Sitting on the hood of the car is a bouquet of roses and a note. Watching Kara open the envelope, I can't wait to see what it says. "What does it say? What does it say?"

"Hang on." My hands are shaking. I'm so nervous. It's from Justin I know that. Finally, I get it open and begin reading it out loud. "Girls, I just wanted to tell you that you both did great tonight. If you want, call me at 555-1278 Love Justin." It's a handwritten note from Justin Timberlake. How often do you get a personalized note from Justin Timberlake?!

"Kallie, you HAVE to call him. I'm too nervous. I'll make an idiot of myself. Please talk to him. Please, please."

"Ok. Ok. No problem. It's not like I'm not nervous either K. You know I love Justin just as much as you do." The butterflies in my stomach have not left me at all tonight. Now that I'm actually gonna call him, they're getting increasingly worse though. My hands much like Kara's, are shaking badly too. Dialing the numbers is becoming very difficult. Finally, the last number is entered.

This hot water feels good on my back. Is that my phone? Hopping out of the shower, I hurriedly wrap a towel around my waist. Walking from the bathroom into the living room, I grab my phone off the charger. Who's number is that? Placing the phone carefully, slowly, to my ear, I say,

"Hello?"

"Hey Justin. It's Kallie. What's up?"

"Hey girl. Not much. Just caught me in the shower. You girls have plans tonight?"

Ok, all I heard was that I caught him in the shower. Oh, my, gosh, that is like the PERFECT mental image right there. Mr. Timberlake in the shower. Lucky ass shower. I'm so involved in my thoughts that I didn't hear what he said. Finally, I wince from the shrill tone of his voice. He's yelling at me. What the hell? "I'm sorry Justin. What'd you say?"

"I SAID, You girls have plans tonight?"

"No. Not that I know of why?" Please ask us to hang out. Please! Grabbing my notebook from the nightstand beside one of the beds in the room, I write, Justin is going to ask us to hang out. Kara covers her mouth and jumps up and down. I'm trying to stifle my laughter.

"You guys wanna come hang out over here?" Of course they're going to say yes. Just hope that they aren't nervous. It makes me nervous when other people around me are nervous.

"Sure. That sounds great. We would love to. Just give us an hour. I need to get ready." What am I gonna wear? Justin Timberlake. Not only am I going to hang with him, I'm hanging with him......IN A HOTEL ROOM!!!! That's the most amazing part!

"Gotta hurry, gotta hurry, gotta hurry." Jumping in the shower, I realize that I'm going to hang out with Justin Timberlake! This has been my dream forever! Finally, I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my hair and myself and make my way towards the closet. Hmm.

"Kallie! Hurry, I don't wanna keep Justin waiting!" She always takes forever to get ready. She's gonna make us keep Justin Timberlake waiting! Good idea. Jeez. So nervous. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna say? Breathe Kara. Have to focus and get ready.

"It's not gonna kill him to wait Kara. Just take your time. Besides, he's probably just as nervous as we are. I mean, we are beautiful, young, intimidating women you know." Haha. I don't even believe that one myself. Maybe the young part.

"Whatever Kallie." There's a knock at the door. Wonder who that could be.

"Door!"

Peeking out from the door of the bathroom, I can't help but laugh at Kallie.
"Get the door!"

Maybe it's Justin. That would be cool. Turning the handle on the door, I come face to face with a bellhop. Damn. No Justin. He looks about my age. All I can see are his green eyes and a hint of dark hair peeking out from his bellhop hat that is just a tad too big. Don't laugh Kallie. Be nice. He's kinda cute. If it weren't for the whole maroon and gold uniform, he may just be classfied as cute. I'm sure you get him out of that thing and into some jeans, a nice button down shirt he would be really handsome. Kallie, you're daydreaming again. Damnit. His outfit reminds me of the dude from The Tower Of Terror ride at Disney World. That ride, I went on it twice and didn't throw up once. It was soo cool! Okay, back to the bellhop. Sigh.

"Hello." Smile and be polite Kallie his job probably blows.

"Hi." Wow. Very pretty. Nice smile. Another girl walks out. She's as beautiful as the other girl. She looks freaked out though. Rushing around the room.

"Are you Kallie?"

"Yes. I am."

"Well, these are for you." Behind me, I pick up a huge bouquet of red roses. Someone must really like her. I hand her a card that came with the roses. As our fingers touch, a surge of excitement runs through my body. Wow.

"These are beautiful. Thank you so much." Reaching for my purse, I grab a ten dollar bill and hand it to him.

"Thank you ma'am."

"Oh no. My name's Kallie.


He leaves and I turn on my cd player and start getting dressed. "Knockin On Heaven's Door" by Guns N Roses is playing. I begin to sing, loudly. Disturbing Kara. Haha. Finally, we're ready to go. Kara looks really cute. She's wearing faded jean capris, and a black t-shirt with Avril Lavigne's face on it. Cute shirt. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail. She's wearing full makeup tonight. Of course. We both are. Her Chucks on her feet. Her makeup. Hint of foundation. Same color of powder. On her lips is a a couple coats of clear lipgloss, just for effect. Her eyes are her main focal point. Her eyes have always been anyways. Ok so, her eyes are dressed in black eyeliner, mascara, and she has on blackish gray eye shadow making her eyes look smoky. It looks really hot trust me. She looks really great.

Kallie looks really pretty. Her naturally wavy hair is straightened. Which, by the way, took a whole hour! She's wearing more makeup that usual. With or without makeup, she's really pretty. As am I. Gotta give myself props too. Her eyes. she's wearing eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow. The eyeshadow starts with a very light pink brightening to a bright, hot, pink. Her lipstick is a faint shade of pink, finished with a clear coat of lip gloss. Her clothes. A pink spaghetti strap cami. With well, I call them boob pockets. It always makes Kal laugh but, that's what they look like. With lace framing the edges of the "pockets". The shirt starts like her eyeshadow. Light pink to bright pink in a diagonal. The shirt is cut asymmetrical at the bottom. With a pair of light blue jeans. She unlike me, also has her ears pierced. I'm scared of needles. Hanging from her ears are a pair of really pretty silver earrings. Gleaming everytime she turns. Her shoes are a pair of bright pink, strappy, heels.

Where are they?! They are taking forever! Justin, put your phone down. Don't call them. They'll think I'm anxious. I can't let them know. Stop freaking out man. Have to be cool, casual, calm. Smooth. My nickname ain't Mr. Smooth for nothin. Glancing out my window, a cab pulls up and the girls get out. They're here! Sweet. Practically running to the door, I get there just as the knock takes place. Ok. Breathe. Holding my hands to my face, I check my breath. Minty fresh. Cool. Whew. Here it goes....

"Hey J. What's up?" Ok wow. He looks amazing. Baggy, blue jeans, white long sleeved shirt, sleeves pushed up, his jrt necklace which I haven't seen in forever. Brown Doc Martens, some bling on his middle finger. I suppose he wants to show off his bling when he flips people the bird. What do you think? Hiding his beautiful blue eyes are a pair of yellowish-brown sunglasses. Now why would anyone want to hide eyes like those? Kara and I look at each other and smile. This is going to be an unforgettable night. I know already.

"Hello ladies. Come on in." Eyeing both of them when they're a respectable distance behind me I can't believe how lucky of a guy I am. Beautiful. Watching, Kara and Kallie sit down next to each other on the sofa and wait. I'm not sure what to say to them. I could talk about how great they did at the show. "You girls want anything to drink?" Making my way to the coffee table, I grasp a menu and hand it to them. "Order anything you want. I'm starving too. I don't really have many things with me when I travel. It's kinda nice to stay in places where you can get room service."

Moving my feet around nervously while my eyes are fixated on the floor, I utter, "Yeah. I've never stayed in a place that has room service before." Any minute I feel like I'm going to wake up from an incredible dream. It's all too surreal. I can't believe I'm here with my best friend and the cutest guy on earth. I'm all too eager to see exactly what is going to become of this night. Hopefully for her sake Kallie will behave herself. I hope.

"So, do you both go to school?" Please let them be at least 18. Either one. Who am I kidding? Right now I'm dating Cameron Diaz. Don't know for how long though. Don't get me wrong. She's great but, there's only so much you can take of a person. We usually get along great. Lately though, it seems as if she and I are just too busy to be seen together. I need to stop thinking about them and just have some fun. Enjoy the company.

"I'm going to be a senior in high school this coming year." He's going to think I'm too young and immature to be hanging out with him. Then we'll both have to leave and be crushed because we don't get to hang out with him and it will all be my fault. Please just let us stay and hang out. This is my dream. To hang out with Justin Timberlake. Then again, who's isn't?

"That's great. Are you excited? I bet you're ready to graduate huh?" She's looks college age to me. Then again, I guess she's not that far from being college age. They're both very intriguing I would like to know more about the both of them. They're going to think I'm crazy asking them all these questions. Picking the menu up off the coffee table my eyes start to scan through the different drinks and foods. Hmm. What do I want?

"Well, I am ready to graduate. I want to get this over with and be back with Kallie again. It's gonna be hard being away from her." Leaning over I squeeze Kallie's shoulder and smile.

"You'll be fine. Don't you worry about that." I take time to glance up from the menu and flash her a smile. She'll be fine without Kallie. It may be hard at first but, she'll be just fine. I've been there before. I know how she feels. "And what about you Miss Kallie. Where are you at in school?"

"Well, I am going to be a Sophomore in college this year. It's a small college in Illinois. You've probably never heard of it." He's going to think I'm stupid because I'm going to a community college. The truth is, I really can't afford to go to a University. I have to pay for everything myself so, that's where I'm going. Please don't think anything bad about me. I couldn't bear the thought of Justin Timberlake thinking I was a loser. Then I would know for sure just how much of a loser I really am.

"That's great. Most people I know dropped out of college because they didn't want to commit." Maybe I should suprise her and pay her a visit. That would be a great idea. Maybe I will. That is, if I can find it. "That's cool. So, where are you girls from?" Wonder if they're small town girls. They sure seem like it. Every time we passed a big building or something, their eyes would widen in amazement. If you see things like that everyday, you don't look at things like they do. No way.

"We're both from small towns in Illinois."

"That's great. I should come visit you girls sometime."

"Really?" That would be soo cool if he came to visit us. Kallie looks over at me and has the same exact expression on her face. We start laughing.

I know they're both excited to think I would come visit them. Why not? It would be fun. "Yes." My cell phone begins ringing to the tune of 'Get Back' by Ludacris. The girls start singing. Smiling at them I say, "Excuse me." Getting up from the chair, I walk into the next room and begin my conversation.

"Hello?"

"Kara, I look like crap. Seriously. Why did you let me walk out of there like this?" Rushing to the bathroom, I start smoothing down my hair. Seconds later Kara is behind me doing exactly the same thing.

"K. You look great. Stop stressing. He likes you."

"Shut up." She better be kidding. I don't know what I would do if Justin Timberlake actually liked me. So, what if he does. I can't do anything about it. He has a girlfriend. Not just any girlfriend, Cameron Diaz. Like the picture of gorgeous. Duh.

"I'm serious. It's in his eyes Kal. Just watch him next time. I swear." Smoothing down my shirt I take one final look in the mirror and walk away letting Kallie think about what I have just said. I know she's freaking out now. Her hands are probably shaking and she's trying to think of what to say next to him.

Ok Kallie. Don't freak. Just be normal. You can't let him know anything. Does he really like me? How does she know that? She doesn't know. She's probably just doin it to freak me out. One last look in the mirror and I walk back into the living room and sit down on the couch.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story