I hate mornings. It's not a selective hate either. I hate all mornings, any day of the week. The alarm goes off and I want to throw it across the room. Some day I do so I usually keep an extra one in the house. Today is no exception.

  I woke up late, didn't have time to shave my legs, my hair looks like ass because it's raining and traffic was a bitch. I'm still trying to figure out how people in California get their license because they do not know how to drive. I mean, who puts their turn single on as they're halfway through the turn?

  So by the time I get to the office, I'm in a pissy mood and would rather be anywhere else.

  And I've still got the whole 'I love you' thing in my head. I got no sleep last night because of it. I don't understand where this is coming from. Even when we dated before he never said that, never even came close to it. For a brief second I thought I loved him too but then evil Justin showed up and didn't really leave until we broke up. Needless to say, I never told him how I felt.

  I rub my forehead as my computer turns on. Maybe I'll take a mental health day and leave at lunch time. It's not like I have to answer to anyone.

  "Knock, knock." 

  It is too early and I'm in too bad of a mood for him to be annoying me this early.

  "Go away." I groan as the door pushes open.

  Justin chuckles softly. "I just wanted to bring you breakfast." He holds up a bag and Starbucks cup.

  I narrow my eyes at him. There's got to be a catch. The fact that he stopped on his way in means he thought of someone else other than himself this morning. And that someone is me.

  He walks across the room and places the bag and coffee in front of me. "You're welcome."

  I swallow. "Um...thanks. You didn't have to that."

  He shrugs. "I wanted to."

  He wanted to? Who is the guy?

  "Anyways, I'm going to be in and out all day so I probably won't see you." He shoves his hands in his pockets and rocks on his heels.

  "Ok."

  "So this weekend a few of us are going to Disney if you're interested."

  Disney? Really? I've been living in Califormia for almost nine years now and I have never been to Disney Land.

  "Who all's going?" I ask, biding my time.

  "Trace, Rachel, Marty, a friend of Rachel's." He shrugs. "Just a few of us."

  "Yea, maybe." 

  He smiles. "Alright, great." He pauses. "Ok, well, I'll see you later?" He backs towards the door.

  "Yea, later."

  He stops at the door. "You...ah, you look good Tay."

  I can only stare at him. 

  He gives me that crooked smile before turning to leave my office, my heart fluttering in my chest.

~~

  "There is no way I'm going on that!" I look up at the ride.

  "Come on you big wuss." Trace grins at me. "It's not that bad. It'll be over in like twenty seconds."

  "No way. I don't do heights." I shake my head.

  "It's inside!" Justin laughs. "You won't even see anything."

  "I don't need to see it to know that I'm dropping thirteen stories to my death!"

  Everyone laughs. 

  "I'm with Taylor." Morgan, Rachel's friend, says. "I'm not getting on that thing."

  "Chicken." Rachel sticks her tongue out at her.

  "Taylor, come on. Man up." Trace throws an arm over my shoulder. "I'll hold your hand."

  I laugh. "Promise?"

  "Cross my heart."

  I let out a deep sigh looking at the ride. That's a long way down.

  "So, you in or not?" Marty ask leading the way to the line. "Cause we're going on."

  Trace starts to drag me behind him. "You're doing this."

  "I swear I hate you." I groan following behind him.

  "That's the spirit!" Rachel turns to smile at me.

  We managed to walk right through the line and board the ride. Being part of the Justin Timberlake party does have it's advantages.

  Once we got to the part where you actually have to sit in the elevator since there was an odd number of us, Justin, Trace, Rachel, Marty, me, the seating arrangements made me nervous.

  Rachel and Marty wanted to sit in the front row to see everything. Idiots! No one wants to watch their life flash before their eyes.

  "You ok?" Justin looks at me.

  I feel like I'm going to throw up. I need to look anywhere but in front of me.

  "Taylor, just sit between us." Trace says. "Calm down, girl. It'll be over in a second."

  I nod and take a seat in the back row between the two of them.

  Rachel turns to us. "Hang on tight!"

  I groan and close my eyes as Justin tells her to shut up.

  I have never been so scared in my entire life. I can handle rides but I cannot handle heights. It's been a fear of mine for as long as I can remember.

  The door to ride closes and my heart starts to beat faster. This is it, I'm going to die on this ride, I know it. Did I tell my mom I love her before I hung up the phone last night?

  "Just close your eyes, it'll over soon." Justin leans in and says softly.

  I nod and close my eyes tight as I can hear the ride start up.

  "Look, Ma, no hands!" Marty yells throwing his hands in the air. Rachel laughs and puts her hands up too.

  "Oh God." I groan.

  Trace laughs besides me. "Relax."

  The ride stops at the top and I take a deep breath. It drops and my stomach is in my throat. I can't even scream. It stalls out about halfway down and moves back up.  Just as I can hear the ride get ready to drop again Justin reaches out and grabs hold of my hand.

  He doesn't let go until the ride comes to a complete stop and the doors open.

  "Sorry." He whispers pulling his hand from mine. He gives me that cute grin again before unbuckling the harness.

  That flutter is back again as I watch him shove Marty out the door laughing.

  "Come Taylor, let's go!" Trace laughs behind me. "I'm not getting any younger here."

~

  I wave as Rachel and Morgan pull out of Justin's. 

  "You wanna come in for a beer?" Trace asks.

  I turn to see Justin and Marty walking into the house already. Justin turns at the doorway. 

  "You're coming in." Justin motions with his head.

  I roll my eyes and follow behind the boys. It's just beer. One beer and then I'll leave.

  An hour later I'm standing in Justin's kitchen nursing my one beer. I need to refrain from drinking. Drinking and Justin do not mix.

  "You've been in here a while." Justin grins as he leans across the island from me. "Everything ok?"

  "Yea, I'm good." I take a step back. Even with the island between us that's still not enough room.

  He notices my step back and straightens up. "Alright, well, that's good."

  I nod and bring my beer to my lips.

  "I'm sorry about earlier." He blurts out.

  I look over at him and he blushes. It's kind of adorable.

  "I didn't mean to overstep my boundaries or anything. You were just freaking out."

  "Oh, it's ok." I let out a nervous laugh. Why am I so nervous? It's just Justin.

  "Look, I need to get on home. It's late." I throw my beer in the trash. "I'll see you Monday."

  He looks shocked. What does he think, that I'm going to hang out here all night?

  "Already?" He asks.

  "Yea, I've got some stuff to do tomorrow." I shrug.

  "Alright, I'll walk you out." He starts after me.

  "I'm ok, really." I turn to him.

  He cocks his head to the side. "Now what kind of guy would I be if I didn't walk you out?"

  Jesus. Who is this guy?

  After I said my good bye's to Trace and Marty, Justin followed me outside to my car.

  "So...bye." I turn to him after unlocking my car.

  "Thanks for coming today." He says.

  "Yea, it was fun."

   He smiles softly at me. "I'll see you Monday." He leans in and I back myself up into my car. His lips graze my cheek quickly before he pulls away. "Good night."

  He turns and walks back towards the house leaving me standing there, dazed.

  

Chapter End Notes:
ugh i'm still sick but i got this up! yea for me! its the most productive thing i've done all day!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers