ynk39  
Chapter thirty-nine

Tour bus
June 30th 2002

"Will you just tell me where she is?" Justin said over his cell phone.

"I tried calling everyday since I talked to you man! She won't return my calls. She's not in Paris anymore. I really don't know where she is." John said honestly. He called and called and got nothing. The lady he spoke to said she left for a new job. And so that's all he knew.

"Damnit. Look I have to go but please let me know if you hear from her."

"I will man. I'm just as worried as you are. Try calling Mrs. Moore again. She really won't say much to me since she only met me once."

"I will. Thanks John. And I'm still really sorry about your nose." Justin said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, forget about it. Just find her, Justin. I'm sure she's fine or we would of heard otherwise."

" I know.I'm trying. I'll talk to you soon." Justin flipped his phone off and headed to the back of the bus where Melinda and the guys waited for him.

"Are you alright now?" Melinda asked annoyed. She had stopped her meeting so Justin could make his phone call. "Can I continue with the schedule now?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Go ahead."

"Wait Melinda. Anything J?" Jc asked his friend.

"No. Man. John says she's not in Paris anymore. She won't return his calls so I'm back on phase one."

"Where could she be? Damnit!" Joey grunted. He was getting really tired of looking for someone who didn't want to be found. They had all been busy calling every modeling agency in the country and all they got was that the information was confidential. Everyone but Justin had talked to Juliana's parents. He was too embarrassed to talk to her mother. He promised to talk care of their daughter and instead he drove her out of the country.

"Guys? Please? I miss seeing her pretty little face around here too but you guys have schedules to keep." Melinda said waving a folder full of papers in the air.

"Alright, sorry go ahead." Lance said looking at their assistant.

"Alright you guys have two days off, at home. July third, you guys are flying to Australia."

"Australia? For what?" Jc questioned.

"You guys are booked for an appearance at the MTV Europe awards."

"In Australia?"

"Yeah they want to do a taping of a skit in Australia to show at the awards in August. While in Australia you will spend the fourth of July off. Then you have a performance at the fashion awards on the sixth. Wade is flying down for that. You come back on the eighth to Miami where you'll have your last show and the rest of the summer is all yours." Melinda said in one breath. She looked up and saw all the guys writing everything down. They were always professional. Melinda knew she could hit them with crazy schedules like that and they handled it. "When we get back you can all go back to your hunting. And I will be happy to lend a hand. Only then. Right now I'm going to bed." She got up and kissed Justin on the cheek. "We'll find her sweetie." she left the room.

*****************************************

"So that is all then."  The lady said handing Juls her schedule for the coming week.

"Thank you Maria. I'll see you around." Juliana said with a smile.

     She had been in Sydney for two weeks and she loved it. She thought it was even more beautiful than Paris. She had just gotten a call from D&G about appearing at a fashion ceremony and she was exited. She headed to her hotel to call her mother with the good news. Her parents were the only people she kept in contact with back home. She was slowly recuperating from all the hurt that lingered inside her.

     She went into her hotel room and immediately dialed her mother's number. The only thing she didn't particularly like about being across seas was that she had to dial a million numbers to call someone. She finished dialing and heard the phone ring. Her mother picked it up after the fifth ring.

"Hi mom. Did I wake you or something?"

"Oh no sweetie. I was just on the other line. How are you? I miss you sweetie."

"I'm really good mom. I have to tell you something."

"Is everything alright?" Mrs. Moore asked worried.

"Oh no, mom, it's good news. Are you done on the other line?" there was silence on the other end of the phone "Mom? U there?"

"Umm it's Justin." her mother said.

"Huh? Justin? Where?" Juls asked hoping she heard wrong.

"Justin is on the other line."

"What does he want?" Juliana asked with an angry tone. She didn't really want to hear his name. She wanted to block him out for a while until she was ready to deal with it.

"He just wants to know that you are okay? And where you are?"

"Too bad mom. Do not tell him.," she groaned "Look I'll call you later." she slammed the phone down in anger and headed to the bathroom.

************************************************

"That was Juliana on the other line Justin."

"Did you tell her it was me?" Justin asked hoping for a good answer.

