Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry guys, i can't get the status to change from 'complete' to 'in progess'. i ask vikki for help so hang in there! thanks!

 "Come in!" I yell.

  "Hey."

  I turned to see Justin leaning against my kitchen counter, like he didn't have a care in the world.

  He shrugged. "Food." He grinned nodding towards the plate of lasanga I just made for myself.

  Yea right if you think I'm sharing with you. Instead I grabbed another plate.

  "How are you?" He asked as I handed him the plate.

  "Fine." I walked past him to the living room, TV already on.

  I saw down without asking how he was. What the hell is he doing here? I haven't seen or heard from him in almost a month, the cold shoulder is all he deserved right about now.

  We sat in silence for a few minutes. It was taking everything I had not to snap at him for not calling and then just showing up. But then again, why the hell would he call me? We aren't dating. Shit, we're hardly even friends.

  "So..." He trailed off, glancing at me.

  "So what?" Still not looking at him.

  "You ok?"

  "Fine."

  "The bitch attitude says otherwise." He snapped.

  I faced him. "What are you doing here?"

  He shrugged. "I was in town and hadn't talked to you in a while."

  "Who's fault is that?"

  "The phone works both way you know." He rolled his eyes.

  "Yea, well maybe I didn't want to talk to you. Did you ever think about that?"

  I was really pissed. Who does he think he is? He cannot keep messing with my head. If he wants to be friends, fine, we'll be friends. Only friends. None of that 'with benefits' bullshit we did before. But if he wants more, well...that's another story. We broke up for a reason, we just don't work like that.

  "Is this about last time?" he asked, voice soft.

  I hugged, placing my plate on the table beside the couch. "What makes you think that?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "I mean, since when are you the type to hit it and run?"

  "Hey, come on now. Low blow."

  I looked over at him, suprised at the hurt look in his eyes. Yea, well, whatever. I'm hurt too. My head hurts, my heart hurts, everything hurts when it comes to him.

  "I'm really sorry." He glanced up at me. "I don't know what I was thinking."

  "You obviously weren't."

  He sighed and put the plate down in front of him. "Taylor, come on, don't pick a fight. We both wanted it. You even said so."

  So what? I did want it. I knew what I was doing but he should have known better then to just leave. That's what cowards do. There was so much I wanted to say to him. I wanted to tell him how pissed I was, how hurt and confused I was. But it wouldn't make a difference. We won't be together again and I don't really want that.

  Everyone thinks the Justin Timberlake is this great guy but he's really not that great. He's kind of an asshole. Selfish, arrogant, uncompromising, stubborn. Sure, he puts on a good show for the media and his fans but behind closed doors, he can be the devil. That's part of the reason we broke up. I couldn't handle the whole Dr Jekylle and Mr Hyde thing he's got going on.

  "Look, I'm really sorry. I just got scared." He started. "I was scared of what would happen when you woke up. We just don't work like that, the being in a relationship thing. It's not good for us-"

  "I know that." I swear, he's dumber then hell sometimes.

  He narrowed his eyes at me, annoyed I interrupted him. "We were just....looking for a little fun?" I could see the grin he was trying to hide and it almost made me smile. Almost.

  "Honestly, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left like that. That was a douchbag thing to do." He paused. "Forgive me?"

  Of course, stupid girl that I am, I had forgiven him the second I saw him in my kitchen. He always does this to me. Giving that stupid smile that I want to smack right off his face and looking all cute. I swear, if this retard didn't mean so much to me, I'd kick him in places that would make it next to impossible to ever have kids. 

  That's a good laugh. Justin with kids of his own. Heaven help the woman he ever ended up with.

  "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and turned back to the TV.

  He coughed to cover up a laugh and I rolled my eyes again. Idiot.

  "I'm going to see a band tomorrow night."

  I turned back to look at him. "Random."

  He smiled. "Thought you might like to come. Trace and Rachel might come too."

  "Details."

  "This band I'm thinking about signing. I want to see them live." He shrugged. "The demo was really good."

  "Yea, I could do that." If there is one thing I love, it's live music. I'm a strong believer in music makes everything better. You can almost tell the type of mood I'm in by the music I'm playing. If you went through my collection, on vinyl by the way, you'd swear I'm schizophrenic. What can I say? I like all kinds of music.

  He nodded then got to his feet. "I'm gonna go but I'll text you the details tomorrow."

  What? Short visit.

  "Oh, well, ok." I stood and followed him to the door.

  "Later." He leaned in and for a second I thought he was going to kiss me but his lips grazed my cheek.

~

  "Tay!" I smiled when I saw Trace , arms raised above his head, beer bottle in hand.

  "Hey guys." I took a seat next to Rachel.

  "Glad you came." She gave me a quick hug. "I don't know  if I can take these two by myself all night."

  I laughed and Trace flipped her off.  I looked around the crowd at the bar. This isn't really Justin's scene and I'm wondering what the hell he's doing here. I mean, he's more into the commerical stuff right now. The whole pop/R&B thing. This crowd was more like something you'd see at a Daughtry show. It was more my kind of thing.

  "Where's Justin?" I asked when I noticed he wasn't sitting with us.

  "Phone." Tracr craned his head around me to what I can only assume is a girl in a short dress or tight jeans.

  "These guys any good?" I looked around the crowd again. We were sitting tothe side of the stage about halfway back. I'd rather be closer but I'll take what I can get.

  They both shrugged "I haven't heard anything."

  I nodded and could see Justin make his way through the mass of bodies milling around the bar, his head down and ball cap pulled low. Always paranoid someone's going to recognize him. I almost want to tell him to get over himself, it's been like three years since he's put an album out.

  "Hey." He sat down at the table with us.

  "Hey."

  "They'll be on any minute."

  Two hours later, I'm in lust. The lead singer of the band is gorgeous and the fact that he can sing, oh my God. He's got this stage presences that makes it impossible to tear my eyes away from him. He's moving around the stage like he owns it and it's probably the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life. And he keeps flashing this smile that makes my mouth water. Weird, I know but he's amazing. It's to the point where if Justin doesn't sign these guys, I'm going to beat down the door of every label until someone sign them. Anything to see this guy smile.

  When the set ended I think I was the first at our table on my feet. I'm sure the three of them were looking at me funny as I made a fool of myself but I really didn't care. I have to meet this guy.

  "Let's go." Justin motioned towards the backstage area.

  My heart dropped to my stomach. What? We're going backstage? If I'd know I was going to meet the perfect guy, I'd dressed a little more slutty. I'm in jeans and a fucking Rooney concert t-shirt that I've had for years. I followed behind Trace and Rachel, running my fingers through my hair in hopes of getting all the knots out.

  I stopped dead in the doorway when I saw him. He's better up close. So much fucking better.

  "Taylor, come here." Trace waved for me.

  I walked closer to the group of guys standing with Justin, Trace and Rachel. I need to get my shit together, I don't want to look like a dumbass in front of this guy.

  "Taylor, Ethan." Justin introduced us.

  "Hey." He smiled at me.

  "Hey." Oh my God, my knees just went a little weak. I'm starting to feel like one of Justin's crazy fans.

  "Enjoy the show?" Ethan asking looking at each of us.

  "Yea, it was great." Rachel said and Trace nodded. I could only stand there.

  I saw Justin shoot me a weird look. "What?" I sna. "I liked the show."

  "Good, I'm glad." Ethan grinned at me. "But none of that matters if this guy didn't like it." He looked at Justin.

  "No, man, I did. It was great. You guys really got the crowd going." Jusitn looked at him and the other guys in the band. All of them looking really pleased with themselves.

  "You can say that again." I take another long look at Ethan.

  All heads snapped to me. Shit, did I say that out loud?

  Trace laughed and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Girl, you need to get laid."

  "Shut up." I punched him in the side. I could feel my face flame up.

  "Well, on that note, we're going to go." Rachel laughed. "It was nice meeting you guys. We'll meet you outside." She looked at Justin.

  He nodded, eyeing me funny. "Yea, I'll be out in a minute."

  "Oh my God." I moaned, covering my face with my hands. "I'm an idiot." I leaned against the side of my care. "You can say that again?! Who says that?" Trace and Rachel laugh. "You guys are not making this better."

  "it's fine." Rachel said, still laughing. "I'm sure he's used to women throwing themselves at him all the time."

  "Yea, I mean, so you practically told him you wanted to fuck him. Maybe he'll take you up on it." Trace laughed harder.

  "I hate you both." I groaned. "Not funny."

  "It really was."

  I can't believe I said that. I'm usually so much smoother than that. I'll never be able to face Ethan again. If Justin signs them, I'll never be able to go to a show.

  "Hey. So you gonna sign them or what?" Trace asked as Justin walked across the parking lot.

  "As Taylor." He grinned at me. "If that's the reaction I'm going to get from women, you bet your ass I am."

  I could feel my face heat up again. "I hate you guys."

  They laughed. "Come on, you have to admit, it was pretty funny."

  "No, not really." I looked down at the parking lot. "I have never been so embarrassed in my life."

  "On the bright side, you just made my decision easier." Justing shrugged. "I was leaning towards yes already but your reaction gave me the push I needed to sign them."

  "Glad to be of service." I turned to unlock my door. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going home to slit my wrist now. Later."

  I closed the door, leaving the three of them laughing at my humiliation.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers