Yelling and screaming is echoed throughout the whole building and everyone is on edge. Each one wanted to kill the prisoner, but they have all been given strict instructions not to. 

"Would someone please come down here and listen to me!"

The door that leads to the cells flies open with a large crash and shakes the walls a bit. "What do you want, Kalina? We have already told you that you are not getting out and the only reason you are still alive is because the order has not been given...yet." The guardsman yells at her.

"If you would just listen to me, you would now that I am not Kalina!" She yells back. "I'm Olivia, one of those people that gives you orders. I order you to let me out. I have been here for days and you all refuse to listen to me."

"Do you think that just maybe it has something to do with the fact that you've pulled this stunt several times? We know its you, Kalina, and this is really getting old. Don't make me put a muting spell on you." The threat seems to quiet her for a moment.

With satisfaction, the guard smiles and then turns to go back out.

"Wait! Go get , Alexander! He'll know its me, and that something is up. If Kalina is out there in my body, with my powers, don't you think Alexander should know?" Olivia asks.

He pauses and slowly turns back. His smile is now a glare. "I don't care who you want us to think you are, you never refer to him by his name. You do not get to talk to him unless he wishes to talk to you. You know that batter than anyone. Now, shut your mouth before I shut it for you." The guard leaves and slams the door shut behind him.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," she groans to herself. She falls on the makeshift bed she has in the cell. "How the hell did I become Kalina." She rubs her temples trying to soothe her headache. Every time she would start to think about something or someone, pictures would start flashing through her mind. She tries to focus, keep her mind on one person at a time. She has to know that her friends are still safe. She focuses on Justin, hoping he has them al together, watching over them. "Please tell me that they know the truth. She's not me, and she's dangerous." She mumbles to herself. She sees the struggle between the group and feels herself growing furious when she sees herself holding Rachel with a knife to her throat. "I have to get out of here!" She yells out as she goes back to fight with the bars. 

She fights through the night to try to loosen or break the bars or find some kind of way out even though she is very aware of her inability to escape. She and her brother built this cage along with the others to keep anyone from getting out, including the strongest and the most powerful. 

She continues to fight, hoping she finds a weakness. She continues to yell hoping someone out there will listen to her. How did she go from the one everyone fears to cross to the one that everyone laughs at and throw punches at? People would follow her with no questions asked, and now not one of them will even listen to her.

A couple of days pass and she spends it by trying to bend bars, trying to punch through walls, and keeping tabs on her friends and also Kalina. Lucky for her, as soon as Kalina switched their bodies out, she lost the cloak that was keeping Kalina's powers from seeing her. She is on her way back to where Olivia is now. This can't be good. She had to get to these people before she did. 

"Guards! Guards!" She starts yelling out, trying to get them to come back down to talk to her. "Guards! Guards!" The door slams open again, this time a very large demon walked through the door. "Aw, Fineas, good to see you are still loyal to the family, and spiny as ever." She smiles as she looks at the spiny skin he has.

"What do you want, Kalina?" He asks with a bored look.

"I want to talk to Alexander."

"Do not refer to him by his name. He's above you, slave." He crosses his arm to show his seriousness. "And why would I go get him for you? So you can annoy him with your banging around and yelling?"

"No, its because I've finally located his sister for him. Don't you think he'd want to know?" She sees him considering her statement.

"You're lying again. You always say you know where she is and you always send the soldiers on a stupid pointless chase that just ends up pissing him off."

"I know where she is. Her cloak has fallen. Do you want to be the one responsible for not letting him know valuable information?" Olivia raises her brows in a challenge. "I suggest you get him down here now." The demand is clear in her tone.

Fineas takes a minute to consider it, weighing the pros and cons in case she is lying again. He finally nods and moves to the door. "I'll talk to him and see what he wants to do, but you remember the last time. He promised unbelievable pain and torture and eventually a very painful death to you the next time you lie about Olivia. Are you sure you want to risk that?" He smiles with arrogance.

"Go get him!" She orders. "You might want to hurry, too!" She yells at him as he walks out the door and slams it behind him to make a point.

It is hours before Olivia hears the door open again and this time hears several pairs of footsteps coming down the stairs and the short hallway to approach her. She sees her brother in the lead with three of his minions, the nicest word she has for them, following him, each holding a fun weapon of choice.

"Well, Kalina, I've heard that you have finally broken through my sister's cloak. I doubt it since I know how powerful she is, but I'm interested in hearing your story nonetheless because you know the consequences of another pointless chance." Alexander moves up to the cage and reaches out to brace himself as he leans against it. "Personally, I'm hoping you are lying to me just so I can follow through with my promise."

Olivia rolls her eyes. "Seriously, bro, you need to get a new act." 

"Excuse me?" He pushes himself off the bars but steps up closer to intimidate his prisoner. "I'm sorry, did you have something to say to me?"

"Yeah, you need to find other ways to get yourself off. No suitable girl for you yet?" Olivia pushes his buttons.

He quickly and easily reaches through the bars and grabs her by her throat. As Olivia struggles for air, she has to remind herself that she's not as strong in this body, and this is not the way to win him over. "Is this 'new' enough for you?" He growls with distaste.

"Alexander, please," she continues to struggles for air as she grips at his hand, trying to loosen his grip. At the sound of his name, he does just that. "I know where you sister is."

"Where?" His anger and impatience is strong. 

"You have to believe me when I tell you this." Olivia stares at him for a moment as she watches her brother's annoyance grow and decides to just tell him. "I'm your sister. It's me, Olivia. Kalina switched our bodies and she's on her way here. She wants revenge on both of us, especially me." She rolls her eyes again at the last part. Its always me they want revenge on. "If you don't stop her, she'll kill me and probably even you. She wants to take over, and with my powers she could do so. You have to trust me."

"I really am tired of this act." He groans. "Besides, you haven't been able to see through her cloak for this long, so how am I supposed to believe that you can, all of a sudden, see through it now?"

"That's what I'm saying. She's not as aware of everything as I am in my body." Olivia feels her annoyance level overloading. Within a second, her pleading look turns into one of curiosity. "I do have to ask though. Why are you using Kalina to look for me, when you know that you can find me very easily with her powers? Why didn't you just kill her and then find me yourself?"

Alexander rolls his eyes. "That's enough Kalina! I'm over this whole act. If you want to die, just say so. I'll take care of that right now."

"I'm not Kalina!" She yells.

"Of course you are. Who else would you be?" Two heads whip around towards the new voice in the room. 

Olivia sees herself standing in front of her, and scoffs when she sees the outfit she is wearing. "I would never wear that!" She exclaims to her brother as if that should be the deciding factor for him to believe.

Kalina looks down at her outfit. She sees a very low-cut mid-drift that shows off her curvy chest and very flat stomach. Then on down farther is her short skirt to barely cover her butt and tall boots to cover her feet and her calves. Kalina holds her arms out in show. "I can see why you wouldn't. You could never look this good in this outfit, Kalina." She smiles as she stresses the name. Turning to Alexander who is now looking at her with shock. "It's me, big bro. Happy to see me again?"

"What are you doing back here?" He asks. "I didn't think we'd ever see you here again."

"Well, I didn't think I would ever come back, but as you see, I've changed my mind. After time to think and me missing my life, I decided it was time to come back. Enough moping over a stupid human. You were right, it was doomed from the start anyway, you were just doing me a favor. I see that now. I'm tired of this, I'm ready to get back to who I'm really meant to be, and I say I start with killing this whiney bag of wind." She points towards Olivia in the cage.

Alexander looks at his sister and then to person standing behind the bars. "I'm up for it. I'm getting tired of her anyway."

Kalina walks over to stand against the bars to look Olivia straight in the eyes, but speaks to Alexander. "After we take care of this pest, I have a few more in mind that could prove to be fun for us. I know where two half-breeds, one being a witch, and three humans that have grown quite attached to me. They won't even see it coming." She smirks.

"Humans are boring but the half-breeds could be fun, especially a witch." Alexander agrees.

"The half-breeds will be more fun if you kill the humans first. They are fond of them and would do anything to protect them. The non-witch one can also be more satisfying as the one-that-got-away." Kalina raises her eyebrows at Olivia, challenging her to speak up.

"One-that-got-away. I don't let them get away." Alexander claims and waves off the thought. He tells his sister that he's in. He would love to get back into the game with his sister, most especially since he's gained more powers since she left.

Olivia silently pleads with Kalina not to do this to her friends. She didn't care what they ended up doing to her, but her friends were all innocent in this. If it hadn't been for her need to stick around, this never would have happened and now her friends are in danger of her brother and someone who swears revenge on her.

Kalina leans more towards Olivia to keep Alexander from hearing. "The best part of all of this is the fact that your friends are on their way here to save you. Which will make it even easier on us to kill them. I think we'll keep you alive just long enough to see that happen."

Olivia leans forward, also, and smirks at Kalina. "Want to hear the best part of all of this?" Kalina doesn't answer but just glares as she waits to hear what Olivia has to say. "Alexander can hear just like I can. He's almost as good at it as I am. You are nearly strong or skilled enough to keep him out. He'll catch on to you really fast. Try not to think too much. "She teases as she pulls away and laughs. 

Kalina growls as she storms away, slamming the big door behind her exit. Olivia just laughs even harder, looking over at her brother to see the suspicious look on his face. "Man, she is having some issues. She may want to control that rage. Maybe you could do that for her. Feel free to get inside her mind and see what's really wrong with her." Olivia says, hoping her brother will take her suggestion and see that she isn't really who she claims to be.

Alexander just gives her a simple look but leave without a word.

Olivia just huffs in frustration as she throws herself down on her makeshift, crappy excuse for a bed. She starts to think about her friends and wonders if Kalina is telling the truth about them coming to their world. It wouldn't be safe for them under normal circumstances, and these are worse circumstances. She concentrates hard so she can picture them in her mind, see what they were doing exactly.

***

"We have to do something. We can't just sit around and wait for whoever that was to kill the real Olivia." Alyssa demands. "Olivia was, is, our friend. She was doing everything she could to help us out, and because of us she is now in danger. We owe it to her to help her."

"What do you suggest we do?" Cara ask with an attitude. "We can't just walk up to wherever and demand to have her back. If they want to kill her, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't hesitate at all to kill us too. These people, demons, things, whatever or whoever they are have been looking for her for years, and now they have her. What makes you so sure we can do anything to get her back?"

"We have to try. I have to try. I'm not going to just sit around here and do nothing." Alyssa stands up, and grabs the book they had gotten from the shopkeeper. "I'll find a way." She leaves the house in fury and goes back to her apartment.

"I'm not saying I don't want to help her, but I don't see what we can do. We're human." Cara tells Justin, making sure he knew she isn't just wanting to get rid of Olivia.

"I know. Alyssa is just really upset right now. How about you all go home and get some sleep? Its been a long and difficult night for us all." Justin says and not to his surprise, they all agree with him without a fight.

Justin makes his way to his bedroom slowly and gets dressed for bed, but he can't get his mind of Olivia. He can't help but feel guilty. He saw the signs, he knew there was something wrong, but he didn't do anything about it. He continued to push her. He saw that she was getting tired, but he didn't insist on her taking it easy and resting. Instead he just went along with her stupid sessions and helping her work with the others and whatever else came up. He had no idea she was even staying up through the night to make sure all was safe around them. He should have known, and he should have stopped it all. Olivia drained herself for them, and she didn't complain. She should have said something! 

He feels himself getting pissed at Olivia for not saying anything to any of them. They could have helped her, before she got to her breaking point. But instead of talking to them, she allowed herself to get weak, to lose control, to lose herself to someone else. What was she thinking?!

He yells out in frustration, anger, and mostly fear for his friend. He puts his sweatpants and t-shirt back on and slides his feet into a pair of sandals before grabbing his keys and leaves his house. He drives himself to Alyssa's and it only takes him seconds to see that her lights are still on.

He quickly parks his truck and makes his way to her front door. He needs these answers just as much as she did. They have both grown greatly attached to Olivia, and they could not lose her, not now, not ever. He knocks on her door, and she doesn't take long to answer and let him in.

"I can't sleep. I need to know what we can do to help. If going to get her is our best option, then I'm in. We can go without the others. We have a better fighting chance for all of us." Justin says, knowing he can't put anymore of his friends in danger than he has to. "Have you found anything?"

"I actually did. There's a spell that can help us locate her. It also mentions being able to help locate and enter demon dimensions. If she's there, we can use a spell to help us find it and get to it. It does require demon blood though, pure demon blood. We'll need your mom's help. Think she'd agree?" Alyssa's face didn't show that she had much faith in a positive answer.

"No, but there are ways of getting it without asking. She may accidently cut herself." He shrugs. "Let's hope for this world though, first." 

Alyssa nods and tells him what they have to do to work the locating spell. With the two working together, it doesn't take them long to get the needed supplies and to get started on the spell. She says a few words and lights a few candles as she adds a few things into a mix. She repeats the words several times. Justin starts to doubt that it will work, but he starts to see lights moving around him and suddenly a book flies at them and opens on the floor in front of them as the light shines on a page.

There in front of them was a map of some other dimension, one that didn't look so welcoming, and on the map there was a very mall light shining. This is where they would find their friend.

"Demon dimension it is." She scrunches up her face.

"How about we rest for tonight since we know where she is and how to get us there? I'll get to my mom tomorrow." He says as he stands up, but he doesn't remove his eyes from the page in the book. His stomach is not very calm, and he doesn't know how they will pull this one off.

"Want to stay here for the night so you don't have to drive back? It will probably make sneaking away to another dimension a little easier." Alyssa smiles, trying to ease the tension. "You can sleep in Olivia's bed."

Justin nods without a word and just turns to go to his bed for the night. He had to stay strong, he had to make this work, he had to get Olivia back.

Alyssa blows out the candles, puts away the books, except the one with the needed map, and goes to bed herself. Just before she gets her door closed, she hears Justin whisper a quiet thanks before he shuts his own door. She was going to get Olivia back, if its the last thing she does.

It is not a very restful night for either one. Alyssa can't shake the bad feeling she was having. She tries to think about what they will do to get to Olivia and what they will do as soon as they do. She then tries to think happy thoughts of flowers, butterflies, and whatever else to bring on sleep but she could only find herself barely dozing. 

She groans in frustration as she rolls over and sees the annoying red lines screaming out 3:57 am to her. She closes her eyes and tries the only thing she has left, meditating. Olivia told her that breathing and clearing one's mind will help with focus and strength, and she is hoping that her advice will help in finding enough peace to at least get some sleep.

She makes herself comfortable and just closes her eyes and starts with deep breaths. She only concentrates on her breathing, trying to to clear her mind. she breathing for for about fifteen minutes when she finds herself starting to doze again, but this time she doesn't fear of waking up. She lies back down and just continues her breathing and keeping her mind clear. It isn't long before she is asleep.

Alyssa, I need you to hear me. Please listen to me. You cannot come to me. Do not search for me. It is not safe for you or anyone else. They know you are coming, and they will kill you. Do not come for me. Do not come for me. Do not come for me.

Alyssa shoots up in her be, gasping for air, and covered in sweat. Her door flies open, and Justin rushes over to her bedside.

"Are you okay? I heard you yelling out, and I was worried something happened." He tells her, and notices that she is sweating and her face is covered with fear. "What's wrong? Something is wrong. What is it?" He is working himself up, and keeps asking because he is almost afraid to hear the answer.

Alyssa is still trying to slow her breathing. "Olivia," she whispers, which catches Justin's attention immediately, "she...she was telling....she was telling me that we can't go to her. That they know we are coming and they will kill us."

"Olivia told you this? How?" Justin questions.

"I having trouble sleeping." She has now gotten control over her breathing again and tells Justin what exactly happened.

"Wow. How did she know we were going to come? How did she get into your head?" Justin asks, more to himself. "That girl never ceases to amaze or surprise me each and everyday." Alyssa catches the small smile that appears on his face, but it fades quickly into a sad frown. "If we can't go to her, then how are we supposed to get her back. If Olivia is as strong as I think she is, the other girl will be too with her body and her powers. How are we supposed to fight that and get our Olivia back." Justin jumps up and starts pacing.

"We will figure something out. I'm sure there is something in that crazy book in there. Go to bed. We need to get some rest if we are going to be worth anything at all. We'll figure it out." Alyssa tries to assure herself as she does the same for Justin. She just hopes that they can figure something out and figure it out really soon, before its too late.


Incomplete
crestbaby is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Genes V. Intentions also liked 98 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story