Author's Chapter Notes:
I am lacking on sleep so excuse me if I have overlooked errors. lol 

You Get Me Through
Chapter 5.

I move through the dark club, the music so loud that I can feel my feet vibrating against the floor and I pull my hat just a little lower, trying to blend in as well as I can. I'm late, as usual so I had told Caroline and the rest of the crew to just go ahead without me and that I'd meet them later. Stupid bullshit rules and safety procedures about always having security with me. She didn't seem to have a problem with it, just nodding and going with the flow like she always does.

I'm still curious about what happened earlier. So curious that it's been on my mind all night. I'm still trying to rewind the night in my head and I can't think of anything I would have done out the the ordinary. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of this.

I move towards the VIP area that I had reserved for all of us and greet all of my dancers and crew, happy to to just kick back for a little bit. I look around, not seeing Caroline.

"Have any of you seen Caroline?"

Some of them nod, pointing out towards the dance floor.

"Last I saw her, she was dancing with some guy." One of them tells me.

I nod, grabbing a beer as the waitress comes over to our area and moving my way towards the dance floor. I think twice, wondering if I should just lay low and hang back with everyone else but decide the hell with it. I came here to have a good time with my friends, Caroline included.

I get to the dance floor, closest to the VIP area and to our group, trying to spot her. I find Mike, one of my dancers before I spot anyone else.

I reach for his shoulder, grabbing his attention and asking him loudly over the blaring music if he's seen Caroline. He nods, a smirk on his face as he points to the left of me. There's a girl with long light brown hair, draped loosely over her shoulders. She's wearing a silk black halter top, cut low enough to accent what little cleavage she has. Her jeans are sitting low on her waist and hug in all the right areas. She's got her back against against a guy and his hands are wrapped around her waist. The way she's moving is just screaming seduction.

I stop, swallowing the lump in my throat and gasp in surprise as they turn around, moving closer to me and Caroline's blue eyes gaze back at me hazy. When in the hell? I had now idea it was her.

The only thing I can think that would form somewhat of a sentence is that she-looks-hot. Now Caroline's always been attractive but it's been forever since I've seen her dressed up like this, trying to seduce and accent her real age. Usually she goes for mature trying to gain respect. An uneasy feeling sweeps over me and settles in the pit of my stomach and I know if I admit what I'm feeling, I'll hate myself even more.

I have a girlfriend. No way in hell am I jealous.

I tip back the beer in my hand, hoping to down it quickly and find something else to drink. Suddenly, getting wasted tonight seems more and more appealing.

I can't take my eyes off my best friend and the random guy dancing. They've turned around now so that she's facing him and her arms are around his neck and his are set on her hips, moving dangerously close to her ass. A part of me wants to charge forward and go pull her away from this asshole who thinks he can just grope her on the damn dance floor but I know much worse goes on in places like this. Hell, I'm a guilty participant.

But this is different. This is my best friend. I'm suppose to protect her right?

I gasp, watching as the guy places one of his thighs between her legs, pulling her even closer to him. Her head tips back and then instantly rolls forward to the crook of his neck as his hands finally meet her back side, fingers spread out over her skin.

I fight the slight tingle that runs through my body, or more particularly to the southern region. This is what happens when I don't see my girlfriend for months at a time. I'm human. I'm bound to get turned on by shit like this, right?

I don't even feel my feet move but before I know it, I'm standing in from of Caroline and the random guy as his head pops up, eyes surprised as the guy looks guilty as hell. I almost feel kind of bad for breaking this up. Almost.

"Justin, when did you get here?" She asks, dropping her hands from the guy as he takes a step back.

I tip my beer up to my lips, finishing it. "Just a little bit ago."

"Oh. You get in without any problems?"

I nod. She's always looking out for me.

I look between her and the guy. "You wanna dance?"

She looks at him as if shes honestly indecisive and then back to me as her lips turn up and she smiles.

"Yeah, if you want."

I reach out, grabbing her hand as I pull her into the crowd, not even giving random dance guy a second glance. I take in her outfit once again and can smell the light breeze of her flowery perfume as my hands settle loosely on her hips.

"You look good Carebear."

She smiles back at me, blue eyes dancing. "Thanks."

"I'm really glad we got to come out tonight. It feels good to let loose."

She nods, settling her arms around my neck just as a slow song comes on and it's a little easier to hear. She looks back at me, laughing slightly and leaning in.

"This feels way too much like some kinda jr. high dance."

I smile back at her, taking in all the features of her face, from the odd shade of blue that her eyes are to the perfectly plump texture of her lips.

Shit. Why am I thinking of her lips? Focus Justin. Focus.

"Things were a lot different back then, huh?"

She nods, not meeting my eyes. I shift my hands up higher over her hips, moving up and settling on the sides of her ribs as I pull her closer to me. Her skin is warm and I try to ignore the tiny goosebumps that form on my arms. I move one of my hands to her chin, gently tipping it up to meet my eyes and I grin back at her, leaning in slightly, trying to let her know I'm trying to be serious.

"About earlier in the dressing room..."

She's quick it interject. "You know what, that was nothing. I don't know wh-."

I shake my head. She's not getting out of this.

"Care, you can tell me. It's me."

"I was just over reading something. Really, it's no big deal."

So this is how it's going to be.

I look down at her, making sure I'm looking right into her eyes, trying to be at her level. Trying to understand.

"Did I do something last week? Because if I made you feel-."

"Justin, really. It's not a big deal. You were upset and lonely and I understand."

My eyebrows raise in slight confusion and it's right now that I think I know.

"Is this about when I kissed you?" I ask, swallowing that lump in my throat that has magically reappeared.

She looks away again and I take my hand for the second time, bringing her eyes back to mine. I need to know how she feels about this before I even try to dissect what I was feeling. Or is it why I am feeling. Shit. This could be bad.

"You remember?" She asks, looking confused. I don't know if I should be hurt by this or not.

I pull back a little, getting a full look of her, just to make sure she's really doubting me. The grasp she has on my neck has loosened and I take the opportunity to pull her more tightly against me, refusing to just let her go like this.

I tuck my face in her neck, quickly running my hands up and down her back. I'm taken completely off guard as someone backs into us, causing my nose and lips to smash into her neck. I pull away slowly, not missing the small goosebumps that have formed on her skin. She tries to pull away.

"I think I'm gonna go get a--."

"Caroline. Come back here." I pull her into my arms again before she can move. She's trying to run from me and from whatever this is and for some reason, my mind is telling me not to let her go. Not yet.

This time I reverse our positions, moving her head to my shoulder and I speak right against her ear.

"I remember okay." I don't even realize my voice has taken a soft tone and I swear I can feel her tremble.

Her head moves back quickly and her eyes are wide, almost guilty but she doesn't move. I lean in closer again. Part from the music that's increasing in sound and partly because I can't seem to not be close to her right now. It's weird. I feel like some kind of force is drawing me to her.

I make sure I've got her attention before I go on.

"I remember it wasn't just one of our typical kisses. I just didn't know what to do about it ya know? We're best friends Carebear."

She blinks once, looking back at me stoically. "Right."

I have to be honest here.

"But I'd also like to know why I can't stop thinking about it. And why you were so freaked out to ask me..."

I trail off as I can feel her heart thudding against my own, probably matching the loud beats. I rest my head on her shoulder again, feeling the smooth skin their.

"I--you have a girlfriend Justin. You can't --."

She stutters a little, not really forming a sentence and I can't stop my lips from softly grazing the skin of her neck. I feel her quiver a little and for some reason, this only causes my lips to turn into a smile, still moving.

"I can't what Carebear? I can't find you sexy?" I ask, my lips moving just below her jaw. "I can't find you attractive and amazing like you are?"

I can feel her sinking into my touch and no matter how hard I try or how wrong this is, I can't pull my lips away.

"Justin.." She trails off.

"What? Am I not allowed to feel something for my best friend, hmm? Someone that's always there for me, someone who's always got my back no matter what? Someone that's so gorgeous but she won't even take the time to realize it because she's so afraid of being hurt again?"

My fingers trail to the end of her halter top, tracing just below where it sits against the middle of her back before I feel warm silky skin against my finger tips.

My lips move below her ear, holding still before my tongue darts out and her whole body shivers. "Do you want me to stop?" I ask, waiting for a response, not even realizing I'm holding my breath.

All I hear is a whimpered protest before I feel her fingers at the base of my head, tangling in my hair and holding my head where it is and still she says nothing.

"Caroline." I breath, lightly smudging my lips against her skin, waiting to go any further. "Tell me what you're thinking."

My head is spinning right now, waiting for her to answer. I can feel the warmth of her breath through the thin fabric of my t-shirt before she pulls back a little.

"Justin.." I hear my name against my ear. She has yet to pull away.

I decide to play evil, bringing my mouth back to her neck, moving up to her ear with dry kisses. It's killing me not knowing what she's thinking. I know shes not drunk. Neither am I.

"Tell me." I breath slightly, but not moving any further.

I can feel her resolve melting as her hands drop to my sides, and she grips the bottom of my shirt in her hands, pulling it tight and causing it to bunch up in her hands. "I want you to kis-."

My body tightens as I hear her speak but before she can finish the sentence, I feel someone come up behind me and tap me slowly.

We pull away quickly, as I look back at whoever it is with an irritated gaze to see Mike again looking like he's in a hurry.

"Justin, did you know your girl was coming tonight?" he asks, looking at the distance between Caroline and I.

I'm confused and quick to defend. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Mike uses the hand that's holding a drink to point towards the entrance of the club.

"Stephanie. She's here right now. We just saw her come in."

My mouth immediately goes dry as I look towards the entrance and then back to Caroline as a nervous feeling settles in the pit of my stomach.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Chapter End Notes:
Please do not hate for the sort of cliffhanger. I promise I will move along :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story