Story Notes:
The third installment in The River Series.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the final installment in The River Series. The first was Skinny Dippin', the second was Want To and this will be the final one. Skinny Dippin' covers the High School years, Want To covers the college years, and Nightswimming covers the marriage years. That's just the timeline you don't have to read Skinny Dippin' or Want To to enjoy this story but I would recommend it. So....enjoy!

 

You cover your mouth, trying to suppress your giggles as you tiptoe by the living room where your children are playing with their grandparents. Your husband takes your other hand as he quietly opens the front door. You’re both trying to sneak out for your regular date night but as the children get older it gets harder and harder.

Your husband holds his finger up to his mouth in a silent gesture as he shuts the door behind ya’ll. If you didn’t think the kids would hear you, you’d laugh at how ridiculous ya’ll look sneaking out of your own house. It’s times like this that remind you of your high school years when you used to sneak out with your husband, your then boyfriend, and go out to the river.

You head towards your minivan, fully prepared to climb inside and go on your date until your husband takes your hand and pulls you towards his old truck. The same one he’s had since high school.

“Justin? Why are we takin’ your truck?” You ask as he opens your door and you climb in.

“Because we’re goin’ to the river.” He says with that sly southern grin that still makes your heart skip a beat.

He shuts your door before making his way to the driver’s side and climbing in. He still reminds you of that teenage boy you fell in love with all those years ago. You smile as you catch the photograph of the two of you on his dashboard. Gosh, you must have been sixteen in that photograph. That was so long ago, taken the day he gave you his high school ring and promised you a wedding band.

“What exactly are your plans for goin’ down to the river this late at night?” You ask with a cheeky grin as he winks at you.

“Well darlin’, maybe a little bit of nightswimming.” Is his response as his blue eyes sparkle at you and you turn into a little schoolgirl and giggle.

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night

The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago,

Turned around backwards so the windshield shows

Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse

Still, it’s so much clearer

He takes that familiar turn down that red dirt road and your stomach flutters the same way it did all those years ago.

“The moon’s low tonight.” He remarks as he parks the truck and turns it off.

“It’s so quiet out here.” You remark as you get down from the truck and make your way towards him.

You were expecting a quiet dinner at a nice restaurant, so you frown as your heels get caught in the mud. You take them off, holding them by the straps in between your fingers as your little black dress blows in the soft Tennessee breeze.

He takes off his dress shoes and socks, holding them in his other hand before lacing his fingers with yours. Ya’ll let the silence surround ya’ll as you make your way to that old beach bend. You let go of his hand and pick two honeysuckle flowers from the bushes. One for you and one for him, just like old times, tucking one behind your ear and one behind his with a shy smile.

You look up at the night sky, sighing at the mere beauty of all those stars, shining like diamonds in the sky. This is your spot, ya’lls spot. You never come here without him. You watch him as he unbuttons his dress shirt, tossing it by the water’s edge and you squeeze your thighs together.

He turns his head to look at you as he pulls his wife beater off and tosses it to the ground as well.

“You can’t go nightswimming in that pretty little dress little girl.” He says with a cocky smirk and you want so bad to flip him off but you don’t.

Instead you drop your shoes, letting them fall to the ground and stem of the honeysuckle flower in between your teeth before sliding off your black dress. You step out of the puddle of fabric at your feet and put your hand on your hip, “Looks to me like you’ve got more clothes on than me Mr. Timberlake.”

“I guess I’ll just have to change that Mrs. Timberlake.” He says as he unbuckles his slacks and pushes them down.

I forgot my shirt at the water’s edge

The moon is low tonight

You laugh as he shimmies out of his boxer-briefs, giving his ass a little shake. A few years ago you would have worried about getting caught but now that you actually own this land and this part of the river you don’t give a damn.

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night

I’m not sure all those people understand

It’s not like years ago

The fear of getting caught,

Of recklessness and water

They cannot see me naked

These things, they go away,

Replaced by everyday

You remove your bra and lace boy shorts before making your way to the water’s edge. Your nipples harden from the cool night air and you can tell September’s coming soon. Ya’ll walk to the dock hand in hand without a care in the world.

Your husband pretends to push you over the dock and you give him a shove before running down the dock and jumping into the water before him. Your hands push back your hair as you come back up only to be splashed by him as he jumps in beside you. He reaches out his arm for you as he comes back up and you swim into his embrace.

Your fingers run through his wet brown curls as you lean in and kiss him. His hands make their way to your thighs as he parts them and wraps your legs around his waist. You can feel his harden member sandwiched between your bodies as you press your body closer to him. Your breasts press against his hard chest as you cup his face in between your hands.

Your lips meet his over and over again in small pecks, teasing him just the way he likes. His hands move up our thighs, gripping your ass and giving it a squeeze before moving up your back to hold you. You wrap your arms around his shoulders as his hands caress up and down your back, causing the calm water to swirl around ya’ll.

“I love it out here.” You whisper against his lips with your eyes closed and you can feel his smile.

“I love you.” He whispers as he crashes his lips against yours and you let out a moan as his tongue slides against yours.

Nightswimming, remembering the night

September’s coming soon

I’m pining for the moon

And what if there were two

Side by side in orbit

Around the fairest sun?

That bright, tight forever drum

Could not describe nightswimming

Your fingers dig into his curls, your body pressing closer and closer against his as ya’ll continue to kiss. His hands are caressing your sides now as you hold onto him tighter trying to get some friction going between ya’ll but he holds your hips steady until you’re whining for him. His hands make their way up your sides again until they’re softly palming and caressing your breasts.

You want him and the way you’re grinding your hips against him lets him know you want him. His head falls to your shoulder as your hand snakes between ya’ll bodies and you grip him, slowly stroking your hand up and down his hard shaft.

His lips are peppering kisses along your shoulder, his breath coming in short pants as you beg him, “Justin. Baby please. I need you.”

His head raises up as he brushes a strand of hair away from your face, “You always have me baby,” he whispers as you guide him to your center.

He pierces you as he cups your neck and your head falls back in pleasure and a moan releases from your mouth as he fills you up. His hips move in conjunction with yours, pushing and pulling, stroking you in all the right places. Small whimpers escape from your mouth as your fingers dig into his short curls and move your body against his, chasing that feeling and your release.

You, I thought I knew you

You, I cannot judge

You, I thought you knew me

This one laughing quietly underneath your breath

Nightswimming

The water moves around ya’ll as his fingers dig into your thighs, his thrusts getting faster and faster as he lets out soft pants and grunts against your ear. You feel your release building and building and you start to squeal as he takes you there.

“That’s it baby. Come for daddy.” He grits out against your ear as his hand makes it way up your thigh and between your legs, pinching your clit.

You scream out his name as your whole body tightens and your toes curl as you orgasm. You can feel his hot sticky come coating your walls as you rest your head against his shoulder. Your hands smooth up and down his back as he whimpers with the last of his release and you hold onto him tight.

“I love you honey.” You whisper as he wraps his arms around you, not quite ready to pull out yet.

“I love you too Darlin’.” He says as you look up and notice his sly southern grin.

It still makes your heart jump.

The photograph reflects,

Every streetlight a reminder

You finger the photograph in your hand as you lean against him, sitting in the middle of his truck and by his side like you used too. Your left hand is laced with his as you rest your head against his shoulder.

“I love nightswimming.” You whisper as you look up at him and meet his beautiful blue eyes looking down at you.

He leans down and kisses your forehead, “Me too Darlin’. Me too.”

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night, deserves a quiet night

Chapter End Notes:
Song used is Nightswimming by R.E.M. Feedback is love.

Completed
Schnessa is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Nightswimming also liked 80 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The River Series. The previous story in the series is Want To.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story