I glanced around the room, taking in all the faces. Grinning when I see people already stumbling around after drinking too much.

  Why I showed up, I sitll haven't figured out yet. I mean, I should be at home working but here I am, standing in Justin's backyard. I don't even know the guy who owns the house. My best friend, Maggie invited me to this party. Cook out she called it. Cook out my ass, there are too many people for a causal BBQ in sunny California.  

  I know her job as a dancer allows her to befriend all these rich and famous people, half of which I've never even heard of. But just because she's friends with them, she doesn't have to drag me to everything she goes to. Maybe she thinks she's doing me a favor or something. But in all actuality, I kind of hate this.

  To watch all these so called 'stars' run around, drunk or high on God knows what, making asses of themselves seems so childish to me. Don't get me wrong, I love to kick back and have a good time just as much as the next person but really? I just saw some sitcom star puke in the pool with some blonde hanging over the side laughing at him. Her short dress barely covering her ass.

  I rolled my eyes and turned away.

  "Sloane!" I turned to see Maggie walking towards me, beer in hand.  "Have you meet Trace?"

  My eyes moved over to the guy walking next to her. He's cute, too short for me, but cute none the less.

  "Hey." He grinned, handing me a beer.

  "Thanks." I like this guy already. "Trace, huh?"

  He gave a slight nod of the head. "That's me."

  I saw Maggie eye him and giggle. Jesus, she's got a crush on this guy. I don't know where she meets the people.

  "Trace works with Justin." She said to me.

  "Who's Justin?" I asked. Again, I'm not really up on all this Hollywood stuff. 

  "Timberlake." Trace answered for her, pointing out towards the end of the pool. "It's his house."

  I turned to see a guy, back towards me, helping the puking pool guy to his feet. I watch as he practically drags the drunk guy over to a chair. God, if this was my house and that asshole just threw up in my pool, helping him to a chair is the last thing I would be doing.

  "Yo! Justin, come're!" Trace yelled.

  Justin turned and looked in our direction. From a distance in the dark, he was kinda cute. He waved a hand before Trace had the chance to yell again. He held up a finger to indicate he needed another minute.

  "I was just telling Trace about you're company." Maggie said drawing my attention back to her. "He's looking to redo his house."

  "Yea?" I looked at him. "Are you using anyone right now?"

  "Nah, I hate all that decorating shit." He paused when I raised an eyebrow at him. "Sorry, nothing personal. My mom and Justin's mom did both our houses. I'd be perfectly happy as long as there's a bed, a TV and a couch to sit my ass down."

  I smiled. "Well, if you're interested in having someone other than your mom help out, give me a call."

  "You don't want him calling you." 

  "Dude, shut the fuck up." Trace grinned at Justin.

  "Hey Maggie." He turned to me. "Justin."

  "Sloane." I finally got a good look at him and he was beautiful. Tall with brown hair that looked like it would curl if it got any longer. And these amazing blue eyes that I could look at for days on end. "Is the puker gonna be ok?"

  He laughed and something inside me fluttered. "He'll be ok. He's got that lovely lady helping him out." 

  We all turned to see the long legged blonde, passed out next to him.

  "Really though, you don't want Trace to call you." Justin said looking back at me.

  "Actually I do." I smirked at him and Trace made a huff as to say 'see there'. 

  "You know I'm thinking about redoing the house." Trace said. "She's an interior designer."

   "And she's great too!" Maggie said, eyeing Jusitn. "You should hire her cause the man cave could use a facelift."

  "There is nothing wrong with my house." Justin rolled his eyes at her. 

  "I don't know...." I trialed off looking back towards the house. "That light fixture in the kitchen leaves something to be desired."

  "What the fuck is wrong with my light fixtures?" He looked at me as Trace and Maggie laughed.

  I looked at him, holding back a smile. "I'm just saying, you can tell a guy lives here."

  "That's because a guy does leave here. Me."

   "I'm just saying." I brought the beer to my lips and took a swallow. "You can give me a call too."

~

  So maybe I shouldn't have done those last three shots with Trace and Maggie but damn it, I crumble under peer pressure. And now those two have  disappeared and I'm sitting here alone and in no condition to walk to my car, let alone drive.

  "Sloane?"

  I turned my head quickly towards the voice. "Whoa." I shouldn't have moved that fast because now the urge to empty my stomach was getting hard to control.

  "Come on." Justin sighed reaching to pull me to my feet. "Can you get up?"

  "Yes." I slurred trying to pull myself up but my legs feel like Jell-O. "No." I pouted looking up at him.

  Even in my drunken stupor I could make out a faint smile on his lips.

  "Here, take my hand." He said softly. He reached out and took hold of both my hands and pulled me to my feet.  Once upright, I felt the floor sway. "I've got you."

  Leaning into his side, I allowed him to lead me out of the kitchen and across the living room.

  "You have really ugly furniture." I mumbled as we pasted a black leather couch. "You need help."

  "Yea, I'll think about it." He chuckled as he reached out and opened a door.

  I turned to look at him as he lead in towards what looked like a bed. I haven't seen a guy this good looking in a long time and the fact he was taking care of my dumbass was only adding to his appeal.

  "Lay down." He pushed the covers down. "Come on."

  Once he let go of me, I just flopped into the bed. "You know...you're really pretty." I grinned up at him. In my mind, I thought it sounded cute but I'm sure I looked like the female version of the pool puker.

  He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck with an embarrassed grin. "Get some sleep."

~

  "Oh God." I groaned, throwing the pillow over my face. 

  It was when I heard a dog bark that I realized I was in a bed that wasn't mine. Pulling the pillow away I cracked an eye to look around. This is definitely not my bedroom.

  I could hear someone telling the dog to quiet down through the door. Pushing my body off the bed and sliding my legs out from under the covers, a wave of nausea washed over me. I gasped for air to curb the urge. Thankfully it worked and I was able to stand.

  "Morning." Justin smiled at me as I walked into the kitchen.

  Groaning I rubbed my head. "Not so loud please."

  He smirked and brougt the coffee mug to his lips. "There's some coffee for you. Advil beside it."

  "Thanks." Now I was embarrassed. I don't even know this guy and I wake up in his guest room with the hang over from hell. 

  "So...." I turned to face him after taking the pills. "Sorry about last night."

  "It's cool." He shrugged, pulling his eyes away from the newspaper he was reading. "At least you didn't puke in my pool."

  "Yea, well we can't all be cool like that."

  He laughed and again something fluttered inside me. The last thing I needed was a crush on this guy. I'm too busy working on getting my company off the ground. 

  "Where's Maggie?" I asked looking around, half expecting to see her walking around.

  "I think she left with Trace last night."

  "Figures that slut would do that."

  He threw his head back and laughed again. I smiled and brought the coffee cup to my lips. 

  There was comfortable silence, him sitting at the kitchen bar reading and me drinking my coffee.

  "So my furniture is really that bad, huh?" He looked up at me, folding the paper.

  I blushed. "Did I really say that?"

  "You really did."

  "Sorry about that."

  He shrugged and stood up. "Maybe I do need a change. I've had all the same stuff for years."

  He walked over and rinsed his mug out. "So, what'ya say?"

  I looked at him, blank stare on my face. "What?"

  "The jobs yours if you want." He shrugged and pointed at the light fixture over the kitchen island. "You said I needed the help."

  Did he really just offer me a job? He doesn't even know me. Hell, he hasn't even seen my work. He's lost his damn mind.

  But when I looked at him, I felt a sense of peace in knowing that he knew what he wanted.

  "Yea, ok." I grinned at him sitcking my hand out. 

  "Deal." He returned the grin and shook my hand.

Chapter End Notes:
so....i've posted a lot in the last few days but i've been really inspired lately. the joys of having the IPod on random. hope you enjoyed and thanks in advance for any reviews left!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story