"Yes I did. She seemed upset. I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry. I respect my daughter's wishes."

"I love her, Mrs. Moore." Justin said with a distressed tone.

"I know you do honey. But you have to give her some time. I know my daughter and she's stubborn. But I also know she'll come around. You made and mistake and we all commit them. You lost her trust. Now all you have to do is trust HER. She loves you."

"Thank you for listening to me Mrs. Moore. I'm really sorry things happened this way. And that they happened at all."

"Don't apologize to me Justin. When the time comes, apologize to her. I'll see you around Justin. I'm sure of it."

"Thank you, Mrs. Moore."

"Good day, Justin."

************************************

"What did she say sweetie?" Lynn asked her son. He looked terrible. She knew he wasn't getting any sleep. His eyes were puffy and she was worried about him.

"She called." Justin said throwing himself face down on his bed.

"Who called, Justin?"

"Juls, she was on the other line. She hates me and I don't blame her mom."  He mumbled into his mattress.

"Justin you are my son and I love you with all my heart. But.." she sat on the bed and played with his barely there hair. "You asked for it. One thing a woman lives on is TRUST. You didn't trust her. And I can see why she doesn't really like you too much right now. But that doesn't really mean you don't deserve another chance."

"Thanks mom." he lifted his head up and kissed her hand. "Can I be alone?"

"Not a chance, baby." she patted his head like you would a puppy. "You need some food. Come downstairs and I'll make you something." she got up and headed towards the door.

"But ma.." Justin whined.

"Get up! You are sulking. Timberlake's don't sulk."

"This one does." Justin said putting a pillow over his face.

"Get downstairs in five minutes. Don't make me come back up here." Lynn said in a motherly tone.

"Five minutes." Justin agreed. The last thing he wanted to do was piss his mother off. She was his best friend but he didn't mess with the motherly side of her.

*****************************************

July 3rd 2002

"Walk over to the crowd, smile and sign a couple autographs. Then simply walk away."  The director said into the bullhorn.

     The guys were all exhausted from their long flight. Now they had to take directions from some Australian director who seemed a bit rude. They shot the same thing over and over again. The skit was pretty much the same thing they did during 'Celebrity' on tour. They were tired and wanted to go to their hotel rooms and sleep. They were spending the fourth of July in Sydney so they wanted to have plenty of energy for it. Melinda made arrangements for them to spend their day at a theme park. Joey was exited about it. The rest of the guys were just so tired all they wanted to sleep. Justin wasn't feeling too well. He was running a fever but managed to get through the yelling of the director.

"Are you alright J?" Lance asked concerned. Justin didn't look too good. He was fine when they left Orlando.

"Yeah. I'm all right. I think I might have a fever but I took some medicine and I'll be fine. I'm beat."

"Yeah, same here. How did you manage a room to yourself again?"

"Aww you jealous, Lance?"

"No, but you had your own room last time."

"Give me a break Lance. You know I'm cuter and Melinda likes me the most." Justin joked. He laughed as Lance pretended to be hurt.

"Oh, Mr. Jokester is back huh?" all of the guys missed seeing the old Justin. He would sit around and join whatever stupid conversation they were having but he wasn't the same. Justin would spend all day without a smile on his face. He wouldn't even smile at the shows. He sang the songs and almost expressed no emotions. It was like he was empty.

"Not really. I'm just tired and I want to go bed. Which is in MY room." Justin said putting emphasis on the fact that it was his room.

****************************************

"I wish I was over there too." Bobbie said to Jc over the phone. Bobbie decided to skip on the trip to Australia and go to New York. She had been on tour with the guys the whole second leg. She was exhausted.

"Well I know it's early over there, but it's midnight here and I need to catch some z's. I'll call you tomorrow, okay? I love you"

"Yeah okay, Bye Josh."

*********************************************

     Justin paced his room unable to sleep. His head was pounding. His fever had gone away but he still couldn't sleep. Because of the pounding going on in his head. Mainly he was just preoccupied. He was farther from home. He couldn't call people to try to find her from Australia. He didn't want to be in Australia. He wanted to be home. He wanted to be back on February fourteenth all over again. He wanted to make things different. He sat on the bed and looked at his suitcase. He reached over and pulled it so it was flat on the floor in front of him. He reached inside and pulled out a small box.

"Juls, I'm sorry." he whispered to himself as he looked at the diamond shining back at him. He looked down on his hand and rubbed the ring she had given him. He laid down and snuggled a pillow close to him. He placed the small box on top. Soon after he was asleep.

********************************************

"Alright boys, that's you schedule for tomorrow. Now if you don't mind I'm going shopping. You go do whatever you want."

"Well, thanks mommy." Chris teased Melinda.

     All seven guys sat at the table finishing up their breakfast. Joey, Chris and Trace decided they would go to the theme park. Jc wanted to check out the Jive building in Sydney so he was exited about it. Lance and Wade wanted to go out to an animated fun house. Supposable it took three hours to go through it. They were up for the challenge. Lonnie bet them it would take them longer than three hours. Justin wanted to get some gifts for his little brothers. They all finished their food and went their separate ways. They decided they wouldn't need security so Lonnie went with Lance. Wade and Mike stayed in the hotel.

****************************************

     Juliana walked out of her room and decided on going to get something to eat. She pressed the elevator button and waited. She had a couple of hours before she had to get fitted for the clothing she would wear at the fashion ceremony.

     Justin tried balancing the bags with both hands and used his elbow to press the elevator button. The elevator doors opened and he stepped inside. The door closed in front of him and the elevator started moving.

     Juliana saw that both elevators were coming. She waited. One was coming up so she stepped in front of it. But then she realized she would have to go up and then go down. This is what happens when you sleep too much. she said to herself with a giggle. She turned to the side and moved in front of the other elevator. Both doors opened at the same time and Juliana laughed a little and stepped in the elevator.

    Justin stepped out of the elevator and stood there for a few seconds before heading to his room.

"You're hearing things J." he mumbled to himself. Before he stepped off the elevator he thought he heard laughter. Laughter that sounded a lot like Juliana's. He brushed it off as being his imagination. He missed her soo much that he was starting to hear things.

     Juliana finished her lunch and headed out to the lobby. She saw about ten girls hanging out in the sitting area. She thought that was a little strange. She then figured they were parts of the girls from  the cheerleading competitions, she heard someone in the dining area mentioned. She had seen a couple of girls in uniform the day before. She looked at the girl. They looked like they were waiting for something, someone. They all had cameras in their hands. Juliana walked past them. One of the girl looked at her. Juliana smiled back.

"Hey, aren't you Juliana?" the girl asked. Juliana was a little panicked at first but she had been recognized quite a while after the vogue cover.

"Yes I am." Juliana gave her a nervous smile.

"It's really nice to meet you." the other blond girl said. "We have all the magazines you've been on"

"Wow, well thank you very much. You guys are sweet."

"You are even prettier in person." the brunette said in a strong Australian accent.

"Thank you." Juliana didn't know what to say she was a bit overwhelmed. "Are you guys here for the cheerleading competitions?"

"Yeah some of us are." the American girl said smiling.

"We really admire you." the Australian girl said with a grin. "I even bought your Fuman shirt."

     Juliana's heart stopped. These girls didn't know her because she was a model. They knew who she was because of who she was dating. Or dated. She suddenly felt highly uncomfortable. "I really have to get going ladies." she gave them a fake unsure smile. "Nice meeting you guys."

"Can you sign my t-shirt before you leave?" the Australian girl said opening up her jacket to reveal her baby blue top. The shirt was a long dark hair female Fuman dressed in pink. It read `Lady FuMoore'

     Juliana looked at the t-shirt and her heart ached. Chris, what are you doing? she asked herself. "Umm, sure." the girl handed her a black marker and signed her shirt across the shoulder.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Bye girls!!" Juliana walked out of the hotel and headed to the office where her fitting would take place. She was early but a couple more minutes with the teens she would have broken down. She hadn't cried in over a month. That was an accomplishment all on its own. She was happy. Now if only she could convinced her heart of that.
 


40



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story