Author's Chapter Notes:
here's the latest installment!!! hope you enjoy!!!

Chapter 12

Is this fool for real?

Kamylle stomped down to Drake’s room the following morning after she’d received a text message from him asking her to meet him in his room to discuss the itinerary. Usually they did it over the phone, the less time she had to spend with him during the day the better, but he wasn’t making this easy on her.

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten involved with him in the first place. This is the reason why I don’t date guys I work with. Ugh!!!

Kamylle knocked on the door and raised an eyebrow when it cracked open, showing that it was never closed in the first place.

"Hello? Drake? Are you in here?" she asked, peeking her head around the door.

"Yeah, I’m in the back. Come on in." Kamylle obeyed his request and made her way to the back of the suite. She immediately regretted it when she saw the set up he had waiting for her. He was sitting at the mini dining table where he had breakfast for two set up, complete with a vase of flowers in the middle of the table.

"Look…" she began, before Drake cut her off.

"It’s just breakfast. Please Kammie," he pleaded.

"First of all, don’t call me that, only friends are allowed to call me that," she stated coldly, "And second of all, you wanted me to come over to go over your itinerary, not for breakfast."

"I was thinking we could kill two birds with one stone; everyone needs to eat."

"And what would make you think that I’d wanna eat with you?" she asked, in a harsh tone.

"You’ve done it before," he stated plainly.

"I’ve done a lot of things before;" she started, "that doesn’t mean that I’d do them again. Now I came over here to let you know your itinerary, and that’s all I’m going to do." Kamylle pulled a sheet of paper out of her folder and placed it on the table next to his plate. Drake looked down at the piece of paper before looking up at her.

"Are you going to the interview with me?"

"Yeah, that’s apart of my job. I’ll meet you in the lobby at two," she said before exiting the room briskly. Drake winced when he heard the door slam. He couldn’t believe that their relationship had come to this after all that had happened between them. He realized that they were no longer romantically involved, but did she have to be this coldhearted with him? Had he really hurt her bad enough that she no longer wanted to be around him unless she was on duty? All he did was dance with another woman. And they weren’t even dating, so technically she didn’t have any right to be this upset. Right?

Shit, what am I gonna do?

Kamylle walked into her suite and closed the door behind her, sliding down it once it was securely shut. She’d been trying not to let their personal relationship (or lack thereof) effect their professional relationship, but it wasn’t working. He was just as persistent in trying to see her as she was persistent to stay away from him. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want to quit her job; that would just be stupid. She was enjoying it entirely too much and she didn’t want to leave over a guy. But she also didn’t want to stay there and have her job suffer because of what happened between the two of them. Kamylle took a deep breath and made a decision that she was gonna let the past be the past. Now, she wasn’t going to be a dummy and get involved with him, but she wasn’t going to let her and Drake’s past effect their professional relationship anymore. She was being paid to be his personal assistant, and she’d be damned if she wouldn’t perform it to the best of her ability.

~*~

Sexy love

Girl the things you do

Keep me sprung

Keep me running back to you

Justin was singing in the shower, excited about what had happened the previous night and what was going to happen that day. He and Kamylle had shared their first ‘real’ kiss the night before, and it was a kiss he’d never forget. It was so sweet, yet so intense. That was only the second kiss they’d shared, but it felt like he’d been kissing her for a lifetime. Her lips had that familiar feeling and the way they moved together seemed like they’d been together for years. A big smile spread across his face. And today he and Drake had a few interviews to promote the tour, which meant that he’d be spending the better part of his day with her. Life couldn’t be better. He finished his shower and walked to the bedroom section of his suite to put on lotion when he heard his phone ring Bobby Valentino’s ‘Anonymous’, his ringtone for unknown callers. He stared at the number for a few seconds before finally answering.

"Hello?"

"Justin? Is it you?" He immediately recognized the woman’s voice and groaned inwardly.

"Hey Cameron," he said dryly.

"How have you been, sweetheart?" she asked in her normal cheerful.

"Fine and you?"

"Fabulous." Justin smiled, thinking back on what Kamylle had said the previous night.

"So to what do I owe this unexpected phone call?"

"I’m in Glasgow and I wanted to pop by and see you…maybe reminisce on old times," she said, lust dripping in her tone.

"I’m sorta busy."

"You can’t spare just an hour?"

"Nope, sorry," he said dryly.

"Oh," Cameron replied, disappointed, "Well alright."

"I’m sorry."

"It’s ok; I’ll catch you later."

"Yeah, talk to you later," he said, hanging up the phone. He had barely ended the call when he heard a knock at his door. He tightened the robe and walked over to it and looked in the peephole, seeing Kamylle on the other side. He smiled and opened the door.

"Hey you," she said, giving him her signature smirk.

"Hey yourself, babe," he replied, pulling her in for a hug.

"Am I interrupting something?" she asked once he’d released her.

"Nope, not at all. I was just getting dressed and then I was gonna call you and tell you to meet me in the lobby at noon, but I don’t have to since you’re here now."

"Umm hmm," she said in a cheery tone, wrapping her arms around his middle.

"Someone’s in a jovial mood."

"Did you just use the word ‘jovial’?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"Is that your SAT word of the day or something?" she teased.

"Haha, very funny," he replied, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. He placed a light kiss in her hair, inhaling the vanilla scent of her shampoo and conditioner. The two of them stood like that for a while, just basking in each other’s presence.

"Alright babe, as much as I would love to just stay in this position and hold you all day, I’m gonna have to get dressed so I can take you out for lunch and so we can go to this interview. Are you gonna ride with me?"

"Yeah," Kamylle replied, releasing him. She placed her palms against his chest and pushed him towards the bedroom area of the suite.

"Whoa Babygirl! If that’s what you wanted all you had to was ask!" he exclaimed.

"Hush boy! Get dressed and come knock on my door when you’re ready to go," Kamylle responded with a smile before giving him one more quick peck on the lips and leaving.

~*~

"So tell me Mr. Timberlake, the title of your new album is ‘FutureSex/LoveSounds’, but we haven’t heard of any special ladies around you recently. So how is your love life going?"

"Great actually," he replied smiling.

"So there is a lucky lady then?" the reporter asked.

"I’m gonna keep that to myself, but I will let you know that I am happy…very happy."

Kamylle couldn’t keep the grin off her face. She was sitting across the room with Drake, playing around on her phone to keep her from making eye contact with Justin. They didn’t want any of the media knowing about the quasi-relationship, didn’t want to ruin it before it (officially) began…so they did stuff like this. It was ok to be photographed together, she was on tour with him after all, and whenever they were photographed together there was always at least Trace, if not more people, with them. It was interviews or rather the reporters that would get them caught. He got asked questions like that all the time, and both he and Kamylle had to make sure that they didn’t give the reporters any kind of clues or hints. She waited until the reporter had moved onto a question about the tour before she winked and mouthed "I’m happy too". Justin, being the veteran that he is with reporters, responded in his own secretive way by smiling before answering the question and rubbing his hands together and quickly giving her a thumbs up sign. Her grin grew wider...and Drake’s scowl grew stronger.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story