"I just don't understand why you won't go back. If you keep running, they will keep following and more innocent bystanders will pay the ultimate price just because you feel like sticking it to your parents."

"Whatever. I don't need this from you." Olivia groans as she stands up from the couch she was previously sitting on. She starts to walk to the bedroom. "If you don't want me to stay here then all you have to do is tell me. I understand. I'll be gone within the hour." 

Olivia starts throwing clothes into her bag. It will not take long for her to get all of her things collected because she does not have much. She can't allow herself to have too much. When someone is on the run, one must keep it light. It allows her to get everything and get out without wasting much time. Olivia has had years of experience in this area.

"I came here because I thought you'd understand. I guess I was wrong." It is obvious that she is upset with this, but there is nothing she can do about it. "I was just hoping that, out of all the people out there, Alyssa, you would understand how dad is."

Alyssa starts to laugh but it lacks any humor in it. "How would I know how he is? I don't know him. I just know what I've heard through stories."

"Oh don't go sounding all bitter on me. You're the lucky one." Olivia rolls her eyes.

"I'm the lucky one, huh? I never realized that not having a father around made me lucky. Don't tell me not to be bitter, Olivia." Alyssa's agitation level is increasing more and faster as this conversation continues. "I didn't even know you existed until you showed up at my front door a month ago. You are full of all these stories about how your dad cheated on your mother with my mom. You fell in love at the age sixteen, and your parents had the 'love of your life' killed because they didn't approve of him. Does this sum it up?"

"If you don't want to believe me, then don't. I don't care. I'm going, and I won't bother you anymore." Olivia grabs her bag and heads towards the door. She has a slight stomp in her step. "It is all true though. My parents did have him killed. They keep sending their soldiers after me to bring me back. I don't want to go back. I can't go back to them and to who I was when I was with them."

"Olivia, please don't leave like this. I don't want you to just run out. It is just hard for me to believe all of this." Alyssa tries to get her to understand. 

"I know, but you said yourself when I showed up and told you who I was that you knew I wasn't lying. That there was some kind of connection you felt immediately. Use that connection and know that I am not lying." Desperation is obvious in her tone.

"What if it is all true? What am I supposed to do? Allow you to stay here until one of these soldiers find you and then kills me to get to you, only so you can run away again?" The mocking is not appreciated, but she does have a point.

Olivia leaves her bag at the door, and grabs onto Alyssa's arm to pull her to the couch. She tries to explain the story again and then tried to assure her half-sister that no harm will come to her. She will be protected with Olivia's life.

"Besides dad would not have you killed. You are his daughter after all." Olivia states, hoping to calm Alyssa. She decides it best to leave out the fact that no one besides her and their father know about Alyssa, so that doesn't guarantee someone else wouldn't kill her. 

The two spend the rest of the night talking about what they each have done with their lives. Olivia sharing what it was like to be with her family for the first part of her life and now running from that same family. Alyssa explains the hardships she went through, not having a father of any kind in her life, mother struggling to make ends meet, and how many times she has prayed to have her father come back for her. This is the most they have talked in the whole month that Olivia has been here, all put together. 

Olivia tends to be stand-offish, and Alyssa tends to be a little resentful about Olivia being the daughter that their father wanted. Now that they have finally talked over stuff, they are a little more sympathetic towards the other. 

"Well I'm going to go out, walk around. Need anything while I'm out?" Olivia stands up and walks to the door, stopping for Alyssa's answer. 

"No, but don't you think it is a little dangerous to go out in the middle of the night, by yourself? Why don't you just stay here, go to bed, and get some sleep?"

"You worry too much. You forget who you are talking to. I won't get hurt." Olivia chuckles a little at her statement. "If you think of anything you may need, I have my phone." With this Olivia leaves her half-sister behind to worry about her. 

*******

It is 2:15 in the morning, about four hours after Olivia left Alyssa's apartment. She has been walking around town, seemingly in pointless circles. She continues to make her way down random roads or paths. To most of the people she has passed by, it just seems as if she is walking around aimlessly, but she is really watching all of her surroundings. She has to make sure that no one has followed her here or will be following her back. It may have taken a month but she enjoys being around her sister. It is someone that she can talk to about her life without being looked at like she is crazy. She does not want to run again, especially so soon. 

She is thinking about what all she could do if she is not found and is able to start a new life here. She starts picturing jobs she may have, the house she would live in, people should would hang out with, and she starts to picture the car she would drive when she hits what feels like a wall.

"Oh shit. That hurt like fucking hell." She curses as she stumbles back a couple steps while grabbing at her head. She starts to shake it off and feels that her left shoulder could be slightly bruised.

"Sorry. I was in a hurry to get somewhere. I didn't see you coming around the corner." The wall talks. "Are you okay?"

She looks up from her shoulder and see that her wall is actually a six foot hottie. His hair is very short with a slight curl to it. He stands tall with confidence and his face is covered with a look of concern, concern for her. This is something she is definitely not used to.

She shake off her thoughts. "I'm fine. I wasn't paying attention. My mind got away from me." She states absentmindedly as she look him over. 

"Is there anything I can help you with?" He questions her with an amused grin on his face, watching her check him out.

She shrugs with disinterest. "No, not really. You're very strong." She states simply as she looks back up at his face.

"Thanks. I do work out. You aren't all that scrawny yourself. I think I may have a nice mark on my chest where you ran into me." He laughs as he rubs his chest to emphasize his statement. "I'm Justin." He reaches his hand out to her.

"I'm Olivia. I'm sorry if I hurt you." She apologizes as she shakes Justin's hand and then moves to rub his chest. "Are you in much pain?"

"I'm fine. I'm a tough cookie. It's hard to hurt me." 

"That is good to hear. Well I must be on my way." Olivia sidesteps to go around her wall.

"I have to ask," Justin turns to watch her walk away. She pauses to let him ask whatever it is that he wants to know. "What is a lady like yourself doing out this late? It isn't safe to be out alone, especially this part of town."

"You're alone and in this part of town. Are you suggesting you need some help or something?" 

"That's funny." Justin chuckles. "I was wondering if you wanted me to walk with you somewhere?"

Olivia stands there and studies Justin. She tries to see if there is any kind of motive behind his question, maybe wanting to know where she lives. Could this man be working for her parents? He shows up out of nowhere, and he is very strong, stronger than a normal person should be. If he is working for her parents, there is no way she could lead him back to Alyssa's apartment. That would put her in danger, and she won't allow that. She has become Olivia's first real friend. She eventually agrees with the idea that she can take a long way around town. If he is there for her, then he will either make a move against her or he will definitely become extremely interest in very personal things about her. Justin will show his true colors before she makes it back to the apartment.

"Are you lost or are you just enjoying my company so much that you don't want to go home?" Justin teases as they make what seems to be the millionth turn.

"Why would you ask that?"

"Well we've been walking around for over an hour now and I'm pretty sure that this is the third time we have gone down this street." Justin points up to the street sign. 

"I'm sorry. I have been wasting your time." Olivia looks down in shame. Something that, again, is a little new to her. "I've been stalling."

"May I ask why? If you don't want me to walk you home, you can just tell me. I won't follow you or stalk you or anything. I was just wanting to help and maybe ask you for your phone number."

"Why would you want my phone number?"

"So I can call you and maybe ask you out on a date sometime." Justin answers her sheepishly. The confident man turns shy. "I'm still a little curious as to why you have been giving me the run around, literally in a sense. At first I was a little confident that you might some attraction too, but now I feel like you are just trying to get rid of me."

Olivia shakes her head. "No I must be honest. I first started the walk to see if you were working for someone who is trying to hurt me. As the time passed, I saw that you are actually harmless and started to enjoy your company." 

"I wouldn't necessary call myself harmless." Justin smiles at her. "I can hold my own."

"I know. I just meant you are harmless to me. It isn't anything personal. I am sure you are very strong and very intimidating. I just don't believe you can or will hurt me." 

Her answer confused Justin and it showed on his face. "I'm not sure I know what you are saying. You are right. I won't hurt you, but the rest confused me a little."

"I know what you are." She states in a loud whisper.

"What I am? I'm not sure I understand. You know where I work? What I do for a living? What exactly am I?" He questions her, stepping away from her to get a good look at her.

"I know you aren't human." This statement made Justin's eyes widen to the size of large dinner plates as he continued to move farther away from Olivia, looking at her like she were a mental patient.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, but I am human. I'm thinking maybe we should just go our separate ways here. Have a good night." He tells her and turns to walk away, disappearing into the darkness of the night. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story