Author's Chapter Notes:
I know you guys just want to read about Rachel/JC and Aubrey/Justin, but Megan is going to be a bigger part of this story and this chapter is setting that up.  Without all this background information the rest of the story isn't going to make much sense...

"The guys were great last night." Megan Taylor said, her voice coming over the phone Tuesday night.

"Yeah, they were." Rachel answered with a smile as she bent her head, holding her cell phone between her ear and shoulder as she folded the clothes in front of her and put them into her suitcase.

"I forgot how much I missed seeing and watching them all together.  Justin was cute when he got all tongue tied when Conan asked him about Aubrey." Megan chuckled.

"If you thought that was cute, you should have seen Aubrey's blush!" Rachel laughed.

"How's she doing with all the publicity?" Megan asked.

"Well..." Rachel chuckled.  "There really hasn't been a whole lot up until now.  Everyone's just starting to hear about their engagements and ask questions and now with the tour kicking off...I don't know." She sighed.  "Honestly, I'm a little worried about her." Rachel turned and sat down on the bed.  "She's so sweet and naïve.  I don't want her to become jaded by everything, you know?"

"You did okay with the transition." Megan offered.

"Yeah, but let's be honest." Rachel laughed as she flopped back on the bed.  "Not that many people were really interested in Jace anymore before he released his CD last year."

"True." Megan chuckled.  "But you still had to make a transition.  She'll be fine.  She's got you to show her the ropes." She continued and Rachel smiled.  "So are you packed?" Megan asked.

"No." Rachel laughed.  "Did you really just ask me that?" She asked.  "Don't you know me at all?"

Megan laughed in response.  "Well, you know..." She drawled and Rachel could picture her friend shrugging.

"I've still got..." Rachel lifted her head slightly and looked at the clock on the nightstand.  "Almost nine hours before our flight leaves." She continued as she lay back again.  "I'm fine.  I've got all night."

"Oh, okay." Megan laughed.  "Where's JC tonight?"

"Rehearsing." Rachel answered, brushing her hair back from her face.  "He was supposed to be home a few hours ago, but he's not which means he's going to be tired and cranky when he gets home." And so much fun to travel with tomorrow. She thought with a roll of her eyes.  "But enough about me." She said, waving her hand through the air.  "Tell me about you.  Have you talked to Jackson yet?"

~~~~~~ 

Megan sighed as she sat down on the couch in her family room.  "No." She shook her head, though Rachel couldn't see her.  "We haven't...he's been busy."  Megan finished lamely as she picked at an invisible thread on her flannel pajama pants.  She didn't really want to talk about this right now and had been hoping Rachel wouldn't bring up the topic of them moving to California.  She was bound to ask questions that Megan didn't have the answers to or want to talk about. 

"Megs..." Rachel whined.  "You said you were going to talk to him!" Megan rolled her eyes and fought the smile that came with the mental picture of Rachel pouting. 

"I know." Megan sighed.  "I know.  There's just been...a lot going on lately.  I'll talk to him." 

"I've got an appointment to talk to a loan officer when I get back at the end of the month." Rachel told her.  "So, not to pressure you or anything, but I kind of need an answer on whether you're going to do this with me by then."

"I'll talk to him!" Megan repeated, the answer coming out a bit harsher than she anticipated.

"Okay." Rachel chuckled in surrender at Megan's frustration.

Megan took a deep breath.  Getting angry was only going to make Rachel ask more questions.  "You'll have your answer by the time you get back, I promise." She said, forcing a smile as she leaned her head against the back of the couch and put her free hand over her eyes.  "I saw your Dad yesterday." She said, changing the subject.  She bit her lip, wondering if she was going to be able to keep the promise she'd just made to Rachel.  While moving to L.A. and helping Rachel in her new business endeavor was something she really wanted to do, there were more important things she needed to worry about at the moment. Like, where exactly my husband is right now.   

"Oh, yeah?" Rachel asked, bringing Megan from her thoughts.

"Yeah." Megan nodded. "I was over at my Mom's with Scotty yesterday and I saw him when we were out taking a walk."

"I need to call him." Rachel stated.

"Yes, you do." Megan replied.  The girls talked for another thirty minutes until Rachel finally admitted she should probably finish packing.  "Have fun." Megan told her wistfully.  "And know that I'm completely jealous."

"Don't be too jealous." Rachel laughed.  "I looked online today and the average temperature over there right now is 16."  She said and Megan laughed.  "What is so funny?" Rachel insisted.

"You!" Megan replied.  "Miss I-wear-socks-in-the-middle-of-the-summer!"

"Yeah, well..." Rachel trailed off.  "I can't help it if my feet are always cold.  Besides, I'm traveling over there with my own personal space heater." She replied.

Megan burst out laughing at Rachel's definition of JC.

"Now what are you laughing at?" Rachel asked with a chuckle.

"I don't think Jace has enough body fat to be considered a space heater." Megan answered.

"Body fat or not, he makes me hot." Rachel stated firmly.

"And what are you going to do while that space heater is gone all day filming?" Megan asked.

"Stay as close to the fireplace in our room as possible." Rachel answered with a laugh and Megan joined her.

"Alright..." Megan drawled.  "Just remember it was your idea to tag along with him.  Don't come crying to me when you're freezing your butt off over there."

"I won't." Rachel promised.

"And if you do, promise you'll figure out the time difference before you call?" Megan asked.

"I promise." Rachel replied.  "And I'm going to bring you back something really cool!" She promised.  "I don't know what yet, but I'm going to search the city to find the perfect souvenir."

"Okay." Megan smiled.

"Alright," Rachel said.  "I really should go and finish all this packing.  Plus I've still got a couple loads of laundry I need to do tonight.  I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah." Megan nodded.

"Okay." Rachel laughed.  "Bye."

"Bye."    

Megan ended the call and looked down at the phone in her hands, her smile fading.  It had felt good to laugh with Rachel.  There hadn't been a lot to laugh about recently.  Her eyes strayed to the clock hanging above the entertainment center across the room from her. 9:45. He should have been home by now.  Her brows furrowed and she fought against the loneliness threatening to overwhelm her.  The sudden suffocating emptiness of the house felt like it was closing in on her.  She heard what she thought was a car door closing and her heart leapt.  Her eyes went to the garage door, silently willing it to open--for him to be there.  After sitting there for a few minutes--with no indication that it had been Jackson's car she had heard outside--the melancholy soon returned and Megan stood up.  She debated whether or not to call him but decided not to.  What good would it do?  She asked herself.  Slowly she made her way through the house, turning off all but the porch light and one lamp in the living room, as she made her way down the hall. 

She peeked into Scotty's room, the sight of her son sleeping quietly and peacefully in his bed lifting the corners of her lips slightly. It was had to believe he was almost a year old!  He was learning to walk and jabbered non-stop in his effort to try to talk.  She stepped towards the crib, her smile spreading as she looked down as his sweet, round face and she wished for time to slow down.  She wasn't ready to give up her baby quite yet.  As soon as he started walking in earnest and talking, it wouldn't be long before he was ready for school and before she knew it, he wouldn't need her anymore.

With a sad sigh she turned and tiptoed out of the nursery and continued toward her own room.  Not even bothering to brush her teeth, Megan turned out the light as the depression she's been battling the last few months grabbed a hold of her heart.  She crawled beneath the covers. 

Alone. 

Again. 

 ~~~~~~

Rachel turned her head as she flipped her cell phone closed and looked over at the open suit case lying on the bed next to her.  She sighed as she thought about everything she had to get done before she and JC left in the morning.  Alright, Rachel.  She told herself, taking a deep breath then releasing it.  Focus.  All you've really got to do is-

"Oof!" She exclaimed in surprise as JC suddenly appeared out of nowhere--the air leaving her lungs as he pounced atop her.  "Jace?" She laughed as he bent his head and started kissing her.  "What are you doing? Get off me!" She exclaimed as she put her hands on his chest and tried to push him away.

JC laughed as he pulled back and looked down at her, resting his weight on his elbows.  "I couldn't resist." He told her.  "You were just lying here with your arms wide open in invitation." His blue eyes sparkled as he grinned down at her. 

"Normally it would be." She told him, still trying to get him to move.  "But right now you're sweaty and gross."  She tried to catch her breath.  "And crushing me."  JC laughed again as he bent his head and nuzzled her neck.  Rachel finally gave up and relaxed back against the mattress.  "Fine," she said, throwing her arms out to the side once more in surrender.  "Have your way with me." She declared dramatically.

"Now, that's more like it." He replied, his lips beginning to roam over her skin.  Rachel sighed and wound her arms around his neck as his mouth finally connected with her own and she wondered if it would always be like this between them.  Would she always feel this excitement and the quickening of her pulse whenever he was near?  Would he always be able to leave her breathless with his kisses?  Would the love they shared always contain the same delicious mixture of lust and desire?

I hope so.  She thought as he finally released her mouth and looked down at her once more.  Rachel slowly opened her eyes--her lips lifting in a smile at the look in his blue eyes.  She lifted a hand, combing her fingers through his dark hair. 

"I need to finish packing." She told him.  "And cleaning."

"Why don't you forget about packing for a while and come help me clean up." He replied with a smirk and she laughed as she pushed at his chest once more.  "Come on." He said, finally moving to stand up.  Rachel leaned up on her elbows as she watched him--one eyebrow cocked.  "You know you want to." He continued with a seductive grin, walking backwards a few paces as he slowly removed the T-shirt that had been clinging to him. 

Damn!  She thought, her stomach beginning to quiver as her eyes roamed over his chest.  JC had always had a nice body but now, after being on tour with his own album last year and working with the rest of the guys for the N SYNC reunion tour starting in a couple months he was in incredible shape.  He stopped as he got to the doorway to the bathroom and looked at her-the electricity sparking hotly between them.  Slowly he lifted one hand and crooked a finger at her. 

Rachel had no choice but to stand and follow him. 

JC smiled triumphantly as she walked towards him and she laughed as she shook her head.  "It's really not fair, you know." She said as she stopped in front of him.  "How you can affect me so easily, and after all this time that we've been together."  She sighed in appreciation as her eyes once more traveled over his naked torso.

"All's fair in love and war, right?" He asked.

Rachel chuckled.  "Right." She replied.  JC lifted a hand, his fingers going beneath her chin as he stepped forward and lifted her face--pressing his lips against hers. 

"And this is definitely love." He said. 

Rachel laughed as she rolled her eyes.  "You are so cheesy sometimes!" She exclaimed.  He grinned and she smiled as she put her hands to his face, her lips finding his.  She gasped in surprise as JC suddenly broke the seal of their lips.  Leaning down, he wrapped his arms around her legs and lifted her--placing her over his shoulder.  "JC!" She exclaimed with a laugh.  "What are you doing?!  Put me down!"

JC just laughed as he turned and walked into the bathroom.  "Shower time!" He said as he opened the glass door to the shower and finally set her feet down on the tile.  He stepped in with her and shut the door. 

"Don't you dare!" Rachel warned pointing a finger at him as his hand slowly reached to turn on the water.  "I'm still dressed!  Jace...I'm warning you.  Wait...no!" She exclaimed as she crossed her arms in front of her face and turned away when he turned the water on--letting out a purely evil laugh.  Rachel gasped and took a step backwards.  Pushing her hair back she wiped the water from her face as she stepped out of the way of the spray of water.  "Joshua Scott Chasez!" She fumed as she put her hands on her hips.  "I can't believe you just did that!" 

"Ah, lighten up, Sass." He told her as he took a step towards her.  "A little water never hurt anyone."

Rachel glared at him for a moment fighting to keep a straight face but he was so damn adorable standing there in his basketball shorts dripping wet that she couldn't help but smile. 

"Atta girl." He grinned.  "Now," he said, as he took a step towards her.  "Let's work on getting you out of these wet clothes." He continued as he backed her up against the tile wall.  He placed his hands on either side of her--caging her in--as he leaned over her. "What do you say?" He asked, the low, seductive quality of his voice making her shiver as he bent his head, his nose nuzzling her ear as his lips nibbled at her jaw line.   

"I'd say you're damn lucky I love you so much." She told him breathlessly, fighting hard to keep her knees from buckling.  Steam from the hot water began rising around them as JC pulled back to look at her in question.  "This little stunt of yours," she continued with a gesture between them, "could have cost you big time." She finished.  He chuckled.

Rachel poked his chest playfully with one finger before placing her palm against his warm, wet skin.  The other hand soon followed and she watched as her fingers slid up and over his shoulders.  Rational thought left her head as instinct kicked in and before she knew it she bent forward, her lips beginning to follow the path of her hands--up his chest and the column of his neck. 

A low groan escaped JC--rumbling deep in his chest-as she took his earlobe into her mouth and Rachel thrilled in triumph, knowing that she was the one causing him to feel this pleasure.  It still blew her mind sometimes that she was with him; that this was real.   His hands came down suddenly.  Tightly gripping her hips he pulled her towards him and his mouth seized hers hungrily.  Rachel wound her arms around his neck--her fingers sinking into his dark hair--as she willingly surrendered to him.  Once again she thanked whatever god in heaven had orchestrated their lives to coincide so perfectly.  What she and JC shared was unbelievable and if it hadn't of been for some divine intervention in the form of Jackson Taylor, falling in love with her best friend, she may never have met the man that was now currently kissing her senseless. 

Rachel lifted her arms as JC peeled the wet T-shirt from her body and shivered as he let his hands skirt down her arms and sides, once more coming to rest on her hips.

"I love you." JC vowed as he captured her mouth once more. 

"Even though I beat you at Guitar Hero last week?" Rachel teased. 

JC laughed.  "Even though you beat me at Guitar Hero." He nodded and she smiled.

"Good.  I love you, too." She told him. 

"So, why are we still wearing clothes?" He asked, his eyes narrowing in question as he cocked his head to the side.

"You tell me." She replied, looking up at him through her lashes.  Even though she knew she looked like a drowned rat standing there half naked and soaking wet, JC stood there looking like she'd never been more beautiful to him.  She went up on her toes as she pressed her lips against his.  "Come on, pop star." She said, placing one hand against his face.  "Let's get this party started."  JC grinned as he bent slightly.  Wrapping his arms around her waist he picked her up as he turned and stepped beneath the spray of water.    

~~~~~~

Jackson Taylor quietly opened the front door and stepped inside the dark, silent house.  Shutting and locking the door behind him he turned off the porch light as he dropped his computer bag by the end of the couch and began loosening his tie. Out of habit he walked into the kitchen, flipped on the light, and opened the fridge.  His eyes landed on a foil covered plate on the top shelf and he took it out.  Lifting the foil he peeked beneath it.  A large portion of Megan's delicious chicken enchiladas greeted him and he felt a twinge of guilt. 

He turned, looking around the kitchen but everything was spotless-as usual.  All evidence of her cooking had been wiped off and put away.  He knew how much time and energy went into these and he wondered what had prompted her to make them today.  She usually only made them for his birthday or their anniversary, but his birthday wasn't until June and they'd celebrated their anniversary back in September.  With a shrug he put the plate back in the fridge and shut the door.  Turning the kitchen light back off, Jackson made his way down the hall--stopping briefly to check on Scott.  He hoped Megan was still up, reading or something, and he could tell her he was sorry for being late and missing dinner but as he continued towards the Master bedroom he was met with only quiet darkness. 

Stopping just inside the doorway, his eyes took in the curled up form of his wife beneath the covers, her quiet breathing almost imperceptible.  With a sigh of disappointment he unbuttoned the white dress shirt he was wearing and took it off, tossing it in the clothes hamper as he walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

Five minutes later, Jackson slid beneath the covers and lay staring up at the ceiling.  The two feet separating himself from his wife felt could have been the Grand Canyon and Jackson stayed awake, hoping for the inspiration he needed to fix his marriage.  He turned his head and looked over at Megan as she continued to lay with her back to him-wanting so badly to just reach over and touch her, but not daring to.  He was unsure of what her reaction would be and that scared him.

For the last month they had been like ships passing in the night.  She was usually in bed by the time he got home and was still sleeping when he left early in the morning.  She had quit calling him during the day just to say hi and, he admitted, he had stopped calling her as well.  It had been a few days since he had kissed her--and even then it didn't count as a real kiss--and he couldn't remember the last time he'd made love to her. 

He missed her.  He missed the sound of her voice.  He missed her smile.  He missed hearing her laugh.  He missed the way she smelled, the way she felt in his arms, the way she tasted. 

He was losing her. 

They'd fallen into a rut.  Every day he felt her pulling farther away from him but he didn't know how to fix it.  Please help me fix this.  He pled silently.  If he didn't, he was afraid his worst nightmare was going to come true.  One day he was going to come home and find her gone and he would be left alone again.  His heart constricted painfully at that thought and he turned on his side.  The separation from her was suddenly too much and Jackson reached out--wrapping his arms around Megan as he pulled her back against his chest.  If the action woke her up she showed no reaction, but Jackson didn't care.  All he cared about was being close to her.

He couldn't lose her.

~~~~~~ 

Megan's eyes opened as Jackson suddenly wrapped her in his strong embrace and pulled her close and she fought to keep from gasping in surprise.  She had been lying in bed, awake, since she had heard him open the front door.  She could smell the lingering aroma of his cologne and wanted to turn around and snuggle into his warm, protective embrace.  Something inside kept her from doing so, however and she reminded herself that she was still mad at him. 

Why hadn't he called to tell he was going to be late?  For that matter, why didn't he call her anymore, period?  Was work really that important?  There had been a time when he couldn't wait to get home and be with her.  What had changed?  And why hadn't he tried to do anything more than give her a quick, cursory kiss as he left in the morning for weeks? 

She bit her bottom lip to stop its trembling.  She knew the house was sometimes a mess when he got home, but it was hard taking care of Scott all day and keeping up with all the household chores by herself.  She hadn't gotten back down to the size she was before she'd gotten pregnant, but she was trying.  Was he just not attracted to her anymore?  She closed her eyes to stop the tears from falling and sniffed suddenly before she could stop it--the noise seeming to echo in the quiet room.  Her heart pounded nervously in her chest.

"Megan?" Jackson asked quietly from behind her.  The sound of concern in his voice went straight to her heart and she clenched her eyes closed tightly as tears leaked beneath her lashes.  She remained quiet however, not trusting her voice, and waited to see what he would do.  Jackson tightened his arms around her and whispered the three words she'd begun to think she'd never hear him say to her again--it had been so long. 

"I love you." He breathed and Megan finally allowed herself to relax in his embrace.  Maybe everything is going to be okay.  She told herself.  Maybe she was just blowing everything out of proportion and she needed to get a grip.  They'd been together for almost four years now.  They had a son.  He wasn't going to leave her.  This was just one of those rough patches that every couple goes through.

But if that were true, why the nagging doubts at the back of her mind that this was more than just a rough patch?          

~~~~~~

Justin Timberlake Engaged!  That's right ladies, you heard correctly.  The man who found sexy and subsequently brought it back is officially off the market.  Rumors began circulating last week that JT and his girlfriend of five months, Aubrey Davis (a receptionist and student and UCLA) were engaged. Sources claimed Aubrey had been spotted wearing an engagement ring after she and JT returned from visiting her parents in Virginia for Christmas.  When we contacted the Timberlake camp earlier this week Justin released the official statement that he and Miss Davis were in fact engaged.  No word yet on when the wedding will be and we have to ask: can this girl up to the challenge?  Does she have what it takes to be the fiancé of Mr. SexyBack? And why such a hasty engagement?  Are they trying to hide something? Should we perhaps be on the lookout for a baby bump?  Only time will tell...

 ~~~~~~

"So are you pregnant?"

"What?!" Aubrey asked in surprise Wednesday morning.  That hadn't been what she'd been expecting Rachel to say when she answered her cell phone.

"Are you pregnant?" Rachel asked again, a hint of a smile in her voice.

"No." Aubrey replied, still confused on where this line of questioning was coming from. "I'm not pregnant." She said as she lifted her shoulder and cocked her head, holding her phone in place so she could continue stapling together the marketing packets she had been given a few minutes ago.

"I can keep a secret." Rachel continued prodding.  "I won't tell anyone the rumors going around are true.  I just need to know if we're going to have to get your dress altered for the wedding."

"I'm not pregnant." Aubrey assured Rachel.  "You don't need to worry about having my dress altered.  I can't get pregnant." She finished under her breath. 

"Yeah, right now isn't really the best time for that." Rachel agreed.  "I wouldn't suggest trying for a while."

"No, I-" Aubrey started then stopped.  She didn't really feel like explaining to Rachel right now that she literally couldn't get pregnant.

"What was that?" Rachel asked at Aubrey's silence.

"Nevermind." Aubrey shook her head.  "Why are you calling me right now anyway?" She asked, quickly changing the subject--praying Rachel would take the bait.  "Aren't you supposed to be on your way to Moscow?"

"Layover." Rachel explained. "We're in Chicago for another hour.  I was at the bookstore browsing and came across the latest headlines involving you and your celebrity lover.  So when do you think you will be having the heir to the SexyBack fortune?" Rachel giggled.

Aubrey rolled her eyes, though she let out a chuckle.  "Good-bye, Rachel." She said.

"Bye." Rachel laughed as Aubrey ended the call.  She laughed as she shook her head and went back to her work.  She looked over a few minutes later when her phone vibrated.  Picking it up, Aubrey read the text she's received. 

~~~~~~ 

Hey, pretty girl.  What are you doing for lunch? 

Aubrey smiled as she read Justin's text and typed her response.   

I was planning on eating the tuna sandwich I made this morning...unless you have a better idea...

She only had to wait a moment for him to answer. 

I'll pick you up at noon. I love you.

Aubrey sent her reply, letting him know she'd be waiting and began counting down the hours until she would be seeing her sexy fiancée.

Chapter End Notes:

As always, I'm anxious to read what you guys think...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: showersex jc justin