"He really asked you to go with him?" Maggie asks turning to me.

"Yep." I nod. "He really asked."

"You gonna do it?"

I shrug. "It's kind of a big deal.Like a really big deal."

"Yea, but he asked so he must want you there." She reasons with me.

I shrug again. Justin asked me to fly to New York for the fashion show for the new line. But he wanted me to be his date for the after party. This means walking the red carpet together. That's a huge deal. I know that I've had my picture taken when we've been out before but this is like my official 'coming out'. He will actually indroduce me as his girlfriend.

Part of me is excited. Not just for the coming out but because he and Trace have worked so hard on the line and this is a big deal for them. I'm so proud of him and I can't wait to see the finished product for everything. But another part of me is so nervous and scared. Since I didn't know much about Justin when we first started dating I had to do my research. While I was checking him out I stumbled upon a fan site that ripped his last girlfriend to shreds.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of that part.

"Don't worry about the fans." Maggie gives me a look, like she had been reading my mind. "Let them think whatever they want. He wants to be with you."

"I know. I'm just a little nervous." I confess with a sheepish grin.

"Understandable. But he picked you and if they don't get it, then they don't get him."

I can't help but smile at her. Every once in a while she knows exactly what to say.

~~~~
Shit. Why does it seem my cell phone rings at the most inopportune time? I'm just getting off the plane in New York, my hands are full and I can't seem to find the damn thing in my purse.

"Excuse me." I step between a group of people at the baggage claim. "Sorry."

My phone starts ringing again and I drop my carry-on bag to the floor before reaching into my purse again.

"Hello?" I answer breathlessly.

"Are you here?"

The smile that I know breaks out on my face almost makes me sick. "I just landed. I'm standing at baggage claim as we speak."

"Good." Justin replies. "I'm waiting outside in the car."

"What? You shouldn't be here." I frown. He was supposed to just meet me at the hotel later. He has too much going on to take time out to come pick me up.

"I know but I wanted to. So hurry up and get your cute ass out here."

I let out a very unlike me giggle. "Bye." I can hear him laughing as I hang up the phone.

Five minutes later I'm standing outside the airport on the sidewalk scanning the cars for Justin or Mike, his bodyguard. Neither of them to be seen. I walk up and down the sidewalk several times before I hear a horn blare behind me. I whip around and see a black Escalade parked right across from the drop off lanes.

I put my hands on my hips when the noise doesn't stop. He thinks he's a funny guy. He's still pressing down on the horn and people are starting to turn and look at his car. Way to not draw attention to yourself Justin.

Shaking my head I drag my suitcase behind me and walk towards the car. The closer I get, the more the honking turns into short, quick taps and by the time I reach for the handle I'm laughing.

"How ever did you find me?" Justin smiles innocently at me as I slide into the backseat next to him.

"I don't know. Some jackass parked next to you wouldn't lay off his horn." I return the same smile.

He cranes his neck to look behind me. "Do I need to send Mike to kick his ass?"

Mike and I laugh as he pulls the car out of the parking deck. "You are such an idiot." I reach out and shove him playfully.

"Never claimed to be anything else." He leans in and presses a soft kiss to my mouth. "Good flight?"

"Long flight." I close my eyes, moving to the center of the seat and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're here." He says, voice low before kissing the top of my head.

I lift my head to look at him. "You guys ready for the show?"

He nods before glancing up at Mike as he maneuvers through the downtown traffic. "Yea, I think so. Just working out some last minute things but I think we're ready."

"Good." I rest my head against him again. "I'm excited to see everything."

"Are you excited about everything else?" He asks as he laces his fingers through mine.

I shrug but don't say anything.

"Sloane?" He shifts causing me to look up at him. "Everything ok?"

I give him a short nod.

He sighs and I can feels his fingers tighten around mine. "You don't have to do this if you don't want, you know."

"I know." I squeeze his hand. "I want to. It's important to you so it's important to me."

His eyes search mine for several minutes, like he doubts me. "Ok then."

"Ok then." I grin at him.

~~~~~
The show was amazing. The new line looks awesome and I'm so proud of Jusitn and Trace. Everything went off without a hitch and the look on their faces when they took their final walk was enough to make me almost bounce in my seat.

But now I'm standing backstage waiting for Justin to meet me so we can head to the after party. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out. But I'm trying to remain calm because showing Justin how nervous I am will only make him nervous and he's doesn't need to be. I know that no matter what anyone says about me or about us, it won't change anything. I'mgoing to be with him because I want to and because he makes me happy.

"Hey." Justin walks through the crowd and smiling brightly at me. "You ready?"

"Born ready." I smirk a little at him as he holds his arm out to me. "You guys were great."

He looks down at me. "Yea?"

I roll my eyes at him. "You know you guys did great."

"I know." He puffs his chest out and I reach out and slap the back of my hand against his chest. "Ouch."

"That didn't hurt you big baby."

He chuckles and opens the door for me and we step into the cold New York air. He wraps his arm around my shoulders. "You don't mind walking do you? It's just a few couple blocks up."

I shake my head and lean into his body, the cold air causing me to shive.

I can see the photographers across the street as they spot us walking. The flashing start immediately. He tightens his grip on me but doesn't say anything. I keep my gaze ahead of me, following his lead.

"When we get to the club there's like this press set up so I've got to stop and answer a few questions with Trace but I'd like it if you stayed outside and wait for me?" I nod my head when he looks at me. "Trace is supposed to be there so I'll answer my questions with him and if anyone asks, which I'm sure they will, I'll just tell them who you are." He shrugs. "Is that ok?"

I nod. I don't really know what to say. This is his world and his thing and I have no clue what to say. I'm just going to follow his lead with this type of stuff.

"Sloane?" He stops walking. "You can still back out."

I shake my head. "No, I want to do this."

He cocks his head to the side before heaving a deep sigh. "Alright." He looks towards the group of camera men. "Let's go then."

I smile at him before reaching out and taking hold of his hand. We're in this together and as long as we have each other, everything else doesn't matter.

Chapter End Notes:
ok, sorry for any errors or weird things with this one. i couldnt get the stupid thing to load from word so i had to re-type it on the notepad and i didnt look over it. soooo forgive me?

Incomplete
meggie is the author of 31 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked If it's alright also liked 605 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story