It has been about a month now since Olivia and Justin have seen each other. Justin is trying to deal with the fact that there is someone else out there that is like him. Someone that may understand what he thinks and feels. He wants to talk to her, but he isn't sure how to go about that. First he has to find her, but if and when he does he is unsure of what he would say. how do you talk to someone that admitted to be an evil demon. What do you say someone that is able to explain things to you without? It's weird to him to know that there is someone out there that understands more about him than he does.  

Justin has been trying to find a way to bring up the topic to his mom also. How does someone start a conversation like this? Should he just show his power and hope she is honest and can explain things? Will she truly be what Olivia told him she would be or will talking about it and showing his mom scare her and cause her to freak out and run away from him? He is so unsure of things. In such a short amount of time, his life has be flipped around to a point of no recognition. He was starting to accept who he is and what he can do, and now Olivia walks in and shakes things up.

Olivia, on the other hand, has been trying to avoid Alyssa. The constant questions are becoming unbearable. She keeps getting dragged on some form of date to read the guys thoughts, see if he's a good one. She is continuously being asked more and more about her powers. She may punch a hold through the wall if Alyssa asks 'what am I thinking?' one more time. She knows that Alyssa means no harm but it is tiring. She's not some circus freak to be exploited. She told her sister in confidence but now she is regretting it. 

Alyssa knows that she is annoying Olivia, but she is still trying to get over the shock of her being a demon, making Alyssa half-demon. She cannot help but wonder what abilities she would have had if she had gotten any out of the affair. Would she be able to read minds or control feelings? Or would she be super strong or super fast? She keeps dragging Olivia along to social events because she wants to get her out more, but it ends up turning into a questioning game of 'what is that boy thinking?' and she feels bad. She truly wants to know more about their father, but is afraid to ask, and tries everything she can to keep from thinking about it while Olivia is around for feat she will read her mind. Her confusion is eating her up inside.

***

"I got it!" Rachel's excited voice is heard throughout the house as she yells upon her entrance.

"You just learned how to barge into people's houses without knocking?" Trace jokes from his spot on the couch, in front of the TV, watching the game.

"No, fucker! Where's Justin?" She asks, looking around and seeing him no where in the living room. Trace points towards the kitchen, in the direction in which she proceeds to yell out for Justin. He walks in with an annoyed glare on his face, asking for her not to yell like that. "My bad, but I can't help it. I came up with a great idea that will help you get the information that you wish to have, and I may get a cool new friend to hang out with."

"What are you talking about?" Justin asks.

"Olivia. Demon girl."

"That's probably inappropriate. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate that." Trace says but still can't help but laugh at the nickname.

"Whatever. I say we have a big cookout and invite all of our friends over. We could eat, drink, and be merry, have a good time and get to know her on a person-to-person level. She can loosen up and get comfortable with us, with you, and then you can get to know each other on a demon-to-demon level." Rachel declares with great satisfaction in herself.

"Sounds good to me. I never turn down an opportunity for bikini-clad girls and alcohol." Trace smiles at the thought.

"You're such a perv." Rachel says and turns back to Justin. "Get the answers you want, the answers you need. Justin, you need this. You can act like you don't care all you want, but we all know that you are wanting to talk to her again."

"She's right. You've been extra sad since you last saw her."

"That's all fine and dandy, but how do you propose to get the invitation to her? None of us know her and I haven't seen her in a month." Justin points out as he turns to go back into the kitchen.

****

"Have you thought about making contact with Justin again?" Alyssa asks as she watches Olivia stare out her bedroom window. "You need to have friends, Olivia. You stay cooped up in here all day, and wander the streets all night. Why don't you get a job? Meet new people and you can either forget about Justin, or possibly run into him again."

"I don't want to make new friends. I can't trust people and they can't trust me. I can never be truly honest about who I am, so there can never be real trust. Besides, I've seen Justin every night since we last talked." Olivia admits never looking away from her window.

"i thought you said you haven't seen him. I just figured that was why you were upset."

Olivia turns to look at Alyssa and rolls her eyes. "No, I believe I said I haven't talked to him. I see him every night. He just hasn't seen me. Its not my fault I'm a much better hunter. His thoughts are very clear on what he wants, and it is not me. He wants to know about his mom and what his friends really think and apparently his cousin thinks I could be really cool, but he doesn't want me around his friends or family. He finds me to be a threat. I don't blame him." Olivia shrugs and goes back to staring out the window. 

"You could try talking to him again. If anything, all these conversations can help you improve your people skills." Alyssa smiles.

"You got jokes, huh? I'll think about it. I'm honestly waiting for him to be sure he wants to see me again."

***

"This is stupid. I shouldn't have brought you out here." Justin tells Trace and Rachel who insisted on following him out this night. "Its dangerous out here at night."

"And you are a great bodyguard. I'm not worried, and we could help. Spread out."

"You don't even know what she looks like." Justin points out with a small smile.

"You have a point. I was thinking since you don't have that great of history with her, maybe we could convince her to come hangout with us." Rachel shrugs and then laughs. "Not to mention, if she does attack, it'll be fun to watch you go all overprotective on her ass." Rachel starts to say something else when she here's something move behind her. 

She jerks around and sees a cat rummaging in a trash can. She chuckles nervously when she turns back to Justin and Trace with a little embarrassment showing on her face. 

"Obviously you two shouldn't have come."

"Hey, don't banish me because baby girl over here is scared of a cat." Trace pokes fun of his friend, receiving the middle finger from her.

Justin shakes his head at their childish antics and begins to walk some more, but stops when he sees someone standing in a shadowy area ahead of them. It has to be Olivia. He starts walking towards her but slows his steps as he gets closer. That is not Olivia. In fact the person is not female. He looks back at Trace and Rachel and signals them to stay behind, and he continues his way towards the shadow. As he approaches, he notices the gun and the knife, one in each hand.

"I must say, boy, you have some big balls. Most people would have walked in the other direction after seeing somebody standing in the dark, yet you come closer to me. You see my gun and knife and you still come closer even though you have none. Do I not scare you?" The guy laughs as he takes a few steps towards Justin. His tattoos are more clear now and according to the ink, he is a member of a very well-known street gang that is known for their ruthlessness. 

"I apologize. I thought you were someone else. I believe we will be going now." Justin says turning to leave, and get his friends to safety. 

"I don't think that will be happening. I've decided I'm bored and you three will be perfect entertainment for me, especially Sweet Thang over there." He smiles towards Rachel.

Rachel is scared out of her mind, but still finds herself wanting to throw up at the thought of this guy touching her in any way. Trace pulls her behind him, shielding her from their sight as if it will make them forget her. Justin looks back at them and blames himself for this. He never should have agreed to let them come with him.

"Please just let us go." Justin asks but knows that it will get him nowhere. "If you are desperate for entertainment, keep me and do as you will, but let them go." He tries to offer with little hope.

"As great as that offer sounds, I doubt you would be much entertainment for me." He laughs. "Besides, who will entertain them?" He waves his hand and five more guys show up, with the same gang symbols tattooed on their skin and all holding a weapon of some kind.

Rachel's gasp of fear can be heard by everyone and works like Miracle Grow on the leader's evil smile. Justin tries to slowly back up towards them, but the leader points his gun out demanding he stop all movement or his friends get the bullet.

"Look, we don't want any trouble. We just want to get home." Justin tries one more time with no success.

"Justin, just take care of them." Trace yells at him. 

Justin's entire body tenses up with the statement. "I won't do it. What if I can't control it? I won't do it unless it's absolutely necessary." He shakes his head and tries to calm himself down.

"What are you fuckers mumbling about?" The leader demands. "You know what, I'm tired and bored of this. Take those two. I believe our fun will start with tying this lad up and letting him watch as we kill the male and have some fun with the female." The orders are made and four of the men move to retrieve Trace and Rachel as the leader and another move to restrain Justin.

"Justin, please!" Rachel's fear is loud and clear through her sobs, screaming as two of the men each grab one of her arms.

"Leave her the fuck alone." Trace yells as he is being pulled away by the other two. "Justin, just do it!"

They are able to separate Trace and Rachel from each other by about ten feet and they are each close to being about 30 feet from Justin. They are all struggling to free themselves as something seems to fall from the sky in the middle of it all. 

"What the hell? Where did you come from?" The leader demands to know, looking at the female turning in circles to check out the situation.

"Olivia!" Justin yells out, hoping she is there to help.

"Olivia? This is just perfect. We were hoping for more entertainment and fun and here you show up. Its not even my birthday." His laugh would send chills down most people's backs.

Olivia stands up straight and stares him down for a few seconds and then nods. "Sorry I didn't come with a bow but here's the thing. This shirt is not mine. I'm borrowing it from my sister, and she will be royally pissed if I mess it up. So what I am hoping is that you will let my friends here go without fight, otherwise I'm going to have to fight back and then things always get messy. Next thing I know, the shirt is stained or torn and then I'm in trouble." Olivia talks as she walks closer to Trace and Rachel, assuming they would need more help than Justin. 

Please don't let anything happen to them. I couldn't bare it. This is all my fault. Justin's thoughts rang loud in Olivia's ears, along with the the pleading thoughts of the other two.

"You seem to be a no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point type of guy, so I'm not going to screw around here. Here's the deal. You let these three go and never mess with them again, or you can not and those guns are going to end up in the most uncomfortable places. I prefer not to go through the second one, because that's where the mess begins." She nods as if she had just stated some simple fact about science or math.

The leader starts to laugh again and his men tighten their grips on everyone. "There's no deal. They will be all dead before you can even think about where you want those guns to go."

"Sure about that?" She questions with a grin of her own.

With a simple nod and shrug from the leader, it isn't seconds before she is standing beside one of the men holding Rachel. Shock is obvious on everyone's face. She throws her arms around the two men's shoulders and leans forward a little to place her chin on Rachel's right shoulder. She could here whimpering and Rachel jumps at the touch.

"Well this is a happy group over here, excellent with the group hugging." She smiles. "I'm feeling like a nice person tonight. I think its something in the air. I'm going to give you one more chance." Olivia stands back up straight. "You let them go and I let you live without guns shoved up your asses. Personally I think thats a fair trade and I suggest you go with it." 

"Fuck off!"

"Fair enough. You do have a right to make your own choices. I just hate that your choice affects so many other people." She states.

Within seconds she has pulled the two men off Rachel and has dislocated at least one shoulder on each of them. In a blur, she moves over to Trace and pulls the men off while pushing Trace towards Rachel to help comfort her. It isn't long before all four men are lying on the ground beat badly and bleeding profusely.

"I'm no doctor, but I'm thinking that these men have lost a lot of blood and will die very soon if you don't get them to a hospital. Not to mention the handguns in their asses cannot be good for their health. I don't think they were very clean, and to be honest, I think a couple of them were loaded." She raises her eyebrows and shrugs.

"What the hell are you?!" The leader has released Justin and moved to point his gun at Olivia now. The other man that was holding Justin has let go and is doing his best to sneak away. 

"I don't think so." Justin yells as he holds his hands up and an electric current looks to shoot out hitting the guy in the leg. 

The man falls to the ground immediately in excruciating pain. 

"Oh wow. That will definitely leave a mark." Olivia laughs walking up to stand beside Justin. "You want him or can I have him?"

"This one is mine." He states, anger seeping out in his voice. 

Olivia throws her hands up in surrender and walks back to Rachel and Trace to check on them, but mainly shield them from seeing their close friend this way.

A loud thump and scream signals that Justin decided to take the first punch, but after that it is all questionable. Olivia did not watch (mainly because she could see every move through his thoughts) but she made sure the other two could not see. She knew what Justin struggled with and he hated the thought of his friends seeing him in this light, and figured she owed him that. She is the reason he made the decision to come out here looking for her.

***

The four decided to move to a safer location which is why they are all sitting around Justin's living room now. Justin has his head bowed and resting in his hands which are propped up by his knees. He can't bare to look at his friends right now. Trace and Rachel seem extremely calm for what just happened to them, but right now he is not going to question it. Olivia is sitting in a chair across the room from everyone. She remains silent as she is being stared at like she was some strange new virus under the microscope. She avoided reading their minds, but she could easily tell what they were thinking by the looks on their faces. They wanted to ask so many questions.

She sighs in defeat and looks down. She knew it was coming, she had just hoped it would have been a lot later. "Go ahead." She looks up at them, gritting her teeth a little, and gives them permission. "Ask away."

"What are you? How long have you known? What abilities do you have? Do you kill people? Can you show us your powers?" The questions come out like a whirlwind. It is like they can't take a breath, afraid she will change her mind and stop them. This is definitely not the reaction she expected out of normal people, but she assumes it is from being friends with someone who has 'special abilities.' 

She sits back in her chair as if the questions were physically pushing her back, blowing her away.

"That's enough." Justin speaks up as he lifts his head. "She came here on her own accord. Don't make her regret that. I'm sure she doesn't want to answer a million questions. Let her answer a few and then leave her alone."

Olivia is thankful and almost wishes that she could project her thoughts like she can feelings so she can let him know that she appreciated that. "I can answer a few, but I do need to get home." She offers politely in hopes this will control everything.

Rachel nods and can barely keep herself form jumping up and down on the couch where she is presently bouncing in her seat. "So you really are like Justin, what are your abilities? Can you shoot electric bolts too? Fireballs? Spikes?" Her eyes are lit up like a small child waiting for her parents to reveal her birthday surprise.

Olivia laughs at this. She knew they would want to know, and assumed they would picture her in a certain way. "No currents, fireballs, or spikes. Sorry. I do have great strength, speed, and agility. I'm a kick ass boxer, and the best archer alive." She really didn't want to go into detail of her powers again at the moment and hopes that the generic stuff works for now.

It seems to even though Rachel looks a little disappointed with the answer. Maybe after some time, she'll reveal her true powers when she's not too worried about how they will react. 

"How long have you've known you were..um, demon?" Trace feels uneasy using this word to describe anyone, especially someone who just saved their lives. "I mean, Justin didn't realize his abilities until he was around thirteen. Is it like a puberty thing?" He asks, causing Rachel to roll her eyes and Justin to groan.

"I've actually known all my life. With both parents being..." she knows they are uneasy with 'demon' so she tries to find another word, "..um..gifted it is hard to not know. They are very open with who they are and they taught me and my brother at a very young age how to control our abilities and to be able to use them. With Justin being only half-gifted, he probably came into them late or maybe just didn't realize what he was able to do. I mean, with no one to guide you, it is hard to tell." She tries not to start up any sore topics.

"Are you parents evil? Are you evil?" 

"Rachel! That is uncalled for!" Justin intervenes. 

"Its okay. Its nice to be around people who are so straight-forward, no secret agendas." Olivia cuts in, trying to ease the tension. "My parents are, i guess what you call evil. They have no care for anyone but themselves, and will do anything to get what they want, usually ending with someone dead. Me and my brother were their pride and joy. They raised us to be like them, but more powerful. We did all of their dirty work. I can't lie, I was not good by any means, but I have changed. Things happened and now I am pretty much on the run and in hiding from the family and do not kill as I did before." She quickly explains, leaving out details, but trying to get enough across so they don't ask and at the same time try to show that she is not in the sharing mood.

"How old is your brother? Is he still evil?" 

Rachel seems to be the only one excited about this. The other two are listening very attentively, but area almost scared to ask anything. 

"My brother is two years older than me." It is the truth but not the whole truth. Is that the same as lying? "Last time I checked he was still evil. I believe he enjoys it too much to turn."

"Well I think thats enough for the night. Sorry about everything." Justin stands up from the couch and faces Olivia who follows suit. "You shouldn't have had to jump in. I'm sure you had no desire to hurt anyone else." Justin sounds as if he is trying to convince himself. "Also, sorry about these two. They seem to have handled tonight rather well and are now full of all kinds of questions that aren't any of their business. I'm sure you need to get home and to bed." He walks her to the door, and opens it for her.

"It really was no problem. I'm glad I could help. You all seem very close and I'm glad nothing happened to them or to you." Olivia reached up to place her hand on his arm in a comforting manner. "You have great friends. They care about you deeply. Don't take that for granted." She gives him a small smile and then turns away.

"Olivia." It comes out as almost a whisper. "I, um, thank you. They mean a lot to me, and I don't know what I would have done if something had happened. Also, thanks for covering for me. I don't like to get that angry and its almost like I can't control myself when I get that way." His face is covered with shame.

She reaches out to him again. "We can talk tomorrow. I think we both need it."

He nods and thanks her one more time before she leaves and he goes to bed to think about everything he wanted and needed to know. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story