Stalk: to follow or observe (a person) persistently; especially out of obsession or derangement

She took a deep breath, her fingers drumming softly against the steering wheel. She had no place to go, she didn't even have a clue as to where she was driving. She came to stop at a stop sign, finally looking around at the neighborhood she was in. She was surrounded by the more expensive houses in Shelby Forest. Justin and Jennen's old neighborhood to be exact. She turned right, the car taking her down the familiar road that led to that familiar cul de sac.

She spotted the Summers old house and the Timberlake house still standing side by side. She wondered if they still lived there. The minute she pulled up closer to the houses she saw one right next to the Summers residence, what caught her eye though was the sign in the front. The wooden sign that said The Timberlakes. It caught her eye and she knew that it was Justin and Jennen's house.

She stopped the car, thanking God for the darkness, hoping no one would see her. Her eyes flitted up to the one room in the house with it's light on. Their kids were gone, Justin had told her of that. She got down from the car, looking around to see if anyone could see her. She didn't even know what she was doing but she just wanted to see him again. She didn't even know what she was going to say when they answered the door but she just had to see him.

She tapped lightly on the door, waiting a few minutes before tapping again. She should have walked away when they didn't answer but she couldn't. Instead she found her hand turning the door knob, excitement passing through her when it opened and bid her entry. Thank God for the safety of small towns where everyone knew everyone.

She walked into the dark house, softly closing the door behind her. She could hear soft music floating down from upstairs as she walked into the foyer. She made her way into the living room, looking at the decor and various pictures they had around their house. One picture in particular caught her eye. It was of Justin and Jennen back in the fifth grade. She slipped it into her jacket. She had loved him even then but he spent all his time with Jennen, Trace and Rachel.

Her finger traced over his features, smiling at his big nose and bright blue eyes. For a minute there she imagined it was him and her in that picture, not him and Jennen. She made her way to a used recliner, sitting in it and immediately being enveloped in his scent. This was his chair. Her hands smooth over the soft worn leather as she relished in his presence.

She rose quietly, tiptoeing her way around the bottom half of their house. She made her way down the hallway to his little studio, he always was a very musical person. Her fingers smoothed over the piano keys before thumbing through the sheets of music that covered the top of his piano. She was tempted to play a few chords but she remembered they were upstairs and this was not her house. She made her way to the microphone, checking out the sheet music on the stand in front of it. Little notes scribbled in his chicken scratch catching her eye.

'Don't forget to pick the kids.', 'Don't forget to pick up milk and eggs.', 'Don't forget Jennen's birthday 04/30'

All those made her love him even more. She let out a sigh as she made her way out of the booth and to his switchboard. Her fingers flicked the yellow post it notes that decorated it, rolling her eyes at Jennen's girly writing.

'Have a great day! I love you!', 'I'm so lucky that I get to be your wife. I love you!', 'Have I told you that I love you lately? Well....I do!'

Reminders that he belonged to someone else and she didn't belong in their house.

Then she heard it, a soft moan and a deep growl coming from upstairs. Curiosity got the better of her as she tiptoed quietly back down the hallway, sneaking her way up their stairs. Her hand trailing on the wood rail that led up to their second floor. She had always wanted a two-story home.

"Oh Justin...yes." She heard Jennen call out and she felt her blood boil.

He was in that damn bedroom with that whore.

She made her way to their bedroom, light from the doorway illuminating her face as she cracked the door open further, still hidden in darkness. Her hands gripping the door as Justin's tan bare ass came into view, he was thrusting with his all as Jennen's legs stayed wrapped around his waist. She watched as Jennen's nails dug into his back, gripping onto him as she screamed his name at the top of her lungs. She watched as Jennen's body trembled around him as he thrust into her three more times before growling out Jennen's name.

She thought she had seen enough, enough to break her heart, enough to cause the silent tears flowing from her eyes and down her cheeks. But, it wasn't enough because no matter what she saw downstairs, no matter what she saw happen in that bed, it didn't prepare her for what came out of his mouth.

"I love you Jennen," he moaned as she saw him roll them so they were laying on their sides, still connected and wrapped up in each other.

His hand softly grazing Jennen's cheek before he leaned in, capturing her lips in a kiss. His fingers softly brushing Jennen's long brown hair away from her face as their eyes met. His large hands, caressing her naked skin as she snuggled up closer to him.

"I love you too Justin." Jennen whispered as their lips met again.

She wanted him. She needed him. She belonged with him. Jennen didn't deserve him. It wasn't fair that Jennen got to live her dream. It wasn't fair that Jennen got to have his love. It wasn't fair that Jennen got to give him a family. It just wasn't fair.

She didn't need to stay and watch them as they continued to caress one another and share whispered words of adoration to one another. She was done. She made her way back down the stairs and out the front door, closing it softly behind her. She glanced around the neighborhood, making sure no one saw her as she made her way to her car. Her hands shook with rage as she started up the engine. He belonged with her. He always belonged with her.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She let out a laugh as she watched her children play in the driveway. She had bought them the new 3-D sidewalk chalk and too be honest they looked ridiculous with those huge 3-D glasses on. She took a drink of her lemonade as she sat on her front porch and watched them play close to the garage. She smiled as her husband's arms wrapped around her, leaning back into his embrace as he kissed along her neck.

"They're having a blast." He said with a chuckle as his hand smooth over her torso.

"I know. They're so curious." She said as she watched them.

Justin had drawn circles and stars for Kile and hearts and stars for Kamryn on the driveway, since they were too young to be drawing actual shapes. He had helped them put on the glasses, laughing as they tried to jump and spin around the shapes. They had been lost in their own world since then.

"Mom said they loved the slip n slide yesterday. Dad had to run with them but they still had fun." He said as he kissed her neck again.

"Good. I thought they would be too young for that." She confessed as she tipped her head to the side as he continued to kiss along her neck.

"Why is my son wearing a pair of googles on his head, flippers, and a cape with swim trunks? And why is my daughter wearing a swim suit with a pink tutu?" He asked with a laugh as Jennen shrugged her shoulders before giggling.

"It's summer and they wanted to pick out their own clothes so....why not? You only get to be a kid once." She said as he kissed her forehead.

"I love you baby." He whispered as their lips met.

"Grammie!!" They heard their children scream as they noticed Lynn walking up their driveway.

Kile ran to his grandmom as Kamryn stood in place. Justin pointed to Kamryn as Jennen followed his gaze. She giggled as Kamryn just stood there looking confused.

"Dada I uck. I uck." Kamryn yelled as Justin laughed and let go of Jennen.

"Guess I better go save our daughter." He said as Jennen rose and let him get up.

"Yeah, I'm beginning to think the 3-D chalk wasn't a great idea." Jennen said as Kamryn stood in place waiting for anyone to pick her up.

Justin jogged over to Kamryn, picking her up slowly.

"Dada on't reak art." Kamryn warned as Justin pulled her up into his arms.

"Don't worry princess I won't break the heart. Go say hi to Grammie Lynn." He said as he hugged her and kissed her forehead before placing her back down.

He watched as his mom scooped up both his daughter and his son, hugging them tight before setting them back down on the ground. They went back to their playing as Lynn followed him up the driveway and joined Jennen on the porch.

"Do you want some sweet tea Mama Lynn?" Jennen asked as Lynn shook her head no and took her seat.

"No thank you sweetheart. I just came over because I heard some disturbing news this morning and I wanted to check on ya'll." Lynn said as Justin took a seat on the small outdoor loveseat next to Jennen.

"What did you hear Mama?" Justin asked as Lynn's eyes went to where her grandchildren were playing.

"Well....did ya'll hear any noises around ya'lls house last night?" She asked as Jennen and Justin both shook their heads no.

"What did you hear Mama Lynn? Because you're starting to scare me." Jennen said as she watched her kids play, so happy and carefree.

Justin wrapped his arm around Jennen's shoulder, pulling her closer to his side. Her hand rested on his knee as he kept her close to his side, not ever wanting to let go.

"Mrs. Trotter said that she saw someone come to your house last night. She said she could have sworn she saw them knock and then walk in. Did you have guests last night?" Lynn asked as Jennen and Justin shook their heads.

"No, just...oh wait....Mrs. Williams was going to bring her pictures by the shop yesterday then she called saying she would just drop them by the house. It was probably her. I told her the door would be opened. She probably heard me and Justin and hightailed it out of there." Jennen said with a nervous laugh.

She couldn't shake the feeling that told her that it was Mrs. Williams that stopped by. Something in her gut told her it was more than that.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*The Next Day*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

She heard the ding of the bell as the shop door opened, making her way from the back room and to the shop counter.

"Hi, welcome to The Paper Garden." Jennen said as she looked up and noticed Crystal.

"Hi Jennen. So....this is your store." Crystal said as she walked around, checking out the summer papers that Jennen had in stock.

"Yes, this is my dream scrapbook store. So, what can I help you with today? Are you looking for anything in particular?" Jennen asked as she watched Crystal walk around the store.

"No. Just looking. Shane is at his mom's so I'm just killing time." She explained as she thumbed through various beads and brads that were on sale.

"Okay, well let me know if you find anything you like." Jennen said as she disappeared into another room, coming back holding the hands of her two children.

"Oh you bring them to the store with you?" Crystal asked as she watched Kile and Kamryn sit down and play with their toys.

"Yeah. J and I would prefer to keep them out of daycare if possible." Jennen explained as she looked down at her children before looking at Crystal again.

"You have so many layouts of Justin and your kids. Do you ever leave him little notes? You seem like that type of wife." Crystal asked with a smile as Jennen chuckled then nodded her head.

"All the time. When I pack his lunch or on the mirror while he's in the shower. Gosh, I would guess our house is littered with little post it notes." Jennen said as her cheeks turned red.

"Do you leave him notes in his studio too?" Crystal asked nonchalantly as she flipped through some paper, not once meeting Jennen's questioning gaze.

This could be a very dangerous game she was playing.

"Y-yeah I do." Jennen said slowly, trying to remember if she mentioned anything about Justin having a studio to Crystal.

"Oh wow! This photo was taken so long ago...what? Like the fifth grade?" Crystal asked as Jennen looked at the picture she was pointing too.

"Yeah at the water park. You and Shane were there too right?" Jennen asked as Crystal looked at the picture of Jennen, Justin, Trace and Rachel all together at the water park.

"Yeah we were. Do you have any more pictures from that day?" Crystal asked as Jennen shook her head no, "Really? I could have sworn I remember you and Justin taking one together. That's a shame...it would have been an cute photo to have now that ya'll are married," she said as she moved on to the other side of the store.

She looked at embellishments, die cuts, ribbons, and vellum paper before taking a deep breath.

"So, did you and Justin have fun with your adult time the other night?"

Silence.

Crickets.

More silence.

A cough.

"Um...yeah....h-how did you know about that?"

Finally! Hook...line....sinker.

"Shane and I got into a huge fight the other night. I was balling my eyes out and Justin stopped by and gave me some words of advise. He's really smart. Anyways he told me his mom was watching the kids for ya'll so ya'll could have some alone time." Crystal explained noticing how uneasy Jennen looked.

"Oh."

"Well, I should really get going. Take care Jennen." Crystal said before she left the store.

Jennen still didn't know what to think. Something told her that Crystal's questions weren't just light-hearted questions. No she was planning something, something that included Jennen and Justin and Jennen didn't like that.

"Jennen. Jennen. Sweetheart, are you okay?" Jennen turned around only to find Mrs. Williams standing there with a photo box in her hands.

"Oh yes Mrs. Williams. Sorry, my thoughts just got away with me." Jennen explained as she shook her head and made her way to where Mrs. Williams stood.

"Sorry I didn't drop by last night. The kids had a late soccer game but here are the photos you requested." Mrs. Williams said as she slid the photo box towards Jennen.

"Oh, did you not come by the other night? Mrs. Trotter thought she saw you stop by the house." Jennen explained as Mrs. Williams shook her head.

"No. That wasn't me. Thanks for putting this scrapbook together for me. I appreciate it dearly. I really must be going. Tell Justin I said hi." Mrs. Williams said as she rushed out of the store.

"Bye Mrs. Williams." Jennen said with a wave, as she was left to her own thoughts.

*a few minutes later*

"Rachel, I'm really freaking out here." Jennen said into the phone, grateful that the shop was empty while she talked to her husband's cousin.

"So what exactly happened?" Rachel asked over the line.

"So Crystal came into the store and she was just looking around. Then she starts asking all these questions. She asked about Justin's studio, which I don't ever remember discussing with her. Then she asked if I left him notes, which you know, I always leave him little love notes around the house. Then she asked if we enjoyed our adult time while Mama Lynn watched the kids the other night. I just.....I'm really scared." Jennen confessed as Rachel took a deep breath.

"You think she entered your house. Jennen this is serious. What if your children had been there? You need a restraining order." Rachel hissed into the phone as Jennen growled in frustration.

"I don't have any proof though!" She said as she looked down at her children that were busy playing.

"So when she asked you all the questions how did she say it?" Rachel asked.

"Like...I don't know. She was so normal and nonchalant about it. Like it was an everyday conversation but it was the way she said it just scared me. It wasn't exactly what she said but what she implied. It just freaked me out." Jennen tried to explain as Rachel let out a low whistle.

"You should tell Justin Jenn. I'm not kidding he needs to know." Rachel said as Jennen let out a sigh.

"I just hate...he has so much going on with the new restaurant and I feel like this would just stress him out more....I just hate to do that to him." She confessed as Rachel nodded her head even though Jennen couldn't see her.

"I get where you're coming from but J loves you. If you're stressed out he's going to know. If you're scared he's going to want to protect you and the kids. He needs to know Jenn." Rachel pleaded with her as Jennen rubbed her temples.

"Okay. I'll tell him." She relented.

"Promise?"

"I promise Rach." She said before they hung up.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*Later That Night*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey J....can we talk?" Jennen asked as she climbed into their bed.

"Sure babe. What's up?" He asked as he climbed into their bed next to her.

"I'm just...I'm just....ugh...God I feel so stupid for even saying anything!" She said as she ran her hands over her face.

"Just spit it out baby." He said with a laugh as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Okay. So Crystal came by the shop today and so did Mrs. Williams. Remember what your mom said about Mrs. Trotter seeing someone come by the other night? Well...I asked Mrs. Williams if it was her and she said she didn't drop by." Jennen said as he grabbed her hand and started playing with her fingers.

"So you think it was Crystal?" He asked as she turned to him and he wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Yep. I mean she was asking all these questions. She asked about your studio...I mean it was weird...did you ever talk to her about your studio?" Jennen asked as she tilted her head at him.

"No. I never talked about my studio with her." He confessed as sick feeling settled into his stomach.

"And she asked about my favorite picture and I got home and the picture was missing! It still is missing! I don't know maybe I'm just being paranoid but I really think she was here the other night in our house J." She said as she rested her head against his t-shirt clad chest.

"Baby, we'll start locking the doors, checking the windows. Just be safe. It might not have been her." He said as he kissed the top of her head, taking in her vanilla scent.

"I know. It's just...what if it was her? That would mean she came into our house, touched our things....what if? Oh my God! What if she saw us making love J?" Jennen asked as Justin tightened his grip on her.

"Then she saw us making love. You're my wife and she has to deal with that. I'll see about getting a security system installed tomorrow. I just want you and the kids to be safe." He stated.

He was trying to calm his wife down but inside he was scared. Something told him that it was Crystal, the minute his mom talked to them he knew it was her. He loved his wife though and he didn't regret marrying her in the least bit. Crystal was just going to have to accept that.




Chapter End Notes:
For all of ya'll reading this and reviewing thank so much. The pace should start to pick up after this update. Ya'll rock!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story