a back corner where there were three books lying out on a table. the three books that she had previously been looking over, and they had kept out for her.

"These are the three that I think you will get the most out of right now. There are some simple spells and incantations and everything and also information on didn't items, ingredients and such. I figured you could start with these to help you learn your craft and then we can come back later or go somewhere else and look for more advanced spells when you've got this stuff mastered." Olivia tells her as she starts to thumb through the first one. "Why don't you look over some of the things and if you see anything you might want to try, we can go to the supply store next. Apparently this family owns it, too."

"I'd love to, thanks." Alyssa replies, sitting down to get comfortable as she looks over the books.

Olivia chooses to look around some more to see if there was anything that interested her personally. She considers it a failure after walking around the entire store, but the owner lady calls her over to where she stands in a back room. Cautiously she approaches, curious as to what she may want. Her thoughts come in as a jumble mess, so it is unclear to her, which is unusual for her also.

"I've put up a protector in here. You cannot enter my mind." The lady informs her as if reading Olivia's mind. "I must confess. I do not trust you. You read very dark and very unstable. I am shocked to see that your friend in there shares an aura with you, partly, but her light overcomes her dark. She, I do not worry about." Olivia is not shocked to hear this information. She is used to these types of comments towards her. "I would not allow you in here, but my husband has convinced me that you are of greater purpose and you are meant to come in here. You are meant to find something that will help you find your way."

"Ma'am, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not lost and I'm well aware of who I am. I have no new powers or abilities to discover, so I'm quite sure there's really nothing you can help me with." Olivia gives he an apologetic look as she turns to go back to Alyssa.

"So you do not wish to know your outcome of the battle between you and a very close one?"

Olivia quickly turns back around with a suspicious stare. "What battle and what close one?"

"A big battle will occur between you and someone you care very much about. One that will end in many tears and sorrow." The lady starts to frustrate Olivia with her cryptic talk.

"Who will be this so-called 'close one?" Will I kill him?" Olivia questions wanting direct answers.

"The choice is up to you. You will have to choose." The lady declares and then disappears into a doorway.

Olivia wishes to follow, but she hears Alyssa calling for her. She goes back out to the shop area and find Alyssa with all three books in her arms, looking around for her. 

"Over here, you ready?"

"Yeah, are you alright? You seem a bit distracted? Find something you want in here?" Alyssa looks Olivia over and tries to see what may be off.

Olivia shakes her head to not only answer Alyssa's question but to clear her head of the lady's words. You will have to choose. Choose between what? Will she have to choose herself and another or choose between to people she cares about or just choose to let someone live or die. She cannot seem to shake the really bad feeling she has.

Alyssa seems to not notice Olivia's state of mind or just chooses to ignore it for now. She drags Olivia into the supply store and buys up a few things that she needs to try out a couple of spells that look easy and don't require someone's blood.

It's still early when they make it back home, so Olivia claims she needs a walk as Alyssa immediately starts on her first spell. Why could she not possibly obtain the ability to see the future? That would come in handy right about now. She walks around for a couple of hours to clear her head.

***

Its a little after five, and Justin has called to tell Olivia that he is on his way home and that she and Alyssa are more than welcome to come over whenever they wish. Its only minutes before Olivia is dragging Alyssa out the door.

Olivia is informed, upon arrival, that Justin is in the basement waiting and Alyssa (giddy as a schoolgirl) joins the others to tell them about her first spell.

Olivia opens the door to the basement and can hear Justin punching the bag. "Oh good, I need a bit of energy release today." She mumbles.

"Is that so? What do you have in mind?" Justin asks with a wicked smirk.

Olivia's facial expression shows that she wasn't aware that he would be able to hear her. "I'd enjoy shooting your bolts back at you." She smirks back at him as a challenge.

"That would be great, but how about that power you promised to tell me about?" Justin reminds her. "I'll throw bolts at you if you wish."

"Alright fine. Since you didn't earn it through your physical abilities, instead of a power, I'll show you an ability instead." Olivia tells him before stepping away from him, so he can see her completely. "This comes in handy when you want to blend in with those around you."

Olivia's shoulder-length straight brown hair quickly changes to short curly and blonde then just as quickly it becomes long and black. Justin eyes widen with amazement. She smiles as she blinks her eyes and opens them to reveal her bright blue eyes were now a bright purple. Her hair changes once again. This time it was a blue mohawk then a nice deep dark purple bob with pink streaks. Her eyes change again to a gold color. 

"How are you doing that?" Justin asks, reaching up to touch her hair but pulls back.

"You can touch it. Its real hair." Olivia chuckles. "I just think about the hairstyle I want or the eye color that interests me, and there you go. A new look within seconds. Much cheaper than what it cost for a stylist to do it and a lot easier than sitting around waiting for the dye to set or the cut to shape up while the whole time you are praying that the stylist doesn't screw it up." She shrugs.

"How did you acquire this ability? This seems like a handy one to have."

Olivia sucks in a deep breath and looks down at her feet. When she looks back up at Justin, her hair is back to normal as well as her eyes. "I don't think that matters," she replies but she can tell that Justin's curiosity won't be yielding. "Well, as you are aware of, I was not the greatest person. I lacked that caring moral fiber that most people are born with. I would kill anyone and anything for whatever reason, usually a selfish one." She grimaces at the thought but sees that Justin doesn't. He stands there, listening, and waiting patiently for the story to finish. 

"There was a little girl. She couldn't have been more then ten. I was in the woods, playing a game with my brother," Olivia's eyes glaze over as if she was reliving it again, "the little girl was just happily skipping through the woods, without a care in the world. I wouldn't have paid her much mind except she was singing some stupid happy jingle song and her hair was changing along with it. It was every color in the world, and I was hooked. I made my way over to her path, so she would come up to me. I greeted her and she had no problem talking to me. I was such a nice pretty girl. I made sure she remained calm around me. so her instincts to run from me did not surface. Eventually, I bored of our interaction and I killed her, took her ability, and then used it to win the game against my brother. I killed her just so I could win a game." She shakes her head as if to shake the memory away.

"Could you not have taken her ability without killing her?" Justin asks, not as a way of judgment, but just needing to know.

"The only way to acquire someone else's powers and abilities is through them willingly giving them up which never happens or to kill them and to say a spell soon after. As you should assume, all mine were taken by force."

Justin nods but instead of moving away from her, he moves towards her and pulls her into a hug. "How about this? If you ever want my powers, just ask. I'll give them to you." He tries to tease. He feels Olivia shake a little as she chuckles in his embrace.

"What do you say to you throwing bolts at me? I would very much like to toss them back at you, for pure amusement of course." She laughs and Justin can't stop himself from joining in.

With no warning from him, he charges up and lets the game begin.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story