Justin has grabbed Olivia and carried her into her bedroom. Being caught up in the moment, he barely makes it to the bed. Clothes are ripped off and the two are down to their underwear. Justin moves to lie on top of Olivia, his hands roaming her body as he continues to kiss her. He removes his lips from her and slowly moves them down her jawline down to her neck. He pauses here when he hears her gasp in pleasure. Olivia rubs his hands through his hair, not-so-gently tugging on it. She moves her lips to his ear and nibbles on his earlobe.

 

He moves his hands up to slide her bra straps down her shoulders. He starts to move away from Olivia to remove her bra when he hears her whisper. "Please stop."

 

Justin stops all of his movements and quickly pulls away from Olivia. "I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me. If don't want to do this if..." he trails off.

 

"What?! Of course I want to do this. What's wrong?" Olivia questions.

 

"I thought I heard you tell me to stop."

 

"I didn't. I promise. I want this to happen." She assures him by pulling him down into a passionate kiss. 

 

Justin goes along with it, but it isn't a minute later when he hears her whisper again. This time he swore she was begging him to stop. He jerks away as if he had been burned. He stands up and turns away, grabbing his head and pulling at his hair. 

 

"What's wrong? What's going on? Did I do something wrong?" Olivia sits up and pulls her pillow in front of her to cover her. 

 

"I swear I keep hearing you whisper that you want to stop," Justin informs her and stops her when she starts to speak. "If its not you then the only thing I can think of is that its my subconscious telling me that this isn't right. We can't do this." He starts to pull his pants back on. "I don't want this to cause a problem between us. I'm not the type of guy that has meaningless sex with someone and I don't know how this started. I consider you a good friend, I appreciate everything you've done for me, and I don't want there to be this tension between us if we were to start something and it didn't work out." He is fully clothed but hesitant to leave. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me and I hope to see you later. Please get some rest and feel better."

 

Justin walks out of the bedroom and slowly makes his way through the apartment to the front door. Olivia remains on her bed, feeling rejected and shocked how things played out. She grabs her robe and throws in on as she rushes out, hoping to catch Justin before he leaves.

 

"Justin!" The front door is just about to latch when he pushes it back open. "Please don't go." The pleading in her voice is almost heartbreaking.

 

"I need to. Just do me a favor." He walks up to her and both hands on her arms. "Just breathe. I know you've said several times you can get overwhelmed with emotions and thoughts and that deep breathing helps. See? I do listen." He smiles charmingly at her. "Breathe and concentrate on your own thoughts and emotions and lets the others fade away." He leans down and kisses on the forehead before letting her go and leaves.

 

 

Meanwhile, Alyssa has made it to Justin's without a speeding ticket to her relief. She rushes into the house and finds Trace and Rachel sitting on the couch trying to console Cara who is sitting between them, with tears slowing streaking her cheek.

 

When Alyssa comes over and chooses to sit on the coffee table in front of them, Cara looks up at her with such great sorrow in her eyes that Alyssa almost started crying herself. "I'm so sorry, Alyssa. You must hate me for talking about you and Olivia like I did. I had no reason to say those things and I hurt so many people." Her tears start to pick up pace once again.

 

Alyssa leans forward and places one of her hands on Cara's knee in comfort and to show that there are no hard feelings towards her. "You were upset, and I understand needing to get things off your chest. I didn't take it personal."

 

"But thats the thing," Cara bolts up, now leaning towards Alyssa leaving only about a foot of space between them. "I don't know what came over me. I was upset, but I wasn't that furious. Its like I had no control over what I was feeling or what I was saying. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, I really did, but its like I couldn't shake the anger I was feeling. I could get rid of it until after they left." Cara leaned back into the couch as she went back to studying her hands with great interest.

 

Alyssa didn't reply. She has a terrible feeling about something, and she's determined to figure out what is causing it. "So, we find Olivia on the floor after blacking out sometime during the night, when she comes to she's disoriented and acting strange. Then you become out-of-control furious with her and throw something at her as Justin comes running. After all the things that were said, he feels terrible for Olivia and decides to take her home, at which time you have calmed down." Alyssa summarizes the morning as the others nod in affirmation. "Then when they arrive back at our apartment, Justin mentions getting me to help figure out what is wrong with her powers, and she insists that nothing is wrong and that I don't need to do anything. She was quite focused on getting Justin alone. At first he doesn't go along with it and then out of nowhere he was practically jumping her bones at which time I decided it was time to get out of there." This new information bothers the whole group.

 

"Are you convinced that she may be using her powers on us now?" Rachel asks Trace.

 

"I know that the evidence would lead us to think that, but I can't help but believe her when she told us that she would never do that unless the situation called for it and we told her it was okay. Doing it to make Cara look like a bitch and to get Justin to sleep with her doesn't sound like situations that 'call for it'." Trace stands up from the couch. "I think I'm going to go outside and clean up the yard from last night. If you find anything let me know." Trace leaves the room and loudly shuts the back door upon his exit.

 

"That was...you know, I'm not sure what that was." Rachel says. 

 

"He really likes Olivia. He believes he's been in love with her since the first day." Cara mumbles as she throws her head back to look up at the ceiling.

 

"What?!" Alyssa cannot believe her ears. "Why didn't he say anything? I had no idea. With the whole hitting on every girl and sleeping with half of them, I guess the message got lost somewhere." She jokes and Rachel joins in her laughter but Cara gives them a look that makes it come to a halt.

 

"Did you ever think that just maybe he doesn't really sleep with them. Its all apart of your assumptions, and that he hasn't said anything because he thinks Justin and Olivia are meant to be together and fears the rejection that comes along with that." Cara tells them.

 

"Thats quite profound." Rachel raises her eyebrows.

 

"Which apparently you believe I am incapable of being. I think I'm going to go help Trace." She gets up and follows the path that Trace had just previous taken.

 

"How did we go from being the good guys to the bad guys in like ten seconds flat?" Rachel asks still staring at the doorway where her two closest friends just exited.

 

"I don't know but it all started with Olivia blacking out on us, so I say we start there." Alyssa suggests. "I say we make a list of anything and everything that has been off with her before all of this and add whatever has happened after."

 

The two agree and start the list off with Olivia being extremely overworked by all of them, which doesn't help in the guilt department. Justin had mentioned that she had told him more than once that her powers were off just because she was tired, which brings them to the next issue, her powers. She has let Justin overpower her several times, and in the last few sessions that they watched, she seemed distracted. She didn't seem to be blocking out everyone like she had been. Then there was earlier that day where she seemed genuinely shocked about being able to read minds. She appeared to be clingy to Justin, and she wasn't so willing to stand up for herself much less try to explain anything to calm the situation. They assume, without hard evidence according to Trace, that she manipulated both Cara and Justin's moods. 

 

"I just don't get what this could all mean. It just sounds to me like she gets cranky when she's sleepy and is taking it out on us through our emotions." Rachel concludes.

 

"There has to be more," Alyssa has gone through all three of her books and has not found anything that would even hint as to what could be going on with Olivia.

 

The two started going over the list again as the front door opened and shortly after they hear it close back, Justin appears. He looks a little confused and distracted.

 

"Hey cuz, what's up with you?" Rachel asks as he falls back onto the couch beside her.

 

"I think I just made a big mistake." 

 

This answer causes the girls to stop what they are doing. "Please tell me you didn't." Rachel pleads and he gives her a questioning look. "Please tell me you didn't have sex with Olivia. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl and I've been rooting for you two to hook up for a while but she is vulnerable right now."

 

"I didn't have sex with her, and what do you mean vulnerable?" Justin sits up a bit more so he could listen to what the girls had to say. 

 

"Well, we, Alyssa and I, have thought about what's been going on for the last couple of days and we think something is seriously wrong with Olivia. And what exactly did you do with Olivia?" Rachel squints her eyes as she studies her cousin, telling him not to lie to her.

 

"Well, I was planning on helping her with her powers, kind of like a favor for her doing the same for me. She seems to be having a harder time blocking out people and its giving her a headache. One minute I'm suggesting we sit down in the living room to start, and the next I am carrying her to the bedroom and ripping her clothes off." Justin growls in frustration as he leans forward and places his head in his hands. "We almost went through with it, but..." he trails off. He isn't sure if he should share the last part.

 

"But? Come on, Justin, if something is wrong with her, we need to know everything so we can help her. We all care deeply about her and don't want to see anything happen."

 

"Its just, I thought I heard her whisper for me to stop a couple of times, but every time I pulled away she would give me a weird confused look and swear she didn't say anything. So apparently now I have my own Jiminy Crickey whispering to me, but sounds like Olivia." Justin tells them, half expecting them to laugh at him, but instead they look at him with concern. "What's going on? Are we all going crazy? I mean first Cara goes crazy insane with anger, I just Olivia and start to hear voices, and who knows what else is going on."

 

"I honestly think this is all connected to Olivia. I hate to say it but I really do." Alyssa finally gives up on her search and closes the book. "If you want my opinion, I think there's one person that could maybe, possibly, help us but you may not like it." She moves over more to sit in front of Justin, grabbing his hands and making him look up at her.

 

"If you think it will help clear things up, and hopefully get Olivia back to full health, or fix whatever is wrong with her, I'm willing to do it." Justin tells her.

 

"I really think you need to go to your mom." Justin jerks his hands away from Alyssa and sits all the way back into the couch as if to get as far away from Alyssa as he can. "Justin, please listen to me. I know your mom hates Olivia and is not happy with your choice to befriend her, and I know you are not happy with your mom's feelings and opinions on her, but you have to understand that your mom has had a tough life because of Olivia. I realize that my sister may have changed but that doesn't change her past and it doesn't change your mom's memories. We know that Olivia is good now, but it may take your mom a bit longer to accept." Alyssa tries to get him to see both sides. "Olivia understands where your mom is coming from and harbors no hard feelings towards her for them. In fact, I believe Olivia said that your mom had a right to feel that way, but here's the deal. Your mom is the only person I know that is completely demon....so I guess the 'person' description is a little off." Alyssa makes a face at her own distraction, but is brought back when Justin coughs really loud and moves to lean towards her again to show he is willing to listen. "You mom lived around demons. It was natural for them. She may not have known Olivia personally or chosen to live that lifestyle but I'm sure she's heard of that family. Clearly they were well-known among other demons. Just maybe she might know what may be causing this, and maybe its not just specific to Olivia but to all demons and it has a simple solution. You need to talk to her, for us, for Olivia." 

 

Justin cannot make himself look away from the sad pleading eyes of the girl sitting in front of him. He sighs in defeat and agrees to do so, but tells Alyssa she has to come with him. "How about we do some research first, and then after we've gained a little insight of our own, we'll go talk to my mom?

 

"Justin," Rachel turns to her cousin, "when was the last time you talked to your mom? You two were so close. You cant let all of this come between you." She ties to talk to him about it. "Like Alyssa pointed out, Olivia even told said that your mother has a right to be bitter. Maybe after some time, she'll be able to move on, obviously not become best friends with her, but at least accept the fact that Olivia is apart of our lives, your life. Just talk to her, get things back to the way they were."

 

"I'll consider it." Justin jumps up to signal his end in the conversation. "What do you say to us going to get the other two and checking out this shop that Alyssa knows about? Where are the other two anyway?"

 

"Outside, cleaning." Rachel shrugs but Justin's eyes widen as he laughs at the thought.

 

"Trace? Cleaning? I had to threaten him just to get him to come over this morning to 'help' and now he's out there on his own?" This his face contorts to suspicion. "What did you do?" He asks Rachel.

 

"We didn't do anything..." she wrinkles her face and gives a guilty look. "We may have suggested that Olivia is manipulating us, that she's the reason Cara went all crazy this morning and then there's you." She wiggles her eyebrows with a smirk. "He wasn't not willing to listen to he went out there and Cara joined him."

 

"You, Rachel, never cease to amaze me. You never thought that maybe he would be a little hurt with what may have happened between me and Olivia and then you accusing her of pretty much still being evil?" Justin shakes his head at his cousin who is now bowing her head in shame and guilt. "That's another issue. Let's go get them and get this research started. If there is something going on with Olivia, I want to know what. I personally hope she's just in need of a real long nap."

 

***

 

Back at the apartment, it takes Olivia a few minutes to process the fact that Justin just walked out.She growls in frustration as she stomps around, grabbing clothes and heading to the bathroom for a steamy hot shower. It probably should be a cold one, but she's just not feeling that one.

 

Its not long before she climbs out hot and still furious with the mornings events.

 

"What does a girl have to do to get some around here?" She starts talking to herself. "I mean, seriously, how much longer do I have to keep up this nice girl act? Its not fair. I have all these powers and yet I can't seem to get what I want." She continues to think out loud since no one is in the apartment to listen to her. "I thought boys dug the freaky bad girl, but of course Justin has to be the one guy that wants a nice one. I just don't get it. I get Cara to go off the deep end, pissing everyone, especially Justin, off and then I get Justin back here alone and he starts freaking out  about voices in his head." She growls again, frustrated that she has no one to hit.

 

"I need to get a handle on these powers. Maybe that's what the issue is. I just need to breathe as Justin suggested, take me a nap to rest, and then I'll be at full strength again. Then I can get whatever I want." Her smile would send goosebumps down anyone's spine if they were to walk in at that moment. "I just need to stick around here and work on control and then the others will come running to me. They just can't resist me. This is going to be fun!"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story