ynk19  

Chapter nineteen

     Juliana finished putting her lipstick on as she headed for the living room where Rob and Britney awaited.

"Ready for some entertainment?" Britney asked exited. She was truly exited for Juliana. She didn't know what was coming to her. Anyone who went to an Nsync concert came out in awe of the guys. Britney knew that once Juls saw and heard Justin onstage she would realize how passionate he was.

     They arrived at the venue and headed backstage. They had half hour before the guys would go onstage. Britney pulled Juliana backstage, past security and into the dressing rooms. Hopefully the guys were done with their hackey. She knocked on the door. Two seconds later, Juls heard Justin's voice behind the door.

"Come in" he had Ginuwine blasting in the room. Joey sat with his eyes closed for a last minute nap. Lance looked intrigued by the magazine he held in his hand. And Jc sat on the couch with a brunette sitting on his lap laughing. Justin turned around to see Juls and Britney at the door. "Hey!"

"Hey guys, we are just dropping by to say hello and to wish you good luck! Not that you need it. Right Juls?"

"Yeah sure Britney, whatever you say" Juliana eyed her with an you-open-your-mouth-about-Justin-I'll-kill-you look. Britney laughed.

"Where's Chris? He has been asking me to come to the show for a long time now and I want him to know I'm here." Juls said looking outside the door.

"We all wanted you to come." Justin said not turning his face from the basketball magazine he had. Juliana wanted to run over to him and eat him up with a spoon, but contained herself.

"Thank you." she managed to say. Britney walked over to talk to Bobbie leaving Juls standing there.

"What are you doing standing there? Sit girl!"

"Thanks Lance, whatcha reading?"

"Some magazine about a Playstation game. So I can kick someone's butt" Lance said looking at Justin.

"You wish Lancey-boy. You S-U-C-K"

"Whatever, you'd be surprised next time."

"Yeah I'll be surprised if you want to play me again." at that, there was a knock on the door before it opened and Anthony, their stage manager, came in.

"One minute guys, lets go!"

     Chris suddenly appeared behind Anthony with Dani close behind. "Hey Juls, you came? Cool! Enjoy!!" he managed to say as Anthony and Lonnie dragged him towards the stage.

     Justin was the last one out of the room. "Thanks." he said facing her.

"For what?"

"For coming tonight, Ms. Moore. Will I see you at the party?"

"You're welcome and Yes you will." with that he smile and walked over to get his head set.

     Juliana turned around to find three very different sets of eyes looking at her. The same three sets of eyes  she had grown to admire and love since September. "What?"

"What was that all about? I thought you guys hated each other?"  Danielle asked.

"Ohh no, see Ms. Raabe, you have been away. It seems like Mr. Timberlake and Ms. Moore have been getting a little acquainted with each other lately." Britney said in an English accent to be funny.

"Wait, HUH? Britney? And are you okay with this?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. You guys know how much I care for J. And I truly want to see him happy. And so that's where Juls comes in."

"Hello? I'm still standing right here. Don't talk about me like I can't hear you."

"Oh give it up Juls. I've been telling you this fact since you got to Orlando. Even before we knew Britney and Justin had broken up. No offense, Brit. We all knew it was coming." Bobbie said looking at Britney then back at Juliana.

"Non-taken." Britney said.

"I'm not continuing with this conversation which is clearly about how you guys are ganging up on me. So if you don't mind I have a show to watch." Juliana walked out of the room and headed to Rob.

     The other girls made it to the door where Juls waited with Rob for the lights to go down. Rob would escort them to the VIP area the guys requested at every show.

     When the lights went down Danielle walked ahead with Bobbie then Juliana then Britney followed behind them with Rob. They went through the side of the stage carefully avoiding any wires and cables and made it to their seats. Wade was already there sitting next to a curly haired woman. As soon as Juls set eyes on her she knew who she was. Justin's mom.

"Hey sweetie you must be Juliana." she said hugging her. " I've heard a lot about you hunny."

"Hello, Mrs. Harless. Nice to meet you."

"Oh hunny it's Lynn. Please call me Lynn."

"Nice to meet you Lynn."

"Hey Ma? How are ya?" Britney said from behind Juliana.

"Hey sugar. I didn't know you were in town."

"Yeah I came with Wade and Juls. Can you believe she's been on tour and hasn't seen the show yet?"

"Really?" she said shocked. "Well there's a first time for everything." Lynn smiled at Juliana before heading to her seat again.

     They all sat together from left to right. Wade, Britney, Juls, Bobbie Danielle, and Lynn. Juls got more and more excited as the moment came closer. Britney didn't skip a beat of it. She watched Juls more than the guys themselves. She'd seen them millions of times, she could be distracted this once. Tonight was different, Juls was there and she knew that she was going to be taking her place in Justin's heart. If she hadn't already.

………………………………............................................................................................
 

     Juliana couldn't believe what was happening in front of her eyes. They were on the move like someone had shocked them with three hundred volts of electricity. She could barely keep up with them as they went from the middle to the stage to the left then to the right. Juliana was amazed to see those same five guys that were laying around half hour ago were now bouncing around. They danced as if it was an easy task. They all went backstage and came out in what seemed like their fifth wardrobe change of the night.

     They sat on stools that were now set up in the middle of the stage. Juliana noticed there were nine stools total waiting to be occupied. And at that moment four girls from the audience were making there way to the stools. Juliana felt a little jealous at the time.

     The band started playing the intro to the next song. Juliana recognized the song as being one of the songs she danced to with John the night before. She suddenly felt foolish. She had danced to this song and didn't even know who the artist was. She definitely knew now.

     Justin who was in the middle of the group spoke into the microphone. "How you feeling New York?" the crowd went wild. Juliana could barely hear herself think. "This next song we are about to do is dedicated to these beautiful ladies up here. And to all you beautiful ladies in the audience" once again the crowd went insane. He looked straight at Juliana from what seemed like miles away and smiled. " I would personally like to dedicate this song to all the  precious jewels in the universe." the audience screamed with excitement probably not knowing what the hell Justin was talking about.

     Justin began.

Would you be my girlfriend?
Would you be my girlfriend?
Would you be my girlfriend?
You know I like you right?

     Juliana was frozen in place. She couldn't believe he was doing this. But she didn't want him to stop.

Would you be my girlfriend?
I don't know why you care (Why you thinkin' bout him huh?)
He doesn't even know you're there (no no)
Cuz he don't love your eyes

     He looked at her and winked. The girls in front of her almost died.

And he don't love your smile
Girl you know that ain't fair
The middle of the night
Is he gonna be by your side?
Or will he run and hide?
You don't know cuz things ain't clear
And baby when you cry
Is he gonna stand by your side?
Does the man even know you're alive?
I got an idea

     He was now walking one of the girls off the stage before they started on the chorus.

Why don't you be my girlfriend?
I'll treat you good
I know you hear your friends when they say you should
Cuz if you were my girlfriend
I'd be your shining star
The one to show you where you are
Girl, you should be my girlfriend
Does he know what you feel ?
Are you sure that it's real (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

     Although most of her attention was on Justin. She noticed how great these guys who she had grown to adore and were all goof balls, were now another thing in her mind. Great artists.

Does he ease your mind?
Or does he break your stride?
Did you know that love could be a shield (yeah)
In the middle of the night
Is he gonna be by your side?
Or will he run and hide?
You don't know cuz things aint clear
And baby when you cry
Is he gonna stand by your side? (no no)
Does the man even know you're alive?
I got an idea

     Justin walked up as close to Juliana as he could. And started singing the part.

Ever since I saw your face
Nothing in my life has been the same
I walk around just saying your name
With out you my world would end

     Then Jc.

I searched around this whole damn place
And everything says you were meant to be
My girlfriend..
 

     Juliana couldn't breath, she felt like the whole audience was going to eat her alive. In reality every single set of eyes in the audience were set on Justin.

          Britney glanced over at Juls who couldn't keep her eyes off Justin and smiled. She reminded her so much of herself. "You okay Juls?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I mean why wouldn't I be? It wasn't my name he just said right? I just heard wrong. Yeah that's it."

"Juls just relax. You heard right. He was singing to you. You should feel special, he never did that for me." Britney turned around and smiled at Wade who was intently checking how the guys had the choreography down.

     The song ended in what seemed like a century later. They went backstage and Juliana saw was in a dream state. Justin had gotten her attention when he sang 'Gone'. She thought it was the saddest song she'd ever heard. Justin sang it and became so emotional a tear had escaped Juliana's eyes but she caught herself and stopped. What a baby, Juls. She thought and smiled to herself. How can someone sing so angelic?

     Before she knew it they were heading out through the crowd backstage. She saw the entire group jump onto their bus and headed towards the hotel before the crowd headed out.

"So what did you think? I mean besides the drooling." Britney asked when they got into the car.

"I'm going to ignore you said that. I loved the show, thank you for bringing me."

"Bringing you? Whatever Juls! You have more access to this tour than I have anymore. You have to come to one of my shows when my tour starts."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Britney."

20



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story