I stare at the phone, willing her to call me. I know it's not going to happen. She's probably still all freaked out over the whole 'I'm in love with you' speech I gave at her.

  Probably shouldn't have gone at it like that but damn it, Taylor's so hardheaded.

  She left a a few hours ago, Marty shortly afterward. Trace is still sitting here but that's not unusual. He moved out years ago but it's an unsaid understanding that he's welcome to stay any time he wants. I'd bet that fucker even has clothes in the guest room.

  "So..." Trace rolls his head against the couch to look at me. "Taylor looked good today."

  "I guess." I shrug. Where's he going with this? I fight the urge to smile at the memory of her short shorts and tank top. She did look good today.

  "Just saying." He eyes me.

  I haven't told him that I told her I loved her. He'd never let it go if things don't pan out the way I'm hoping they will. He gave me a lot of shit the first go round with her. 

  Yea, I wasn't exactly what you would call a model boyfriend and I fucked it all up. I know that. But if I'm completely honest, I wasn't ready for a relationship but I wasn't ready to lose her either. It was selfish on my part but I really cared for her and it doesn't hurt that the sex was fucking awesome. 

  I'm a guy. Give me a break.

  Trace sighs. "Dude, what're you doing to her?"

  I look over at him. "Huh?"

  "With Taylor. What're you doing?"

  "Nothing."

  He rolls his eyes and sat up a little on the couch. "I've known you too damn long for you to pull some bullshit like that."

  I hate when he's right. He let's it go to his head and he gets all Napoleon complex on me. "I just...you know," I shrug. "Might wanna try again."

  "Bad idea."

  "Why?" 

  "Cause she's got a fucking boyfriend man. He's one of your fucking artist dude. Not cool."

  "I know that you asshole." I snap. "They're doing some open relationship thing."

  He looks at me, disbelieving.

  "I swear man! Ask her." I hold up my hands, innocent. "She told me he was the one who asked for it."

  "Taylor? Our Taylor agreed to an open relationship? The same Taylor that said she wasn't gonna just fuck you anymore?" 

  I nod and he laughs.

  "That girl is a walking contradiction." He takes a pull from his beer. "That still doesn't explain why she was acting all sketchy today."

  I hesitate. "Cause I told her I love her."

  "You did what!?" He yells. He looks at me and I give him a sheepish grin. "You are a fucking idiot."

  "I wasn't going to tell her but then she said they were in this open relationship bullshit and...fuck off man. She needs to know the option is there." I snap.

  He shakes his head, clearly annoyed with me. "You are asking for a world of trouble."

  I roll my eyes and stand up. "You staying here?"

  "Probably. That ok?" He glances up at me before turning his attention back to the TV.

  "Yea. I'm going to bed." 

  "Later." He calls as I head to my room.

  After taking a quick shower, I crawl into bed, exhaustion slowly taking over my body.

  Trace didn't react the way I was hoping he would. I actually thought he'd be a little more supportive. Maybe help me think of way to win her over. He's always liked Taylor and really gave me shit for breaking up with her. 

  My mind drifts back to when I realized I more than just cared for her as a friend. I should have realized it when she told me Ethan had asked her out and I felt like someone punched me in my stomach. I guess I was in denial thinking it wouldn't last.

  But when I saw her meeting his parents and how well it went, I knew I could lose her and damn if that didn't fucking hurt. I watched the four of them and they looked like that perfect couple and in-law picture. Straight from a movie kinda shit. When she met my mom, she called her Mrs. Timberlake. I chuckle at the memory. 

  And then she pitched such a fit, following me out to my car and then there was that God damn kiss. It didn't last long but if she hadn't have pulled away, the things I would have done to do to her. Oh yea, in the parking lot, against the car. I didn't care.

  I knew the second I saw the look in her eyes, I was in love with her. I didn't care about me. I cared that she was worried about Ethan.

  I groan and throw a pillow over my face. Ethan. Lucky bastard. I bet he knows how great Taylor is. I bet he's not going to mess it up like I did.

  But...he did suggest the open relationship. I can't help but wonder if he's having his cake and eating it too.

  I'd kill him. Even if she doesn't want to be with me, he's not going to hurt her.

Chapter End Notes:
so i forgot to make a note last night, i'm blaming it on sleep deprivation, but this is justin's point of view. but you ladies are so awesome you probably knew that already. *sigh*


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers