I rolled over, mentally preparing myself. Instead I find the spot beside me empty. I should have known better. It wasn't like we actually talked about what last night meant. Sighing I rolled to lay where he had been only hours earlier.  The pillow still smelled like him and I could kick myself. What was I thinking doing that last night? I hadn't seen him in so long and I was finally getting over it, despite his calls and now, well now I don't know where I am.

  "Damn you Timberlake." I muttered dragging my lazy body out of bed. 

  As I showered my mind flashed through our relationship. The good, the bad, the worse. We started off as friends, having met while I was temping at his record label a few years ago. We instantly clicked, both from the south and sports lovers. Then somewhere along the way things got muddled, having crossed that line where we went from friends to friends with benefits. And it worked for a while. Neither of us wanted a steady relationship but the more and more time we spent together, the more and more I began to see him in a different light. I stopped looking at other guys, started turning down dates in order to spend more time with Justin.

  The whole time I was doing this, he never really gave any idication he wanted more. But me, being the stupid girl I am, blurted out 'I want more than fucking' one night while we were fooling around on my couch.

  I'll never forget the look on his face when he pulled back. I'll never forget the way I felt when I saw his face. God, I really need to learn to think before I speak. He pulled back and sat at the opposite end of the couch, probably trying to get as far away from me as possible, I don't blame him. I wanted to get as far away from me as possible.

  "What?" He asked with a light chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. "What does that mean?"

  I don't even really remember what I said to him. I think I stuttered something along the lines of possibly having feelings for him and wanting to try the whole 'being exclusive' thing. I remember sitting there with him for a while, neither of us speaking until he finally said 'I gotta go' and then he left.

  We didn't speak or see each otherfor two weeks after that.

  "Hello?" I answered the phone, holding my breath, hoping it was Justin.

  "Hey. What'ca doing?" My best friend, Lori asked.

  "Just got out of the shower." I pulled the towel tighter around me as I walked into the bedroom. "What's up?"

  "Nothing, thinking about maybe getting some lunch and I was hoping you'd like to join me." She paused. "Maybe do some shopping afterwards."

  "Yea, I could do that."

  "Great! I'll pick you up in an hour or so."

  "Later." I hung up the phone.

  Should have know he wouldn't be calling me. That's so like him. Bastard.

Chapter End Notes:
I couldn't help myself!! I have no clue where this is going so....I'm gonna buckle up and enjoy the ride!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers