Author's Chapter Notes:
just a bit of set-up. Enjoy!

      

"Mia... we need more chips!"    

"Mia... we're tapping the second keg now!"    

"Mia, we need...."        

"Mia, there isn't any...."    

I fly threw the room, dumping chips into the first bowl I see, before tossing another case of beer into the nearby cooler.    

After awhile, all of their demands have started to blend together and I can barely hear myself think, much less catch every request being shouted at me from various directions.    

A strong hand gently grabs me by the elbow and stops me in my tracks. He takes the beer bottles from my hands and quickly replaces them with a glass of white wine.    

"Take this, go sit with Trace and chill out. I'll handle all of this."    

I smile gratefully at him, but shake my head. "I've got it under control. Go enjoy your party."    

"I'm serious woman! Go relax. You've done more than enough." He grins and kisses my forehead before sauntering off into the crowd.    

As much as I'd love to protest, I can't ignore the need to get off of my feet.    

I knew throwing a surprise party for Justin would be no small feat, but I certainly wasn't expecting this.    

Trace and my brother agreed to handle the guest list as long as I took care of renting the hall, hiring the caterer and a series of other arrangements. I thought I'd gotten the sweeter end of the deal, so I readily accepted their offer.    

Little did I know, when they said guest list, they meant Justin's entire address book. Virtually every person he's ever come in contact with is crammed into the hall.    

And of course, there isn't near enough food or liquor to go around, so I've spent the last hour, running around like a crazy person, scrounging up whatever I could to keep everyone satisfied.    

I kind of expected Ben or Trace to come to my rescue, but they're far too wrapped up in an intense game of quarters to notice any of the chaos around them. Instead, the birthday boy has taken over playing host at his own surprise party.    

Pretty sad, huh?    

But, it's so completely Justin.    

He hates to see anyone struggle. He'll go out of his way to jump in and help, and he hasn't got the slightest clue how much I appreciate it tonight, because I am beyond worn out.    

"Ah, there's the little hostess that could!" Ben smirks as I take a seat next to him.    

"Remind me never to plan a party with you assholes ever again." I mutter and sip my wine.    

"You know you don't mean that." Trace slurs and elbows me roughly in the side. "We're like... the fucking... the three horsemen or some shit."    

"Yes Trace, we're the three horsemen." I mutter and roll my eyes. "Clearly, you haven't had enough to drink."    

"You're damn right... I think it's time for another beer." He grins before stumbling to his feet and heading for the cooler.    

"I'll have you know... this was sort of an accident." Ben sighs and shakes his head. "That idiot sent out a mass text when he was drunk. Low and behold, everyone showed up."    

"Not a big deal." I wave him off dismissively. "Justin's having fun... that's all that matters."

 

****************    

 

"Justin... come on..." I whine and tighten my hold on his waist. "You know I can't do this by myself."    

I guess this is what I get for letting myself believe that his party was a success.    

Around one, things started to wind down, guests began to leave, and we finally reached a point where we could sit down with our closest friends and enjoy ourselves.     

Obviously, Justin enjoyed himself entirely too much.    

Ben and Trace conned Justin into joining their game of quarters and before I knew it, the three of them were giggling like a group of 12 year old girls at a Jonas Brothers concert. Around 4, I was finally able to convince them that the party was indeed over, and we all went our separate ways.     

During the car ride home, Justin complained about feeling nauseous, so my only option was to bring him to my apartment. Once his buzz dies and he starts to get sick, he turns into a five year old. He whines, he cries and he wants to be babied.      

So, here I am... practically dragging him down the hall to my apartment and getting little to no cooperation in return.     

Sometimes, I really have to question my own sanity. I know full well I should have just taken him home and let him suffer alone, but... I'm just too nice for my own good.     

Another 10 minutes passes before I'm finally able to get us into my apartment, which isn't exactly easy with Justin's full weight resting on me. Granted, he isn't a big guy... but he's got a good 40 to 50 pounds on me and let me tell you... it's no picnic having all that extra weight clinging to you for dear life.     

I drag him into my bedroom and push him onto the bed, rolling my eyes as he giggles stupidly.     

I kick off my shoes and crawl in next to him, too worn out to even bother with changing. Right away, his arms slide around my waist and he pulls me against him, a silly grin plastered across his face.    

"Thank you." He smiles and kisses the tip of my nose.     

And suddenly... every last bit of my irritation is gone.     

It's incredibly difficult to be frustrated with him when he's being overly adorable. But... I've always been that way with him. All he has to do is look at me a certain way, or say the right thing and I'm putty in his hands.    

It's pathetic, I know, but he's got complete control of me.     

I love him with every fiber of my being. Part of me almost feels stupid for letting myself fall for him so hard, but I know he feels every ounce of what I feel, and knowing that I'm not alone in this, kind of pushes all of those negative thoughts to the back of my mind.    

I've always been the type to be a little leery of overly charming men. My parents raised me to know the difference between bullshit and the truth, and I can see through the act a lot of men put on. But with Justin... it isn't an act.     

Even when he's spouting off the cheesiest crap I've ever heard, I know he means every bit of it.     

"You're welcome... but you better return the favor when my birthday rolls around." I giggle and roll my eyes.     

"Anything you want darlin." He nods seriously, his eyes locking with mine. "You know what though... I didn't need any of that tonight. We could have just had people at the house or something."    

"I know, but since I'm the amazing girlfriend that I am, I decided to go all out."    

"You know Mia... you could stand to be a little more confidant every once in awhile." He smiles sarcastically at me and shakes his head.     

"Hey... I learned it all from the most egotistical pop star I know." I smirk as he sticks his tongue out at me before snuggling into the mattress.     

"You love my egotistical ass and you know it." He mumbles sleepily, his eyes getting heavier by the second. "Love you."    

"Love you too." I whisper as he quickly drifts off to sleep.    

Before I shut my own eyes and let sleep take over, the only thing I can think is that it's almost wrong for someone to be this lucky.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story