Author's Chapter Notes:
[[It just happened...again]]

“Are you all right, honey? You look a little…overwhelmed.”  Lynn had followed Adah into the kitchen of Sadie’s house, watching the young girl carefully.

 

“I guess I’m just not used to all of this…southern hospitality.”  She attempted a smile, but it came out as more of a grimace.  “It’s all making my head spin.”

 

“Well, my mother can be a lot to handle.  She’s a little old fashioned, too.”

 

“A little?”  Adah guffawed, “She’s hinted, not-so-subtly, that Justin and I should be married at least a dozen times, and dinner hasn’t even started yet!”  Adah leaned heavily against the counter, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves.

 

Lynn smiled, “She is persistent; you have to give her that.”

 

Adah only shrugged.  She was feeling completely uncomfortable with all of the attention she’d been receiving lately.  Before it was awkward because no one was discussing what they were really thinking.  Now, it was completely unbearable because all Sadie could discuss was Justin and Adah “making it official” and “doing the proper thing.”  She was starting to get annoyed.

 

“I’m sorry, darlin’.  I’ll try and tell her to tone it down.  I know it’s not easy for you, but this means a lot to Justin and I’m glad you’re here.”  Lynn gave Adah a gentle hug.  “It’ll be better once we’re eating; she’ll have something else to focus on.”

 

“I hope so.”

 

“Hope what?”  Justin’s voice broke through the girls’ conversation.  He stood in the doorway with Emma perched on his hip.  “Am I interrupting girl time?”

 

“Not at all.  I was just about to set the table.”  Lynn gave Adah another encouraging smile before slipping past Justin and into the dining room.

 

“Sorry about all of this, Adah.  I had no idea that Gram was going to be so…”

 

“Annoying?”  Adah’s hand flew up to cover her mouth.  “Sorry.”  She blushed behind her hands.

 

Justin grinned.  “No, I think you’ve got the right word.”  He shifted Emma, walking further into the kitchen.  “If it helps, you’re handling everything really well.  I’m sorry I’m putting you through this, but it means a lot to everyone that you and Emma are here.”

 

“Maybe just Emma.”  Adah commented, venting her frustration.  “I think people are tolerating me because of you.  I can feel their eyes on me, though, and they all hate me for this situation that we’re in.”

 

“They don’t hate you.”  Justin sighed, bouncing Emma when she started to fuss.  “My family is really protective, Ads.  They’ve had to deal with all sorts of things being said about me and all sorts of people taking advantage of me.  They just don’t know how to handle me having a baby, especially when you and I aren’t together.  I think it just goes against their idea of how my life should be.”

 

“Well I’m glad I could ruin it all for you.”  Adah knew she was pouting, but she was having a really rough night.

 

“I’m not doing a very good job of cheering you up, am I?”  Justin lifted Emma, putting her at Adah’s eye-level.  “Baby girl is glad you’re here, Mommy.  She understands us.” 

 

Adah couldn’t help but grin at the two of them.  Justin pouting and Emma drooling.  “You’re a nut.”

 

“Just hang in there a little while longer, okay?  I promise I’ll make it up to you later.”  Justin was worried about Adah, but he also knew that his family was really happy to have him home, especially with Emma, and he couldn’t bring himself to disappoint them by leaving early.

 

“Okay.  Just…if it gets too bad, I’m telling your Gram that we’ve secretly eloped so she’ll stop insinuating that I’m a slut.”

 

Justin let out a loud laugh.  “Fair enough.”  He wrapped his arm around Adah’s shoulder, leading her into the dining room.  “Just be prepared for her to then start bugging us about popping out three or four more kids.”

 

Adah gave him a long look.  “Great.”  He laughed again, glad to see she was at least smiling.

 

“C’mon, let’s eat.”

 

~*~

 

“No, I can’t eat anymore.  I’m way too stuffed.”  Adah pushed away the plate of cookies that Justin had offered her.  He shrugged, stealing two more for himself before putting the plate back in the basket and lying down.

 

Emma was securely in bed, Lynn and Paul home to watch over her.  He’d taken Adah out into the back yard, into a clearing that he used to visit when he was a kid.  It was the perfect place to star gaze and tonight was a beautiful, clear night.

 

“I wish I knew more about constellations.”  He mused, trying to pick out the few he actually knew. 

 

“It’s so incredible.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many stars before.”  Adah lied back on the blanket, happily gazing up into the sky. 

 

The rest of the night had been mostly uneventful.  Sadie had kept her marriage comments down to a minimum and everyone else managed to pick up the conversation.  It was still uncomfortable for her, but she was starting to understand that this was just how it was going to be.  Obviously Justin’s family meant well and they wanted him to be happy.  The comments weren’t meant to make Adah feel bad, they were supposed to encourage her to be with Justin.

 

Which was a whole other can of worms that she wasn’t even ready to touch.

 

“Do you ever think about that night?”  Justin’s voice broke the silence of the night.  Apparently his thoughts had been running parallel to hers.

 

“You mean the night we created Emma?”  She clarified even though she knew what he meant.

 

“Yeah, that one.”

 

“I used to think about it all the time.”  She admitted, not sure where the honesty was coming from.  Must have been the southern air.

 

He was silent for a minute, lost in thought.  “I couldn’t take my eyes off of you that night.”  He licked his lips; his mouth was suddenly dry.  “I had watched you for a while, thinking that you were gorgeous and an incredible dancer.  I was afraid to approach you, but…I just had to.  I had to get near you.”  He cleared his throat.  “I thought it was just the alcohol, but…”

 

Adah waited for him to continue.  She had no idea how to react or what he wanted her to say.  When he didn’t speak again, she said what was on her mind.  “You didn’t even recognize me when I came to your house.”

 

He shifted, turning toward her slightly, propping his head on his arm.  “I was really embarrassed about having sex with you that night.  I…it’s not my usual style, and I had to fly to New York the next day.”  He took a deep breath.  “I hated myself for that night.  I had intended to get your number or something and call you when I got back…but…that didn’t happen.  I just tried to forget about it after that.  I was too ashamed to think about what I’d done.”

 

Adah stayed silent.  The weight of Justin’s confession sat heavily on her chest.  What was she supposed to say?  How was she supposed to take this?  It was all too confusing and too much for her to handle.  “I don’t know what you want me to say.”

 

He shrugged, turning away from her.  “Nothing.  You don’t have to say anything.  I just…I wanted to apologize.  I’ve never really forgiven myself for that night.”

 

“We were both drunk, Justin.  It’s just as much on my head as it is yours.  You can’t change it, so why think about it?”

 

“Because then maybe we could have gone about all of this differently.” His voice was almost too soft for her to hear, but his words were coming through loud and clear.  “Maybe we wouldn’t be dancing around each other, or pretending that this is all normal.”

 

“Justin…”

 

“You don’t have to say anything.” He stopped her, sitting up suddenly.  “I’m sorry.  Blame it on…whatever.”  He stood abruptly, grabbing the basket with the food.  He stood over Adah, watching the moon light play off of her skin and he couldn’t get the images from the night they’d met out of his mind.  She sat up, searching his face for something to go on.  Before he could think, Justin dropped the basket and sank to his knees in front of her.  He gently took her face between his hands.  She met him half way, their lips touching briefly before emotions took over and desperation added pressure to the already searing kiss. 

 

Adah lifted herself to her knees so she could be chest to chest with Justin.  She wrapped her arms around his shoulders pulling him in closer.  Justin’s hands slid through Adah’s hair, tugging gently to tilt her head so he could get a better angle.  When his tongue slipped over Adah’s bottom lip, she shivered.  Neither could think of anything other than the immediate moment and how intensely good it felt.  Adah wasn’t thinking about Brennan or home or even Emma.  She could only focus on Justin’s mouth and how she couldn’t get enough.

 

Justin was just happy that he was stone sober for this kiss.  Their last one was too hazy.  This one would be seared into his memory forever.

 

The warm Tennessee air caressed their skin as clothing started to disappear.  Their actions were deliberate and slow, both wanting to savor the moment.  Justin slid his hands up underneath Adah’s shirt, tugging it off until it rested in the grass next to his.  His thumb grazed the swell of her breast, causing her to shiver.  He took this as a cue, and he gently removed her bra, kissing down from her shoulders until his mouth found its mark.  Her nipples were hard; a combination of the cool night air and his heated touch.  Adah arched her back at the contact, bringing their naked torsos together.  Heat radiated from both of them.

 

Justin eased Adah back, laying her down on the blanket and hovering over her.  His hands roamed underneath the skirt she was wearing, caressing the smooth skin of her thighs and hips.  Their mouths were still firmly attached, and neither of them could stand to break the contact.  Their was some fumbling as Adah searched for the button of Justin’s jeans, and she missed a few times.  He focus was on the sensations his mouth was creating.  Justin helped her, flipping the button open and ripping the zipper down before shimmying his jeans off of his hips.  Her skirt was next, slipping easily over her legs and into the pile of clothing next to them.

 

Their bodies pressed together with an erotic desperation.  Only the thin layer of Justin’s boxers and Adah’s panties separated them from being fully connected.  It didn’t take long for the last articles of clothing to be removed.

 

“My purse.”  Adah’s voice was breathless as she spoke the first words since this tryst had started.

 

“What?”  Justin’s mind was completely fogged with arousal and he had no idea what she was asking.

 

“Hand me my purse.”  She pointed over her head.  Justin leaned forward, dragging the purse toward both of them.  Adah grabbed it, rummaging through a pocket until she came up with a square, foil package that she handed to Justin.

 

“Good thinking.”  He grinned down at her before pulling her close to him again.  He could feel her entire body and he felt himself get even harder.  He set the condom down.  He fully intended to use it, but he had other plans first.

 

Justin hands roamed Adah’s silky skin.  He wanted to commit this to memory.  He wanted to make sure he covered every inch.  His head dipped between her breasts and he kissed along each mound.  Slowly, he snaked his tongue down over her rib cage and on toward her belly button.  He placed kisses along her hip bones and grinned when she squirmed underneath him.  The night air was muggy with the day’s heat and Adah’s skin was salty with sweat, but that’s not the taste he was waiting for.

 

Slowly, painfully slowly, Justin kissed his way down between Adah’s thighs.  She writher with want, hoping that he would stop torturing her.  He placed his lips on her inner thigh, sucking gently until she let out a frustrated moan.  With a grin, he finally moved to her center.  His tongue was soft; a feather’s touch and he traced the outside of her heat.  He could feel the goose bumps rise on the skin underneath his hands as he applied pressure, sucking on the soft, wet skin.  He was tentative as he dipped his tongue into the warmth of her, tasting her arousal and adding to his own. 

 

Adah was in near agony as Justin took his time tasting her.  She gripped at his hair, wishing there was more to hold onto that just the buzz cut.  When his tongue slid over her clitoris and his teeth bit gently, she felt the breath leave her body.  She hadn’t been touched like this since the first night they spent together, and even that night was foggy in her mind.  Her body was on fire.

 

“Justin…” she panted his name.  Tugging on his shoulders, Adah pulled him up her body.  While she was thoroughly enjoying what he was doing with his tongue, she couldn’t wait any longer.  “Please.”  She was begging, but she really didn’t care.  All she wanted was to feel him inside of her. 

 

Justin eagerly ripped open the condom package, rolling it over his tip and down the length of him.  He was harder than he’d ever been before.  Adah shifted under him and when he settled back down on top of her he was already at her entrance.  It took one swift motion and he was buried deep inside of her.  Both of them let out moans.

 

“Oh god,” Justin panted.  He was almost afraid to move because the feeling was so intense and he wasn’t ready for it to be over too quickly.  Adah solved his dilemma, though, when she started to roll her hips and drive the length of him as far into her as he could go.

 

Justin matched her pace effortlessly.  He grabbed her thighs, bringing her legs up over his hips so he could get a better angle.  The sound that came out of Adah’s mouth with each of his thrusts encouraged him to keep going.  Bending over her, Justin took her in a searing kiss, lifting her up as he did so.  Kneeling back, Justin lifted Adah up onto his lap, still firmly planted within her folds.  The new position allowed the rest of their bodies to come together, slick with sweat.  Justin’s mouth found Adah’s breasts again as his rhythm continued. 

 

Adah could only hold on, riding the waves of pleasure that wracked her body.  Her mind was void of any thoughts other than how incredible Justin felt inside of her.  He filled her completely, pushing deep within her and touching the best spots.  If she wasn’t careful, she would come faster than she wanted to.

 

“Lie down.”  She panted in his ear, sucking on his lobe.  Justin stilled his movements slightly, wrapping his arms around her back and setting her down before rolling over and bringing her with him.  Adah settled back onto him again, hissing as he drover deep within her.  She placed her hands on his chest, finding her own rhythm that brought her to his tip before dipping back down the length of him.  It was breath taking.

 

“Oh shit,”  Justin gasped.  He roughly grabbed her hips, increasing her pace.  He was thoroughly enjoying this, but he was getting close and he couldn’t hold back any longer.  He wanted to feel her tighten around him.  He wanted to know he’d brought her to the peak, and he wanted to watch her come back down again.

 

“Justin…” Adah’s voice was a squeak as she felt herself start to tighten.  She rocked her hips downward, hard onto his pelvis where she stayed, matching his frenzied pace.  Moments later she was calling out his name again, tightening around him as her toes curled and her body tingled.  Justin thrust deep one last time, clenching as he let go and spilled into her.

 

They sat like that for a few heated moments, both trying to calm their breathing as they came down from their high.  Adah slowly separated their bodies, missing the feel of him as soon as he’d slipped out.  Justin pulled her down next to him and she settled in the nook of his shoulder, curling into his body. 

 

The two of them laid next to each other as their breathing slowed and finally returned to normal.

 

“Wow.”  Justin finally broke the silence.  He turned his head and kissed Adah’s forehead.  “Wow.”

 

She giggled slightly.  “You said that already.”

 

“You’ve got me lost for words.”  He admitted.  There was a niggling voice in the back of his mind that told him this moment was serious, but he ignored it.  He didn’t want to ruin what they’d just shared.

 

Adah snuggled deeper into him, feeling cold for the first time since they’d come outside.  She tried not to shiver, but the sun had fully set by now and the air was growing cooler.

 

“Cold?”  He asked, realizing that they were laying outside, naked.  He chanced a quick glance in the direction of his mother’s house, happy to see that he’d brought them far enough into the clearing so they couldn’t be seen by anyone inside.

 

“A little.”  She admitted reluctantly, not wanting this to be over.  Adah wasn’t sure what she wanted anymore, but she felt satisfied and complete and she was afraid of what would happen once they went back to reality.

 

“Come on then.”  He handed her her clothing, grabbing his own and pulling it back on.  “A warm shower is what we need.”

 

“A shower?”  She was surprised to think that he wanted to shower with her, but she had no idea what to expect.

 

“Yeah,” he chuckled, “you’ve got grass in your hair.”  He watched as she attempted to pull the grass from her tousled hair.  “Here, I’ll get it.”  He reached over and grabbed the long blades, grinning at her as he did so.  He couldn’t stop himself from kissing her again, a long, lingering kiss.

 

“Thanks.”  She was blushing profusely.  Happy for the cover of darkness, she let Justin lead her back into the house.  They snuck upstairs, hoping to keep from drawing anyone’s attention or waking them up.  “Come into my room.”  She tugged on his arm.

 

He followed her into the guest room she was staying in, dropping the blanket and basket into the corner and continuing into the bathroom where he shut the door behind them. 

 

He made sure to turn the lock.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Whew!  That chapter made me all hot and bothered while writing it...I hope it was good for you!! Enjoy :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj pregnant