Author's Chapter Notes:

Another chapter!  Are you shocked?  I am...lol...

I think this is my favorite chapter so far.  Lots of drama...I hope you guys like it as much as I do!  :)

"Answer your phone, Megan." Rachel breathed as she drummed her fingers against the steering wheel of her Jetta.  She let out a growl of frustration as the call switched over to Megan's voicemail.  Again.  "I don't have time for this today, Megs!" She exclaimed as she looked down at her phone and dialed Megan's number again.  This had been the day from hell and Rachel was quickly loosing patience with her best friend. 

After leaving the house upset at JC that morning, things had gone from bad to worse.  The florist she'd had an appointment with had made her wait almost thirty minutes before coming out to talk with her and had then proceeded to tell Rachel that the ideas she had were "all wrong," and had started going off with her own ideas.  Rachel had tried to tell her that she was an interior designer and knew what she was talking about, but the florist wouldn't listen to her.  At which point, Rachel had gotten up and walked out--fuming. 

"Why don't I just do my own damn flowers?!" She exclaimed as she had gotten into her car and slammed the door.  "I'm doing everything else anyway, so why the hell not?!"

After the confrontation with the florist, Rachel had gone to meet with the realtor who was helping her find a store front for her business.  However, after driving all over the valley, there had only been two shops Rachel had liked enough to even consider thinking about putting an offer in on.  Feeling disappointed and little anxious about her first upcoming loan payment, Rachel had left her realtor with the promise to make a decision by next week.  Getting into her car once again, Rachel had driven across town towards her final destination.  The whole time she'd been running around though, Megan had been on her mind.  Something was going on--she could feel it--and the fact that Megan wasn't answering her phone made Rachel even more concerned.

"Pick up your phone, Megan." Rachel murmured as she looked over her shoulder and changed lanes.  "Damn it!" She breathed as Megan's voicemail picked up once more.  "Listen," Rachel began, leaving her friend a message.  "I don't know what's going on, but I know something's wrong.  Call me back.  Please?  I need to know that you're okay."

With a sigh, Rachel ended the call.  She picked up her phone, intent on calling Jackson--to assure herself that everything was okay--but was interrupted as a yellow Hummer suddenly cut her off.  "What was that?!" Rachel exclaimed as she put on her brakes.  "Been driving long?  Sheesh!" She blew out a frustrated breath.  "Stupid, California drivers." She grumbled.  This traffic wasn't doing anything to help her mood.  She was getting more frustrated by the second. 

I've got to get off this freeway! She thought as she looked over her shoulder, signaled, and changed lanes.  Before I either die or kill someone.  Taking the next off ramp, Rachel took the surface streets to the shopping center that held the store she needed to make her last stop of the day.  Walking into the cell phone store, Rachel forced a smile as the overly eager salesman greeted her. 

"How are you today, ma'am?" He asked, holding out his hand.  "My name is Demetrius.  How can I help you today?"

"Hi." Rachel replied, shaking his hand.  "I need a new Blackberry." She informed him.

"Certainly." Demetrius nodded and put his hands together.  "Have you seen the new I-phones?  We just got in a shipment--"

"No." Rachel shook her head as she cut him off.  "I just want a Blackberry."

"Okay." Demetrius replied.  "The Blackberries are over here.  We have a great special right now--ninety-nine dollars with a new two year commitment."

Rachel shook her head.  "No commitment." She replied.  Demetrius just blinked as he looked at her in surprise.  "I don't want to add to my contract."

"Are you eligible for an upgrade right now?" He asked.

"I don't know." Rachel replied.  "And," she continued quickly as Demetrius opened his mouth to reply.  "I don't care about when I'm eligible.  I just want to buy the phone.  No commitment.  No contracts.  Just the phone."

"You want to pay retail?" Demetrius asked sounding a bit shocked.

"Yes." Rachel nodded.  Taking a deep breath as she felt her frustration flaring again.  "I want to pay retail.  I understand it's going to cost me more, but I really don't care--cost isn't the issue right now.  What is the issue is that I need to get my fiancée a new phone.  One that I can set up for him and program some important dates into the calendar so that he won't forget about them and bail out on me again.  Is that something you can do for me, Demetrius?  Because if not, I'm sure I can find another--"

"This is the newest Blackberry we have." Demetrius responded holding out the floor model for her.  Rachel took a deep breath as she took the phone and continued to listen to Demetrius' sales pitch.

She nodded as he finished.  "Thank you." She told him.  "I'll take it."

After paying for the phone, Rachel left the store and walked outside.  Putting her sunglasses on she walked across the parking lot towards her car--startling as a rogue paparazzi suddenly appeared out of nowhere and began snapping a few pictures of her. 

"When's the big day?" He asked. 

Rachel glanced at him but kept her mouth shut.  She really didn't want to have her wedding date broadcast to the entire world.  The guest list is big enough already.  She thought sarcastically.  She tried to ignore the guy as he continued to follow her. 

"Have you guys thought about doing a double wedding with Justin?"

Rachel stopped as she got to her car--her hand on the door handle.  "No." She told the guy as she got into her car. 

"Are you pregnant?" The guy asked as Rachel shut the door.

Why do they always ask that?  She thought.  Don't they have anything better to do then sneak up and ask me stupid questions?  Honestly!

~~~~~~

Rachel finally let herself into the house forty-five minutes later with a sigh.  Five more hours. She thought, looking at her watch.  Then I can go to bed and end this stupid day!  She set her purse and the bag from the cell phone store on the counter as she walked over to the fridge--the thought of having to make something for dinner leaving a bad taste in her mouth.  Cooking was the last thing she wanted to do right now.  She closed the fridge, her eyes landing on the pan of brownies sitting on the counter that she had made last night.  Cutting off a small piece, she put the chocolate in her mouth and opened up the drawer that held the take-out menus they had.  I wonder if Jace would be okay with Chinese tonight.

"Jace?" She called out as she closed the fridge.  "You okay if I just order out tonight?" 

Silence. 

"JC?" Rachel called his name again as she took her phone from her purse.  Again, no answer.  She pursed her lips as she walked into the other room--hoping he was asleep on the couch or something.  No such luck.  Dialing his number, Rachel put the phone to her ear. 

"Hey it's me." His recorded voice greeted her after only one ring.  "You know what to do."

Rachel sighed in disappointment.  After their less than loving parting this morning, and her terrible day, Rachel had been looking forward to seeing him.  She needed a hug--and she needed JC to give it to her. 

"Hi." Rachel began, leaving him a message.  "It's me.  I miss you." She sighed.  "When are you going to be home?  I need you.  Call me.  I love you."

Rachel hung up the phone then dialed the number to the closest Chinese restaurant that delivered.  Placing an order for one she then went upstairs.  Rachel changed into her favorite pair of grey sweats and a black tank top, pulled her hair up in a messy ponytail and walked back downstairs--through the empty house.

We need a cat.  She thought as the silence began to get to her.  Loneliness suddenly overwhelmed her as she thought about living here all alone once JC was out on tour with the rest of the guys.  She stopped and looked around.  She loved this house--it was the perfect combination of herself and JC but, as she looked around, Rachel wasn't sure she would be able to handle living here alone.  I don't know how he did it.  She thought, thinking of all the years JC had lived by himself. 

Her thoughts were interrupted as the bell rang at the gate.  Looking outside, Rachel pressed the button that opened the gate from inside to allow the delivery guy entrance.  When he came to the door, Rachel paid him and then took her food into the Family Room.  She picked up the remote as she sat down on the couch--hoping to find something to take her mind off her stress and frustration, and make her forget she was home alone. 

"Perfect!" She exclaimed as she found Interview with a Vampire playing on one of the movie channels.  Pulling her knees up Rachel sat back against the couch with her Orange Chicken and Chow Mien and settled in to watch one of her favorite movies. 

~~~~~~

An hour later, Rachel suddenly realized with a start that she wasn't at home anymore.  Instead of sitting on her couch watching a movie, she was sitting in a chair in an unfamiliar room.  Her brows furrowed slightly as she looked around, taking in her surroundings.  A huge fireplace took up most of one wall, while the multiple candles spread around the room, flickered against the gray, stone block walls.  I must be dreaming.  She thought, at her medieval looking surroundings.  Am I in a castle?

Looking down at herself, Rachel smoothed her hands over the luxurious red fabric of the dress she was wearing.  Spreading out one arm, Rachel admired the intricate embroidery on the sleeves of the dress then ran her fingertip along the low neck line.  She stood and twirled around--smiling as she watched the skirt of the dress flair out around her.  The sleeves of the dress fell off her shoulders in a style that she was convinced was entirely too scandalous and would never have been worn by someone back in the thirteenth century, but she didn't care.  She'd never felt more beautiful and suddenly wished JC were with her.  She fingered the cord hanging from the belt sitting low on her hips as she once again looked around the room.  Her eyes landed on the huge, canopy bed that sat against the wall opposite the fireplace.  She walked towards the bed, running her hand along the cream colored bed spread and let out a sigh of longing.  I really wish JC were here. She thought. What good is this bed when I'm here by myself?

Suddenly she stopped, overcome with the feeling that someone was watching her.  A shiver went down her spine and she lifted her head, cocking it to the side as she listened.  She heard a slight rustle behind her and her heart fluttered nervously.

"I know you're there." She said quietly, finally speaking.  She wanted to turn around, but something kept her glued in place.  All she could do was listen, as a pair of slow and steady footsteps made their way towards her.  She closed her eyes and swallowed as she felt him stop behind her.  She didn't need to see to know who it was and she couldn't stop the goose bumps from enveloping her as his breath hit her neck.  Letting out a breathy sigh, Rachel closed her eyes as she felt his warm lips press against her skin. 

"I've been waiting." He whispered as his nose brushed up her neck before he kissed just below her ear. 

Rachel looked down as one of his arms came around her waist--his hand pressing against her stomach as he pulled her back against him.  His other hand went to her neck, tilting her head to the side as he began placing several warm, lingering kisses to the exposed skin of her neck and shoulder.  Rachel lifted one arm, her hand going up and into his hair, as she willingly surrendered to him--whispering his name.

~~~~~~

"Joshua."

JC looked down at Rachel as she lay sleeping on the couch, his lips turning up slightly as she suddenly whispered his name.  She was dreaming about him and--judging by the soft noises of pleasure she was making--it was a very good dream.  He had gotten home moments ago, expecting her to be waiting for him.  After the desperate sounding voicemail she had left him, he had tried to call her, but she hadn't answered.  He had been concerned at the time, but realized now that she had fallen asleep. 

He felt a twinge of jealousy as she suddenly let out another breathy moan.  As much as he liked knowing he could affect her this way, even in her dreams, what he really wanted was to make her cry out his name for real. 

Glancing at the television, he picked up the remote and turned off the movie that was playing.  JC crouched down next to the couch.  Tentatively he reached out his hand and softly brushed his fingertips against her cheek, expecting Rachel to wake up.  But she didn't move. 

~~~~~~

Rachel turned in his arms, needing to see him; to kiss him.  As her eyes met his, her breath caught in her throat at the purely predatory look in those sapphire orbs.  Part of her wanted to step away--a sense of fear washing over her at the evil she could see in his eyes, lurking just beneath the surface-but a larger part found herself being drawn in, unable to look away.  The arm that was still around her waist tightened as he drew her closer, while he lifted his other hand--his fingertips tracing along her cheekbone.  As he lowered his head, his lips finally touching hers, Rachel relaxed against him.  Her fear fleeing. 

What had started as a slow, seductive kiss soon turned into a passionate and heated exchange and Rachel had to tear her lips from his as she desperately sought for air.  Winding her arms around his neck she sunk her fingers into his dark hair.  As his lips burned a slow trail down her neck Rachel felt her head falling back, allowing him access to her throat--her eyes closing. 

He stopped suddenly, pulling his lips from her skin, and she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth--waiting.  She knew what was coming.  Somehow, she knew what was coming and she wanted it. 

"Rachel?" He breathed, his nose brushing along her throat.  The question in his voice made her stomach quiver.

"Yes." She replied, giving him permission.  "Yes."

Suddenly, he sunk his teeth into her tender flesh and she let out a gasp--her arms tightening around his neck.  If he hadn't been holding her up, she would have collapsed as her knees gave out.  "Yes." She breathed.

"Rachel?" He asked again, as he released her and pulled back-their eyes meeting.  The sight of the blood on his lips should have repulsed her, but instead she found herself more aroused than she'd ever been before.  She watched as his tongue darted out, licking the blood away and she groaned. 

"Rachel?" He repeated.

"I'm here." She told him, pulling his head back down to her throat.  "Take me."

"Rachel!" He replied insistently, pulling away from him. 

"What?" She asked.

"Wake up."

~~~~~~

"No." Rachel murmured, her brow furrowing as if she were in pain. 

"Come on, Sass." JC whispered as he brushed his lips against hers.  "Wake up."  He couldn't handle it anymore.  Watching her in the throws of an intimate and incredibly passionate dream was driving him crazy.

"No." She whimpered.  "Please..."

"Wake up." JC breathed as he kissed along her jaw line.  "I need you." His lips pressed against her neck.  "Please...wake up."  He pulled back and watched as Rachel finally opened her eyes and looked at him.  He smiled.  "Hi.  I--"

But before he could get another word in she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him fiercely.  JC was taken back by her sudden attack on him, but his surprise only lasted a second before he was quickly taking advantage of the situation.  She let out a seductive moan as he moved a top her on the couch--their lips moving together as their tongues battled for supremacy.  Slipping his hands beneath her shirt he lifted the fabric, suddenly needing to be as close as possible to her.  When she had left this morning mad at him, JC hadn't been sure what he was going to come home to but now he was regretting he hadn't come home sooner! 

"Bite me." Rachel breathed.

"What?" JC asked, pulling back to look at her in question.  Rachel opened her eyes.  "Bite you?" He questioned.  She nodded.  He narrowed his eyes as he looked at her. 

Rachel closed her eyes and arched slightly beneath him--exposing her neck to him.  JC lifted one brow as he continued to look down at his fiancée.  His lips twitched upward as he lowered his head.  He wasn't sure what exactly had gotten into her tonight, but he liked it. 

He really liked it. 

~~~~~~

"That..." JC panted as he rolled over, lying on his back on the floor.  "Was hot!"  He breathed heavily, as he attempted to catch his breath.  "What do I have to do to get that again?"

Rachel giggled as she rolled over and draped herself across his chest.  "Become a vampire." She replied leaning down to kiss him then ran her fingers through his hair.  She wasn't sure exactly when they had ended up on the floor, but she honestly didn't care.  She'd never experienced anything like what had just happened between them and ending up on the floor next to the couch was a small price to pay.

JC put one arm around her--his hand pressing against her back as he held her close.  "Is that all?" He teased as he pulled her back down for another kiss. 

"Mmm-hmm." She nodded as she licked her lips.  "You're already pale enough." She remarked with a grin as she reached her hand out--running her fingertips over his bottom lip.  "And let me tell you..." she lowered her head as she placed her lips against his bare chest.  "You are one. Hot. Vampire."  She remarked, punctuating each word with another kiss.

JC let out a groan.  "I have never..." He sighed as he shook his head.  "That was hot."

"Thank you, Paris Hilton." Rachel laughed with a roll of her eyes. 

JC chuckled as he lifted a hand and brushed her hair over her shoulder.  He cupped the side of her neck with one hand--his thumb running over the bite he had given her.  "How in the world did I survive without you, Sass?" He looked at her in amazement.  Rachel's stomach quivered as their eyes met--a comfortable silence surrounding them.  "You're going to have a mark for a while." He informed her quietly as he looked at her neck.  "It's starting to bruise."

"Good." Rachel replied as she put her hand over his.  JC looked at her in question.  "It'll give the paparazzi something else to speculate about instead of whether or not I'm pregnant."  JC chuckled.  "Besides," She replied with a smile.  "I kind of like knowing you've marked me and everyone can see it." She leaned towards him, barely touching her lips to his--their eyes remaining locked on each other's.  "It's hot." She breathed. 

JC lifted his head slightly to capture her mouth with his.  The hand that had been on her neck moved up, his fingers tangling in her hair as he rolled them--laying her back against the floor.  Their lips met again and again with increasing passion.

"Warn me the next time you're going to watch that damn movie." He murmured against her lips.  "So I can be prepared, okay."

"Okay." Rachel laughed as she put her arms around his neck and kissed him soundly.  "I promise." 

~~~~~~

Aubrey sat at her grandmother's kitchen table, running the middle finger of her right hand around the lip of her glass in a rhythmic motion.  Her left elbow was propped up on the table, her chin resting in her hand, as she stared at the wall--a million thoughts racing through her head.  She had homework she needed to be working on, but she just couldn't concentrate.  Every time she sat down to read, her mind began to wander.  Everyone around her was looking and waiting for an answer from her. 

The week in Tennessee with Justin and his family had been incredible!  Aubrey had discovered another side of Justin that she adored--the sweet and simple country boy--and she had begun to fantasize about them moving back there when they got married.  His hometown was the kind of place she had always wanted to live in; the kind of place where you knew everyone and your neighbors felt more like family.  Justin wasn't a superstar when he was home.  He had taken her around--showing her all of his favorite places and Aubrey had begun to forget about the attention always surrounding him back in California.  Reality had been intruded however, as soon as they had stepped off the plane in L.A.  The paparazzi were starting to get more intrusive as the N SYNC reunion tour got closer to kicking off and Aubrey knew--as long as she was with Justin--the normal life she had always planned for herself wasn't going to happen. 

Since they had gotten home--and she'd called a halt to their hurried wedding plans--Justin had hinted a few more times about her moving in with him and Aubrey didn't know how much longer she could keep putting him off.. It wasn't that she didn't love him and didn't want to be with him, but something was holding her back.  Something she couldn't quite put her finger on.  Rachel was also still waiting for an answer about the job she'd offered last week, but Aubrey couldn't make up her mind on that either.  She wanted to take the job--it would give her the chance to finish her degree quicker--but again, there was something holding her back.  Something was keeping her from giving everyone the answers they were looking for. 

"You want to talk about it?"

Aubrey sat up and shook her head, snapping out of the daze she'd been in as Grams sat down beside her at the table.  She picked up her glass and took a sip of the apple juice she had poured herself earlier.  "Talk about what?" She asked.

"Whatever it is that's got you looking so troubled." Grams replied.  Aubrey looked down at the table.  "Is everything okay between you and Justin?" Grams asked.

"Yes." Aubrey nodded, looking over at her grandmother.  "Why?  Everything's fine."

"I'm just trying to figure out what's got you so quiet and serious this evening." Grams replied.  "You look like you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders.  Plus," she continued.  "Justin hasn't been over here in a few days and you haven't been over at his house at all this week."

Aubrey sighed as she once more placed her chin in her hand.  She didn't need to be reminded of how long it had been since they had seen each other--she was all too aware of the time apart.  "He's been busy." She replied, absently drawing a figure eight with her fingertip on the tabletop. That was only partially true.  The truth of the matter was, until she was able to figure out what was going on inside of her, she felt like she was just leading him on and being with him, under these circumstances, made her feel like a horrible person.  Why couldn't she give him what he wanted?

"What's going on, Aubrey?" Grams asked.

"I don't know." Aubrey sighed.  "I just...I don't know what to do anymore.  Justin wants me to move in with him and he hasn't asked-in so many words--but I know he wants to set a date for the wedding.  Rachel's offered me a job that will allow me to go to school full-time and is waiting for me to get back to her, but I can't seem to give either of them the answers that they want." Grams remained silent and Aubrey scrubbed her hands over her face.  "I don't know what my problem is!  Why can't I give them the answers they want?"

"What do you want?" Grams asked.

"I want to give them the answers they want." Aubrey replied.

"Do you?" Grams asked.

Aubrey blew out a frustrated breath as she lowered her hands.  "I don't know!" She exclaimed--her voice cracking at the tears that suddenly formed.  "I don't know." She repeated quietly.  Grams was quiet for a moment and then stood up.  Aubrey watched as her grandmother walked over to the counter, opened a drawer and pulled out a small notepad.  Grabbing a pencil from the jar by the telephone, Grams returned to the table and set the paper and pencil in front of Aubrey.

"I think it's time to figure that out."  Grams said.  "Close your eyes.  Clear your mind.  Listen to your heart and make a list of the things you want, Aubrey."

Aubrey picked up the pencil and pulled the notepad in front of her.  Glancing up at Grams who gave her a nod of encouragement, she then turned back to the pad.  Taking a deep breath Aubrey began to write.

I want...

~~~~~~

Megan rolled over in bed the next morning, her arm reaching out reflexively for Jackson.  When her hand only met empty space she opened her eyes and sat up slightly.  As the last remnants of sleep fled, she fell back against the pillows and turned back over.  He wasn't there.  Megan closed her eyes and curled up into a ball beneath the covers of the bed that--until she had moved out to go to college ten years ago--had been hers.  She pulled the old purple comforter under her chin as she stared at the wall.

It had been two days since she had confronted Jackson about Kate.  Two days since she had walked out on him.  Two days since she had seen or spoken to him or anyone for that matter--besides her mother and Scott.  Not that he hadn't tried.  Her eyes moved over to the pink roses sitting in a vase on the dresser across the room.  He had come over yesterday, wanting to talk to her but Megan had stubbornly stayed in her room.  The flowers had arrived an hour later with a card that simply stated: I'm sorry. 

Her cell phone vibrated on the bedside table.  She looked over at it as it continued to alert her to an incoming call, but made no move to answer it.  She knew who it was and she didn't want to talk.  Talking would lead to crying and Megan knew as soon as she started that she wouldn't be able to stop.  The phone went silent.  A moment later it beeped-alerting her to yet another voicemail message waiting for her.  Tucking her chin beneath the comforter and burrowing further under the blankets, Megan closed her eyes--wishing with everything inside of her that she could somehow wake up from this nightmare that had become her life.

What had she done to deserve this?  Why was she now faced with the daunting responsibility of being a single parent?  She had tried so hard to avoid becoming like her mother, and now here she was--alone with a baby depending on her.  But what hurt the most, was knowing she had lost her heart.  The man she had foolishly believed was her soul mate and Prince Charming had taken it and she knew she wasn't ever going to get it back. 

A knock came at the bedroom door suddenly, and Megan sniffed--lifting a hand to wipe away the tears that had leaked from beneath her lashes.  She turned and sat up in the bed as the door opened and her mother poked her head into the room. 

"Rachel wants to talk to you." Rebecca Harris told her daughter as she held out the phone.  "She's called a dozen times the last couple days.  I can't keep putting her off."

"I don't want to talk to her." Megan shook her head as she looked down at her hands in her lap.  She heard her mother sigh as she assured Rachel that Megan was fine and would call her back and then hung up the phone.  Rebecca walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge, facing her daughter. 

"How did you do it, Mom?" Megan asked, still looking down at her hands.  "How did you pick up and keep going after Dad left?"

"I didn't have a choice." Rebecca replied.  "I did what I had to do for you and your brother." 

"I tried..." Megan began, but her voice broke.  She swallowed the lump in her throat.  "I love you, Mom but I don't want to be like you."

"You're not, Megan." Rebecca insisted.  She reached out and lifted Megan's chin.  "You're not."

"Yes I am." Megan replied, as her tear fell.  "I'm alone now."

Rebecca shook her head.  "You're not alone, Megan.  Jackson loves you.  Why else has he been calling you," she reached over and picked up Megan's cell phone, "and me non-stop for the last two days."  She placed the phone in Megan's lap.  Megan looked down at the screen.  42 missed calls. "Why else has he been over here the last two days trying to see you?  To talk to you?  Why else would he send you flowers?  If he didn't love you, your walking out wouldn't have phased him in the slightest.  But it has.  Honey, he's as broken up about this situation as you are.  Jackson is a good man." Rebecca continued.  "He is not your father."

"But the secrets, Mom!" Megan exclaimed as she looked at her mother.  "He kept everything about Kate hidden!  Why didn't he tell me what was going on?"

"I don't know." Rebecca answered.  "But have you tried to see it from his point of view?  Why do you think he kept it from you?" She asked.  "He knows your past.  He knows what happened with your father."  Rebecca placed her hand on Megan's cheek.  "Did you stop to think that maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want to hurt you more than you've already been hurt?  That he was trying to save you from the pain it would cause you knowing?" 

Megan was quiet as she thought about what her mother had just said.  Had she overreacted in just walking away?  She hadn't stopped to think about it from his point of view-she'd been too angry and upset over finding out.  Had he kept it from her because he knew how she would react and he had been trying to protect her? 

"Your husband was doing what he thought--"

"He's not my husband." Megan interrupted quietly.  "We're not married anymore." She continued, her bottom lip trembling as she voiced the one thought that hurt the most.  She looked down at her wedding ring.  "We never really were."

"Then get married again." Her mother countered.

"I don't know if I want to." Megan admitted.

Rebecca was quiet for a moment.  "Sounds like you have a decision to make." She stated.  "But don't let your fear keep you from the one you should be with."  She stood to leave but turned back around and handed the wireless handset to Megan.  "And please call Rachel back before she has a nervous breakdown and decides to drive out here to check on you." 

~~~~~~

"Justin?" Rachel's brow furrowed in question as she opened her front door.  She put her cell phone into her pocket.  She'd been trying to call Megan since yesterday.  Megan was still avoiding her.  Even though Rebecca Harris had just told her that Megan would call her back, Rachel wondered if she would. "What are you doing here?" She asked, turning her attention to the man currently standing on her front step.  "JC's down at the studio--"

"I know where he is." Justin interrupted her.  Rachel stood looking at him--one hand on the doorknob, as her other hand came up to rest on her hip.  "I came to see you." He informed her.  Rachel's brows lifted in surprise.  "Can I come in?" He asked.

"Sure." Rachel replied, stepping back as she opened the door further.  She watched as he walked inside then stood in the foyer--looking nervous and uncomfortable.  Rachel shut the front door then turned to look at him.  "What's up?" She asked, studying him closely. 

"I need to..." He stopped.  "Can we go sit down or something?"

"You know where the couch is." She replied, holding her hand out.  Justin nodded once then turned.  Instead of heading into the front room as she expected, Justin walked back towards the great room.  Rachel followed after him--confused at his odd behavior.  What in the hell is going on?  She wanted to ask as he sat down on the couch.  She watched as he leaned over, resting his arms on his knees.  His hands were clasped together and his left knee was bouncing slightly in agitation. 

"Are you on something right now?" She asked suddenly as she sat down beside him.  In the two years that she'd known him, she'd never seen him act this way before.

"No." He replied as he turned his blue eyes on her. 

"Then what in the hell is going on?" She questioned.  "You're acting really strange--even for you."

Justin swallowed and looked back at his hands.  "Has..." he stopped and cleared his throat.  "Has Aubrey...talked to you...in the last couple days?"

Rachel's brows furrowed again in confusion.  "We talked a few days ago at lunch." She replied.  "Why?"  She had to lean close to him as the next words out of his mouth were barely whispered. 

"I think she's getting ready to break up with me."

Chapter End Notes:
well...what'dya think??  I told you...lots of drama...


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: showersex jc justin