Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading, sorry I'm a slacker... the usual I suppose lol let me know what you think <3

 

         I woke up with Justin’s arms around me and for a second forgot the past year ever happened. I stretched my arms over my head and turned around in bed so I was facing him, “Good Morning,” I smiled.

         “Morning,” he smiled, “How are you feeling? Sleep ok?”

         “Yeah, thanks for staying. Did you sleep ok?”

         “Yeah,” he laughed and stretched his arms over his head, “I miss this bed.”

         “This bed misses you too,” did I really just say that? “What do you want to do today?” I didn’t give him a chance to answer, “I was thinking we could go pick up the little one and then go to the zoo, or the park or… Disneyland,” he didn’t answer, in fact he kind of just looked at me, “Do you have to work?”

         “Uh yeah, but Disneyland sounds far more appealing.”

         It was stupid for me to think he wouldn’t have to work. He works a lot, and it’s my day with JJ so obviously he’d be working. He takes his days with JJ off, not his days alone.  “If you have to work it’s ok, we can do it some other time.”

         “No, I’m definitely going. I can’t turn down Disney; it’s not a big deal. I just need to make some calls.”

         “OK. I’ll make breakfast?”

         “Sounds good, thanks Ken.”

         I slid my feet in my slippers and headed downstairs. This is all kind of weird. It’s weird that I made out with him last night, I mean seriously, what am I seventeen? It’s like the lights went out and I couldn’t control myself. I do miss him though. I’ve felt that for a while, pretty much since the moment I left, but I never let myself feel it before. I hid it, and pretended it didn’t exist but I’m starting to see that’s just silly.

         Now things are just more confusing, at least they are in my head. I guess it’s not really all that confusing. Nothing else happened last night; we just talked and watched a movie, neither of us really mentioning the whole kissing thing. When we went to bed we just went to bed. There was some spooning, and I can’t even explain how good that felt to be in his arms again. The thing is, he’s the father of my child, and it’s way better for JJ to have both of us getting along. Sure, maybe we can work this out, maybe we can’t. There’s no way to find that out without giving it a try. As long we don’t end up hating each other, but I don’t see that happening. I was completely blinded before and I’m seeing the truth now.

        

 

         “Good Morning, wifey,” Justin smiled in front of the stove as I came downstairs one morning after we just got married.

         “Good morning, Hubby,” I wrapped my arms around his waist and stood on my tippy toes so I could look over his shoulder to see what he was making, “Pancakes?”

         “Crepes,” he stirred the batter, “Sit down, and relax. Let me get you some coffee.”

         “Is this one of those newlywed things that’s never going to happen again after the first year?”

         “Nah,” he answered with a chuckle, “No way, this will happen at least once a year.”

         “Cool, let me get that in writing.”

 

        

         I am a wuss, I’ll be the first to admit it, but I did send a text stating that I will not be going in for that interview instead of calling. I also managed to ‘accidentally’ turn my cell off after sending the text. The fact is, there’s no way in hell I’m going to turn down a day with my family… together, for an interview with Cosmo Magazine. Sorry. I’m not even sure why I had that in the first place, I’m supposed to be chilling with all the bullshit interviews.

         In truth, I’m not exactly sure what happened yesterday, but I’m not going to complain. I do know that Ken seems to be back to her normal self, I don’t want to jinx that but fuck I can’t even explain how awesome that would be. I’m trying not to get too excited, it’s not that I expect everything to go back to normal right away but this sure gives me some hope that it might go back at some point in the future. I’d like that very much.

         When I made it to the kitchen Ken was swaying to the music in her head as she cracked an egg in the pan. I stood in the doorway and watched, there’s no way I’m going to disturb the dance fest. Sadly she turned around and laughed, “I didn’t know you were here, that was fast. OH! Look what I found! Close your eyes, close your eyes!”

         “How am I supposed to look with my eyes closed?”

         Ken giggled, “Shh, just close your eyes.”

         They were already closed when she asked me to the first time. I’d do anything that girl tells me to do; she doesn’t have to ask me twice.

         “You’re going to love it, you’re going to be so excited,” she laughed again and I felt something on my head. “Ready? Ok, open your eyes!”

         I opened my eyes to see her standing in front of me wearing Mickey ears and a goofy smile. I chuckled and turned to look at my reflection in the microwave, “No way.”

         “Yes way,” she giggled and grabbed my hand to stop me from pulling them off my head, “We have to! It’s Disneyland, this is what people wear.”

         “No it’s not what people wear. You do, you and your crazy family do, but most normal people do not wear Mickey Ears in public.”

         She giggled, “It’s tradition! Me and MY crazy family, that’s you so get used to it.”

         The fact that she just said I was part of her family again made me willing to wear anything, including this stupid Mickey hat. “It just brings back bad memories Ken.”

She’s awful smiley today, “It’s not my fault you were sold into Disney slavery and forced into child labor as a youngin. Don’t ruin it for everyone!”

         “I’m not ruining anything, I’m wearing the ears, let’s do this!”

         “Good, yay, thank you. Oh my gosh! Remember your mom gave me your old jacket from when you were on the show? I should find it, JJ can wear it, it’ll totally fit him now.”

         She’s so adorable when it comes to Disney stuff. I probably should have gone for the zoo option but I know how much she loves Disney everything so I couldn’t just overlook that. It’s just that once she starts getting all excited about it she doesn’t think straight.

         “Ken, I was twelve when I got that jacket, I don’t think it’ll fit our four year old son just yet.”

         “Oh. That sucks because by the time he’s twelve he’s not going to want to wear the dorky jacket anymore.”

         “That’s cute,” I laughed, “Are you saying I was a dork?”

         “No… you still are a dork so I guess that’s what I’m saying.”

         “Mmmhmm says the twenty eight year old wearing mouse ears around the kitchen.”

 

 

         Another long, tiring day. I’m finding the whole being a mother thing to be kind of easy, at least compared to the whole being a sister thing. It’s just that my perfect son is… well, perfect. He sleeps almost all night and hardly ever cries. When we went in to the doctor last week I asked if there was something wrong with him but the doctor just laughed and said we were lucky. Lucky is one thing I know I am.

         As for the whole being a sister thing, I mean seriously that girl has some bad taste in guys. It’s like she’ll just end up falling for any guy that gives her the time of day. It’s so annoying, especially since she could do so much better. Anyway, to make a long story short she’s spending the night, just like she’s spent the last three, in the spare bedroom. Justin just loves that. 

         Speaking of Justin, it’s nine o’clock and he’s not even home yet. He hasn’t been working since JJ was born but he had to do an interview for the Grammy’s today. I guess that’s something he should definitely be doing. How many people can say their husband is going to get a couple Grammy’s? Not many. I’m proud of my man.

         I heard the door open and felt a smile come over my face. “I’m in the kitchen.”

         I’m used to him being busy and having to work a lot, but I’ve been super spoiled these past four months since JJ has been born because Justin hasn’t done anything. So now I miss him way more even when he’s only gone for a day.

         He came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around me from behind, immediately kissing the back of my neck before whispering into my ear, “I missed you like crazy.”

         “I know, I missed you too. I was just saying how unfair it is that you go back to work. I’m spoiled now.”

         “You sure are,” Justin laughed while he continued kissing my neck, “It was just one day, I’m back now. How was the baby?”

         “Perfect, of course. He was smiling.”

         “He sleeping?”

         “Yeah, I just put him down.”

         “And your sister?”

         “She’s in bed too, she had a migraine.”

         “Perfect,” he whispered.

         “Perfect?”

         “Yeah, perfect,” he chuckled and moved his hands down my body.

         “Justin…”

         “Kendall…” he repeated in the same tone and placed his hands under my nightgown stopping for a second at my waist before slowly pushing my panties down. “I missed you,” he whispered before running his hands up my body and pulling my nightgown over my head.

         “I guess so, but…” I giggled but stopped talking when I felt his hands massaging my breasts.

         “But?” he laughed as he slid his right hand down my chest and stopped at my waist.

         “Nothing. Continue,” I wrapped my arm around his neck and turned my head so I could kiss him.

         “Alright, if that’s what you want.”

         He moved his hands away from me to pull his pants down and but continued kissing before moving my legs apart and pushing me to the counter. I moaned loudly when he entered me, never really feeling him that way before. I leaned against the counter as I felt my knees go weak while he grinded into me. I remained over the counter after I came, trying to catch my breath, until Justin pulled me up into his arms.

         “Shit baby,” I giggled as I wrapped my arms around his neck, “Where’d that come from?”

         “Absence makes the heart grow fonder,” he answered simply.

         “It was only a day though. You should definitely go back to work sooner then.”

         Justin laughed and picked me up before heading to the stairs.

 “Wait, the lights!”

“The lights!” he ran back with me still in his arms so I could turn off the lights. I kissed his neck as he carried me upstairs and threw me on the bed, “I love you so fucking much.”

“I love you too.”

“And I’m the luckiest guy in the world to be able to come home to you, and our perfect son… and your fucking sister.”

I giggled as he crawled into bed, “You love her too.”

“I do. So much so that I’m considering buying her a fucking house so she’ll leave us the fuck alone.”

“Be nice,” I slapped his shoulder as he pulled me closer.

“I’m always nice.  Good night, princess.”

The next morning JJ woke us up at eight o’clock. I still think he sleeps too much, but I guess that’s not something to complain about. Justin grabbed the baby and I followed him to the kitchen where my sister was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee and reading the paper.

“You’re up early.” Justin said as he grabbed a cup from the cupboard.

“Not that early, you guys act like I’m such a lazy bum. I went to bed early.”

“Is your head feeling better?” I asked.

“Yeah, thanks. By the way, I’m not even going to ask why there’s clothes strewn all over the kitchen.”

I heard Justin chuckle and I giggled before looking around to see our clothes all over the place. Maybe next time we should clean our shit up but it’s our house, dammit. We can do what we want. “Shut up, I was doing laundry, I must have dropped some clothes out of the basket.”

“Yeah, I’m sure that’s what it was,” she laughed, “and the fact that you two can’t stop giggling definitely proves that it was just laundry. God, you two are like fucking rabbits.”

“You can leave if it makes you uncomfortable,” Justin answered without missing a beat.

“Justin!” I gave him the death stare, “Watch the language in front of the baby.”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj love