I groan rolling over in the bed. There is no fucking way someone is knocking on my door at 9 am on a Saturday. At least, not someone who doesn't have a death wish.

  Maybe if I ignore them, they'll go away.

  *knock, knock* Or maybe they won't.

  I fling the covers back and head towards the obnoxious knocking. I'm kind of hopng it's some crazy door to door salesman so I can rip him a new one.

  I swing the door open, prepared to flip out on this person but all thoughts leave my mind when I see Ethan standing there, a bag from Dunkin Donuts in his hand.

  "Morning." He grins. "I would say I hope I'm not waking you but that would ruin the plan."

  I stand there, mouth open. What the hell is he doing here? I talked to him last night, only a few hours ago actually and he was in Florida.

  "I've rendered her speechless."

  "You wish." I smile opening the door wider to allow him in. "It's the bag that's left me speechless."

  He laughs as we make our way to the kitchen. "I hope you're not too pissed about waking you up."

  I shake my head pouring a glass of milk. "Nah, I was up anyways."

  He eyes my pajamas and tangled hair. "I'm sure you were."

  I turn, leaning against the counter and smile at him. "It's a nice suprise."

  "You're welcome."

  "So, got plans for today?" I ask biting into the donut. He is a God, bringing me a chocolate covered piece of heaven. 

  He shrugs. "Nope."

  "No recording?" I raise an eyebrow.

  "Nope, I'm yours all day."

  I smile. "Ok.....well let me take a shower and we'll go do something."

  Almost an hour later we're driving down the freeway and he's telling me about all the shows they've been doing and how great the crowds have been.

  I can only look at him. I'm so happy to see him. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I opened the door this morning. It's an amazing and scary feeling all at the same time. I never thought I'd feel this strongly about him so quickly. Not that I love him but I can definitely see that happening.

  "I need to ask you something." He reaches out and places his hand on my knee.

  "Ok. What's up?" I turn in the seat to face him a little better.

  He doesn't speak for a few seconds and I can't read his face. He won't look at me.

  "Everything ok?" I ask placing a hand on his. "Cause you're freaking me out a little."

  He shoots me a quick smile. "Everything's fine." He gives my knee a squeeze. "Ok, so I know we haven't really talked about this and I know things are kinda crazy for me right now and I'm sure it'll only get worse but I gotta know," He pauses.  "What is this?"

  Huh? What's what? What is he talking about? I turn to look out the window. Did we pass something?

  "Us, Taylor. What are we doing." He laughs.

  Oh, I knew that. Damn it! "Um....I don't know."

  "I just want to let you know that there's no one else for me. Not since that first date."

  I swallow. Wow. That's kinda big. "For me either." 

  As soon as those words leave my lips I mentally kick myself. Justin's face flashes in my mind. Do I tell him the truth? We aren't exclusive...yet. I have no idea where he's going with this.

  "Ok." He nods. "I'd like to keep it like that. Just you and me."  He turns to me as we slow to a stop at a red light. "I mean, if you want."

  Hell yes I want. I think. I did the whole 'dating a rock star' thing. With Justin. I cringe again. It's not fun. Being apart for long periods of time. The drama that comes with dating a celebrity. But Ethan is not Justin. At least in terms of 'celebrity'.

  "You with me?"

  I look at him. "Yea, sorry. I checked out for a second." I lick my lips. "Ethan, we don't really know each other that well. We had a couple of dates and then you've been gone for the last three months."

  "I know. That's what made me realize that I didn't want to be with anyone else."

  He always knows what to say. I makes me feel like this is some sort of prince charming thing. He finds the right words to say to make me laugh or smile when I'm having a bad day. Or how to say that comforting thing when the world is out to get me.

  "Ok, that's it then." 

  He turns to me. His eyes search mine, like he's trying to make sure he heard me correctly. He smiles when I smile.

  "Ok, then it's settled." He brings my hand to his face and presses a kiss to the back of it.

  And just like that we're exclusive.

~

  What is it with people knocking at my door at the most inopportuen time? I drag myself from the couch and move towards the door.

  I glance at the clock on the microwave as I pass the kitchen. 11:34 pm. Who is at my house this late at night?

  "Hey, I know it's late. I'm really sorry."

  Justin. What the hell is he doing here? I haven't seen him in almost two weeks.

  "Tay, I'm really sorry but I couldn't wait." He's almost giddy. Eyes bright with excitement, huge smile on his face, bounching back and forth of his feet.

  If it wasn't so late, I'd find his behavior infectious but I'm tired and I was comfortable on the couch.

  Before I can say anything he shoves something in my face. I take it from his hands. A blank CD. Nothing written on it. What the hell is he on?

  I look at him. "What is this?"

  "I signed her!"

  I blink. Signed who? I swear the drugs this guy did yeas ago really messed him up. He always says the most random things. Like he's on some kind of acid trip or something.

  "Anouk!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air like I should have know.

  My brain stops. He signed her? Just like that?

  "I flew to New York, met her, had her sing in the fucking parking lot of the hotel. The parking lot! Signed her as soon as we got into the lobby." He actually jumps when he finishes.

  I let his words process in my head. He flew. To New York. Had her sing. In the parking lot. Then he signed her. Just like that. 

  "That's a week and a half's worth of non-stop recording." He points at the CD in my hand. "It's incredible. This was the best find you've ever made!"

  I look down at the CD in my hand then back up at him.

  "Say something!" He laughs.

  "You signed her?"

  "Yes!" He nods.

  Oh my God! I can't believe it. Befor I can process what I'm doing, I throw my arms around his neck and hug him.

  "Justin that's awesome! I'm so excited for you!" I almost shout in his ear. 

  "Excited for us." He wraps his arms around my waist tightly. "I want you to help produce."  

  I stop breathing. Produce? I don't know anything about that.

  "She's going to be huge." He says, still holdng me close.

  "Taylor?"

  My heart jumps to my throat. Ethan.

  I feel Justin tense up. I release the hold I have around his neck and pull myself from his arms.

  I'm an idiot. 

  "Hey. He just signed that girl I was telling you about." I turn to my boyfriend. That still feels weird and new. "That's great!" Maybe enthusiasm will distract from the fact I was just in another guys arms. Completely innocent but he doesn't know that.

  He looks at Justin, a smile forming on his face. "Yea, that's great man. Congrats."

  "Thanks." Justin says.

  This is not good. My boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend, in my doorway. 

  "He wants me to produce." I blurt out.

  They both look at me like I've grown another head.  Ok, so maybe that was out of left field.

  "What?" Ethan questions, an amused look on his face.

  "Um," I look at Justin. He's got the mask on again and I have no clue what he's thinking. I turn back to look at Ethan. "He ah, he wants me to help produce her album."

  "That's great!" He smiles at me. "I know you'll be great!" He pulls me in for a hug. He pulls back, dropping a quick kiss to my lips.

  "Thanks." I pull away glancing back at Justin. He still hasn't said anything. 

  "You want to come in?" Ehtan asks him.

  I eyes snap to him. Don't invite him in! 

  "We're just watching 'Cheaters'." Ethan tells him.

  "No, I really should go." Justin doesn't look at me. "I just wanted to give you that."

  "I'm glad you did. Thanks." I give him a soft smile.

  He nods. "I'll see you Monday."

  "Later." Ethan says before heading back to the living room.

  I take a step closer to Justin. "Thanks for the CD. And the opportunity. It really means a lot to me."

  His eyes look back towards the living room. "So, are you guys...."

  I bite my bottom lip. I really don't want to tell him what's going on. I know I shouldn't care but I do. We've been through a lot together and I'm not sure how he's going to handle this.

  "Yea." I finally meet his eyes.

  He licks his lips and takes a step back. "Alright." He rocks on his heels. "I'm sorry for stopping by so late. I didn't know."

  "No, it's not like-"

  He holds up a hand to stop me. "I'll just see you Monday."

  "Justin, wait." I take a step towards him.

  He shakes his head and steps away from me again. "It's cool. I'll see you at the office. We'll talk about the album."

  I open my mouth to speak but he turns and heads towards the elevator. He steps in, not even turning around as the doors slide shut.

  Well shit. That's not how I imagined that scenario happening.

Chapter End Notes:
i'm super excited! no clue why! prolly cause i havent eaten all day and i'm getting delirious....either way. i'm gonna go eat now! enjoy


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers