The sun rises and for the first time anyone can ever recall, Trace is up with it and already at Justin's. Not so surprising, Rachel is up also waiting around for someone to wake up. The two whisper between each other wanting to go peek in Justin's room to see if Olivia joined him in keeping it warm, but neither one having the guts to do so. 

"What if he shoots one of this bolt things at me? What if she hurls something at me? I think I'm more afraid of her then him." Trace admits still whispering.

"You know," the two are interrupted, "you two do not whisper as quietly as you think." Alyssa comes walking in, tying the belt of the robe Rachel let her borrow. She lets out a loud yawn as she stretches. "I didn't hear any noises last night, so I assume the two kept their bed-warming acts in the basement." She plops down on the couch. "I cannot believe I am up this freakin' early. This is ridiculous."

"It is now that there's no fun stories to wait for." Trace whines.

"You my perverted friend seem to never change do you?" Rachel rolls her eyes.

"Well, I know how to get info." Alyssa announces. "Let's go ask Olivia."

"I don't know. I think we should let the two sleep a little longer. I'm not sure how Olivia is in the morning but Justin is one big crab that can electrocute you if he so chooses to." Rachel tells her, stopping her from going towards their bedrooms. "Plus, I'm not sure if you two have noticed but she has been looking really worn out lately. Let's just wait until she awakes before bombarding her with questions."

"Fine," Alyssa gives in and sits back down. 

The three sit around for a couple of hours as they continue to wait. "I hate just sitting here. I think I may go peek to see if Olivia ended up at least crawling into Justin's bed to snuggle." Trace says as he rolls his eyes at his choice of the word 'snuggle'.

"Really? Do you honestly see Olivia as the snuggler?" Alyssa laughs, trying to stifle it. "I can see Justin crawling into Olivia's bed before I see the vice versa."

"Then why don't we go and check that right now?" All heads turn to Cara who has now entered the house. "Clearly we are all interested on the outcome of last night. There's no point in putting it off." 

As the original three want to go peek just pure fun and curiosity, it is clear Cara has different motives. The girl looks as if she didn't sleep at all last night, and instead used sandpaper to rub her eyes with. They were red and puffy and slightly swollen.

"Dude, Cara, you look like shit. What happened to you last night?" Trace laughs at his comment but Rachel elbows him to tell him to shut it. There was more to it that they weren't completely in on.

"That doesn't matter," Cara answers as she makes her way down the hall quietly. She stops in front of the guest room that had been given to Olivia. She waits until the others have joined her before she slowly turns the knob and opens the door a little at a time.

What causes the group the group to freeze in shock is not what they were expecting to find. Olivia is lying on the floor at the foot of the bed, sprawled out. Its only seconds before Rachel rushes over to the bed and pulls the top sheet off and covers her up. The nightie is not so amusing now. She orders Trace to go get water as she tests Olivia's vitals not sure if demons have pulses like normal people. Fortunately, she felt a faint heartbeat as she called out her name, getting no response in return.

Alyssa pulls Olivia into her lap, tapping her face and moving her limbs, begging for some kind of response. Rachel jumps back up to her feet to go check on Trace and go wake up Justin. She looks over at Cara who is just standing over the two on the floor.

"Are you just going to stand there?"

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" Cara bites back.

Rachel just scoffs and leaves the bedroom to walk across the narrow hallway to bust into Justin's room. He had still been asleep but slowly comes to when Rachel throws the door open.

"What the hell, Rachel?" He rolls over, throwing his comforter over his head. "Its too early. And why the hell are you awake?" He is not happy to be woken up, especially in this manner.

"I'm borrowing your robe and I think you should throw on a pair of pants and get out here." She says as she exits the room to go back to Olivia, without sharing anymore. 

Justin, unaware of what is going on just groans and rolls back over in bed. "what-the-hell-ever. I'm going back to sleep." He groans as he drifts back off.

Trace rushes back down the hallway with a glass of water. Alyssa is sitting sitting on the floor holding Olivia as Rachel tries to slip the robe around her so they can move her to the bed without worrying about the sheet slipping. Before moving her, Alyssa takes the water from Trace and tries splashing her a bit with it. At first it appears to have no effect but a couple attempts later, Olivia's eyes start to twitch a bit like they were trying to open. A very faint moan escapes and the group freezes to see what is going to happen. Alyssa splashes her a couple more times, but no response once again. 

Cara snatches the glass from Alyssa's hand. "Give me that. Let's try this." She says as she dumps the whole glass on Olivia's head.

Alyssa is about to drop her and attack Cara herself when she feels an almost violent jerk and then all of a sudden Olivia jerks up and takes a deep breath as if she hadn't been breathing at all. She looks around and starts moving away from everyone, into a corner, lost and confused.

"Where am I? What's going on?" The look of terror was frightening for the others to see.

"Calm down, Olivia. You're still at Justin's. We had a party last night and you and Alyssa decided to stay over so you didn't have to drive home so late. You must have blacked out or something. We were trying to get you to wake up." Rachel tries to explain calmly, even though her own heart is racing.

What the hell is going on? We need to figure out what caused this? Olivia jerks her head towards Trace. She studies him with a deep look of confusion.

This is all bullshit. The girl has a talent for getting attention. This is just karma coming back after what she did, stabbing me in the back. Olivia jerks her head over to Cara this time, giving her the same look.

"Are you okay? Why don't you come lie down?" Alyssa asks her, trying not to alarm her.

Dude, something is up with her. She's acting crazy. Olivia looks back at Trace, who is now giving her a crazy confused look.

"I...I can...I can read your mind." Olivia stutters out.

"Yes, we know. You've already told us this. We know about your ability to manipulate our emotions too. What happened last night? Did yours and Justin's session lead to you getting your head struck too hard?" Trace's laugh doesn't hold much humor in this situation.

"Olivia, you need to lie down, and we'll go get Justin and try to figure out what's going on. I assume a normal doctor is not going to be worth too much in this case." Rachel walks slowly over to her and reaches out for her hand.

Olivia takes it and stands up, but doesn't move to the bed. "You all are very worried. Don't be. I'm okay."

"Of course, we're all worried. We just found you lying in the floor unconscious, and now you're acting funny," replies Alyssa.

"All of you care so much, except you." Olivia points to Cara. "You seem to be happy with me being hurt. You have such rage, hate, and is that jealousy I'm sensing?"

"You promised not to read us. Justin swore to us that you would stay out of our minds unless we gave you permission." Cara spits out.

"Look, I think we are all a little on edge right now." Alyssa moves to stand between Olivia and Cara, facing the former one. "I'm sure that Cara does not hate you and that you are just misreading something. We're all friends here and we are all worried. Now lets go wake Justin and see what we can find."

Alyssa moves towards the door with her hand on Olivia's arm, but she realizes that her sister is not budging. Instead, she is staring Cara down with a challenging glare. "Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you?" Olivia asks, taking a couple of steps towards Cara. "All I've ever wanted is for us to be friends because Justin cares about yo so much." It is clear that Olivia is hurt by what she has discovered. Cara does not respond. She just stands there and glares back at Olivia. "Why..." Olivia starts to asks again but stops, a smiles forming on her lips. "You hate me for last night. You don't think I deserve Justin. You're in love with Justin, and you're jealous about last night."

"That's crazy. Cara isn't in love with Justin. They broke up a long time ago." Trace scoffs at the idea, but groans loudly when Rachel's elbow connects with his rib once again.

Its not even a second before Cara's face turns to a deep shade of red. Rachel and Trace can't control themselves when they involuntarily take a few steps back when seeing her face. They have never seen Cara look so mad. She usually the one who is quiet and has no problems with anyone. 

"Please, calm down, Cara. We need to talk about this. If you could--" Olivia's cuts off her sentence when she jumps to the right to dodge the vase flying at her head, shattering on the wall behind her.

The other three gasps as this. They could not believe what just happened. Following the sound of the shattering vase, they all hear quick footsteps as Justin runs out of his room, fighting to pull up a pair of sweatpants.

"What the hell is going on in here?!" He yells when he sees the glass shards all over the floor and glaring at Olivia.

Olivia, at this moment, stands back up straight and runs over to Justin, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Justin, thank God. She just threw a vase at my head. She's gone crazy."

Everyone stares at Olivia with confusion, including Justin. All unsure on how to react to this; Olivia just openly showed fright and held onto Justin for help. not to mention her not doing something herself to deal with Cara. Justin just puts his arm around Olivia and pulls her tighter into him for the moment. 

"What the hell are you doing, Cara? What makes you think its okay to throw my stuff around in my house and at someone else for that matter? Why would you be throwing something at Olivia anyway? Its too early for her to be pissing anyone off." Justin looks down at Olivia to give her a smile to let her know he is only teasing, but quickly looks back up at Cara and his smile disappears and is replaced with a grim frown. 

Cara stays quiet as she searches through the room and looks from face to face seeing everyone staring at her with shock, peaked interest, and as if she had gone crazy. She starts to tell Justin that she has no idea what came over her until she feels a mass wave of anger overcome her. "That stupid bitch has come into our group and is doing whatever she can to tear us apart. She knows that we are best friends so she's doing what she can to come between us." She yells out her accusations, forcing everyone's eyes to expand to the size of dinner plates and jaws hit the floor fast and hard. "She's evil and she's got you wrapped her around her finger. She's a demon and you are half-demon. She wants to pull you over to her side and then she'll just dispose of us when she's done with us."

"What the fuck?!" Rachel demands, but gasps a little when she realizes that she said it out loud.

"Cara, I think you need to cool off. Maybe you need to go back home and just get a grasp on things, and then we can talk about this later." Justin is so shocked by her reaction, he has no idea how to react to it.

"I'm so sorry, Justin," Olivia replies, pulling away from him slightly so she can look up at him. "I've obviously done something to upset her. Maybe its time that I go home. I'll just quickly change my clothes and leave. She can stay here and maybe talk things out with you." Olivia moves over to grab her clothes where she had thrown them on a chair the previous night. 

"No, she's the one that seems to have an issue. She can leave." Justin tells her.

"I'm the one who has an issue?!" Cara shrieks. "The sex must be amazing with her for you to be able to not see how she is just manipulating us all into thinking she's some goddess. I cannot believe in one night, she fucks you and you go throw me out like trash."

Trace, Rachel, and Alyssa all gasps again and when Justin turns to look at them, they all make a point to look around at something else, avoiding eye contact.

"What are you talking about? Not that its any of yall's business but me and Olivia are not sleeping together and we did not 'fuck' last night." Justin gives them a lost look, but one that demands answers.

"Don't lie to us. We heard you downstairs. Tell him!" Cara orders the others who are still trying to avoid any involvement in this.

"What is she talking about that you 'heard' us downstairs?" Justin asks, staring straight at Trace.

"Well we kind of heard you two making a lot of ruckus, accompanied by some loud moans, plus Olivia wanted for you all to have a nice private session." Trace bites his lip in nervousness.

Jusitn laughs, but its a chilling laugh. "You all assume we were fucking because of 'ruckus' and 'moans'? For your information, she wanted it to be private because for one she was tired and unable to block out all of your thoughts. and two she was throwing me around. The loud ruckus was her sending me across the room to hit a wall where I followed up by moaning out in pain." Justin explains. Trace opens his mouth to speak again but Justin raises his hand to stop him. "Before you feel the need to bring up her moaning, I got a few good hits in myself. I sent her across the room a couple of times too. That's why I said she needed to admit I'm as good. You all seriously thought we were doing it in the basement??" Justin could not believe this.

Rachel and Trace shrug but can't find their words to answer. Justin just rolls his eyes as he shakes his head. "This is ridiculous. Well that explains a few looks on your parts, but that does not explain why you decided to show up at my house and start to accuse Olivia of outrageous things and throw something at her." He turns back to Cara who is now leaning against a far wall, with her head down, and tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry. I just thought that she was purposely going behind my back to hurt me." Cara looks up at him.

"How would our hooking up be her way of hurting you? That doesn't make since." Justin asks.

"All I'm saying is that...," Cara tries to breathe deeply to stay calm but she feels her anger and jealousy boiling up again, "all I'm saying is that she is evil. She's up to something, and I'm the only one that seems to see it. Alyssa is her sister and is apparently magical too so that automatically has Alyssa on her side. Rachel and Trace are too retarded to see that all of this not some cheesy magic trick used to entertain boys and girls. She's a demon, self-confessed 'evil' demon. You are just so desperate to have someone around you that is like you that you'll take whatever you can get. Ever since she came around, we haven't been good enough for you. You'd prefer to be around her or in that stupid basement doing who knows what. I'm the only one that sees it that she's doing what she can to get me out." Cara tells them. "She knows how I feel about her, so she tries to get as close to you as she can, sex being one of her fun tools she can use."

"We are not sleeping together." Justin growls.

"Yeah, for now."

"This is getting out of hand. I think you need to leave." Justin tells her. 

At this point, Olivia steps in between the two friends. "You know what, Justin. My head is hurting because I can't seem to keep control over all these emotions here and all the thoughts. My powers must be out of whack or something. I just want to go home." She gives him a pouty look. "Will you drive me home?" 

"Why would he do that, Olivia?" Alyssa asks her. "We can just both leave.You get dressed and I'll go get my clothes on too and we can just leave."

Olivia looks over at her. "Right....we live together so that would be the rational thing. So, I guess I better change clothes."

Trace and Rachel leave the room with Alyssa. Justin walks over to Olivia who is now untying her robe. "I need to get some fresh air and to get out and clear my head. Could I still drive you home? I'll let Alyssa know." 

"Of course, I'd love that." Olivia nods and then pulls Justin into a tight hug. 

She looks over Justin's shoulder to Cara who is now moving slowly towards the door. She happens to look up and catches Olivia's eyes which are staring back at her. She has an evil smirk on her face, and then she makes a point to pull her face closer to Justin, burying her face into his neck. Cara closes her eyes tightly as if she make the image disappear. She turns away from them and then proceeds out the door.

Justin informs Alyssa that he's going to drive Olivia and they will just see her at home. He tells Cara that he expected her gone by the time he got back, and they will be discussing this after he has calmed down about it. Olivia gets changed and comes out to tell everyone bye. Once again, her face is revealing a look of sadness and what looks to be humiliation over the mornings events. Rachel tells her not to worry about it; things will fix themselves. Alyssa leaves first, but Justin and Olivia are only five minutes behind her.

The very second, Justin's truck is completely out of the driveway, Rachel quickly turns to Cara. "What the fuck was that?" Rachel screams out, furious with the way her friend just acted.

Cara doesn't answer though. She is finding it hard to breathe and then falls to her knees, sobbing. Rachel steps back to look at her friend. She has officially taken a one-way trip to Looneyville. Rachel has no idea what is going on, but she does know that her friend, though she may have taken one too many crazy pills when she got up this morning, still needs her and obviously needs someone to talk to.

"What to tell us what that was about earlier? We had no idea you harvested so much hate for Olivia. You should have come talked to us." Rachel sits on the floor, beside where Cara is still kneeling. She rubs her back soothingly in hopes that she can help her friend.

Trace joins them on the floor and grabs Cara's hand. "You do know that we love you right? We would never let someone come between us, not even Olivia." He assures her, pulling her down to sit completely on the floor and into his embrace. He hold her tight.

It takes a moment, but Cara is able to calm her sobs down to less hysterical tears and a frustrating hiccup. "I don't know what came over me. I really don't hate Olivia." Cara has a pleading look in her eyes, begging her friends to believe her. "I know I was very slow to accept her fully in the beginning, but I really started to like her. I admit I was extremely hurt when I thought she and Justin had hooked up. I shared with her that I believe I still have feelings for Justin and that I wanted to see if we could try things again. Then last night happened and I assumed that she was not as good of a person that I allowed myself to believe." Cara confesses to her friends.

"Is that why you went off the deep end in there?" Rachel asks, needing to understand what had happened and why her friend is so upset.

"I honestly don't know what happened in there." Cara pulls away from Trace so she could sit up straighter. "I really don't know. One minute, I'm hurt and determined to ask Olivia face-to-face what happened last night and then we found he on the floor. I really was concerned, but I know somewhere deep inside me, there was a part of me that was comforted that karma had its way with her. I felt terrible for feeling that at all, but then she made it sounds like I was thrilled that something had happened." She was wringing her hands as if she could squeeze something out of them that would help explain it. "I started feeling an uncontrollable amount of hate, anger, and jealousy overcome me. I didn't know what to do and it was like I lost control of my own body. I felt myself pick the vase up and throw it but I couldn't stop myself from doing it."

Trace and Rachel look at each other with a worried look on their faces. Their friend is upset over what she had done, and has no idea why she did it. Something is not right.

Cara took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "When Justin came in the room, I felt the anger start to disappear and I was embarrassed and confused and worried that he would hate me. I tried to explain it to him, but before I could I felt my anger start to go crazy again. I hear myself yelling but its like I'm on the inside and can't stop myself. I said horrible things and I don't even know why I would say them. I can't lie, some of the things I've thought but I never truly believe most of them." Cara stopped for a second and then looked at both of her friends, grabbing their hands. "I'm so sorry I said you were stupid. I really don't think that. I felt so much anger that I wanted to hurt everyone in the room however I could. I love you guys and I am so sorry."

"Its no big deal. I was too shocked to truly register what you had said if you want my honest answer." Trace squeezes her hand a bit. "We love you, Cara, and we just want to know what's going on. What can we do to help?"

"I don't know." She feels herself starting to cry again. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I couldn't control anything and now Justin probably hates me, Alyssa will probably hate me for talking to her and Olivia like that, not to mention Olivia will definitely hate me. I just don't get it. I was fine and then so angry, but it was like it all just poured out of me when they left. I didn't feel anything except sadness and humiliation."

Rachel jerked her head up and looked over at Trace. "You felt different after they left?" She asks Cara, without looking at her. She kept eye contact with Trace. "So your anger disappeared after Justin left to take Olivia home?"

Trace looked at Rachel as she questioned Cara's last statements. He shakes his head. "I know what you are thinking, Rachel, and its just not true. She wouldn't do that!' He demands. "There has to be another reason." Cara looks between the two and wants to know what they are talking about. "Rachel thinks that Olivia manipulated your moods, but there's no way she would do that. She promised she wouldn't first off and second, what would be her reasoning for doing so? She didn't get anything out of all this, except a vase that almost hit her in the face." Trace explains and feels Cara tighten up at the last part.

As the three continued to try to figure out what is going on with Olivia, Justin takes his time making it back to her apartment. Something happened earlier and he wants to make sure that she is okay. 

"I have a terrible headache. I can't get these voices out of my head," Olivia holds her head in her hands. 

Justin reaches over with hand and rubs her necks at the base of her head the best he could while driving. "Maybe we should get Alyssa to look into this. It could be some kind of spell or something by someone in your family."

"If I could just control this thing, I'd be okay," she says. "Its not so bad when its just you but the more people that are around, the worse it gets. I can't block out the thoughts and its giving me a migraine."

"I just don't understand what's going on. You had control over them and then last night you were acting strange and now you can't. We should look into this?" Justin is worried about her.

Olivia just shakes it off as being overworked, just tired and in need of a nap. "I'll be just fine if I can get these voices to quiet down enough for me to get to sleep. Want to help me out?" Olivia smiles up at him. 

"I'll try." He tells her as he pulls into the parking lot and then helps her out. "We can get upstairs and get Alyssa to look into this and maybe find something that will help you relax a little."

"No!" She exclaims, causing Justin to stop and look at her with alarm. "I...I just mean that I'd like it to be less people around if I can help it, less thoughts have to try to block."

Justin nods and even though he's still confused about the way she was acting. He leads the way to the apartment and find Alyssa already there as assumed, waiting for them to get there. Alyssa rushes over as soon as they walk through the door, checking to make sure Olivia is indeed okay and everything. Olivia insists that she is fine, with a slightly surprising attitude. 

"Maybe we should work on getting control over your powers, at least until we can figure out what is wrong with them." Justin says.

"You're having problems with your powers?" Alyssa begins to show even more concern. 

"I'm fine. Justin and I are just going to go to my bedroom and work on them." She smiles.

"We can do it out here," Justin tells her, "Maybe Alyssa can look up in one of her books what is going on."

Olivia leans over and whispers, not as quiet as she though, "well I was hoping that maybe we could do something a little more fun than studying. Maybe you can help distract me from the invading thoughts of others. It could prove to be fun." She winks at him.

Justin and Alyssa both give her a weird look. "um, I don't think that would..." he stops and looks at Olivia. His face changes from confused to admiring. His eyes deepen in color as he stares at her. He looks as if he is going to say something, but before any words come out, he practically jumps Olivia.

Alyssa's jaw drops in complete shock as Justin and Olivia devour each other in the middle of her living room. "At least you can do it take it to the bedroom," she states slowly, "what is going around here?" 

The two move to the bedroom as Alyssa moves to grab her phone. She calls Rachel to relay the events that just happened, but before she could Rachel invites her over, needing to talk to her about Cara. 

Alyssa agrees to come over. There is something going on and they need to get to the bottom of this. She grabs her three books, hoping one of them can explain it. If not they would be making a trip back to the store. Something is wrong with Olivia and none of them can afford this to continue.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story