ynk21  

Chapter twenty-one

     Juliana sat on her bed after breakfast wondering what the day would bring. The night she arrived in New York she had managed to become friends with Britney, had lunch with her and today she would go shopping with the ex.

     Juliana couldn't stop thinking about what happened the night before at the after party. Justin had  kissed her with everyone watching. She was surprised by the openness of it all. He didn't care who was around he cared about her and he showed it. Now everyone knew. She was brought out of her thoughts by a ringing phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Juls, you coming down here today?"

"Hey Johnny. Good morning Juls. How are you Juls? Those are usually the kind of greetings people give when calling someone."

"I'm sorry sweetheart. Good morning Juls. So are you coming today? I'll have Anthony prepare something."

"Well don't go through all that trouble just for me. I have some things to do this afternoon. But I will try to stop by for a late lunch. Is that okay?"

"Sounds good. Do you have an interview or something?"

"John, you know I already have a very good job so no I don't have an interview. I'm going shopping with Britney."

"Juls? Why are you hanging out with unnecessary people?"

"What? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Look I must go. I have Melissa and Jaime running around confused, not that it's possible for those two to be more clueless. I'll see you when you have some time." Juliana heard the phone click in her ear. Something was up with John and she had a feeling she knew what it was. She thought that with her having close friends other than him, would make him a tad jealous. She was right.

     The phone rang again.

"Hello"

"So are you going to open the door or what?"

"Where are you Britney?" Juliana said with a giggle. This girl was incredibly funny. She could see why the guys enjoyed her company.

"Well I'm outside your door. The old lady next door is looking at me funny and your doorbell is obviously not working. What are you doing anyway? I've been knocking and ringing this non-functional door bell for five minutes now." the door opened and there she stood, cell phone in hand.

"Do you ever slow down?" Juls asked staring at Britney outside the door. She wore jeans this time. A long sleeve Enyce t-shirt that was tide in a knot on the back to reveal her navel and tattoo on her lower back.

"No, not when I'm in New York girl, can we go shopping now?"

"Yeah let me get my bag. Where's Rob?"

"He's in the car waiting."

     They headed out the building to meet Rob. He looked tired. Britney had him up and going at ridiculous hours.

"Doesn't he get days off Brit?"

"Believe me. He might look tired but he loves me and he loves his job. When I'm onstage he sleeps. Right Rob?"

"Too early for questions B." he said looking at her through the rear view mirror. He winked at her, he did love her. He was like her big brother. A very large big brother.

"So what are we shopping for anyway? Please don't tell me you're a shoe freak."

"Ohh, I see that you've been shopping with Bobbie." Both busted out laughing. Bobbie had a thing for shoes and both of them had experienced it first hand. "We are shopping for an outfit for the awards coming up."

"OH damn I forgot about that. Chris asked me to go with him because Dani isn't going to make it to Vegas that week."

"Oh really? Well I'm going with Justin. At least red carpet stuff." Juliana tensed up when she said that and Britney caught on.

"Hey I said I HAVE to go with Justin. No one knows we broke up and we want to keep it that way for now. If they find out we broke up they are going to be all over it. And being all over it means trouble. So don't think I'm going with Justin because either one of us wants to. I would love to bring Wade as my date but." Britney got an idea. " Hey I just thought of something."

"No way Britney! I promised Chris I would go with him."  Juls said getting out of the car.

"I haven't even said anything Juliana"

"But I know what you are going to suggest."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

"Let's see you are thinking since Wade is going by himself. And you are going with Justin that I should do red carpet with Wade and switch up after. Am I right?"

"How did you do that? Was I that obvious? Besides if you thought of that all by yourself then that means you were considering it. I mean I saw you guys last night and I'm sure you want to go everywhere with the boy now." Britney said with a smirk. "Come on Juls?"

"I promised Chris, Britney I can't. As much as I DO want to be with Justin I can't, a promise is a promise."

"We'll talk about this later. Right now is shopping time."

     Four hours later they had bought things, they knew weren't going to be worn. Britney got a jean body suit that Juliana loved. She thought Britney looked fabulous in it. Juliana ended up a pair of sparkly versace jeans, which were low cut in the back and a sexy black top. Since she was going with Chris and she didn't want to get bad press.

"So are you hungry?" Juls asked a very worn out Britney. She bought a lot and was now exhausted. Rob took their bags and put them in the trunk.

"Starving. Any suggestions?"

"Yeah I told John I would go to Jake's today. Interested?"

"Jake's? Oh yeah that's where you worked at right? Chris told me about it. They have the best pizza right?"

"Yeah they had great food. You'll see."

     Juliana walked into the restaurant feeling a little awkward. She hardly walked in the front. It all looked so different. She was always rushing around here waiting on people. And today she would be the one waited on which was incredibly strange. The time she spent in New York was a little stressful and if it weren't for Chris she would still be at Jake's waiting on the New Yorkers. Two months later here she was with a great job and a handful off new friends. She was going to have lunch with Britney Spears for god sakes.

"Oh my god its you!!!"

"Juls?" Britney responded clicking off her phone. Juliana turned around from where she stood looking through the reservation list for a good table.

"Oh my god, don't you think that was rude, Jaime?"

"What are..." Jaime stuttered looking back and forth between Juls and Britney. "You doing here?"

"Excuse me. I'm sorry but I don't think that a waitress should ask a customer that. Besides I'm here with her. Now if you would be so kind as to show us to a table I would really consider not informing your manager of your rudeness." Britney said sweetly. Which pissed Jaime off. Jaime and Melissa detested Britney, of course because of her relationship with THEIR Justin. Whom they'd never met. If they only knew.

"Two? Smocking or non-smoking?"

"Yeah sure smoking Jaime, we want to smell like old cartons of cigarettes."

"Oh whatever Juliana follow me." Jaime said heading for the V.I.P. section of the restaurant.

"Wow this girl is a piece of work, Juls. Why does she hate you anyway?"

"Me? She loves me compared to how she feels about you."

"Me? Why? Ohh never mind I think I know. She's an Nsync fan isn't she?"

"You got it." she said taking her jacket off.

"Well lets just have some fun with this then."

"Britney don't."

"Hey Jaime right? Well can you bring three more settings? My boyfriend will be here shortly." Jaime's eyes widened in excitement. And so did Juliana's. Jaime walked over to the bar where Melissa was waiting.

"Why did you tell her that?"

"What do you mean? I didn't lie."

"He's not coming. You got those girls hopes up. That was so wrong, funny but so wrong."

"You mean I got your hopes up, don't you? I called Wade when you were looking through those papers at the door. They are coming to have lunch with us."

"They?" Juliana questioned. Britney just looked at her and smiled.

"They, meaning Chris, Wade and Mr. Timberlake himself."

"You didn't? Please tell me you are lying. Please?"

"Relax Juls. He wanted to come once I mentioned I was with you. They have to leave as soon as we are done eating though. They have a radio show before their show tonight."

"I don't know what to do with you, Britney"

"Just trust me."

"So tell me Britney. What's up with you and Wade?"

     Britney blushed which made Juliana smile. Britney acted like a twelve year old when her Wade was mentioned.

"Well I don't know yet, but we are really close. He challenges me and I love that. Plus he can really move those hips." Britney said with a giggle. Juliana started to laugh.

     Justin walked in the V.I.P room followed by Wade and Chris. There she was laughing at something Britney had said. He looked at them and couldn't help but smile. His ex girlfriend slash best friend enjoying a laugh with the girl of his dreams. It couldn't get better than this. He thought.

     Britney looked up and saw the three guys being mobbed and drooled over by Jaime and Melissa.

"There they are." Britney said getting up and heading towards them.

"Britney don't do anything crazy girl!"  Juliana watched as she went up behind the two girls while the guys gave her a Help-me Look.

"Hi" Jaime and Melissa turned to face her and then looked at Justin for a response. But were shocked to hear someone else answer.

"Hi B, how was your day? Wade said embracing her and kissing her forehead.

     The two girls looked back and forth. Justin gave them an annoyed look. "Wait, aren't you two?" Melissa said pointing at Britney and then back at Justin.

"You shouldn't believe everything you hear, Marissa."  He said not remembering her name "my place is over there." he pointed at Juliana now looking at them. That's all the girls needed to hear to shut them up.

     Juliana saw Justin pointing and wondered what he had said to the idiots. She didn't miss how Jaime and Melissa's jaws dropped so she had an idea what he must of said.

"What did you say to those idiots?" Juliana asked no one in particular.

"I didn't do anything. I let Wade and Timba take care of that one. They did alright I'm impressed." Chris sat next to Juliana in the booth. Justin sat next to Chris. Across from them were Britney and Wade.

"So? What did you beautiful ladies do today?" Justin asked looking at Juliana.

"That's girl business bud. Back off. What were you guys up to?" Britney said looking at Wade.

"That's guy business. So back off!" Justin said laughing.

"We did a little shopping. Well I did little shopping. Britney bought Versace out." Juliana said taking a sip of her coke.

     They had a great lunch. Juliana didn't say much. She watched the other four people interact. They were so alike. She knew that bonds like this couldn't be broken. They were too close for anything to bring them apart. Justin stopped to look at Juliana once in a while before continuing in his conversation. Justin didn't mean to be rude, but the truth was he still wasn't comfortable sitting across his ex and his friend. Who were now together. He did what he did best. He talked about sports, which surprisingly Britney was very much into.

"Are you coming to the show tonight?" Justin asked Juliana as they walked out of the restaurant.

"I'm sorry I can tonight. But I'll be on the bus ready to go to Pittsburgh." Juliana said looking up at him "I promised John I would go out with him tonight."

"J?" Justin cupped her face "I know I asked you this before or at least you told me but he's just a friend right?"

"Justin? Why do you feel so threatened by him?"

"Juls I don't feel threatened by anyone because I know you feel the same way I feel about you. I just don't like the way he looks at you, Is all"

"An how's that?"

"He looks at you like..." Justin tried to look away as he blushed "like I look at you and it worries me."

"Justin, he's just a friend. And no matter how anyone looks at me. No one will ever look at me the way you look at me. John does have feelings for me but he knows that's as far as it's going to get."

"Have you told him about me?"

"Not yet. But I'm sure he knows. He knows me too well. He's not stupid I know he's upset which is why he didn't come to our table in there. I will tell him tonight I promise."

"I would feel a lot better Juls. I feel a little guilty. Like I've stolen his candy or something." Justin gave a little laugh. He cupped her face once again and kissed her softly on her nose then her lips. "I'll see you later tonight. You better be on that bus, Ms. Moore."

"Justin stop calling me that."

"See ya J." Justin said as he got into the S.U.V. and went into the New York traffic.

22




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story