Author's Chapter Notes:
alright ladies this is it. all loose ends tied up and an ending i'm happy with. thanks so much for reading and enjoying (if you did haha). one down only five more to go! lol

"You have got to be kidding me?" I roll my eyes when I see the cover of US weekly. I reach out against my own will and pick it up to flip to the cover story.

I let out a laugh when I see the picture of Ethan and Lisa smiling wrapped up in each other's arms. Him in a suit and her in a wedding dress. Yes, a damn wedding dress. They actually got married. It hasn't even been two months since I broke up with him. I shouldn't be surprised but come the fuck on? He told me nothing was going on with her and then he marries her?

"Hey, you got everything?" Justin's voice comes up behind me.

"Yep." I put the magazine back and turn to him. His eyes flit over to the magazine and he just shakes his head. "Let's go."

"So, only two books today?" He looks down at my hands. "I'm shocked."

I bump him with my hip, biting my lip to keep from smiling. "I'm not that bad."

"You should own stock in Barnes and Noble. The amount of money you spend here is ridiculous."

"Says the man with 600 pairs of shoes."

"They get worn don't they?"

I watch as the cashiers eyes light up when she notices Justin's standing in front of her. "The books get read don't they?"

"Nerd." He smiles at me.

"Whatever." I turn to the young girl. "I have a card but don't have it with me, can you look it up?"

She nods and sneaks another glance at Justin. "Did you find everything ok?"

"We did, thank you." To this day it still takes everything to keep from rolling my eyes at the crazy fans.

Not to say that he doesn't deserve the credit and reorganization he gets but the man is at a bookstore right now. It is not the time to freak out and go all crazy fan girl.

"I'm hungry." He looks around bored and I know it's because the girl is making him uncomfortable. "Can we go get some lunch or something?"

I reach out and take the bag from the girl before turning to him. "Yea, we can do that."

"I'm...I'm sorry but can I have your autograph?"

We both stop when we hear the shy voice behind us. I look up and just catch him let out a little sigh before turning on the charm and facing her.

"No problem." He reaches out and signs a piece of paper she handed him. "There you go."

"Thank you so much." She stares down at the paper with a dreamy look in her eyes and this time I do roll my eyes.

He gives a quick nod before turning back to me. "Food, please."

I link my arm through his, my eyes catching the cover of US weekly again and I can't help but say a silent prayer that I got as far away from Ethan as possible.

I haven't seen him or spoken to him since he walked out of my office that day and to be perfectly honest, I couldn't be happier. The man is insane and I'm just glad I got out when I did. Otherwise I might have been the girl in the wedding dress standing next to him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I'll call you when I get off the plane." His voice sounds through the phone.

I shuffle through the paperwork in front of me, completely submerged in work. "Yea."

"Taylor, put the work aside for a minute and talk to me."

I sigh and sit back in the chair, relief coursing through my body for the first time all day.

"I'm sorry but I've a lot to get done and with you coming back into town it all needs to be done and out to your minions." I push my hair away from my face.

"So I'll come back in a day or two."

"No, don't do that. You're already at the airport." I roll my neck, winching when it pops. "Besides I'm almost done I just really need some food and I don't see myself being able to leave for a while."

"It's almost six there."

I glance at the corner of my computer screen and inwardly groan when I see he's right. "I was much better until you pointed that out, thank you."

He laughs a little and I smile at the sound. I haven't seen him in almost two weeks and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the hell out of him.

"Look I'm going to be there in a few hours and we'll go grab a late bite and then do nothing."

"Sounds promising but I'm not leaving until I get this all done." I glance back down at the paperwork spread out on my desk.

"Taylor." His voice full of warning.

"Look, I know you're the boss and you can do whatever you want but I work really hard at what I do and I don't want anyone else thinking I got my job by fucking the boss." I can hear the annoyance in my voice and I feel bad.

"No one thinks that." He says. "And don't take your shitty day out on me."

"I'm sorry."I close my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine but you need to relax and take a quick break." He tries to reason with me. "Go take a quick walk or something, get some fresh air and you'll be fine."

I nod. "Ok, ok, I'm moving."

"Good girl. I'll see you at the house." He pauses. "You'll be there right?"

I peek back down at the paperwork then at the clock. "Yea, I'll see you there."

Three hours later I'm still sitting in my office, everyone else long gone. But I'm too wrapped up in what I'm doing to notice that. Too busy to notice that Justin should be home already.

I lean back in my seat and rub my eyes, my makeup worn off by now. I know I should leave and head over to Justin's house. But I'm so determined to get this done before I leave. I love my job but sometimes I forget how much paperwork is involved.

"I thought I told you to go home."

I look up and can't stop the smile from forming when I see Justin crossing the room, a bag of McDonald's in his hand.

"Really though, why are you still here?" He sits in front of me and opens the bag.

I shrug and reach for my burger. "I just want to get it all finished before I leave."

He shakes his head. "You work too damn hard."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Cause you're one to talk."

He chuckles and suddenly puts his fries down. "I forgot." I watch as he reaches into the pocket of his jacket and pulls out two beer cans. "It's after five and I'm the boss."

"You are nothing but trouble." I laugh when he places one in front of me.

"Guilty as charged." He smirks and leans back in the chair. "You almost done?"

I nod, mouth too full of food to answer him. He moves down in the chair so that he can rest his head against the back of the chair and focuses his attention on finishing the fries.

I just watch him, his eyes heave from lack of sleep and I know he's exhausted. I'm guessing he went to his house and when he saw I wasn't there he drove here. The thought alone makes me warm all over. The dinner and the beer is just what I needed to catch my second wind.

That and seeing him. Two weeks is a long time.

And then it hits me.

I put my burger down and sit up straighter. His head is tilted back and his eyes closed.

"Justin." I watch him.

"Hmm?" He hums without opening his eyes.

"I love you."

He opens his eyes slowly and drops his chin to his chest and looks at me. A slow smile spread across his features but he doesn't say anything.

He's killing me just sitting there looking at me. I wish he'd say something.

"Say it again."

My breathing catches in my throat and I have never felt more content and unsettled in my life. Only Justin can make me feel this way.

"I love you." I smile.

He leans across the desk and with his face inches from mine says, "I knew you'd come around." I laugh as he presses his lips to mine. "I love you too."


Completed
meggie is the author of 31 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Lead me on also liked 505 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers