Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy Monday :)
One month later...

"The only things he told you to pack were a swimming suit and your black dress?" Rachel asked Aubrey as the girls worked at putting together the desk spread out in front of them.

"Yep." Aubrey nodded.  "Can you hand me that screwdriver?" She asked, pointing to the tool by Rachel. Rachel had finally found a retail space she liked and felt like she could afford and had put a bid in on it a few weeks ago. Last week she'd been notified that her bid had been accepted and, after signing the papers yesterday, the two of them had begun to set up the office.

"What do you think he has planned?" Rachel asked as she flipped through the instruction book that had come with the desk.  "I don't think that part goes there." She remarked, looking back and forth between the directions and the pieces Aubrey was putting together.

"Yes, it does." Aubrey replied, wiping the back of her hand across her forehead.  "See?" She pointed at the illustration on the page.  "A and B go together like this." She gestured at what she was doing.  "And that's what I'm doing."

"Okay..." Rachel drawled sounding unsure.

"Trust me." Aubrey chuckled.

"I do." Rachel replied. "But I'm also glad this is going to be your desk." She teased.  Both girls laughed.

"To answer your question." Aubrey said as she went back to work assembling.  "I have no idea what Justin is planning.  I never know what that boy is planning." She sighed.  "All the men who say women are hard to understand, haven't lived with the one and only Justin Timberlake."

"I hope they haven't lived with him." Rachel giggled.

Aubrey laughed as she rolled her eyes.  "You know what I mean."

"I know." Rachel chuckled.  "Believe me.  JC can be so irritating and confusing sometimes, but..." she smiled and shrugged.  "It's a small price to pay."

Aubrey smiled.  "What is there to do in Florida for four days wearing either a formal dress or a swimming suit?" She asked.

"I don't know." Rachel replied with a shake of her head.  "I've never been there, but I'm planning on finding out this weekend."

"You're going to Florida this weekend?" Aubrey asked in surprise as she looked over at the other girl.

Rachel nodded.  "I thought I told you."  Aubrey shook her head.  "Oh," Rachel remarked with a shrug of one shoulder.  "I'm going to Florida this weekend." She told Aubrey making her chuckle.  "The guys have a couple days off--as you know," she grinned at Aubrey.  "And it's been a couple weeks since I saw JC in Phoenix.  I figured it was time to surprise him.  Besides...I'm dying to see what Justin has planned for your birthday."

"JC doesn't know you're coming?" Aubrey asked.

"Nope." Rachel shook her head.  "And if he finds out, I'll know who told him." She continued, picking up a pair of pliers and holding them out towards Aubrey threateningly. 

"My lips are sealed." Aubrey chuckled.  "Too bad we can't fly out together." She mused.  "It's a long flight from L.A. to Orlando."

"We are." Rachel replied. 

"Really?" Aubrey looked at her in question.  "How in the world did you swing that?"

"I know a guy." Rachel shrugged, a mischievous smile on her face.  Aubrey continued to look at her and she finally broke down laughing.  "I called Justin and got your flight information from him last week." 

"If JC finds out you're coming you can blame Justin." Aubrey told her.  "His mouth sometimes gets him into trouble."

Rachel laughed.  "We should go shopping." She stated.

"Why?" Aubrey asked.

"Because we're going to Florida." Rachel replied as if the answer were obvious.  "It's the perfect excuse to buy some new clothes, and I want to get a new bikini, don't you?"

"Uh..." Aubrey hesitated. 

"You have a bikini, right?" Rachel asked.  "Please don't tell me that you're going to  bring a one-piece."

Aubrey felt her cheeks warm slightly.  "There's nothing wrong with a one-piece." She defended.  "Besides, I don't think you want to see this," she waved her arm down her body.  "In a bikini." She teased, trying to laugh her way out of the awkward situation.

"Justin does." Rachel replied confidently. 

"I can't." Aubrey shook her head, focusing her attention on the desk. 

"Why not?" Rachel prodded.  "Aubrey, you're not fat."

"It's not that." Aubrey answered. 

"Then what is it?"

"I'm just not...comfortable...showing off my body like that." Aubrey replied.  "I never have been."

"It's time to break out of your shell, Aubrey." Rachel told her.  "And this is the perfect time to do it.  If Justin's never seen you in a bikini, imagine what he's going to do when you put one on." She grinned.  "Come on..." She begged with a smile on her face. 

Aubrey looked at her for a moment, thinking.  "I don't know..." She drawled.

"You'll be fine." Rachel assured her.  "Come on."

Aubrey took a deep breath.  "Fine." She replied with a sigh. 

"Yea!" Rachel exclaimed, excitedly clapping her hands together then stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Aubrey asked. 

"Shopping!" Rachel replied.  "Come on."

~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think you and JC will ever have kids?" Aubrey asked Rachel that evening.  After spending the afternoon shopping for their upcoming weekend trip, the girls had gone back to Rachel's house, ordered some pizza and were going to watch a movie.

"Yes."  Rachel answered as she sat down on the couch next to her.  "Some day.  That was a random question." She chuckled as she picked up a slice of pizza and took a bite.

"I was just curious." Aubrey shrugged.  She kept her eyes focused on the plate sitting on her lap.  "Do you think..." Aubrey paused.  "I mean...with JC's past, do you think you guys would ever adopt?"

"I don't know." Rachel answered as she took another bite.  "We haven't really talked about it.  Why?"

"No reason." Aubrey replied as she took a bite of her pizza, wishing she had just kept her mouth closed.  She knew she had piqued Rachel's interest--she could see it in her friend's eyes-and once her interest was piqued, Rachel wasn't one to let something go without getting the answers she felt she needed.

"Are you and Justin talking about having kids?" Rachel asked, watching Aubrey intently.

"We've talked about." Aubrey nodded.  "But I can't."

"He's not going to be a super celebrity forever." Rachel told her.  "One day everyone's going to forget all about Justin Timberlake and he'll be just a regular guy."

Aubrey looked at Rachel skeptically.  Somehow she doubted Justin would ever be a "regular guy."  She shook her head.  "That's not what I mean." She remarked.  "That's not the reason." She said, wracking her brain trying to remember if she'd ever divulged her medical history with Rachel.

"Then what is the reason?" Rachel inquired.

"I...can't have kids."   Aubrey told her. 

"Rachel looked at her in question.  "What do you mean?" She questioned.

"I can't get pregnant." Aubrey's confession was met with silence for a moment.

"At all?" Rachel asked.  Aubrey shook her head.  "So...are you guys planning on adopting?"

Aubrey sighed as she picked at the pizza crust on her plate.  "I don't know.  He says he wants to have kids and I've always wanted a family but adopting..." Aubrey hesitated.  "I want to have Justin's baby." She confessed quietly, voicing the thought aloud for the first time.  "Not somebody else's." She said, feeling guilty as the words left her mouth.  She knew that no matter how she and Justin had children she would love them but--since they had discussed having a family and Justin had told her that if she wanted to they would start looking into adopting--all Aubrey could think about was having a baby with Justin's curls and bright blue eyes.  She knew it was an impossible dream, but she couldn't deny the longing she felt to be able to have that part of him forever--to know they had created a child together.

"Have you thought about getting a surrogate?" Rachel asked.  Aubrey looked up at her in surprise.     

"A surrogate?" Aubrey questioned.

Rachel nodded as she took a sip of her Diet Coke.  "A little something from you, a little something from Justin, and viola!  You've got yourself a baby!" She grinned.  "You just need somebody else to carry it but it would be yours." Rachel told her.   

"I hadn't thought about...would that..." Aubrey paused, trying to adjust to the idea.  "Do you think that would work?" She asked, a sliver of hope beginning to flicker in her chest.  Maybe her dream of having Justin's baby wasn't as impossible as she thought.

"Why wouldn't it?" Rachel asked.  "Unless there's something wrong with Justin..." She left the question open and looked at Aubrey expectantly. 

"No." Aubrey chuckled, her cheeks warming.  "No.  There's nothing wrong with Justin."

"Then it'll work." Rachel smiled as she nodded her head confidently.  "Now that we've solved that problem," she said, grabbing another piece of pizza.  "On to the next one!" Aubrey chuckled.  "What movie do you want to watch?"  

~~~~~~~~

"This airport is insane!" Rachel exclaimed as she and Aubrey walked through the Orlando International Airport Saturday afternoon.  "Look." She said pointing, as she adjusted her purse on her shoulder.  "There's a hotel right in the middle of it!  Are we renting a car?" She asked.  "Or what's the deal?"

"I talked to Justin last night." Aubrey replied.  "They guys are all at sound check right now, so he said he was going to send somebody to pick us up."

"Somebody?" Rachel questioned.  "Did he say who?"

"Nope." Aubrey shook her head.  "He just said to look for someone at the pick-up area after we got our luggage." She looked over at Rachel as her phone began to ring.

"It's JC." Rachel told her.  "I don't know how much longer I can keep lying to him." She remarked as she flipped open her phone and pressed it to her ear.  "Hey, pop star." She greeted JC with a smile and Aubrey chuckled as the girls kept walking.  "How's sound check going?"

Aubrey tuned Rachel out as she continued talking to JC--explaining to him again about why she couldn't possibly come see him this weekend because of needing to get everything set up at the office now that she had a place--and kept an eye out for the "somebody" Justin had sent to pick them up as they approached the baggage claim and passenger pick-up area.

"...why don't you come home this weekend?" Aubrey heard Rachel ask JC.  "You're perfectly capable of getting on a plane, just the same as I am." Aubrey laughed again and Rachel winked at her.  Rachel sighed dramatically as she went back to her conversation.  "I know it's been two weeks, Jace, believe me."  She was quiet for a second.  "Of course I miss you!" She exclaimed.  "What kind of question is that?  Why are you being so whiney today?  Is everything okay?"  The girls stopped in front of the baggage carousel designated for the flight they had been on and waited for their bags.  "Look," Rachel said after a few minutes of listening to what JC was telling her.  "There's still a lot to do to get ready for the wedding but...maybe I can re-arrange a few things and meet up with you guys in Chicago next week, how about that?"  She listened again, nodding a few times.  "Yes...okay.  Good luck tonight.  Call me after the show, okay?"  She smiled.  "I gotta go." She said reaching for her suitcase as it came around on the carousel.  "I love you, too."  She ended the call and slipped the phone into her purse.

"You're going to be in trouble." Aubrey remarked as she grabbed her own bag and the girls turned to leave the area.

"What?" Rachel asked.  "Why?"

"Aren't you worried at all about the fact that you've been lying to him about this weekend?" Aubrey questioned.  "What is he going to do when you suddenly show up at the venue in an hour?"

Rachel laughed.  "He's going to stand there speechless for a minute." She said.  "Then he's going to kiss me and forget all about the fact that I've been lying to him for the last week.  Look," she said, pointing out a sign with Aubrey's name on it.  "I think that's for us."

Aubrey took in the man standing by the exit, holding a little white sign with "Aubrey Janae" printed on it, and couldn't help feeling slightly disappointed.  Though she knew it was impossible, she had hoped that Justin was just trying to be sneaky and he was actually going to be the one to pick them up.  But the man standing there waiting wasn't Justin.  Though his eyes were covered by a dark pair of glasses and his head covered with a black hat--completing the chauffer's uniform he was wearing--the thick blonde mustache covering his upper lip solidified the fact that it couldn't possibly be Justin.  The girls walked towards him and stopped.

"Are you Aubrey?" The man asked in a thick Russian accent.

"Yes." Aubrey nodded, her eyes narrowing slightly.  Though he spoke with an accent, his voice sounded suspiciously like Justin's.  She stood looking at him in silence for a moment, trying to convince herself she wasn't going crazy, until she saw the man's lips twitch up slightly at her continued staring.  "Justin?" She asked quietly. 

"Shhh!" He replied lifting his hand and lowering his sunglasses slightly--revealing his sparkling blue eyes.  He winked at her.  "My name is, Randy." He told her, putting the glasses back up on his nose and pointing to the name tag he was wearing.

"A Russian named, Randy?" Rachel asked with a laugh.  "You need to work on your undercover skills."  Justin grinned.  "How did you manage to get away from sound check, Randy?" Rachel asked with a chuckle.

"Very quietly." Justin replied, keeping the Russian accent.  "I think if we hurry we can get back before anyone notices I'm gone."

"And I think you have way too much time on your hands." Aubrey remarked with a laugh as she reached up and tugged lightly at the mustache he was wearing. 

"Careful." He told her, smoothing his fingers over the facial hair.  "You're going to give me away.  The car is this way." He said.  "Follow me."

Aubrey and Rachel looked at each other as Justin began walking away and laughed.  "Are you sure you want to have his baby?" Rachel asked as they began following him. "He's a little crazy." She laughed.

"Yeah." Aubrey smiled, her eyes staying on Justin's back as he walked in front of them.  "He keeps life...interesting."

"I know you're talking about me." Justin said over his shoulder.  "I would suggest you stop if you want a ride."

"I wouldn't be making threats, Randy." Rachel replied.  "If you don't want us blowing your cover and getting you in even more trouble than you're going to be in when you get back to the venue."  

Justin shook his head and Aubrey heard him sigh dramatically which made her chuckle.  "I'm glad you're here, Rachel." Justin stated but Aubrey couldn't tell if he were being sincere or facetious. 

"Why's that?" Rachel asked.

"Because JC has been in a bad mood ever since you left him in Phoenix." He replied, turning around to look at the girls.  "Especially today.  I'm really hoping you can cheer him up."

"What did you do to him this time?" Rachel teased.

"Me?" Justin asked, stopping and putting a hand against his chest.  "How come whenever JC's in a bad mood everybody automatically assumes it's because I've done something?" Rachel and Aubrey looked at each other and then back at him.  "Don't even say it." He said pointing a finger at them, guessing what they were both thinking.  Both girls began laughing and he turned back around, grumbling under his breath as they walked out into the parking garage.  He finally stopped next to a black Lexus and opened the trunk. 

Aubrey stood next to him as he put the bags in.  When he shut the trunk he turned to look at her.  Reaching up she took off the hat and dark glasses he was wearing and set them on the trunk of the car.  Justin put his arms around her waist--pulling her tight against him-and leaned his head down to kiss her. 

"Uh-uh." Aubrey shook her head, placing the fingers of one hand against his lips as she leaned away from him. 

"Are you kidding me?" He asked.  "Four weeks, Aubrey Janae." He all but growled.  "I haven't been able to see you, touch you, or kiss you for four.  Whole.  Weeks.  I flew you here, I spent the last two months planning your birthday present and you're going to stand here and deny me?  Really?"

Aubrey laughed.  "I just want you to take off that stupid mustache first." She told him.  "I can't take you serious while you're wearing it."

Justin narrowed his eyes at her as he lifted one hand, ripped the mustache from his face and--before she could blink-bent her back over his arm as his mouth captured hers in a heated and driven kiss.  Aubrey wound her arms around his neck as she kissed him back enthusiastically--quickly becoming lost in the exchange. 

Rachel cleared her throat and Justin reluctantly pulled away from Aubrey--glaring at Rachel.

"Look, I know you two are excited to see each other," Rachel began.  "But I'm kind of anxious to see my man."  She folded her arms over her chest. "Do you think maybe we could get going?" She asked, gesturing towards the car. 

Justin placed one more, hard kiss to Aubrey's lips before straightening.  Aubrey giggled as he unwound his arms from around her, tugged on the black suit jacket he was wearing, grabbed his hat, and turned towards Rachel as he put the hat back on his head.  "JC better be in one hell of a good mood after this weekend."  He told her, jerking the back seat door open.  "Or else..."        

~~~~~~~~

Rachel followed Aubrey and Justin into the venue, keeping an eye out for JC.  Her heart was skipping in her chest.  True, it had only been about ten days since they'd spent the weekend together in Phoenix, but she was anxious to see him again.  The three of them wound their way through the chaos going on backstage until Justin opened a door and let them into a large room. 

"Aubrey!" Chris exclaimed, jumping up from the couch where he had been lounging.  "You're looking lovely today." 

"What exactly is this strange fascination you seem to have with my fiancée?" Justin questioned Chris as he slung his arm over Aubrey's shoulders.

"I'm just hoping that when she realizes you can't give her what she wants, that she'll see that I can." Chris answered, puffing out his chest arrogantly. 

"Sit down, old man." Justin replied, reaching out and shoving Chris back down on the couch. 

"Where's JC?" Rachel inquired, looking around the room. 

"I think he's out on his bus." Lance answered.

"His bus?" She questioned.  "Why is he out there?"

"He wasn't feeling well during sound check." Joey supplied. "Said he was going to go out there where it was quiet until the show started."

"Where are the buses?"

~~~~~~~~

"JC?"

JC groaned as someone called his name.  He heard the door of his tour bus close and a set of footsteps walk back towards the bedroom at the back of the bus where he was.  "Is it time to go on, already?" He muttered, trying to gather the strength to get out of bed.  He felt like he'd only barely lain down.  He felt terrible and wanted nothing but to just stay in bed, but...duty called.

"JC?"

Again his name was called and he slowly sat up, leaning his legs over the side of the bed.  Leaning his elbows on his knees he put his head in his hands and prayed for the strength he needed to make it through the show tonight.  He had been feeling sick all day and had barely made it through sound check a few hours ago.  If he could just make it through the next few hours he could sleep for the four days they had off until their next show.

"Jace?"  The voice called out again.

"I'm up." He mumbled.

"Josh?"

He turned his head towards the door and opened his eyes.  "Rachel?" He questioned. 

"Joshua, what's wrong?" She asked in concern as she walked towards him.

He placed his head in his hands again.  "I must be sicker than I thought." He muttered.  "I'm hallucinating now."

"You're not hallucinating." Rachel said, coming to kneel down in front of him.  She put her hands on his face and lifted his head to look at her.  "You're burning up!" She exclaimed, putting her hands on his face and brushing his hair back from his face.  Her beautiful brown eyes were clouded with fear and worry as she looked up at him.  He leaned into her touch, her hands feeling cool against his heated skin and closed his eyes.  "You can't go on stage like this."  

"I have to..." JC trailed off.

"No." Rachel stated.  He opened his eyes and watched as she shook her head.  "I won't let you."  She stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked, reaching for her hand and looking up at her.  He didn't want her to leave.  He didn't know how she'd gotten there or how she had known that he needed her, but he didn't want to let her go.

"I'll be back." She assured him, putting her other hand on his face--her thumb stroking his cheek.  "I have to go find someone to tell them that you can't go on tonight and they need to cancel the show."

"No." JC shook his head.  "I don't...I don't want to cancel the show." 

"JC." Rachel replied, putting her other hand on her hip.  "I'm not letting you go out on stage tonight when you can't even get out of bed!"

"Who are you, my mother?" He asked with a teasing smile though he was secretly glad she was insisting he stay in bed.  He knew he wasn't going to be able to perform tonight.  He put his hand over hers where it rested on his face and looked up at her.

"No." She replied with a quiet chuckle.  "But in two weeks I am going to be your wife, and I don't want you killing yourself before we have a chance to say I do."  He chuckled.  "Especially after all the time and hard work I've put in to planning everything.  Now please," she pled.  "Lie down.  I'll be back."

JC lay back down, reluctantly letting go of Rachel's hand as she stepped away from the bed.  "I'll be back." She promised.  He watched her leave the room then closed his eyes, grateful for the miracle of her appearance.  If he wasn't so sick he would be excited at the prospect of being able to spend the next four days with her, showing her around Orlando.  As it was all he wanted was for her to come back and put her arms around him.  As he allowed himself to fall asleep, JC willed Rachel to come back as quickly as possible.

~~~~~~~~

"Well..." Justin turned from watching Rachel leave to look at Aubrey.  "It appears we have a free night, now that the show's been cancelled.  What do you want to do?"

"I'm starving." She replied. 

"Step one." Justin stated as he put one arm around her waist and pulled her close.  "Feed the hungry fiancée."  Aubrey giggled as she looked up at him. 

"You guys want to come over to the house?" Chris offered.  "I can put out the call and we could have a party going in about forty-five minutes."

Justin looked down at Aubrey in question.  She shrugged.  "Whatever you want." She told him.  "As long as I get something to eat soon."

"I think we're going to go our own way tonight." Justin told Chris.  "But thanks."  He said.

"Your loss." Chris replied.

"What do you want to eat?" Justin asked Aubrey as they were left alone again. 

"I'm easy." She replied. 

"We'll get to that later." Justin smirked and Aubrey smacked his chest playfully. 

"You know Orlando better than I do." Aubrey stated.  "Surprise me."

Justin pursed his lips as he thought for a moment then grinned.  "Alright, come on." He said, grabbing her hand.  "Let's go.  I'll show you some of the sights."

~~~~~~~~

"Is it weird?" Aubrey asked as she reached for Justin's hand a few hours later--lacing her fingers with his as they left the restaurant.

"Is what weird?" He questioned as they began walking through the courtyard of the resort they'd come to and down to the beach. 

"Being back here--performing in Orlando again?" She clarified.

"A little." He nodded.  "I did spend a good portion of my childhood here."

"Do you miss it?" Aubrey asked, reaching up with her other hand to brush the hair from her face.  She watched as he looked around. 

"No." He finally shook his head.  "Don't get me wrong," he continued.  "I have a lot of great memories tied up here, but that doesn't mean I want to move back." They stopped as they reached the sand and Aubrey let go of his hand.  Reaching down they both took off their shoes then, holding them in one hand, laced their fingers together again.  "Was there a reason you asked?" He questioned as they continued walking. 

"No." Aubrey replied.  "I was just curious."  She smiled up at him and Justin gave her fingers a squeeze.  They were quiet for a moment as they walked along the beach.  Dinner had been amazing and, though she wouldn't wish the flu on anyone, Aubrey was secretly glad JC had gotten sick and the show had been cancelled.  She leaned her head against Justin's arm.  "I really missed you." She confessed quietly. 

Justin stopped and turned to look at her.  Dropping his shoes to the sand, he lifted his hand--tucking her hair behind her ear--then trailed his fingertips along the curve of her cheek.  "I missed you too, Aubrey Janae." He replied.  His fingers went under her chin as he lifted her face to his, their lips meeting in a warm kiss. 

Aubrey dropped her shoes then wound her arms around his neck as she kissed him back.  His lips moved against hers with the perfect combination of softness and strength that was all his own.  His nose brushed against hers as he tilted his head and deepened the kiss and Aubrey's entire body was tingling by the time he pulled back-both of them struggling for breath. 

"I love the way you kiss me." She sighed.  Justin leaned his forehead against hers and she closed her eyes. 

"What did you wish for?" He asked quietly.  Aubrey opened her eyes and looked at him in question.  "Last year." He clarified.  "What was your birthday wish?"

Aubrey was quiet as her eyes remained locked with his--her stomach quivering at the intensity in his blue eyes.  "I wanted you to see me." She told him, her fingers toying with the small hairs at the back of his neck.  He shivered slightly in her arms.  "As more than just a friend." 

Justin brushed his thumb back and forth across her bottom lip before closing the distance between them again, kissing her softly.  Aubrey closed her eyes, melting against him.  "And this year?" He asked his voice low, his warm breath hitting her lips.  "What are you going to wish for?"

She shook her head.  "I don't know." She replied honestly, opening her eyes once more to look at him.  "I feel guilty wishing for anything else when I have so much.  I just want you." She continued.  "I don't know what you have planned for the next few days, but all I want is to be with you."

He smiled.  "Your wish is my command."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: showersex jc justin