ynk40  

Chapter forty

     Joey, Chris and Trace walked into the lobby to suddenly become blind. About ten cameras went off inches from their faces.

"Whoa, calm down ladies." Joey said trying to walk passed them.

"Can we get a picture?" the girl asked in a hopeful voice.

"Yeah sure." Chris answered. "But you guys have to stop yelling. Deal?"

"Deal." All the girls said in unison.

     After about five minutes of taking pictures with all three guys. The Australian girl, who seemed like the leader of the pack went up to Chris.

"Chris can you sign my t-shirt too?" she pulled her jacket off. Chris smiled when he saw `Lady FuMoore' across the front.

"Sure, did the other guys sign it yet?"

"No, just Juliana. Do you think Lance, Justin and JC will sign it too?" Chris froze as he heard the girl. He asked her again just to make sure he wasn't hearing things.

"Who signed your shirt?"

"Juliana. See?" she turned to her side and sure enough. Her signature decorated her right shoulder.

"When did you get that?" Chris asked in shock. The girl looked at him funny.

"A couple of hours ago. Why?"

"Oh nothing that was very nice of her. Did she leave the hotel?" Chris wanted to cover all the bases.

"Umm, yeah she left."

"Well it was nice talking to you ladies, but we have to go. Joe. Trace, let's go." the other two guys that were involved in a conversation with two of the American girls gave him a strange look. "Let's go! Now!" Chris said with his eyes wide open.

     Trace and Joey got the hint that something was up. They said their goodbyes and signed their last autographs. They headed to the elevator where Chris awaited.

"You guys aren't going to believe what I just found out?" Chris said almost jumping up and down as the elevator went up.

"What?" Trace asked curiously.

"I can't say yet! I need to tell someone else first."

"Will you just tell us!" Joey said a little anxious and annoyed.

"Wait your turn man!"

     They stepped off the elevator and bumped into Wade and Lance. They had been smart enough to take the service elevators up to their floor.

"Whoa, where are you rushing to?" Wade asked when Chris almost knocked him over.

"He has some kind of news and he won't spill it. Its highly aggravating." Trace said going around them. "I'm going to my room."

"Where's Jc?" Chris asked.

"I don't know we just got here ourselves." Just as Lance said those words, Jc stepped off the service elevator at the end of the hall. "Well, there he is."

"What? What did I do?" Jc asked walking towards his five friends.

"Nothing. We need to go to Justin's room." Chris said when Jc stood in front of him.

"For what?" Jc asked. He actually wanted to sleep a while and call Bobbie.

"I have to tell him something." Chris smiled. "Important."

"This looks like Nsync business so I'm heading to my room. I'll talk to you guys later." Wade said as he walked down the hallway and into his room.

"Come on, let's go." They all headed towards the opposite end of the hallway to Justin's room. Chris knocked on the door and no answer

"He's probably not back yet!" Joey said walking down towards his room. Just then the door opened. The room was dark and music faintly lingered throughout the room. Justin slowly made his way back to his bed. The headache was killing him. "What is it guys?" he asked from under the covers.

"Can I turn on the lights? Geez Justin, what are you a vampire?"

"No don't," Justin mumbled back. He knew the lights were only going to make the headache worse. "I'm trying to get rid of this headache."

"Well it's not going to go away with darkness. Did you take medicine?" Chris asked with a small laugh.

"Justin, have you been here all day?" Lance asked a little concerned. Justin didn't say anything. The guys all looked at each other and back towards the darkness.

"J?" Jc questioned. Justin was now snoring. He passed out right there in seconds. Melinda gave him some medicine and it was obviously working.

"Ooookay, that was fun!" Joey said laughing. "whatever you have to tell him is going to have to wait Chris."

"Doesn't mean I can't tell you guys." Chris walked out of the room into the hallway. "Come on let's go to my room."

"Hrmm." Lance cleared his throat. "Our our?"

"Are you still hung up on not having your own room?" Jc asked Lance who pouted.

"Whatever"

     They went into the room and Chris started babbling. "So guess who is here?"

"Ahh man. No guessing games Chris." Jc grunted. Chris always made a big deal of things and in the long run ended up being some stupid thing he would come up with when he got bored.

"Guess?"

"I don't know, umm Dani?" Lance tried.

"Bobbie?" Jc wished.

"Why would I want to tell Justin, Bobbie or Dani were here? Think about it." Chris said looking at his friends.

"No way!" Lance said getting up.

"No way what?" Joey asked confused. "Ohh wait, are you serious?" Joey said looking at Chris in shock.

"Chris? This isn't funny!" Jc said trying to get Chris to say it was all a big joke. A sick big joke. They had been looking for this girl for weeks. No way would she just show up. It was too easy.

"C, listen to me. Look at me. Would I joke about something this important?" Chris said now with a serious face. "I mean yeah I would but seriously, dude!"

"Oh my God! Did you see her?"

"No, but when we came in, the girls downstairs wanted pictures. So we took some. A cute Australian girl had a Juliana Fuman shirt on. She asked me to sign it."

"Yeah so? How does that mean Juliana is here?"

"Will you let me finish Joe. She asked me to sign it too."

"Too. What do you mean who signed it before you?" Jc asked baffled. "Ohh, Juls signed her t-shirt?"

"Bingo. The girl said Juliana had left the hotel a couple of hours ago."

"So she's not only in Australia, but she is here, in this hotel. What are the chances of that ever happening? Like ever?" Lance analyzed.

"Wow that's, I don't know what that is." Jc said in astonishment.

"Destiny?" Chris added. Jc laughed at how cheesy Chris was.

"So what room is she in?"

"I don't know Joe. This just happened remember?"

"Well why don't we go find out then?" Joey got up and walked out the door. The other three men followed.

     After asking at the front desk for Juliana's room number the guys looked at each other and busted out laughing. The front desk clerk reconcidered being a fan. They couldn't believe what was happening. Juliana's room was located right next to Justin's. How they hadn't run into each other was unbelievable. All three guys headed back upstairs and they all made a pact to keep the news to themselves until they had a chance to talk to Juls first. Justin wasn't feeling well and putting more weight on his shoulders would be the wrong choice when they had a performance coming up. Although they each wanted to run to Justin and tell him she was right next door they couldn't. They had to talk to her first for their own selfish reasons.

     It was almost nine o'clock when Juliana stepped off the elevator and headed towards her room. She slowly walked down the hallway. She stopped in her tracks when she heard a familiar sound coming out of the door next to hers. She smiled without thinking. She took a few steps and opened her door. Once inside she walked over to the wall and leaned against it.

My whole life has changed
Since you came in
I knew back then
You were that special one
I'm so in love
So deep in love
You make my life complete

     She wondered who was listening to that song. It played over and over again until Juls was sound asleep on the floor.
 

********************************************

"Good morning fellas!" Wade said to the non-energetic bunch.

"What's so good about it?" Chris complained.

"What happened to the happy ready to go Chris from last night?" Wade said with a chuckle.

"He stayed up watching movies. He's tired.' Chris said speaking of himself.

"And the rest of you?" Wade asked the other four.

"Chris"

"Chris"

"Chris. We stayed up with Chris." Jc finally explained the one word answers.

"Ooookay, weirdoes! How about you J? What's wrong with you this morning?"

"Other than the fact that I can't feel my arms or my legs, and my head wants to explode. I'm just dandy." Justin said with a weak smile.

"Can you dance?" Wade asked a little worried.

"I'll try man but I can't guarantee anything." Justin said setting his bag down.

     An hour later Wade turned his back to the mirror and faced Justin. "For the first time since I've known you. I am finally going to have the chance to say. You suck Justin! I can't afford to have you onstage looking like that!"

"I know man. I'm sorry." he threw himself on the ground. "that medicine Melinda gave me is making me weak. I want to die."

"Do you want to go to the doctor, J?" Lance asked concerned once again.

"Nahh its just the headache that's really killing me. I'm fine."

"You sure?" Jc asked kneeling down next to Justin. Justin and dancing went hand in hand. He was definitely not feeling well.

"Justin, how's your voice?" Wade asked with an idea on his mind.

"It's good, why?"

"Well I think there's a change in plans. I'll be right back." Wade walked out of the room and left the guys resting a bit.

     Wade came back about half hour later with some refreshing news for Justin. "Alright J, you owe me big for this."

"What?"

"You guys are now performing 'Gone'. Sitting." Wade looked at Justin when he said the words. "instead of Celebrity like I planned."

"How did you manage that?" Jc asked inquisitively.

"Just call me the MAN!" Wade said puffing up his chest and then laughing.

"So wait. We don't have to rehearse then?" Chris asked almost jumping for joy.

"Nope, you guys can go."

"Thank you thank you thank you." Chris chanted.

"Don't thank me. Thank dead man walking over here. And weren't you practically crawling through the rehearsal half an hour ago?"

"Me? No way. I'm all energy." Chris said leaving the room.

"Can someone carry me upstairs?" Justin begged.

"In your dreams bud." Lance said walking out. The others followed laughing. They knew who would do such a thing so they left.

"Lonnie!" Justin yelled to the man outside the door. "Please?"

"Ohh you are one sorry ass super star." Lonnie said picking him up over his shoulder.

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I don't pay you for those."

"Yeah exactly. You don't pay me to carry you around either." Lonnie said already making his way down the hallway.

"Whatever man!" Justin closed his eyes as he was carried with his head hanging down Lonnie's massive back.

     At that moment Juliana walked out of the small private breakfast room she had found. She saw a large man walking towards her. A man who was all too familiar. On his shoulder was another man's back side. One she would recognize a mile away. The large man's eyes widened as he recognized her. Juliana froze. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She didn't need an encounter with Justin right then or ever she thought. She put her index finger over her lips so Lonnie would get the hint and not say a word. Or worse stop walking. Lonnie's pace didn't slow down. He kept walking passed her. Juliana held her breath as he walked by inches from her. She couldn't help but smile when Lonnie gave her a wink. When he passed her she looked at Justin. His eyes were closed and he looked tired. Which was obviously why Lonnie was carrying him. Juliana felt trapped all of a sudden. They were headed the way she had to go. She didn't know her way around the hotel too well. She couldn't necessarily walk behind them because with her luck Justin would open his eyes. She couldn't think straight to go another way. She couldn't breath was more like it. Without thinking she practically ran on air as to not be heard by Justin.

"Excuse me." She said quietly as she went around Lonnie and Justin. She turned right around the corner and headed to the lobby quickly instead of the elevators.

"Lonnie? Stop walking!" Justin said out of nowhere. "put me down." Lonnie put Justin back down, which wasn't much considering the big baby was six feet tall.

"What's the matter?"

"Did you bump into somebody?"

"No. Why?"

"Nothing never mind!" Justin got in the elevator and went to his room.

     Juliana sat in one corner of the lobby waiting. She didn't exactly know what she waited for but she sat there none the less. What were they doing here? Was he looking for her? she then remembered what the show coordinator had told the models earlier that day. They had musical guests who would perform while they modeled the clothing line. She was trapped. She couldn't avoid them now. She got up after a few minutes and got on the elevator to her room. When the elevator door opened she almost screamed as she saw a man with a cell phone on his hands. His back was turned as he talked on the phone almost whispering. Juliana felt a knot in her stomach. God I miss them soo much. she thought to herself. What she did next surprised even her. She quietly walked up behind the man. She lifted her hands up to his hair. And did what she was familiar on doing. She put her hands in his hair and went wild.

"What the hell is…" Jc turned around to find Juls standing in front of him.

"Sorry I couldn't help it." she said smiling up at him.

"Oh my God, Juls!" he grabbed her waist and hugged her tightly against his chest.

"Jc, let me go. I can't breathe." Juliana said after being in the tight embrace for a second too long.

"Ohh I'm sorry." he said putting her down. He just looked at her and the smile on his face wouldn't go away as he spoke. "We've missed you so much."

"Yeah I'm sure." she said with a roll of her eyes.

"Don't do that Juls. We do miss you. What are you doing in Australia?"

"Well I was going to ask you the same thing."

"You first."

"I have a fashion ceremony to attend tomorrow. You?"

"We have to perform.."

"Let me guess. At the fashion ceremony?"

"Yeah. Can you believe this? All this time trying to find you and now here we are. In the same exact place."

"Speaking of looking for me. Is that fiancée of yours here too?"

"Oh my God! She's on the phone." Jc said picking up the phone he dropped when he was attacked. "Hello?"

"Put her on, Josh." Bobbie heard everything that happened while she waited. Bobbie was in tears. Tears of finally finding Juls.

Jc handed Juls the phone. She looked at him with extensive eyes.

"Hello?"

"Do you realize how much damage I'm going to cause your pretty little face?"

"Hi Bobbie. Nice to hear you haven't changed a bit." Juliana laughed. It was good to hear her friend's voice again.

"I miss you girl."

"I've missed you…" Jc was pulling her towards another room. "Jc where you taking me?" she said still walking.

"To the guys."

"Oh no C. I don't want to see him."

"He's not here." Jc opened the room door to find five guys playing video games. Juls stood at the door nervous about who was in the room. Everything was happening too fast. Her past was hitting her too abruptly.

"Is Justin there?" Bobbie asked Juls when she heard the guys in the background.

"No." Juliana answered. When the group of guys heard a female voice they turned to the door. Chris dropped the controller and ran full speed towards Juls. "Oh my god! Bobbie I have to go. I'm being attacked." Juliana threw the small phone in Jc's direction as Chris' weight came over her and she was on the ground laughing. She couldn't remember the last time she'd laugh so hard.

"Hey you." Chris simply said getting up.

"Is this how you greet women now?" Juliana asked getting up.

"No, Carmen. Just you?"

"Carmen?" Juliana looked at him like he was crazy.

"Yeah." he burst into song. "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego." Juliana laughed even harder.

"It's good to hear that laugh again." Lance said giving her a gentle hug.

"Nice to hear your voice too." Juliana responded.

"Hey there sweet thang. Can I get your number?" Joey joked from behind Lance. He put his arms around her.

"Hey there. How's it hanging?"

"Hanging free, I missed you Juls." Joey said in her ear. Juliana blushed a little.

"Hey guys." Juls said looking at Wade and Trace who stood there waiting their turn.

"You look good Juls." Wade said giving her a hug.

"Thank you. How's the princess?" Juliana asked referring to Britney.

"She's doing good."

"And how's my favorite fashion consultant?" Juls looked at Trace with a big smile across her face. It felt good to smile again.

"I'm good. I've never missed one of my models like I did you though." Trace said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"So you guys found me huh?"

"Well actually Chris found you." Jc said putting his cell phone in his pocket."

"Chris?"

"Yeah for a person who seems to not want to be found. You aren't that smart." Chris said shaking his head.

"And why is that?"

"You don't cover your tracks very well."

"What do you mean?"

"If you don't want to be found. You shouldn't be signing autographs."

"Autographs?" Juliana asked puzzled. Then she remembered the autograph she did the day before. "I should have known. Australian accent?"

"You got it. Damn, I guess you still are smart."

"You can't play me Chris. Models aren't stupid. Well not all of them at least." Juliana said pushing him to the side. "I have to go guys."

"Where are you going?" Lance asked. He wasn't trying to be nosy but now that they had her back they sure weren't letting her go.

"Relax. I'm not leaving the country. I can't I'm under contract." she said with a wink. "There is still one of you that I'm not so sure I'm ready to see." she waved goodbye and was out the door.

     Juliana walked into her room. As her door closed behind her, the door to the left opened and Justin stepped out. Holding his head he walked to Jc and Joey's room. He couldn't sleep so he decided he would go and hang out with the guys for a while.

"What's going on?" Justin said as he walked into the room. Six sets of eyes rested on him. All with smiles on their faces. "What are you guys looking at?"

"Nothing." they all said. Justin ignored his friends strange attitudes and closed his eyes.

"Are you guys hungry?" Joey asked to break the silence in the room.

"We had food three hours ago, Joe." Jc said after looking at his watch.

"Hey I'm a growing boy. I'm hungry."

"That's for sure." Justin said agreeing with the theory of Joey still growing. "I second that though." his eyes still closed. His headache was slowly clearing. Although he was still a little drowsy from all the medicine, he was now hungry. He got up and headed for the door. "Let's go Joe."

     After three slices of pizza and two cups of soda, Justin let out a loud burp.

"Pig!"

"Yo mama!" Justin joked back.

"Don't be talking about my …" Joey let out a burp of his own. "Ohh I don't feel too hot."

"Yeah well five slices do that to people." Justin said with a laugh. "are you guys going out tonight?"

"I don't know maybe. Why? Feeling better? Wanna come out and play with us now?"

"Yeah I think I just needed to eat. I feel a lot better. But I am still sitting. I'll let you know when I stand up."

"Well don't tell Wade you feel that great. He'll make us dance. And I already have my mind set on sitting." Justin laughed.

"Alright."

     They went back to the room. Played some more video games. Mainly because the guys wanted to be distracted enough so they wouldn't blab about Juliana. They decided on going to a club down the street. Justin wasn't much in a partying mood. But he had to get out. He was becoming so miserable being cooped up. It was starting to affect his career. The guilt of having to change the performance lingered on his mind along with the other million things going on in his life. He had to get is life together. Even if it was without Juls for the time being.
 

*******************************

     Four men tiptoed down the hall making as little noise as they could. One of them knocked on the door softly. No answer. The shorter of the men knocked again. A little harder this time.

     The girl inside the room looked at the clock. Two forty five. What the hell? she thought to herself. Who the hell is waking me up at this time? She walked to the door and looked through the peep hole. Four men stood there.

"Ohh,...... I should of known." she said opening the door. "what do you guys want at three in the morning?"

"Shh." they all said putting their index fingers up to their lips. Chris reached over with his free index finger and placed it over her mouth as well. "Can we come in?"

"Why are we whispering?" Juls asked following his lead.

"Justin's room is next door." Jc informed her.

"Ohh, you've got to be kidding me." Juliana let out full voice. All four guys shoved and pushed their way inside her room. Juliana now knew who was playing the music over and over again. "Ouch!" Juliana let out when she tripped over her pillow and blankets by the wall.

     Joey switched the light on and looked around. "Nice room Juls."

"Thanks, but couldn't you guys come at a later time? Like noon maybe!" she asked putting her t-shirt back into place.

"Not if you want to see Justin and.. Why are you sleeping on the floor Juls?" Jc asked looking at the blanket and pillows located by the wall. The wall that connected to Justin's room. Jc gave her a strange look.

"It's comfortable." the moment the words left her mouth Justin pressed play. The sounds came into the room. The four men looked at each other and then looked a Juliana with huge grins across their faces. Juliana blushed.

"Oh whatever! I didn't know it was him. Leave me alone."

"Oh I think you've had plenty of alone time. Too long if you ask me." Lance said sitting on the bed.

"Nobody asked you!!!!" Juliana said throwing herself on the bed face down.

"Too bad."
 
 

41



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story