Author's Chapter Notes:
ok, fair warning, i'm kind of winging this so i have no clue how long/short it will be and what's actually going to happen! lol

  I'm freaking the fuck out right now. It's taking everything I have not to get plastered but I know how far from good that would be for me right now. I scan the room, looking for Ethan and his parents.

  That's right. His parents. 

  The guys finished recording the album about a week ago and the record label was hosting a small party to celebrate. Now I'm all for a good party but two days ago he dropped the bomb on me. His parents were coming out to visit and he wanted me to meet them.

  I do not do well with parents. I get along with mine but other peoples, not so much. I once told an exboyfriends mom that I hated 'Ladies Home Journal' and she turns to me and says 'I'm an editor'. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. 

   So now I'm standing at the bar of the restaurant that was rented out for tonight, hiding. I know, I'm a chicken shit but it's for the best. I really like Ethan and things are going greeat. Meeting his parent will ruin that.

  "There you are!"

  Shit. Caught.

  "Hey." I smile turing to the voice. "I was looking for you."

  "I'm sure you were." He grins. Beside him are what I can only assume are his parents. He looks like a good mix of both of them and it warms my heart a little.

   "Taylor, this is Susan and Bryan, my parents." They come to stop in front of me.

  "It's very nice to meet you." I greet them. 

  "We've heard a lot about you dear." Susan smiles at me. At least she seems friendly.

  I sneak a glance at Ethan and he blushes. So he told his parents about me. That's a good sign.

  "He says you're producing a CD?" Bryan asks.

  "Album, dad. Album." Ethan corrects him, head shaking.

  I laugh. Maybe this won't be so bad.

  An hour later and Ethan has gone off with his parents I can breath easy. I'm very proud of myself. I didn't say anything stupid or offend anyone. In fact, they seemed to really like me. Which can only help move things along with Ethan.

   "Are those his parents?"

  Figures Justin would be lurking around somewhere. "Yep, that's them."

  "Big step." He takes a long pull from his beer bottle. "Kinda soon, huh?"

  Maybe for someone who doesn't know how to commit to another person. "Maybe." I shrug. "But it's important to him."

  "What about you?"

  I shrug again. "If it makes him happy then I'll meet them. They're just people."

  He gave me a skeptical look. 

   "Shut up." I roll my eyes.

  He lets out a laugh. "I didn't say anything."

  "You didn't have to. I know what you're thinking."

   "You don't know shit." He snorts.

   "What is going on?" I snap. I've gotten nothing but attitude from him in the last few weeks, ever since he showed up at my apartment and I've just about had it. 

  He looks at me, eyes slightly wide at my outburst. "Nothing."

  "Bullshit. You've been a real dick and I'm getting a little sick of it."

   He huffs and turns to walk away. "I'm outta here."

  I know he did not just walk away from me. "I'm not done yet!"

  He waves over his shoulder. "Later."

  Fuck that. I'm seeing red at this point. I slam my beer down and stalk after him. We're going to have this out right now one way or another.

  He turns when he hears me behind me. "Don't mess with me right now. I'm not in the mood."

  "Too bad."

  "Go back to your little boyfriend and his perfect parents." He turns away from me again.

  Asshole!

  I follow him out to the parking deck. I know he knows I'm still following him but he's refusing to acknowledge me. He reaches into his pocket to pull his key out and I grab his shoulder to spin him around.

  "Ow Taylor! Fuck!" He yells as his hip hits the review mirror. "What is wrong with you?"

  "You." I yell back. "You asshole!"

  "Go inside." He tries to turn again but I push him back.

  "What is going on?"

  "Go back inside." He practically growls at me.

  "Not until you stop acting like a dick."

  "I'm done." He turns quickly to unlock his car.

  "God damnit!" I yell, grabbing his shoulders and turning him around again.

   His stumbles at the force, his hands grabbing my waist to steady himself. "Stop fucking doing that!" He yells at me again, breathing heavy.

  "Then stop fucking trying to leave!" I yell back, chest heaving as I breath deeply. 

  Then suddenly I grab his face and kiss him. He responds instantly, hands gripping my waist tigther and pulling me closer. He didn't have to do that cause I'm pressing myself as close to him as I can get. Our lips moving together, tongues moving against each other, breaths ragged.

   Somewhere behind me I hear a car alarm go off and my mind becomes clear. I'm standing in a parking deck, making out with a man who is not my boyfriend.

  My boyfriend! Is inside with is parents. Who I met for the first time tonight.

  Fuck my life.

   I pull away from Justin and take a step back. He licks his lips and I bring a hand up wipe mine. This is bad.

  Very, very bad.

 

Chapter End Notes:

i didnt even re-read this so i'm sorry for all the mistakes i know are there

on the bright side, i had breakfast for dinner so maybe i'll have some weird dreams tonight! lol



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers