Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, What can I say? I've worked REALLY hard on this chapter trying to get across every emotion I saw for these two. In typical fashion for me, I saw the ending first when I decided to start this story back up. I should have one more chapter after this unless something magical happens and I decide to run with it even longer but we'll see.. 

I hope you all enjoy this because it took me forever to write. Feedback is always loved :) 

You Get Me Through
Chapter 13.

"Hey," I breathed softly. "I miss you."

"Bye, Justin." I hear her say numbly before the line went dead.

All I got was a simple heartless ‘bye' and that was a little over twenty-four hours ago. My mind was still trying wrap around it. I know heart had sank as I pulled my cell phone back from my ear looking at it blankly. I thought I could hear something off in Caroline's voice through out our short conversation but I pushed it aside. I did after all wake her up but I figured her mood would quickly change. Even in her bad moods, she's always given me a ‘Miss you too' or at least an ‘I love you, too' regardless of what was going on between us. There were so many things I wanted to say but I couldn't, so many thoughts that had been running a mile a minute these two weeks I had been away but that didn't matter because Caroline refused to discuss anything to do with "us" over the phone.

In a way I couldn't fault her because everything was so new and up in the air. For a moment I thought we were on the same page right before I left as I held her and she clung to me. It felt so right if only for a little while, but then work called and I had to leave but she's used to it. She knows how my life is. She's use to the chaos. I tell myself that maybe I shouldn't have left so soon but she seemed okay with the idea and even happy for me. Still, I got the feeling there was something she wasn't telling me.

I quickly begin moving around my hotel suite, packing my clothes, thankful that I finished up all my scenes for this movie a little earlier than planned. I slowly regretting even doing this but then I remember how much of a perfectionist I am and how long I've waited for an opportunity to act in a real movie. I wish sometimes that I didn't care so much.

I roll my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose, already sick of the number of times I've checked my cell phone, silently hoping for a missed call, a voicemail, a text.. something. Something to let me know Caroline is okay. I try to rewind our conversation from this morning, begging my mind to think clearly, wondering what in the hell I could have said. When nothing comes to me, I'm reminded of that fact that I'm a guy and I'll admit, sometimes we're pretty dense.

Doing another quick glance, I walk slowly around my room, making sure I have everything before calling down to the front desk for a taxi. I grab my suitcase and my jacket, making sure my phone is my pocket before exiting my hotel room. Here I go again.. a traveling nomad.
**
I walk through the busy airport at JFK, my red sweatshirt zipped up and hood pulled over my head as I try to blend in. There's a dull ache sitting in my chest that's been there for the last twenty-four hours and it kills me that I can't make it alright, right this second. It's times like this where I really hate what I do for a living. I take a seat at my gate, away from everybody else and jump when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Hello?" I voice, holding my breath.

"Hey jackass," Trace replies and I roll my eyes, my heart sinking a little. "How's the movie going?"

"I'm done and uh, it was fine." I say keeping my head low.

"What's next?"

"I'm probably going to work on some songs for a movie soundtrack in Miami."

"Sounds good," He says. "You love the work."

Until now I say silently, cursing myself. My leg bounces nervously, thoughts getting crisscrossed in my head by this whole situation.

"Yeah," I say, just to appease him. "Have you been over to the house lately?"

"I was there yesterday actually, picking up one of my jackets I left over there, why?"

I swallow, taking a deep breath as I try not to give anything away.

"Did you talk to Caroline?" I question, holding my breath as I wait for an answer.

"She wasn't there."

My hands scrub over my face as I sit up a little bit, trying to calm the thudding in my heart. I know she didn't work have to work. I tell myself not to jump to any conclusions though even though a bad feeling is slowly taking over the pit of my stomach.

"Did you get a hold of her?"

"Yeah, she said she was going home." He says and my eyes widen, a heavy pang hitting me hard.

"She went home?" I ask, my voice weak and pained.

"Uh yeah, why? What's going on Justin?"

"Nothing, look Trace, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I say, hanging up my phone and shoving it in my pocket.

I grab my duffel bag and stand, slinging it over my shoulder and quickly leave the gate area as my heart thuds loudly in my chest, causing my ears to ring. Am I really this dumb? It seems all my relationships somehow end up falling to pieces and I wonder if all of them are my fault. Did I not give enough? Did I not try? The feeling sits heavy on my chest as a dull ache settles in my stomach. Relationship or not, I refuse to let Caroline go. At least not without a fight.

When I finally make it to the ticket counter, I can hardly form the right words to the lady behind the counter.

"I need to change my flight please."
**
I walk up slowly to the familiar door with a knot in the middle of my stomach. The feeling of fear, anger, love and hurt all still lingering inside of me. Should I just go in like I always do? No, I need her to answer the door and see the look in my eyes. I want her to know what this is doing to me, to us.

I scratch the back of my neck nervously as I hear footsteps coming closer. Holding my breath, all my words die on my tongue the second she appears before me. Her long hair light brown hair is tied back in a messy ponytail, strands that have fallen out frame her face. She's dressed in her usual- black sweat pants and a gray hooded sweatshirt but it's not her attire that causes all words to fail. It's the look on her face. Dark circles lay under her blue eyes and her entire form looks amazingly gorgeous but tired and worn out.

"Justin.." She says in surprise, leaning against the door frame.

I place my hands in the pockets of my jeans, knowing that if I don't keep them occupied, that I'll reach out and pull her against me. I've missed her so badly.

"Caroline," I say, staring at her, my eyes never leaving hers as I don't even ask, stepping through door and into her house.

"Wh- what are you doing here?" She questions looking back at me confused and I'd be lying if I said that didn't sting.

"Do I need a reason?"

"I thought you were going to Miami." She states, her voice chilled, crossing her arms across her chest.

I shake my head, walking into her living room, pulling my jacket off and taking a seat on the sofa, waiting for her to follow.

"There uh, was a change of plans."

"Why?" She asks and I sigh hard, seeing how this going to go nowhere quick as she comes to stand across the room by another couch a good distance away from me.

"WHY?" I ask, raising my voice as I stand, coming to stand in front of her. "Maybe it's because the last time we spoke, all I got was a heartless goodbye and nothing after that. Or maybe because I was about to fly across the damn united states and come home to an empty house, wanting to be with you only to find out you just up and LEFT without so much as an explanation, a phone call, anything. Do you have any idea how much I've been worried about you Caroline?"

She shrugs as if unaffected. "I needed time to think, Justin. I couldn't do that living in your house with a constant reminder all around me. Besides, it's not like you had any intentions of coming home soon, anyways."

I scoff, shaking my head. "So this is about me, isn't it? It's all my fault?"

"I didn't say that. Stop being ridiculous." She voices, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest again.

"What are you so damn afraid of?" I ask, my voice weak and hurt.

"WHAT am I afraid of? Are you kidding me here Justin or are you just really stupid today?"

I bow my head, shocked by her tone. She's put a wall up between us and I can feel it sitting on top of my shoulders, cold and heavy. I guess it's my job to knock it down. I stand, cautiously taking a few steps closer to her, the urge to feel her somehow overwhelming even though she clearly doesn't like me right now. I take a risk, reaching for her hand and lacing her fingers through mine. She takes a small step back but doesn't object. Slowly bringing her hand up to my lips, I place a soft, dry kiss on her knuckles as I speak against them, my eyes holding hers.

"It's just me, Carebear. Let me in."

Her body language changes quickly as closes her eyes a second before they quickly open and she pulls her hand away from my grasp, as she turns her back to me, hugging her arms over her chest once again, using them like a shield to her heart.

"I'm scared of everything, Justin! Don't you get it? There is so much at steak right now. You are my best friend. You're the one who sees me through every up and down in my life, the one who makes me laugh, the one who's hugs can consume all of me, the one man in my life I've loved consistently for so many years and you're just willing to throw it all away for a chance to see if I'm really what you want?"

I swallow the lump in my throat. "If it means I get to love you the way I've wanted to for the last eight years, then yes."

She turns around and looks at me, wide eyes. "Eight years?"

"Yes," I say, risking a chance at moving closer to her. "The feelings have always been there but I never acted on them because of the reasons you just said but no matter how much I tried, the nagging feeling would never go away. You've always been there for me. Through everything, Caroline and we've always been close. Physically and emotionally. Each time I held you, it's always given me hope that maybe one day-- I'll be able to love you like this one day. You've never showed those kind of feelings for me so I took what I could get if it meant being close to you. I always found a sweet comfort in those moments even if you didn't feel the same. I didn't want to break what we had so I accepted you as my best friend- hell you were more that a best friend. You're like a part of my soul."

I see her bite her lip, a visual that's always let me know she's nervous. "You've also have a few serious long term relationships. Your timing was always off. And how do I go about this whole ordeal without feeling like a rebound? I'm always there and we're close. It's like the perfect opportunity for you."

My eyes widened, my own ears not believing her. "A rebound?" I spit out in disbelief. "You think that's all you are to me?"

She shrugs, tucking her hair behind her ears. "Sure feels like it. It's not everyday you sleep with your best friend with little to no explanation and then he fly's across the country to leave you wondering and guessing."

"Dammit, Caroline. I tried to talk to you about this and you shut me out each time. Do you have any idea how much it hurt that morning after when you left for work and wouldn't even look at me? You are the farthest thing from a rebound. I cannot believe you think I'd treat you like that; one of the people in this world that I love the most but I'm sorry if I made you feel like that."

"There was nothing even leading up to it Justin. It was just like everyday and then you started shutting me out and the next thing I know we're in bed together. No explanation other than you needed ‘time' to sort out what was going through your head. Sleeping with me seemed like a little more than ‘sorting' to me."

I cover my hand over my face, my body tired, my limbs heavy and my heart slowly falling into tiny pieces. "I know I didn't go about that in the best way but I went for what I was feeling in my heart," I step forward, my hand moving up to cover her cheek, tipping her chin up to meet my eyes.

"When I woke up with you on the couch that night I had a million thoughts running through my mind and the urge to be close to you was so heavy. I kept telling myself the next morning that I had no idea how we'd been so close for so damn long and had never done anything like before. It may not have happened in the best way Caroline, but everything was real. I don't think I loved you any more then I did then. Thinking about it still takes my breath away."

Bowing her head, she concentrates on the floor, looking at her bare feet before pulling away and dropping down on the sofa heavily, her hands covering her face. "I'm sorry."

I chance it, my heart pounding heavily in my chest as I kneel down in front of her, carefully pulling her hands away from her face. "Don't be sorry. You've gotta stop shutting me out."

"I don't know how, Justin. You're never home so how is that ever going to work? Do you want me to continue following you around the world like some kind of security blanket? How many times do I have to fly out to god only knows where before you realize I'm going to need that too. I have a job and house and I'd like to put down some roots and stay in the same place for a while. Are you going to be able to come to me for a change because I refuse to do this relationship one sided. For once, I want to be the selfish one."

I take a deep breath, processing her words as several of them jab me right in the heart, taking little pieces along with them each time. "I can't promise you where my career will go but dammit, I'd fly anywhere to get to you if you needed me. Do you have any idea how much you mean to me Caroline?" I ask, standing and racking a hand through my hair. "You are one of the most important people in my entire life. I'm sorry my career is the way it is but I can't change it. It's who I am."

"I'm not asking you to change, Justin," She says softly, looking up at me from her place on the sofa, her eyes red and glossy with tears. "I'm asking you to make an effort and know that this will take the two of us in order to work."

"And that's why I love you so damn much. You've always accepted me, just Justin- that awkward kid from a small town in Tennessee who loved to sing and thought he ruled the world. You know my flaws, inside and out and you still love me, flaws and all. You've been my biggest fan from day one, the only person I could and can always count on," I say, taking a step forward and looking down at her lovingly. "And yes, I know a lot of the giving in this relationship will be from me and I realize that. I'll make it work. I love you too damn much to just let this slip away."

She's silent for a second as if she's processing my words.

"If you break my heart-," She says, her eyes shimmering with tears before she stops, gathering her composure. "This isn't like being just friends. Everything is on the line here, Justin."

Closing the space between us and kneel down on the soft carpet in front of her, my throat stings as I hold back my own tears, taking her hands in mine again, this time lacing our fingers together and holding them on her lap.

"Babe, I can't promise that- but you've gotta know that's the last thing in this world I would try to do. Yes, we were friends first and we have something more special than anything but loving you this way adds a wonderful change to our friendship. We won't have to hold back anymore. No walls between us. I know you've been hurt in the past, really hurt," I say, unlacing our fingers and bringing her hands to my cheeks, relishing in the warm feel of her palms against mine skin. "I know you've felt that same pain I've felt from relationships and there were those times where we held each other and cried ourselves to sleep but I think they've made us better. We have always got each other through it, through everything."

I let go of her hands, and my heart beats deep in my chest as they fall to my shoulders but don't move, they stay. Bringing the tips of my fingers up under her eyes, I glance back into sky blue as I brush away the tears, now escaping freely. "I need you to understand something for me," I ask, my voice thick with emotion and shaky. My hands move up, tucking the escaping strands of hair behind her ear and then settling them on her neck, my thumbs grazing her jaw soothingly.. "No one will love you as much as I do. No one else knows you inside and out like me. No one else can read you like an open book or sense your moods like I can."

I finally let out the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding until I look up, her tears now falling silently against her pale cheeks, her eyes bluer than I've ever seen them before as a soft sob escapes the back of her throat. I don't even realize that my own eyes have done the same until I feel her fingers brushing them away for me as her forehead comes down to rest against mine and her arms wound around my neck, fingers tangling in my hair.

"I do love you, Justin. More then you could ever possibly imagine." She whispers, her soft breath falling against my face, as I close my eyes for a second, savoring the warmth of her, and the sweet scent of her as it consumes me. "But I'm trying to tell you that if this goes wrong, I'm terrified of losing you. You mean so damn much to me to just risk it all on a chance at love. That's why I never second guessed my feelings for you. I'd rather have you by my side as my best friend then risk trying to become more and having it all fall apart."

I let out a strangled sound from the back of my throat, knowing she's right. This is a risk. Hell, everything we do in this world is a risk. It's a part of life but I know deep down, she's more than worth it. Something about this feels right.

"If this doesn't work out, I promise you, pinkie swear times infinity and beyond, that if something should happen where we think we should stop, then we'll slowly step away from the romantic part but you're still going to be close to me. You'll still be my best friend that I love more than anything or anyone in this world. There is no way I'm going to let you go though. No way."

She sniffles a little, her hands stilling in my hair, her head still pressed against mine as I feel the soft sweeps of her eye lashes every once in a while.

"I want to try, Justin- more than you could ever know but that doesn't still mean I'm not scared."

I pull my head away from hers, pulling her knees apart and moving in between them, desperate to be closer to her somehow. "It's okay to be scared. I'm scared too, babe," I look into genuine blue eyes, trying to read all of her. "I'm done with touring for a while so that will be out of the way. I've actually been thinking about taking some time off here soon anyways. I think we deserve it, just the two of us."

"There's no turning back." She voices, grabbing my pinkie.

"I don't want to go back. I want this chance for us, from here on out. I want us to let go of all of our insecurities and all our past relationships that didn't work out. I think we owe it to ourselves. And I need you to do something else for me, too."

"What's that, Justin?"

"I need you--who is at times closed off when I can see right through you, to come to me when you're not sure about something. Talk to me and let me know what you're feeling. We can't work if we don't talk it out."

"I know and I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you." She says quietly, her eyes welling up again as her hands move to my biceps. "When we were friends, I swore I could tell you anything and when I started feeling like this, I just couldn't bring myself to say the words so I pushed them aside."

"You said you'd never give up on me, Carebear. We promised each other." I whisper, looking back at her seriously.

The breath is nearly stolen from my lungs as she pushes herself forward, her body enveloping mine heavily as she wraps her arms around my neck, hugging me to her body, her head resting in the crook of my neck and I swear it's right here where I finally start breathing again.

"I'm not going anywhere Justin. I'm not giving up," She voices, her lips speaking quietly against my ear, goosebumps forming all over my skin. "Not on you."

My arms reciprocate, wrapping around her waist and inhaling the scent of her in as my breathing hitches in my chest once again. It had only been a few weeks but I was still starved for her. The feel of her skin, the weight of her body in my arms, the sweet flowery smell of her hair. Time ticked by slowly as we simply held each other, out heart beats beating loudly against the others.

Finally, I pulled back regretfully. "Can I please do something?"

"What's that?" She asks, quirking and eyebrow in confusion.

I move forward, the short distance between us and leaning against her forehead once again. "Can I please kiss you now?"

The soft, seductive smiles she gives me causes my mouth to go dry but she doesn't answer. She simply lowers her head down to mine, kissing each of my eye's as they slide closed against my cheeks. From there, she kisses my nose, then my jaw, trailing her lips in a diagonal line down to my neck as a shiver runs down my spine, causing me to breathe out a quiet moan. Coming back up, I can feel her face in front of me as I open my eyes, glancing back into glossy blue but there's something different that wasn't there when I first arrived. This time they held a gorgeous sparkle to them. All the confusion and the hurt was gone and I saw nothing but love shining through. My lips turn up, smiling at her before I slowly lick my lips, watching as she does the same.

Meeting her half way, I nuzzled my nose with hers gently before leaning in as I press my lips against hers softly, my hands carefully holding either side of her face. Her fingers find their way to my hair again, gently tugging, trying to bring me closer to her. I take my time, pressing my lips to hers slowly, re-learning the unique flavor of her and while it's still new to kiss my best friend this way, to not hold anything back, it was also familiar. Something about kissing her felt right, felt meant to be.

I move slowly, sipping softly, my hands going to her hips and moving under her sweatshirt to feel the warmth of her skin as she moans against my lips. I take the opportunity, deepening the kiss, swallowing her whimper and I don't want to let go. I try to pour out every emotion I feel for her at this moment, all the love, the excitement, the anticipation for what is to come. My heart swells in my chest as I think back throughout our friendship up until now and this moment and I love her so much and it no longer scares me to feel and think this anymore. I pull back reluctantly, desperate for air as a second goes by before she wraps her arms around my shoulders, hugging me close as her cheek falls against the crook of my neck.

"I love you, Jus." She breathes, warming my skin. "I'm sorry."

I pull back just enough to look at her, tipping her chin up so I know shes looking at me and even though her eyes are red and glossed over with tears, she's never looked more beautiful to me then she does right at this moment.

"I love you, Carebear. I'm sorry too. I should have been better and gone about this in a different way." I tell her as I bow my head in regret.

"Hey," She says, catching my attention as she now tips my chin up to look at her. "We both made some mistakes but that's okay. We'll learn and we'll figure the kinks out as we go. We've got each other and that's all we need to make it through."

"You're right. And I'm not going anywhere. Not without you."

I feel her grip on me tighten as she hugs her body against mine right before I feel her lips right below my neck and my body's reaction is almost immediate.

"Let's go to bed."

I swallow thickly, moving back from her grasp as my hand reaches for hers, tugging her up and walking through the house, down the hallway to her bedroom.

We don't say anything as we walk into her room, the only light coming from the small bedside lamp, causing a soft glow to fill the room. She walks to her bed, leaning down to pull back the bedding and I use this as an opportunity to toe off my shoes. When she stands upright again, I snake my hands around her waist, pulling her back against me. Her head lolls back to rest against my shoulder, as I creep the tips of my fingers under her sweatshirt, dancing them across her stomach as she sighs.

I turn my head, brushing my lips against the exposed expanse of her neck, desperate for the taste of her skin. One of her hands reaches up, sliding across my jaw before sliding it through my hair. I turn her around, my hands going to the hem of her shirt, where she willingly holds up her arms, silently giving me permission as I pull it off.

"Is this my hoodie?" I question, tossing it to the floor.

A small smile creeps across her lips as her head dips down, her gaze leaving mine.

"Maybe," She shrugs, avoiding confirmation. "It still smells like you."

My lips turn up smiling, staring back at her. In all her confusion and reasons to leave L.A. to get me out of her thoughts, somehow makes me feel better to know she still kept a part of me close to her.

I look down, seeing the thin white tank top being her only stitch of clothing beneath the sweatshirt she's wearing as my arms move forward, encircling her waist and pulling her against me. Her hands move around my waist, settling at my hips and I shiver as I feel her fingers cautiously brush the seam of my t-shirt before slowly inching up and caressing my skin. I shiver, my eyes sliding shut as she becomes more brave, snaking the tips of her fingers up my sides before moving them around to my stomach before sliding them up my ribs.

Her hands open and it's not long before I feel the brush of her palms, her fingers spread out across my chest, cautiously feeling, learning new territory as I shutter, relishing in the delicious tingles that run through my body. Her hands come to a pause and I open my eyes to find her staring back at me.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Does this feel weird to you?" She questions.

"Nope. I think it feels pretty natural actually. Why, does it feel weird to you?"

She looks as though she's thinking, like really thinking and I pray she's not second guessing this.

"No. It feels right. I just never thought we'd ever get to this point, ya know?"

I nod, leaning down to place a few kisses along her jaw line.

"We're there babe. I never knew the one person I needed in my life the most was standing right in front of me all this time."

Her long lashes open and she smiles at me and I feel my heart swell with love all over again.

"Me either."

"Besides," I say, grinning at her seductively. "You don't know how many fantasies I've had about you recently."

Her eyes widen in surprise and her hands begin moving again cautiously.

"Yo- you've had fantasies about me?"

My hands move up the side of her tank top, grazing her skin along the way and I grin wickedly at her before leaning down and placing a kiss just below her ear.

"Oh yeah. Quite a few, actually."

"What about?" She asks, her voice uneven.

I lean in, placing a series of kisses along the sensitive column of her neck as my fingers inch the material of her thin shirt up higher, exposing more and more of her skin. "Oh you know, kissing you-like really kissing you, making love to you, waking up with you every morning, not having to hold back."

I can't help but smile as I see the goosebumps form on her skin as her body trembles as I talk against her neck. "Justin..." She gasps out softly, her head lolling to the side to give me better access.

I pull back, grinning down at her, seeing her eyes hooded and a deep shade of blue, love and lust looking back at me.

"What, babe? Are you gonna tell me you've never had any fantasies about me? Never thought about this?"

"No, I have," She confesses, her fingers bunching up my t-shirt until it's under my arm pits. "I just never thought I'd actually get to do anything about them."

I laugh slightly, leaning down to kiss her sensually, happy to be where I am at the moment, overjoyed that she's here with me right now. "Please, feel free to do something."

Licking her lips, she grins something seductive and sexy and I don't even think she realizes it. Her nimble fingers begin tugging my shirt up even higher as I bring my arms up over my head, letting her discard the shirt and toss it aside. She takes her time, skimming her hands up and across my bare chest, over my stomach, down my sides before leaning forward and placing a series of kisses near my collar bone as I try to breathe in oxygen, my body becoming hotter by the second. I feel her arms snake around my waist before she leans forward, hugging me to her and placing her head just below my heart, feeling it thud against her ear.

My hands work up her back, fingers moving up her tank top as I trace the dips of her spine, before reaching her ponytail and gently pulling out the holder, watching her hair cascade down her back. My fingers don't wait before delving in, feeling the soft tresses as she finally glances up at me.

I can't contain myself as I move in, kissing her deeply, my fingers tangling in her hair. Her own hands do the same, grasping onto my neck before diving into my hair. I pull apart for a second, only to discard her tank top, tossing it aimlessly away as our lips meet again, and again in unrestrained passion. The breath is nearly stolen from my lungs as our chests mesh together, skin to skin, feeling her heart to heart with nothing in between us.

When all the teasing became too much, we stumble to the bed, shedding the rest of our clothes in the process. I make sure to take my time, reminding myself that time is only a small factor when it comes to us and that Caroline deserves to know how much I love her with every touch I give. I want to show her what real love can be like. I want to be the only man in her life.

I hold my weight above her, looking down into one of the most familiar and beautiful faces in my life and I'm overwhelmed with what I feel for her. We take our time, sharing kisses, breath, caresses, savoring in the delicious tingles that move through us. Our bodies move together fluidly, as if they know the rhythm and the only sounds that fill the room are the gasps, moans and whispers that escape our lips. My eyes hold hers, trying to read her and feel her heart beat with mine as our body's move rhythmically with one another. When we reach the end, her arms wrap around me frantically, nails biting into my skin and I can see the love she feels for me with every caress she emits and I feel it so deeply that it's almost hard to breathe.

I close my eyes, my body still shuddering as I go to move off of her slightly but her arms encircle my shoulders, keeping me against her. I give in, letting myself rest my weight on top of her as I tuck my face in the crook of her neck, my breathing coming in soft pants and I can feel the deep thud of her heart against me and the slight tremors that move through her body. I suck in a breath as she whispers she loves me while her hands run idly up and down my back, causing me to sigh in content against her.

I kiss just below her ear, once again smiling at the reaction it has on her. "I love you too, babe. So much."

My heart leaps in my chest a little and I can't help but to think how different this moment is from the first time we made love. Before there were so many uncertainties, so many unknowns and so many risks I took, wishing and hoping that my best friend would have the same feelings towards me and that everything would work out as I'd hoped. I know now things don't always go as planned. I was stupid and selfish for going about things that way and not including her on my feelings.

I had her love then, a simple kind of love that came with no strings and no attachments but at the end of the day, I was left feeling empty inside. I wanted all of her and I wanted her heart. Although it took some time and feelings were hurt along the way, walls were broken down and the light was there at the end of the tunnel waiting for us. Waiting for a love I think we always shared, something we never thought about the first time we met all those years ago and I now believe that everything has it's own place and time, and right now is our time to love each other, not only as friends but as lovers, as two souls on their own path, destined to come together, to become one.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts? Suggestions? 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story