ynk32  

Chapter thirty-two
 

     Juliana looked at her as if she was looking at herself in the mirror. What was going on? She asked herself. The woman standing in front of her next, to her friend wasn't the same woman she had known once. Juliana looked at her friend and gave him a strange look. He in return just looked at her and smiled. He knew Juliana would have a mouth full of no-good things to say about his girlfriend.

"Hi, Johnny." Juliana finally said hugging her friend in the middle of the crowded airport.

"Hi sweetie. I'm really happy to see you." his girlfriend rolled her eyes at his comment. She looked at Juliana and gave her a fake smile. "you remember Amanda, right?"

"Well, how can I forget. Hello Amanda."

"Hello Julie." she said

"Juliana, Is the name sweetie." Juliana said full of sarcasm, she never liked her and Johnny knew it. Why he had decided to bring her to pick her up was beyond her. He would definitely hear about it though, no doubt about that.

"Ready? Do you have more bags Juls?" Johnny asked breaking the tension between the two women for a split second.
 

"No. Let's go I only brought this carry on and the duffel bag." she handed Johnny the heaviest of the two and headed behind the couple to the exit.
 

     After a quick bite at Jake's, Johnny took Juls to her hotel. He had insisted she stay at his place but by noticing Amanda's expression when he asked her. She'd rather not. Although she would love nothing more than to piss the girl off but Juls knew that probably wasn't going to do well as far as Justin went. She also wanted to be in her hotel room so she could lay in bed and talk to Justin freely all night. She had taken him to the airport the day before and they were now at two opposite sides of the country.

     Juliana was saddened by the thought of spending their first valentine's day apart but I guess it came with the territory of having careers.
 

    It was Wednesday morning and Juliana got ready to head to the Fumanskeeto photo shoot for the rest of the day. She got all her things together and headed out to the cab she had called earlier.

     An hour later Juliana walked out of the studio a bit tired. Her cell phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hi baby. I miss you."

"Hi J, I miss you too. But I talked to you half hour ago. The photographer was giving me attitude because of you. You know that?" Juliana giggled as he laughed on the other end.

"So what are you up to now?"

"Well I'm going to my room and then John invited me to The Klub." silence.

"Are you going? With him?"

"J? Don't do that. He's my friend and I haven't spent time with him for a long while. Just for a little while?"

"You don't have to feel like you have to ask me permission Juls. Its alright I understand. And even though it kills me I have to admit NOW that I feel a little threatened by him just a little bit."

"J, you don't have to feel that way. I love you and he is just a FRIEND." she pronounce the last words so he would get the point.

"Alright baby. I'll calL you tonight okay?"

"Alright well not if I call you first." Juliana laughed and clicked the phone off.

******************

"Hey Johnny I wanted to ask you earlier but I was inconvenienced at the time," Juliana grabbed her coat as she headed out of her hotel room into the hallway where John waited. "What the hell is up with your girl?"

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is, don't you see a bit of resemblance?"

"Between who?"

"Me. Johnny. Me. What's with the dark hair? Last time I saw her she had blond hair. Why the change?"

"I don't Know I thought it was weird at first too but I just went with it. Besides I always liked your hair." he said with a chuckle.

"That's not funny Johnny. That's like 'single white female' or something. She couldn't go red or brown she had to go the same as mine? That's just creepy. Yuck!" Juliana said looking at her friend. They made it out to the car where Amanda waited impatiently. She was like white on rice when it came to John and she felt threatened by Juliana. They headed to the club and Juliana headed to the bar for a drink. Amanda and John danced all night basically and Juliana mingled with some people she didn't consider friends but that she knew from coming to the club so often. After a few hours Amanda seemed to have had four too many drinks so they headed back to the hotel. Amanda got sick in the car and Juliana for once felt bad for her. Just for one slight milli-second. All three headed to Juliana's suite.

"For god sakes! Walk!" Juliana said from the other side of Amanda's shoulder.

"Take it easy Juls. She can't really walk right now." he grabbed Amanda's waist and picked her up. Getting his own clothes soaked with throw-up from the Juls wanna-be. He sat her down on the sofa while he went to the bathroom. He took his shirt off and threw it on the floor. Juliana rolled her eyes. Men!

"Amanda. Do you want to change clothes?" Juliana asked kneeling in front of her.

"Why are you being nice now?"

"What? Look, we both know we don't like each other and honestly Johnny can do better. But you are his choice and I'll live with that."

"Gee thanks." Amanda said before burping in Juls face.

"I'm going to ignore that you just did that. Come on, I'll lend you some clothes. You guys can stay in my room."

"Oh god I'm dizzy."

"Ain't that the truth." Juliana whispered under her breath. As they made their way into the bedroom.

