My phone vibrates against the table for the third time in the last hour. I know it's Ethan and I past the being hurt. I've moved onto the being pissed. I'm pissed at myself for buying into his bullshit and I'm more than pissed at him for thinking he could do that to me.

I probably should answer the phone. I'd really like to give him a piece of my mind but I really don't want to do this over the phone. I know we're having this open relationship thing but I still need to officially end things with him. And even though he totally screwed me and did all the wronging, the phone is not the way to do this.

The phone vibrates again and I reach out to grab it with a deep sigh.

I'm unable to hide the smile that forms on my face when I see Justin's name flashing.

"Hello?"

"Hey. What're you doing?" He asks.

I prop my feet up on the end of the couch, pointing my toes in a stretch. "Nothing. You?"

"Nothing." He says. "Wanna go do nothing together?"

I laugh. "That sounds promising."

"Come on, let's go do something."

I love when he pouts like this. Only I'll deny it if anyone ever told him. I just find it completely adorable. Sometimes it outweighs the asshole side of him.

"I don't know. I'm in my sweats already."

"Damn it Taylor. Put some fucking clothes on and get your ass over here before I come and get you." He demands. "And if I come over there, we will not be leaving."

I know I'm blushing. He does that shit to me all the time. "Fine, fine." I drag myself into a sitting position. "I'm getting up."

He gives me a dirty laugh. "See you soon."

I groan and hang up. 

An hour later I walking into Justin's house, butterflies all a flutter. The things this man does to me is insane. I may not know if I love him but I do know that he is one guy that has ever made me feel this way.

"Justin?" I call out. "Where are you?"

"Kitchen!" He yells.

I round the corner and can't help but laugh. He's got his back to me, apron tied around his waist, shaking his ass to the music playing, cooking dinner.

"What are you doing?" I ask taking a seat in the stool at the island.

"Making dinner." He turns to me, wiping his hands on the apron. "Did you eat yet?"

I shake my head.

"Good." He turns back to the stove. "I used my grandma's  recipe."

I roll my eyes when I see what he's making. "It's fucking spaghetti."

He dumps a spoon full on the plate in front of me. "You will eat this and you will love it."

I laugh and reach for the plate. "We'll see."

"I'm the next Emeril for all you know." He walks around the island and sits next to me.  He watches me bring the fork full up to my mouth and eat the dinner he made. "I'm glad you came over."

I swallow and look at him out the corner of my eye. "Yea?"

"Yea." He shrugs and takes a bite from his own plate. "I miss this."

And he's done it. Turned on the charm. 

I can't help but agree with him though. When we were together before we used to spend most nights at each others place just hanging out and being normal, if there is such a thing. Don't get me wrong, the going out was nice but there's something so specail about spending time alone with him. Just the two of us and no cameras, no fans, no other people to bother us. It was one of the things I loved most about being with him. It was like he let the walls down and really let me in. Let me be with Justin. Not Justin Timberlake, superstar.

"So," He glances over at me. "Talked to Ethan yet?"

I knew this was coming. He's been on my case for three days about talking to him. I understand he wants me to end it but at the same time, it's really none of his business. I don't care if he loves me or not.

"No, not yet."

"Why?" He puts his fork down and turns to face me.

"This isn't something I really want to do over the phone." I sigh. "I know he fucked up but I can't do that. It's not right."

"And what he did was?"

"No, I'm not saying that. He did wrong. Very wrong and I can't forgive him for that. But I'm going to take the high road and do it face to face."

He shakes his head. "Tay, he's on the road and won't be home for another month."

"And?"

He opens his mouth but closes it quickly.

"What's your point Justin?"

He sits for a second before straightening up. "What about us?"

"What about us?"

"I just....well, I thought that we could try again since he's out of the picture now."

He really thinks it's that simple? The little voice, sounding very much like Lori, seems to agree with Justin. It is that simple. I just make it all so fucking complicated.

"Look, I need to take care of this thing with Ethan." I start. "And I need to do it my way. But that doesn't mean that we can't....go slow." I finish, a hopeful tone in my voice.

I know that look on his face. He wants to say something but he doesn't. I'm kind of shocked he doesn't. That's not like him.

Maybe things will be different.

"Ok." He reaches out and tucks some hair behind my ear. "Does slow mean no sex?"

I laugh and shove him away. "You are an idiot."

"Yea," He leans over and presses a kiss to my neck. "But you didn't answer my question."

I sneak a look over at him as he turns back to his plate. So maybe there could be some sex. Slow sex. Nothing rushed.

I feel a little giddy at the thought.

~~

A week later Justin and I have been on a few slow dates. Nothing too conspicuous. Just a few lunches and drinks. Any place we went at night, we always made sure to have Trace or Lori or Rachel with us. He didn't want to draw attention to us, with Ethan being signed to his label and I didn't want Ethan to know something was going on.

I've talked to him a few times. Always short conversations. I usually pretended to be working or heading out the door or going to bed. If he suspected, he didn't say anything.

"Hey."

I shiver when Jusitn presses a warm hand on my lower back.

I turn and look at him. "Hey yourself."

He leans, elbows against the bar. "You've been gone forever."

"The bartender is ignoring me." I pout. "Do the famous thing."

He throws his head back and laughs. 

Justin, myself, Lori and Trace are all out at some hole in the wall bar. Ethan had been calling all night but I just sent it to voicemail, not really caring.

"Yo, hey, man!" Justin calls to the bartender. "Can you get the lady a beer?"

I shake my head when the guy almost instantly places a beer in front of me. It's amazing what a famous person can do for you. I had been trying to ge this guys' attention for almost ten minutes but the second he sees Justin, everyone else fades away.

"Thank you." I smile up at him. "My hero."

He drapes his arm around my shoulder, guiding me through the crowd. "All in a days work."

We slide into the booth, across from Trace and Lori who are arguing.

"What is the problem now?" I ask him.

"He thinks that chick is hot." Lori rolls her eyes.

"What girl?" Justin turns to scan the bar. I reach out and punch his thigh. "Ow!"

"Be thankful it was only your leg." I smirk at him and he rolls his eyes.

"That girl over there." Trace motions with his head. "The one with the green top."

I turn to see who they were talking about. There are two girls with a green top across the bar. One with another group of girls and the other with a guy.

"Which one?" I ask, squinting in the darkness, trying to get a better look. "There are two different girls over there."

"And one looks like she's on a date." Justin says. "Tough break man."

"That's the one." Trace grins at us. "She may have showed up with him but I'm willing to bet she'll leave with me."

Lori and I laugh. 

"Sure. Whatever you say." Justin takes a swallow from my beer. "Not going to happen."

"I've got this." Traces leans foward, elbows on the table. "She doesn't seem that interested."

I turn to look at her again. It's at that very second that she turns her head a little.

"Son of a bitch." I gasp. 

"What?" Justin ask. "What's wrong?"

"That's Lisa." I look at Lori then to Justin.

"Skanky Lisa?" She asks.

"The tour manager?" Justin turns back around.

The three of them stare at her and the guy. Suddenly Trace stands.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." 

He starts over there but Justin grabs him and pulls him back.

What's the problem. Who is Trace going to kill? Oh. My. God. I slowly turn  back towards Lisa. The sneaky. Lying. No. Good. Son. Of. A. Bitch.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." I try to stand.

It's at that very second that Justin realizes what's going on.

"We need to get him out of here." Lori slides out of the booth and grabs Trace by the hand. "Come on. I'll let you feel me up or something outside."

I watch as Lori drags Trace out of the bar. His eyes never leaving Lisa and Ethan.

"Hey, look at me." Justin grabs my shoulders and forces me back down into the seat. "You need to stay calm."

"Fuck that." I snap at him. "He's supposed to in Texas. What the hell is he doing here?"

"I don't know but I do know you don't want to do it this way." He squeezes my shoulders before sliding his hands down my arms and taking my hands in his. "You said you wanted to be the better person. So you can either walk over there and scream and yell at the both of them. Or you can walk over there calmly and end it."

My eyes dart back and forth between Ethan and Justin. God I want to flip out on his ass. Like go all crazy ex-girlfriend on him. Grab skankly Lisa by the hair and throw her down. Beat some class into her. The very thought makes me happy.

Justin squeezes my hands and I look at him. He's right. I need to do the right thing. The grown up thing.

I lean forward and kiss him quickly. "Excuse me please."

He eyes me for a second before climbing out of the booth and letting me pass.

I walk slowly over to the two of them. My mind racing with what to say or do. I still want to throw her down and knock her around. And I want to pour a beer over his head. That seems like something that would make me feel better.

I step up to their table and they both stop talking. Ethan looks up, eyes wide with fear.

He opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"Hi honey. Suprised to see me?" I smile sweetly at him.

"Um...Taylor. Hey." He stammers, eyes darting back and forth. "What're you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I cock my head and glance at Lisa. She stares at me, wide eyed, mouth slightly slack. "I'm sorry, I don't think we've met. You are?"

She swallows hard and shoots a look at Ethan. He refuses to meet her eyes. "Um, Lisa."

"Nice to meet you Lisa." I smile at her. "I'm Taylor. Ethan's girlfriend." I turn to him. "Well, you're ex-girlfriend now."

"Taylor," He stands. "Don't-"

I take a step back. "Don't is right. I know this is the same girl from before. Hell, it's probably the same girl you've been fucking since day one, right?"

He opens his mouth but I stop him again. "Save your breath cause I'm done. We are done.  Do not call me. Do not text me. Do not show up at my place."

Without another word, I turn on my heel and walk back to Justin. I see him meet eyes with Ethan and I look away. Part of me wishes I could see the silent conversation the two of them are having but I need to get out of here.

"You ok?" He asks softly as we walk outside.

"Yea, I'm good." I smile up at him. "I'm better than good actually."

"You sure?" He stops me. "Cause-"

I stand up on my toes and press my mouth to his.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers