Author's Chapter Notes:
I just want to thank those that have left me feedback. It does honestly keep me writing. I'm not sure if there are too many out there reading this, but for those who are I hope you enjoy this. I've gotten about two hours of sleep in the last 48 as I've been running around nonstop, volunteering and helping my sister move. This is what has come out of my sleep deprivation. I hope you enjoy it.

Days have come and gone, bordering on a week, since Justin and Alyssa talked to Lynn. They had gone back to Justin's to give the book another go through. Now that they knew what they were looking for, a spell and potion, something might come up. Lucky for them, it wasn't in some foreign language written in symbols or something. It appeared to be fairly simple, but obviously looks can be deceiving. They tried to mix the ingredients for the potion several times and ended up with failed attempts, some blowing up in the faces, literally. This would be why all potion mixing and spell making has been moved to the outdoors. 

For the first few days, they would continue to work on getting it right as they took turns watching over Olivia. Olivia, on the other hand, was getting extremely annoyed with this. They weren't as stealthy as they thought, not to mention she could read their minds. She  could tell they were up to something dealing with magic. The details were a little fuzzy since they all went out of their way to try not to think about it when around her, only increasing her suspicions. She considered tying them up and beating the truth out of them, but then figured that would be seen as too extreme.

Finally Trace got annoyed with everything. "Don't you think we should let her in on what we are doing? I mean it does affect her. She is the one that has to drink whatever it is you are attempting to brew and everything."

"We just want to make sure we have everything right. She be more willing to work with us on this if we show her it will work." Rachel points out.

"Ever think that she may be the one that  can help. She may be able to help get all your ingredients right and whatever else needs to be done." Trace argues. "We're all trying to do everything we can to keep her from knowing, yet we tend to forget she can read us like a  children's book with really big pictures. She's not stupid. She knows we are up to something, and very well may know what it is already and is just waiting for us to come clean. Ever think that there's a chance that all of this deception may ruin the trust she has for us?"

The others were quiet as they took in Trace's words. Justin is the first to speak up. "You're right. We should have told her. Why don't you all continue with this, and I'll go talk to her? That way if she gets mad and decided to take it out on us, I'll be able to handle a little more of her punch than one of you." Justin cringes at the thought. 

They all agree, except Trace is a little pissed because he knows that Justin will be the one getting the credit for being the honest one instead of him. 

Contrary to Trace's thoughts though, the talk with Olivia went rather well and Justin did give Trace the credit. She had been annoyed that they would try to hide something from her, and didn't want to help with the spell because it could be dangerous for everyone. It was hard but Justin finally convinced her by telling her that it would help everyone in the long run if it kept her in control and out of the looney bin. 

Arriving at Justin's, Olivia gives Trace a hug for talking to the others into coming clean. Not surprising enough though, it isn't long before she has mapped out how the spell would work and what was going wrong with the potion. They were putting the ingredients into the mix in the wrong order. Who knew the order mattered?

"See, I told you she would help!" Trace exclaims as if he had won some bet the others were unaware of.

"Well, Trace, good for you. Would you like a cookie now?" 

"The sarcasm is not necessary, Rachel. Besides, a cookie would be quite nice right now, so feel free to get on with that, extra chocolate chip please." Trace shoots back, earning him the middle finger and an eye roll.

"Alright thats enough!" Justin steps in before the childish behavior got out of hand. "We have the spell, we have the potion, now we just have to put them together. Any particular way this has to go other than 'you drink, we speak'?"

"Just what the book says. You need to say the first of the spell as I'm drinking and the last of the spell after I've taken it all. I say lets get this started and over with. I don't think I can take all of your crazy thoughts and overflowing emotions much longer." Olivia tells him, as she made sure they all stood in a circle, holding a candle and some kind of spice item they had bought, and Alyssa has the book ready to start.

The spell itself only  takes about five minutes to complete. The group though stood by watching to see if they could tell it worked. They were half expecting there to be a show of lights of flashes or something to let them know. Olivia stood in the center of the circle, everyone watching, staring, to see if she does anything. She remains perfectly still as if she were a statue. No one wanted to breathe in fear that it would cause some bad chain reaction like cause Olivia to fall over and crumble to pieces.

Though it is only a mere fifteen minutes, it seems like a lifetime before Olivia makes any movements. She shakes a little as if something has come over her and she's trying to shake loose. Her head drops and then she's still again.

"Olivia?" Alyssa calls out, more and more worried as the seconds pass by.

Olivia moves her head from side to side as if she were trying to pop her neck, and then moves it in a circular motion to loosen up the muscles. Alyssa calls her name out again, hoping to get a response this time. The group remains still as they watch Olivia moving to pop knuckles and bones and to loosen up muscles. She pulls her hands up to look at them as if she hasn't seen them in a while, turning them over several times. Finally she lifts her head a bit, not all the way, but does look up at Alyssa. This makes her uncomfortable. 

"Olivia? Are you okay?"

She finally nods and then goes back to looking at her hands. "Olivia. That's right. I'm Olivia, and my head is not going to explode." Her statements were so simple but weird.

"So, you feel better? Does that mean the spell worked?" Rachel asks smiling.

Olivia finally lifts her head up completely, turning around to look at everyone surrounding her. "I feel wonderful. I'm back in control, thanks to you all."

"We're glad to help. What do you say we get back inside and just chill? There will be nothing done that will require much if any energy at all." Justin suggests with a smile as he walks over to Olivia and hugs her tight.

The group agrees and makes their way into the living room to sit wherever they find comfortable and Justin starts up a movie. Alyssa smiles with relief, knowing that they were able to help Olivia. She looks over at her sister and see that she looking over at Cara and Trace with a weird look on her face.

"Something wrong, Olivia?" She asks.

Olivia smiles and shakes her head. "No, nothing's wrong. Just thinking and wondering about a few things."

"What's on your mind?" Justin sits back down beside her.

"I'm just curious about some things." She starts as she still continues to look at Cara and Trace, making them extremely uncomfortable, but she does look away a couple of times to look over at Alyssa and Rachel. "How is it that you all have not killed each other yet?"

The question catches everyone a little off guard. "Excuse me? What is that suppose to mean?" Cara asks defensively.

"Hey, don't get all defensive on me. You wanted to know, and I told you. I can explain more." Olivia stands up and starts to walk around to stand behind the couch that she had previously been sitting on, now able to see everyone easily. "You, Cara, have been in love with our boy wonder, Justin, here for forever now" She runs her fingers over Justin's head, "yet you make a point not to go after him. Then I come along, and you want to play Ms. Jealousy and hate me for gaining his attention so quickly. It kills you to think that if I wanted him, I could have him." 

"Olivia! What the hell?!" Alyssa yells out, seeing Cara holding back tears.

"And Trace, you have been attracted to me since day one. You can't help but find yourself drawn to me. I'm some badass chick thats able to fight and kill anyone I come across. You fear me, yet you want to have your way with me." She smirks as she looks over at Trace's now extremely red face. "You never approached me though. In fact, instead you did the opposite. You hit on every other girl that came around." She shakes her head at him, making a 'tsk' noise, as if she were scolding a child. "It must kill you to know that Justin had his chance with me, and then turned it down. He got to see parts of me that you only see in your dreams. Ever hate him for being the super-being that he is? Of course you do." She winks at him.

"Justin, Justin, Justin," she continues to rub his head as she smirks. The others are watching him with a little shock and feelings of betrayal as he just sits there without standing up and defending his friends' honor. She bends down over the back of the couch so her lips are barely touching his ears. "You, on the other hand, have seen me as only a friend, a confidant in a way. Deep down you know you want me though, you just fight it because it would be wrong." She looks over at Trace and Cara and she leans a little more and licks his jaw just under his ear and then bites his ear lobe. Justin's eyes close as a wave of desire rushes over him.

"Justin, what is wrong with you?!" Rachel says through her clenched teeth. "Don't you think this is a little rude and uncalled for?"

"Aw, my Justin, here loves it." Olivia walks back around and sits on his lap as his arms wrap around her waist. "If I want him to love it, he will."

"That's dirty." Alyssa is pissed.

 

The evil smirk on her face tells the others that she does not care at all what they think. "Fine, if you think its unfair for me to take Justin, then what about you, Cara?" Olivia rolls off of Justin's lap, but he leans over and starts kissing on her neck. "What would you like?" She asks but Cara doesn't answer. She just closes her eyes tightly so she doesn't have to watch Justin like this. "Would you prefer him to be in love with you? I can make him lust after you. I'll never tell you how he truly felt about you before, but you'll have him loving you and showering you praises for the rest of your lives. Is that what you want?" Olivia asks and then turns her head to whisper something to Justin. 

The next thing everyone sees is that Justin jerks away from Olivia as if she had poked him with a hot iron. He stands up quickly and then approaches Cara and kneels down on the floor in front of where she is sitting. "Oh, Cara, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me. I've loved you for so long, and I was so stupid to ever let you go. Please take me back. I want to hold you in my arms, tell you how much I love you, and then make love to you all night." Cara's eyes widen in shock but then immediately fill with tears of pain. She's wanted to hear this for so long and now he's only doing so because of some stupid power is forcing him to.

"Stop this, please," she she begs Olivia as tears fall down her cheeks. Justin wipes them away and leans up to kiss her cheeks, trying to sooth her. "Please stop," her sobs are borderline hysterical.

"Stop this now!!" Rachel demands, tears in her own eyes for her friend. "Why are you doing this?"

"Isn't this what you all wanted? Me back to normal, in control. Cara should be ecstatic. She's getting what she wants, Justin." She shrugs nonchalantly. "Alyssa you should be thrilled. You have learned the magics quickly. Granted you couldn't figure out a simple energy potion, but hey practice makes perfect right?" Her laugh sent chills down everyone's spine. "What's wrong? You starting to realize that maybe I was wrong about you. You are cut out for this magic crap. You just wish. Speaking of wishing..." Olivia has now stood up and moved to in front of Rachel.

She stands right in front of her, looking down at her, seeing the fear in her eyes. By this time, Olivia has stopped her manipulation over Justin. He seems to be in a faze over what he had just done, but is trying to shake himself out of it as he tries to console his sobbing friend. He did watch Olivia closely, making sure she did nothing to physically hurt his friends as he tries to figure a way to get her to stop mentally torturing them.

"You, Rachel, have kept me amused." Olivia states with a big smile. "All of your excited interest in our kind. You are always thrilled to hear about a new power or ability and can't wait to see it in action. You were so nice to me and so quick to take me in, almost impatient to hear what I can do. I believe there was a touch of jealousy when you found out that Alyssa has a bit of demon strength in her and then the whole witch thing. You must hate that." Olivia leans down to be eye level with her and places her hands on both arms of the chair that Rachel is sitting in. "You wish you could be like us so bad. You're willing to put your life in danger. Do you think it will change things? That I'll be able to make you one of us if you say 'please' real nice?" Olivia laughs. "Well, how about we test something out." She stands back up straight. She looks around and sees a candle from earlier still lit across the room. She waves her hands towards it and the next thing anyone sees is that Olivia is holding fire in her palm. Fear increases dramatically inside of everyone, especially Rachel. "The test is this: I will use one of my powers on you, and if you survive it I'll make sure that you get a little power of your own. You game?"

Rachel's eyes grow huge and her heart races and her breath catches. She is finding it extremely hard to breathe at all as she fears for her life. As she watches Olivia toss a fire ball back and forth between her hands, she feels herself coiling up in the chair as if she could make herself disappear. Seconds pass by and Rachel doesn't move or speak, along with everyone else. Fearing that any movement could set Olivia off, therefore hurling the fire towards their friend.

Olivia moves in a blur and within a nanosecond Rachel is swept up from her chair and is not standing in front of her, an arm wrapped tightly around her shoulders, careful not to choke her too soon. 

"Well, Rachel, I do believe I need an answer," Olivia tells her in a teasing voice. "Don't you want to be one of us?" Rachel closes her eyes and tries to take a deep breath as she slowly shakes her head. "I actually have some ideas. Do you think if I bite you, I will transfer my abilities like a venom?" She moves towards her neck, but before she bites she pulls away quickly and laughs. "Nah, that probably won't work. That's one of your vampire myths. How about this?" She extinguishes the fire and hold her hand out, palm up. "Addo mihi a validus versica." After the words were spoken, a large knife appears out of nowhere. She holds it to Rachel's throat. "I can drain you of some of your blood and replace it with some of mine. No, wait! I got it. I can drain you of all of your blood. You die, and then we can have Alyssa here bring you back as a demon. What do you think about that?"

Rachel whimpers in fear. She is scared out of her mind.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear that. Could you speak up? You up for trying out my idea?"

"No," comes out in a quiet squeak.

Justin finally stands up and moves towards Olivia. "That's enough! I don't know what is going on, but apparently we were all wrong about you. Leave her alone!" He demands with a scary look on his face, one that would probably scare anyone, except Olivia.

Olivia, instead, chuckles. "That's so cute, Justin. You playing hero and everything. What are you going to do?"

"Leave her alone!" he demands again. He moves towards Rachel to help her out, hoping to pull her away from Olivia without getting her hurt.

Before he could make it, Olivia throws her arm up stopping his movement. "nuh, uh, uh" she says as if she talking to a small child. "Wait your turn, hero." she hits him in the chest, and Justin flies across the room and slams into the wall, leaving a large hole when he falls to the ground.

 She smiles as she turns her attention back to Rachel. "I think I'm going to want you to run a little. Its more fun when they run, plus a nice exercise, keeps my cardio agoing." She jokes as she pats her own chest in a thumping beat. "I think I want all of you to run. If you want, I can yell 'Marco' as you answer 'Polo'. I heard that was a fun game." 

Olivia turns a bit to move away from Rachel when she felt an electric current go through her. It caused her to jolt a bit. She turns back to where she had thrown Justin and there he was standing with his arms held out. She just rolls her eyes.

 

"You know that doesn't hurt me. I'm too powerful for that." Olivia throws her head back. "See, that's the thing. All of this power was taken for granted. Someone who is as powerful as her, should never be associated with humans and half-breeds. She had so much, yet she gave it all away because she fell in love. Then she runs away from what was the best life ever, to be on the run. She ran from everything. She was the most powerful demon ever, destined to be great, but she didn't want that. She wanted to love, love from a human." The disgust is obvious in her tone.

Justin puts his hands down some, confusion covering his face. "She?"

"Yeah. You're beloved Olivia Haywood." She answers as she looks at everyone's confused faces. "Aw, you see, I'm not Olivia. I'm actually Kalina. Your precious Olivia is gone, and I must thank you all for that. If it weren't for your running her into the ground I never would have been able to do it." She smiles evilly at them.

"What...why...how?" Trace stutters with fear.

"Your precious Olivia captured me several decades ago. She was going to kill me, but her brother thought it'd be more fun to torture me instead. I have, or had, this great power to be able to see whoever I wanted to see. If I just thought about a certain person, I could see where they were and what they were doing. It comes in handy when you are on the run, but she somehow found a way to cloak herself." She was now pacing as she watches everyone closely. "They locked me in a very small dungeon cell where I've been since then. If they ever wanted to know something from me, her brother would take great pleasure in torturing it out of me. After time, I just started giving it to them when they asked. I couldn't take the pain anymore." She shrugs as she starts swinging the knife around in her hand.

"Interesting enough, about ten years ago, I hear the most surprising news of my life. Olivia had fallen in love with a human. She was willing to give up everything for him. Even better, her brother killed him." She was ecstatic with this fact. "She never forgave him for that. Instead she turned her back on her family and ran. That's when I got the idea that I would keep an eye on her. I figured if I could switch bodies with her, I could come back as her and the family would take me in, and then I could live the life she was meant to have." She continues to explain as everyone else stay silent and completely still as they listen. "I always failed though. You see, she was too strong. I could never get control over her. Then you all became a part of her life. This is my favorite part." Her statement chills the room.

"She starts out unbelievably strong. She keeps to herself and watches over you all at night. Then came the training of Justin which wasn't too bad on her. She'd sleep during the day and then train with you in the evening as she continued to watch over everyone during the night. Then she began to want you all to see her as more normal, and most of all help Alyssa out. She really felt bad about taking so much without giving back." Kalina rolls her eyes. "She got a job. She worked during the day so she could help pay for things, and to be able to spend more time with Justin. So it was the job in the day instead of resting, training at night with doubled since everyone wanted in on it, spells with Alyssa, and then watchdog at night. She had no time to sleep, no time for rest. Her strength started to quickly crumble. She was losing control, and it was my time to take advantage of it." Kalina is so proud of herself and what she was able to do. "I was able to switch us, but the problem was I was suffering from what she had been, lack of sleep leading to lack of control, but then here you guys come along once again to help out. You cleared my head, restored my strength and energy, and now I'm what I had been hoping to be for so long." She holds her hands out wide for all to see her. "I'm Olivia Haywood."

"She'll stop this. She won't let you keep her body. If you have her powers, that means she has yours and she can see what you are doing. She will switch you all back." Alyssa tells her, hoping if she said it out loud, it would help her believe it more.

Kalina just laughs. "I do love how you humans hold so much hope in a better world, always hope for the best in everything. You want to hear the best part of all of this thought? All your hopes and wishes and everything else got me here, and got me what I want so you all just keep on hoping." She laughs loudly. "I'm going back as Olivia, I'm going to convince the family that I've come to terms with my mistakes and I understand the reason for doing what they did. I'm back and as powerful as ever. How will I prove that? I'm going to kill that pesky Kalina that's been harbored away in the dungeon. I hope you don't miss your friend too much." 

The group is unable to move, much less speak, as they watch Olivia, or really Kalina, leave quickly without another word. Their world had been turned upside down in a matter of a couple of hours. Just a few days ago they had all been worried for their friend, and just in a few hours they had lost her completely. She had been gone for a few days but they had not been aware of it. They should have known something more was going on. None of them were familiar with typical demon behavior, so none of them knew what to expect but they all still felt guilty for Olivia's disappearance and really shaken up by the events that just passed with Kalina.

They have no idea how to get the real Olivia back, but they did know they would find a way and they would get her back, and when they do there will be no more taking her for granted and no more taking advantage of her. Olivia is their friend, not their fun shiny toy that does really cool stuff. They had to get her back!

Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think. It does help me figure out if you like it or if I need to just quit or where I need to take this story. My mind works in crazy ways. With one simple statement or suggestion, it can go in a completely different way that I had originally thought up. I really hope you enjoyed it though!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story