     After looking through some of her shirts Juliana picked out the North Carolina T-shirt she wore to sleep. She smiled as she remembered how much Justin liked the shirt. She gave her a pair of shorts and walked her back to the living room. John came out of the shower feeling a little better himself and sat on the sofa.

"You guys can stay in my room. You shouldn't be driving anyway." Juliana offered.

"Thanks Juls. Where are you going to sleep?"

"I'll stay here on the couch. I'm gonna head out to the all night café downstairs. Go to bed guys." Juliana grabbed her key card and left the two alone.

     It was four in the morning when Juliana headed upstairs after about four cups of coffee and some muffins. She was pigging out. She figured she wouldn't have to be cute for valentine's day. She was depressed, she wanted to be with her boyfriend and he wasn't there with her. She was angry at the moment but she was always comforted by the fact that she knew he loved her and valentine's day was just another day. She headed to the suite in a desperate need of a shower.
 

     She walked into the suite and found that Johnny and Amanda where in her room doing God knows what. Luckily her bag was right outside the door and she tried to block out the sexual noises coming from her room. Her bed. Yuck! She thought. She grabbed her cd out of her bag a put it on replay in the bathroom cd player. She relaxed her body in the tub and closed her eyes. It wasn't long before she dozed out.
 

**************************

     He walked into the hotel lobby and was greeted by the bell boy. "Hello Mr. Timberlake. May I help you?"

"Yeah I need a key to a room."

"Sure sir. What room would you like?"

"I don't need a room for me. I need a room key for Ms. Moore's room."

"Oh, is she expecting you?"

"If she was I wouldn't need a key. Would I?" Justin said. He wasn't trying to be rude. He wanted to see her already. He couldn't wait until the nine am flight and had caught an eleven o'clock flight out of California. "Look I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude. She's my girlfriend and I'm trying to surprise her for Valentine's day."

"I understand Mr. Timberlake. She is in room 1015 and I will make you a key in one sec."
After about five minutes the key was made and handed to Justin.

"Thank you." he handed him a fifty and walked towards the elevator. His smile turned into a grin and he held the small box in his hand. He couldn't believe he was going to do it. But he didn't have a doubt in his mind that she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his days with her. It was four thirty in the morning and so he quietly walked down the corridor to her suite.

     He slid the key in and walked in. When put his bag down when he heard the cd player going and a smile crept up on his lips. His smile came to an abrupt blank stance. He cleared his head and tried blocking the music. He wasn't hearing things, he heard her moan in pleasure and a man's as well. Was he in the right room? He asked himself hoping for the best. He switch the light on and saw something he just couldn't or wouldn't comprehend. Her north Carolina shirt on the floor laying next to a mans sweater. He slowly walked past the cracked bathroom door where the music was coming from and headed towards the voices. His heart ached as he looked inside the door.

     He could only see her hair and a man's figure on top of her. Parts on her hair stuck out from under the covers and Justin felt extremely sick to his stomach. Juliana? He tried saying but all that came out were silent words and tears streamed down his cheeks. He couldn't stand it anymore. He ran out of the suite slamming the door behind him.

     Juliana awoke by the loud thug of the door. She went to the cd player and turned it off. Before grabbing her towel and wrapping it around herself. She walked out into the living room cautiously and saw that the light was on. She didn't remember having turned the light on. She was scared. She went to the bedroom door and knocked. After a few attempts to stop what the couple was doing Johnny answered.

"Come in."

"Johnny, I think someone was in here."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I was taking a bath and I heard the door slam."

"I heard it too." Amanda said from under the cover.

"See, even she heard it. Go check John. I'm scared." Juliana said sitting on the chair next to the bed.

     John checked the whole place. Closets and the door again. Nothing. He calmed Juliana down and left a while later. Juliana was left alone in her suite once again. She dialed Justin's number. She needed to talk to him. Hear his voice. She got nothing. He wasn't answering. It was early and she wasn't going to call Jc just yet.

     His phone kept ringing as he waited at the airport for his flight home. He wanted to get away. He didn't understand how he could hurt that bad without being physically wounded. But he was wounded, his heart was shattered. How could she do this to me? He asked himself. He was out of tears. He couldn't cry any longer. Tears were replaced by heart-felt anger. He had walked out of the hotel to find John's car parked next to his. Something he hadn't noticed when he had arrived. His phone rang again. It was her. The caller id said so. He took his cell phone and threw it across the room and completely smashed into microscopic piece as it hit the wall full force. The old man sitting a few seats away from him jump up, startled. Justin didn't even think of apologizing. He wasn't the one who had caused himself all the pain he felt at that moment. The pain he was sure wasn't going to go away anytime soon. How could he have fallen so deeply in such a short amount of time? Maybe it was his fault. Maybe he was the sucker. He hated her. He hated her for making him hurt so bad.
 
 

33



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story