Oh my god. I really want to throw my phone across the room and listen to it shatter into a million little pieces. But that would probably scare my co-workers. Ethan has not stopped calling for the last two days, ever since I broke up with him. I've not answered the phone cause I don't have anything to say to him. But he just won't let it ago. He can't honestly think I'm just going to listen to him give some pre-planned speech and actually forgive him? I think not.

"Hey. Why the hell are you ignoring my calls?"

I look up and smile when I see Justin standing in the doorway. "I didn't know you were calling."

He walked across the room and stood in front of my desk, arms crossed. "That's why god invinted caller ID. Maybe you should look at the phone when it rings."

"You haven't call me, ass." I reach out and pick up my cell phone. "All my calls have been from...Oh."

"Oh?" He smirks at me. "Try again?"

"I'm so sorry. I do seem to have missed your phone calls." I grin up at him. "Forgive me?"

He laughs a little. "Yea, I guess I could. But I should get something in return."

"Is that so?" I lean back in the chair. "What would you like?"

He raises his eyebrows and an evil grin forms on his lips. "Wouldn't you like to know."

I laugh, shaking my head. This guy is too cute for hiw own good.

"Lunch will surfice for today."

"I could do that."

"Good. I already ordered it and it should be here in a few minutes." He walks back to the door. "I'm going to run downstairs, grab it and come back. We got a date?"

I can feel myself blush a little at his choice of words. "Yea, we have a date."

He laughs and leaves the room.

I know it seems like I'm moving into this....thing, I can't call it a relationship yet, with Jusitn easily with no feas or issues but that's not the case. I'm freaking the fuck out. A big part of me wants to just put a stop to it. I mean, how much have either of us really changed since we broke up? Cause while I feel different about myself and how I am with him, I'm still the same person. And he, well, he seems like the same guy he's always been. I haven't seem him do or say anything that would change my mind.

Sure he's been really present and here but he did that before. It didn't last long. I'm scared that he's going to want to forge ahead with this thing now that Ethan is out of the picture. And if I say no or show any type of hesitance, he'll just drop me and be done. And as scared as I am, I know I don't want that.

I heard someone knock softly on my door before pushing it open.

"That was quick." I say without looking up. "I thought it'd take-"

My mouth snaps shut when I look up to see Ethan standing in front of me.

"What the hell are you doing here?"I demand.

He licks his lips and shoves his hands in his pockets. "I wanted to talk to you."

"There's nothing to talk about." I stand. "You cheated, we're done."

"Come on Taylor! It wasn't like we didn't talk about the possibility of seeing other people."

"We talked about it but you lied about it! You told me that there was no one else!"

"There wasn't!" He threw his hands in the air. "Lisa was just this stupid mistake."

"Well she's your mistake now."

I can't believe he actually has the nerve to show up at my place of work and try to talk about this. What part of 'we're over' did he not understand?

"Please." He pleads with me. "Let me explain."

"Explain what?"

We look to see Justin standing in the doorway, a bag of food in his hands.

"Justin, it's fine. He's just leaving." I walk to the side of my desk. "Right? You're just leaving?

Ethan looks back and forth between us. "No, we're not done here."

I start to say something but Justin put the bag of food down on my desk before pulling himself into his full height. "I think she said you were leaving."

This is not going to end pretty.

Ethan narrows his eyes at Justin and my breathing picks up. I have no clue what's going to happen. The both of them look pretty pissed right now.

"Is this what you've been doing while I've been gone?" Ehtan sneers at me.

"I'm warning you, man. You better leave before you say something you regret." Justin's voice is low.

Ehtan laughs and I can feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up. This is going to end very, very badly.

"Come Taylor, just tell me?" He taunts. "You been having a little extra fun at work? Is that why you came back to work for him?"

Before I can even blink Justin has Ethan pinned up against the wall. "You better watch what you say from now on. She said it was over and she asked you to leave. I'm not going to tell you again."

Ethan shoves Justin off him and brushes his hands down his shirt. "This is bullshit! I'm not the only one who fucked this up Taylor and you know it. You were never in this." He brushes past Justin, bumping his shoulder in the process. I can see Justin clench his hands. "You're not worth it anyways."

He slams the door behind him. I jump when I hear him yelling as he makes his way down the hallway.

My mind is racing and I collapse in one of the chairs in front of my desk. "Holy shit."

Justin walks over and kneels in front of me. "You ok?"

I look at him, his eyes soft with concern. His hands rubbing up and down my arms. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that he just had Ehtan pinned up against the wall. For me. He stood up for me, no questions asked. He acted like the guy that I've been hoping was in there for so long now.

How can I keep running from this?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers