Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

:] Review, please! Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Another day, another boring management meeting. :/ I guess, it's not so bad, today, simply because we're discussing the production for my 2nd music video. And this time I actually get to put some of my thoughts on the table. My last video, was mostly created and produced by Johnny, and fortunately, it actually came out pretty good. I'd be lying, if I said I wasn't nervous, when I finally got the tape back. I was pleasantly surprised. Johnny's taste isn't exactly what I like. It's okay. But at times, it can get down right tacky! And better yet trashy. Which is definitley not me or what I want to represent.

Oh! If I haven't introduced myself, hello, my name is Stevonna. And as you can already tell, I am a singer and signed to Def Jam. I met Johnny a year or two ago. He wanted to sign me, as soon as he heard me sing. But he said something about my 'look'. Basically, he wanted me to be like a bootleg version of Beyonce or something. I quickly turned down the offer. I'm not going to be anybody else, but me and I let him know that. Seriously, what do I look like prancing around stage doing Tina Turner moves? Ha, I think not. That works great for her, but it's just not me. When he finally realized, I wasn't going to give into his demands, he gave up. He let me be me and do what I wanted to do. And that's why, my single has been at the top of the charts for 9 weeks now.

Ugh. I'm so freaking hungary. I haven't ate all day. I've just been drinking water and powerades all day. I've had rehearsals, interviews, and a couple of things to autograph. All of this has been since 5 a.m. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but sometimes, I kind of miss chilling with my girls and doing absolutely nothing all day. Ahh, those use to be the days. I would sleep until like 3 in the afternoon. But, those days are gone! Now, I am a working woman. And feel rather happy about that. . .

"Stevonna, are you listening. . .?" Johnny asked from across the table.

"Huh? Oh, uh yea. Yea." I stammered as I snapped out of my thoughts.

He chuckled, "Yea. Sure you were," He said as he went back to what he was saying, "Like I said, do you have any suggestions?"

"Um. . .I just don't want a video, where all I do is shake my ass," I said as I looked at a shocked Johnny, "Excuse my french." I quickly added, "I just would like to do something different than my last video," I said as I shot a glance at Johnny, "More of a performance video. Acting, I guess you could say."

"Okay," The director Anthony Mandler said, "We can do that." He stated as he wrote down a few notes and looked back up. "Anything else?"

Anthony was the director for my last video. I love his work! Not only on my video but on the other countless, celebrities he's worked with. He has this style about him. He's not too much but not too simple either. It's the perfect blend of everything. He's very gifted with what he does. He's really made a name for his self, in this industry. But what I really love about Anthony, is that he doesn't make your video another 'video'. He actually takes his time and makes sure, it's the best, it possibly can be. And makes sure it's everything you wanted.

"No. I just wanted to make sure, that I had more of a performance video, than the regular booty shaking one." I said with a chuckle.

He laughed along with me, "I understand." He said as he looked at me, "Why don't we do several scenes with you and a love interest." He said as he looked at me with hopeful eyes, "This song is based off a relationship, so it will fit great. Especially, since you want to act more in your video."

"Yea, that's a good idea." Johnny said.

"Okay. . .and who would be my 'love' interest?" I said sarcastically.

"We have alot of options, Stevonna." Johnny said as he looked at me, "I will make some calls and see what we have."

"Okay, so when, will I exactly find out, who my mystery love interest is?"

"When I find him, I will call you or Mo." He said as he glanced at Mo, my personal assistant/manager, who nodded in response.

Her real name is Monica, but everybody calls her Mo. She's really sweet. But very professional. Sometimes, it bugs the shit out of me, because I have to look appropriate at all times, around her. Sometimes I just want to chill in my brothers oversized sweats and a shirt. No heels, no make up, no dresses hugging me so tight, that I can barely move much less breath. Just relax. But no, she insists that I at least look reasonable. Her excuse? "The paparazzi are always looking for a photo op, whether you are presentable or not. And we don't need that kind of publicity right now." Her exact words. I simply just roll my eyes and go on with my business. Don't get me wrong, Mo, can be really fun at times too. I remember when we went out one night, why we exactly went out, I don't remember. I just remember, Mo got drunk. And I don't mean drunk, I mean sloppy drunk, pissy drunk, completely drunk! It was hilarious! She got on the bar and started dancing. The whole 9! Granted, she had a killer hangover the next morning and threw up everywhere, but it was still funny. Well, it was to me.

"Is that okay, with you?" Johnny asked.

"Oh, yea. That's fine," I said as a mischevious grin spread across me face, "Just make sure he's cute. Okay?" I said as I looked at him, "You know how your taste, can be."

"Oh, shut up!" He said with a smile, "Do you see what I have to deal with?" He mumbled to Anthony.

I laughed, "And you love me," I said as I looked at the clock on the wall, "Well, I have to go. Got to work." I said as I got up and grabbed my purse, "I will talk to you all later," I said as I made my rounds to give them their hugs.

"Okay, I will be in touch," Johnny said as I made my way to the door with Mo behind me.

"Alrighty, JoJo." I said with a smirk at his nickname I gave him.

"Just go." He said as I walked out the office.

Chapter End Notes:
FEEDBACK!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story